Official Wii U launch thread! Out Now! Reviews in! 1G update...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#351 Posted by Grammaton-Cleric (7513 posts) -

[QUOTE="dvader654"][QUOTE="Shame-usBlackley"]

I have another anecdotal case of how fvcked Nintendo has been when it comes to marketing this system. An account rep that I deal with called on me today and while shooting the breeze, we started talking about her kids and what they wanted for Christmas. She says she ended up buying them all laptops and I asked her why a game system wasn't in the cards and she said she is getting her boy a PS3 for his birthday next year. I asked her if the he'd asked for a Wii U, and she said yes he had, but that she wasn't willing to buy both a Wii and a new system to play games. I think she saw the remote and the name and figured it was basically a turbocharger for the Wii itself, not an entirely new system. I didn't even bother trying to explain it, mostly because she'd already bought the laptops, but also because it's not my job to help Nintendo out of their marketing clusterfvck.

I really DO get the impression that people have no idea still what this system is when they've heard about it. Nintendo really needs to do something to distance this system from the Wii..

Shinobishyguy

I think your observation is correct. I cant remember a console release arrive with less fanfare than this. People just dont know what this is.

reminds me of the whole 3ds launch fiasco. I know not all customers keep in touch with what gaming consoles are coming out but jeesh, is Nintendo going to have to spell it out to them in big neon letters?

The onus is on Nintendo to clearly differentiate this new console from the previous system. They made this same mistake with the 3DS as many people actually thought it was merely a DS with 3D functionality.

Nintendo also has a problem with core gamers because they haven't really given people like me any reason to buy a console nor have they titillated me with promises of upcoming exclusive software that would compel me to consider purchasing the Wii U.

This really is one of the strangest console launches I've ever seen.

#352 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22550 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

[QUOTE="dvader654"] I think your observation is correct. I cant remember a console release arrive with less fanfare than this. People just dont know what this is.Grammaton-Cleric

reminds me of the whole 3ds launch fiasco. I know not all customers keep in touch with what gaming consoles are coming out but jeesh, is Nintendo going to have to spell it out to them in big neon letters?

The onus is on Nintendo to clearly differentiate this new console from the previous system. They made this same mistake with the 3DS as many people actually thought it was merely a DS with 3D functionality.

Nintendo also has a problem with core gamers because they haven't really given people like me any reason to buy a console nor have they titillated me with promises of upcoming exclusive software that would compel me to consider purchasing the Wii U.

This really is one of the strangest console launches I've ever seen.

well that's the thing, obviously people who have never cared about nintendo franchises in the first place won't get it. Then there are those of us who are interested in NSMB, pikmin, Smash bros. and whatever else they have cooking up.

Plus there's always the odd third party gem here and there.

#353 Posted by Grammaton-Cleric (7513 posts) -

well that's the thing, obviously people who have never cared about nintendo franchises in the first place won't get it. Then there are those of us who are interested in NSMB, pikmin, and whatever else they have cooking up

Shinobishyguy

I've "cared" about Nintendo franchises for years, but I've reached my limit with the Wii U in terms of what I'm willing to tolerate from a console. If Nintendo can get some meaningful exclusives out and get the price down to something more reasonable then I may still nab one but I really don't see the logic in spending 400 dollars for a console that plays the same games I already own on other systems.

#354 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22550 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

well that's the thing, obviously people who have never cared about nintendo franchises in the first place won't get it. Then there are those of us who are interested in NSMB, pikmin, and whatever else they have cooking up

Grammaton-Cleric

I've "cared" about Nintendo franchises for years, but I've reached my limit with the Wii U in terms of what I'm willing to tolerate from a console. If Nintendo can get some meaningful exclusives out and get the price down to something more reasonable then I may still nab one but I really don't see the logic in spending 400 dollars for a console that plays the same games I already own on other systems.

Not now no. Bit like I said, this is a Nintendo console. They're probably the only developers I know that can carry their system on the weight of their first party games alone.

