old adventure game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by zhakal (3 posts) -
Hey! Im looking for an old adventure game for my old pc. So far ive played and enjoyed Syberia 2, Still Life, Dracula: The Last Sanctuary, Escape From Mysterious Island, The Curse Of Monkey Island.. probably something more, but im not sure :P Please advice me some other games from the genre.
#2 Posted by rilpas (8222 posts) -
you could try the Indiana Jones adventure games or maybe Sam and Max
#3 Posted by zhakal (3 posts) -
Sam & Max has been played already, as well as the Indiana Jones, but that one is a bit too old thou. Come on, largest game forum, don't you know any adventure games of that time? o_O
#4 Posted by Dudersaper (32949 posts) -
The Longest Journey and Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, two of my favourite games ever.
#5 Posted by JC_AEK4ever (356 posts) -

Syberia 1 was better than 2 you should try it. Also you should try the Myst games (especially Myst 3 and 4) and The Longest Journey. If you are looking for older games try Broken Sword 1 and 2, Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis and Gabriel Knight 1, 2 and 3.

#6 Posted by ohadzivan (55 posts) -
I was just reading forums to pass the time. but Gabriel knight brought back memories... should definitely play it if you haven't.
#7 Posted by Frieza99 (232 posts) -
Alone in the Dark , Longest Journey and Teen Agent.
#8 Posted by a_xwing (8 posts) -
LucasArts and Sierra Online made some good games in their golden years, Day of The Tentacle, Indiana Jones, Gabriel Knight 1-3, Freddy Pharkas, Sam & Max Hit The Road, King's Quest 1-7 (the eight is an action game), Phantasmagoria There's also Journeyman Project, Some horror genres like 7th Guest, and 11th hour, I called Myst and Zork series is more of puzzle games but it's worth a try I highly doubt you'll find them in the store though... most of them probably can be categorized abandonware
#9 Posted by GoToHellDave (12 posts) -
May have to get grim fandango again.
#10 Posted by SpacePirate6 (304 posts) -
#11 Posted by GaussRiemann (183 posts) -

here are some games:

Discworld 2 - Missing Presumed

Disworld Noir

Edna & Harvey . The Breakout

Broken Sword III & IV

Secret Files: Tunguska

Grim Fandango

Zork: Grand Inquisitor

Leirsure Suit Larry 7 - Love for Sail

The Moment of Silence

The Whispered World

Clever & Smart: A Movie Adventure

#12 Posted by iowastate (7873 posts) -

my recommendations:

Secret Files: Puritas Cordis

this is a sequel to Secret Files:Tunguska

they have very good story lines.

Sherlock Holmes versus Jack the Ripper

this is good because you have the 1800s London to seach in.

Broken Sword the Shadow of the Templars

Broken Sword II: the Smoking Mirror

Broken Sword III: the Sleeping Dragon

the Broken Sword games have puzzles that can be rather challenging.

lest I forget

The Longest Journey

and

Dreamfall

fairly short and interesting games

#13 Posted by emilytaylor (2 posts) -
thanks
#14 Posted by Klawd11 (18 posts) -
Maniac Mansion > The Day of the Tentacle > Grim Fandango in this order !
#15 Posted by NicotineKid (1475 posts) -

Full Throttle.

#16 Posted by dap70 (9 posts) -
try the lesuire suit larry games , especially the first 3.i loved them back in the day. and the police quest games , the space quest games , all by sierra. lure of the tempress wasa favourite too. beneath a steel sky, curse of enchantia , loom , legend of kyrandia , personal nightmare , the simon the sorcerer games. even hook by ocean based on the movie wasn't bad. the point 'n' click genre went downhill when adventure games were no longer in 2-d imo , so these are my favourites
#17 Posted by tempertress (351 posts) -

I love old adventure games. Here are my favourites:

The Longest Journey (by far)

Dreamfall

Syberia I and II

Still Life

Full Throttle

Monkey Island Series

Broken Sword Series

#18 Posted by khatibi22 (7221 posts) -

How old? You mean 2000s upward or older? There are several 90s adventure games. I would recommend "Full Throttle" as well as older " Leisure Suit Larry" games.