One year later- share your favorite Skyrim moments!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 brucewayne69
Member since 2012 • 2864 Posts

Well guys, it's been a whole year since Skyrim. This game was the best game that I have ever played. It is everything that one could want. I put in 150 or so hours. The moment I first popped it in and the music was playing, I knew it was a keeper. There is just so much to do. One moment that sticks out particularly to me is when I stole something in Whiterun, and of course the guard chases me out the gates. We're both running until I notice a giants camp. I run right in and the giants see us. Next thing I know that guard is flying 100's of feet in the air. Hahahah.

This game truly was excellence. You can just get lost in it's wealth of things to do. We are lucky to have Bethesda.

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

Man, thanks for the reminder about Skyrim's Birthday! :) Wanted to post something about it in a group I manage ^^

And to answer your question:

SPOILERS FOLLOW!

Till today the final chapter of the Main Story Quest (the one with Alduin, not about the Civil War) is considered one of the most epic moments in the game for me. The Sovngarde Chant really invokes a feeling about you're close to the end.

That and the Blackwidth, the visuals there are just freaking impressive as well as the feeling of being all alone deeeeep deeeeeeeeeep underground. When I first managed to arrive the lonley hut and realized who it was who lived there, that was just an intense feeling. I remember how safe and sheltered I felt inside the tiny tiny hut.

SPOILERS END

Also, the Dragon Fight Music "Watch The Skies" is till today one of my favorite intense battle songs. Close second with the Dragonbattle Dragonborn Theme Version.

GamerZem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 GamerZem
Member since 2012 • 526 Posts
There are honestly too many forme to count. I might play skyrim again soon.
Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts

I still haven't got round to playing Skyrim. I was planning to do so after I beat Oblivion but I got sidetracked in the Shivering Isles and never did manage to finish.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
When I stoped playing,that felt good.
Reptylus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Reptylus
Member since 2009 • 1875 Posts
The end of the civil war. While the rebel Whatshisname talked with General Youknowitmaybe I stole all belongings of him and his bodyguard, including the clothes they were wearing. Then they attacked the general unarmed and naked as if everything was fine. That was kind of funny.
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
In a dungeon I meet one of those glitched axe-wielding Master Vampires who used to bypass your armor and kill you in two hits. Well, I lured him backwards through several fire traps, sidestepped around him and dragon shouted him down a bottomless pit. SPARTA MOMENT A blood dragon was kicking my ass, when two mammoths came out of nowhere and slammed into it, killing it on impact, then waddled off like nothing had happened. At the siege of Whiterun during the civil war questline, the Jaarl stands on a wooden scaffold atop the walls, giving his 5 soldiers army a pep talk . I dragon shouted him off the walls and in the valley below. A few minutes later he made it back and resumed his speech like nothing had happened. I shouted him off again.
Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Justforvisit

The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim

Oh and for the special celebration of this day, let me repost this nice picture ^^ Pay attention to the clocktime it was buyed :D

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Black_Knight_00
Oh and for the special celebration of this day, let me repost this nice picture ^^ Pay attention to the clocktime it was buyed :DJustforvisit
Damn. Games are cheap in Holland
Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Justforvisit

[QUOTE="Justforvisit"]Oh and for the special celebration of this day, let me repost this nice picture ^^ Pay attention to the clocktime it was buyed :DBlack_Knight_00

It's Germany :P

And yeah, some PC Games usually are, with consoles we have the same as the US range though, around 70 EUR most of the time.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="Justforvisit"]Oh and for the special celebration of this day, let me repost this nice picture ^^ Pay attention to the clocktime it was buyed :DJustforvisit

And yeah, some PC Games usually are, with consoles we have the same as the US range though, around 70 EUR most of the time.