#355 Posted by Pedro (21358 posts) -

Not now no. Bit like I said, this is a Nintendo console. They're probably the only developers I know that can carry their system on the weight of their first party games alone.

Shinobishyguy

But they are losing their appeal with every iteration and it doesn't help that they rarely if ever introduce new IP.

#356 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22550 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]Not now no. Bit like I said, this is a Nintendo console. They're probably the only developers I know that can carry their system on the weight of their first party games alone.

Pedro

But they are losing their appeal with every iteration

according to who?

Last I checked most of Nintendo's first party franchises are still well received. Skyward sword for all the sh*t it gets still has like a 93 on metacritic.

#357 Posted by Grammaton-Cleric (7513 posts) -

[QUOTE="Grammaton-Cleric"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

Shinobishyguy

If playing a game every six months to a year is your idea of sustainable then power to you.

Personally, I'm sick of such paltry offerings and I no longer intend to reward Nintendo by purchasing their console merely for a handful of exclusives. If they can't maintain a steady stream of first and third party software then I'll stick with MS and Sony.

#358 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22550 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="Grammaton-Cleric"]I've "cared" about Nintendo franchises for years, but I've reached my limit with the Wii U in terms of what I'm willing to tolerate from a console. If Nintendo can get some meaningful exclusives out and get the price down to something more reasonable then I may still nab one but I really don't see the logic in spending 400 dollars for a console that plays the same games I already own on other systems.Grammaton-Cleric

If playing a game every six months to a year is your idea of sustainable then power to you.Personally, I'm sick of such paltry offerings and I no longer intend to reward Nintendo by purchasing their console merely for a handful of exclusives. If they can't maintain a steady stream of first and third party software then I'll stick with MS and Sony.

when that "mere handful" of games happens to include some of the greatest games of their respective generation I'd say yes, yes it's worth owning
*as a secondary console atleast.*

#359 Posted by Pedro (21358 posts) -

according to who?

Last I checked most of Nintendo's first party franchises are still well received. Skyward sword for all the sh*t it gets still has like a 93 on metacritic.

Shinobishyguy

So you are trying to say that Nintendo games still hold the same prowess as it did in the past?

#360 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22550 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]according to who?

Pedro

So you are trying to say that Nintendo games still hold the same prowess as it did in the past?

as far as being well made games of *usually*consistent quality, polish and design? yes.

#361 Posted by Pedro (21358 posts) -

as far as being well made games of *usually*consistent quality, polish and design? yes.

Shinobishyguy

Then we are looking at the same games rather differently because I differ.

#362 Posted by Bigboi500 (30821 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

Pedro

Then we are looking at the same games rather differently because I differ.

What company(s) games do you think have quality, polish and good design?

#364 Posted by Pedro (21358 posts) -

What company(s) games do you think have quality, polish and good design?

Bigboi500

There are quite a few

Double Fine,Arkane Studios, Naughty Dog, Insomniac Games,Valve,Bungie etc and several indie that I can't name off my head.

#365 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22550 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]What company(s) games do you think have quality, polish and good design?

Pedro

There are quite a few

Double Fine,Arkane Studios, Naughty Dog, Insomniac Games,Valve,Bungie etc and several indie that I can't name off my head.

Really, so how are nintendo's games any less well designed? I mean if you ask the average person what the think is better, ratchet and clank or mario galaxy, I think we both know what the answer will be.
#366 Posted by Pedro (21358 posts) -

Really, so how are nintendo's games any less well designed? I mean if you ask the average person what the think is better, ratchet and clank or mario galaxy, I think we both know what the answer will be.Shinobishyguy

Really? Who is this "average person"? Mario existed way before Ratchet and Clank was concieved, so if you are going with the "average person" they would most likely say Mario. Not because its necessarily a better game but have been around longer and is particularly popular since it is after all the most used gaming brand in gaming history. In addition to that how much more Mario and Zelda do the gaming population freaking need? If Mario and Zelda is the only thing that Nintendo has going for it; after all it is the default argument you are leaning towards, then its particularly clear at least to me that their gaming portfolio is disturbingly limited and overly recycled. One can easily argue that Nintendo games have "polished", "quality" and "good design" because they are doing the sames games over and over.

