old rating system

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hani1179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hani1179
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

hi gamespot staff...

i'm always impressed by the ways u present ur site...and for me ur the best among all!

lately u've started to rate the games and review themusing unclear rate icons and that do not illustrate precise reviews about the games' different aspects..graphics...sound..gameplay..value...(the old review system)

would u please put back the numerical rating system according toactual gradevalues over 10!!!..so tht we could precisely know abtreasonable grading system becuz the one ur using now is too complicated, complex, variant and unclear!!

graphics ..........6/10

sound ............9/10

etc...

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts

All systems have their flaws and this is better than the old one. I didn't like how graphics, sounds etc. pretty much decided the game score. A game can deserve 9 even without great graphics.

And new review emblems are simple. If a game gets the Great Story emblem. It has a great story. I wouldn't call that complicated.

And you are supposed to read the review, not just look at the overall score.

TMontana1004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 TMontana1004
Member since 2007 • 4537 Posts
I'd say go back to old rating system, but keep the symbols. I hate the new rating system.
ebbderelict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 173

#4 ebbderelict
Member since 2005 • 3992 Posts
I don't mind the new review system. I'm happy with it.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts

Those numbers were never really "precise" to begin with. There is no scientific method to video game reviews.

I'd like the new rating system better if we could use it in our user reviews. User reviews suck now.