Ah crap. Reuckgeld deceived me. I was convinced it was Ruckgeld in german
Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Justforvisit

[QUOTE="Justforvisit"]

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"] Damn. Games are cheap in HollandBlack_Knight_00

Actually it's Rückgeld, contains a letter that's not very popular or spread among other languages OR electronical billing devices and other EDP machines x)

Funky_Connor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Funky_Connor
Member since 2011 • 417 Posts

Finishing the main questlinne. Finishing the main story gave me one of the greatest sennses of destiny I have ever felt in a video game.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="Justforvisit"]

Justforvisit

Actually it's Rückgeld, contains a letter that's not very popular or spread among other languages OR electronical billing devices and other EDP machines x)

Yes, I'm familiar with the umlaut, I studied german for several years. I was simply too lazy to look up the ASCII code for it :lol:

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Justforvisit

[QUOTE="Justforvisit"]

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"] Ah crap. Reuckgeld deceived me. I was convinced it was Ruckgeld in germanBlack_Knight_00

Yes, I'm familiar with the umlaut, I studied german for several years. I was simply too lazy to look up the ASCII code for it :lol:

Aahh okay, and hey, quite cool :D

TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TrainerCeleste
Member since 2012 • 1633 Posts
Bethesda's total silence o3o Best moment ever
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#18 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

In a dungeon I meet one of those glitched axe-wielding Master Vampires who used to bypass your armor and kill you in two hits. Well, I lured him backwards through several fire traps, sidestepped around him and dragon shouted him down a bottomless pit. SPARTA MOMENT A blood dragon was kicking my ass, when two mammoths came out of nowhere and slammed into it, killing it on impact, then waddled off like nothing had happened. At the siege of Whiterun during the civil war questline, the Jaarl stands on a wooden scaffold atop the walls, giving his 5 soldiers army a pep talk . I dragon shouted him off the walls and in the valley below. A few minutes later he made it back and resumed his speech like nothing had happened. I shouted him off again.Black_Knight_00

are u getting ready for far cry 3.:)

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#19 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Almost at the end of the civil war questline, I had some firestorm spell I never used because it took so long to charge up. But I was surrounded by a dozen enemy soldiers and I thought it would be the perfect opportunity. Oh man, roasted and toasted every one of them! Don't mess with the mage :lol:

I also loved summoning Arniel's Shade, shooting him out into the middle of a room and watching all the enemies attack him. While I nonchalantly blasted away at them from behind.

There was some bandit leader who killed me a couple of times, I was getting pretty annoyed with that guy. Then it finally occurred to me that since we were fighting way up on a tower, I could give him a nice fus-ro-dah and send him flying off into the sky. Enough of your s*** buddy LOL.

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

favorite moment - Betseda saying there will be ps3 DLC :D

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]In a dungeon I meet one of those glitched axe-wielding Master Vampires who used to bypass your armor and kill you in two hits. Well, I lured him backwards through several fire traps, sidestepped around him and dragon shouted him down a bottomless pit. SPARTA MOMENT A blood dragon was kicking my ass, when two mammoths came out of nowhere and slammed into it, killing it on impact, then waddled off like nothing had happened. At the siege of Whiterun during the civil war questline, the Jaarl stands on a wooden scaffold atop the walls, giving his 5 soldiers army a pep talk . I dragon shouted him off the walls and in the valley below. A few minutes later he made it back and resumed his speech like nothing had happened. I shouted him off again.sukraj

are u getting ready for far cry 3.:)

F*ck yes, I'm hyped like hell :D
Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
When you get to the first village and get your first quest. I really enjoyed the first quest. It felt like there was a huge sprawling adventure to be had. After that though it was downhill. I felt the game was good, but it got boring very quickly.
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts

The time when I first installed that nude mo.....

:P

Nah it would have to be my first open-world dragon encounter, in a snowy village. It came down and landed on the roof of a building, spewing fire to the civilians and guards below. It was amazing.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#24 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
So many great moments, but the first time I got smacked high into the air by a giant had me busting out laughing instead of being angry. I've probably had better moments, it's just hard to remember specific events after playing for nearly 150 hours.