The good thing is that the nostalgia of their brands are beginning to age and hopefully they would venture into more meaningful development of new IP instead of another 30 years of recycled brands.

#367 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22550 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]Really, so how are nintendo's games any less well designed? I mean if you ask the average person what the think is better, ratchet and clank or mario galaxy, I think we both know what the answer will be.Pedro

Really? Who is this "average person"? Mario existed way before Ratchet and Clank was concieved, so if you are going with the "average person" they would most likely say Mario. Not because its necessarily a better game but have been around longer and is particularly popular since it is after all the most used gaming brand in gaming history. In addition to that how much more Mario and Zelda do the gaming population freaking need? If Mario and Zelda is the only thing that Nintendo has going for it; after all it is the default argument you are leaning towards, then its particularly clear at least to me that their gaming portfolio is disturbingly limited and overly recycled. One can easily argue that Nintendo games have "polished", "quality" and "good design" because they are doing the sames games over and over.

The good thing is that the nostalgia of their brands are beginning to age and hopefully they would venture into more meaningful development of new IP instead of another 30 years of recycled brands.

Oh god this nostalgia argument again, Is it really hard to believe that they're just legitimately good games :?

I mean sure the nostalgia is there, but thats not the only thing the games have going for them

#368 Posted by Jbul (4835 posts) -

[QUOTE="dvader654"][QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

Thats the only reason why I got it tbh. It's something new. But if I hadn't picked up CoD, it would've been collecting dust already. Aside from NintendoLands, there really isnt anything new about it. There is zombieU so that's another game you can play if you do decide to get one, but not much else on the system tbh.

S0lidSnake

There is a new Mario game you heathen! :P

I thought it was a port.

Just the best 2D Mario game since Super Mario World.... no big deal or anything. :P

#369 Posted by Bigboi500 (30821 posts) -

Just picked up the deluxe bundle and I'm impressed with the overall packaging. Nintendo Land came in a normal game box instead of a crappy cardboard sleeve, and you get a charging cradle for the tablet controller. That thing really is cool; stereo speakers, clickable analog sticks, a stylus and four triggers that are nicely placed, and tv controls.

#370 Posted by Pedro (21358 posts) -

Just picked up the deluxe bundle and I'm impressed with the overall packaging. Nintendo Land came in a normal game box instead of a crappy cardboard sleeve, and you get a charging cradle for the tablet controller. That thing really is cool; stereo speakers, clickable analog sticks, a stylus and four triggers that are nicely placed, and tv controls.

Bigboi500

Another cool feature is that you can browse the net and visit store with the game running actively in the background.

#371 Posted by Jbul (4835 posts) -

Holy.... sh!t. The Rayman Legends demo is amazing! Everyone play it.... NOW! It's kind of buried deep in the E-Shop, you have to go to "See All" in the Nintendo E-Shop, and it's down at the very bottom but worth the effort. The demo has got me pumped. The visuals, the music (my god!), the gameplay. Only thing that's got me concerned is the touchscreen section (which is rather small), but I believe it's there to simulate what co-op would be like. Otherwise, one of the very best demos I've played in a long time. That music level put a huge smile on my face -- this one is gonna be awesome!!!!

#372 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22550 posts) -

Holy.... sh!t. The Rayman Legends demo is amazing! Everyone play it.... NOW! It's kind of buried deep in the E-Shop, you have to go to "See All" in the Nintendo E-Shop, and it's down at the very bottom but worth the effort. The demo has got me pumped. The visuals, the music (my god!), the gameplay. Only thing that's got me concerned is the touchscreen section (which is rather small), but I believe it's there to simulate what co-op would be like. Otherwise, one of the very best demos I've played in a long time. That music level put a huge smile on my face -- this one is gonna be awesome!!!!Jbul
the Sanic racing demo is also up. From what I've played it's pretty sweet.

#373 Posted by Pedro (21358 posts) -

The game is a bit over 500MB. After it downloads it has to install similar to that of the Playstation 3.

The Rayman sections of the game uses the traditional controller and has no touchscreen or motion control interface.

There are 3 playable levels. 2 are Rayman and the third is Glowbox.

There is a 30 tries limit on the demo.

Graphics are clean, sharp and sports HD quality.

My impression of the demo is that the Rayman sections are excellent but he plays slower than origins. Some of the new elements are particularly fun and a great addition.

The controller was a slight problem because I frequently found myself touching the analog stick which as we all know is oddly placed above the XYBA buttons. In addition to that I found myself having to place my hands awkwardly in order to effectively control with my righthand.

As far as the graphics, they look great. No qualms with that.

The non rayman sections are touch screen and motion control capable. It plays awfully similar to tablet and phone games. The unfortunate thing about these sections is that you are force to look at the controller instead of your TV and this is real downside since I have a relatively large TV in which I enjoy playing games on. I am not a fan of playing games on a smaller screen and is the main reason I don't play mobile games. The feature is nice if someone is using the TV but for general gameplay it feels forced and tacked on.

#374 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

The game is a bit over 500MB. After it downloads it has to install similar to that of the Playstation 3.

The Rayman sections of the game uses the traditional controller and has no touchscreen or motion control interface.

There are 3 playable levels. 2 are Rayman and the third is Glowbox.

There is a 30 tries limit on the demo.

Graphics are clean, sharp and sports HD quality.

My impression of the demo is that the Rayman sections are excellent but he plays slower than origins. Some of the new elements are particularly fun and a great addition.

The controller was a slight problem because I frequently found myself touching the analog stick which as we all know is oddly placed above the XYBA buttons. In addition to that I found myself having to place my hands awkwardly in order to effectively control with my righthand.

As far as the graphics, they look great. No qualms with that.

The non rayman sections are touch screen and motion control capable. It plays awfully similar to tablet and phone games. The unfortunate thing about these sections is that you are force to look at the controller instead of your TV and this is real downside since I have a relatively large TV in which I enjoy playing games on. I am not a fan of playing games on a smaller screen and is the main reason I don't play mobile games. The feature is nice if someone is using the TV but for general gameplay it feels forced and tacked on.

Pedro
You have a Wii U??? Also this demo is different from the store demo? The store demo had two levels. I am not a fan of taking away sweet platforming to do dumb touch screen stuff.
#375 Posted by Pedro (21358 posts) -
[QUOTE="dvader654"] You have a Wii U??? Also this demo is different from the store demo? The store demo had two levels. I am not a fan of taking away sweet platforming to do dumb touch screen stuff.

For now, i got the deluxe at Target. If it doesn't wow me i would be returning it and unfortunately it hasn't so far.. I have been actively trying too look at the positive aspects;which it has, but the negatives are particular strong.
#376 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
I have been playing NSMBU finally and I am still waiting for it to be amazing. Its a really good game but great games grow on trees right now, I expect more. The challenge mode is a great idea, everything else is just uninspired. Meanwhile the Rayman demo is absolutely fantastic. It has an energy the Mario game does not. So many collectables in every level. It makes interesting use of the touch pad. Plus its a speed runners dream. Oh and it looks stunning. Sad to see Ubisoft beating Nintendo at their own game.
#377 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jbul"]Holy.... sh!t. The Rayman Legends demo is amazing! Everyone play it.... NOW! It's kind of buried deep in the E-Shop, you have to go to "See All" in the Nintendo E-Shop, and it's down at the very bottom but worth the effort. The demo has got me pumped. The visuals, the music (my god!), the gameplay. Only thing that's got me concerned is the touchscreen section (which is rather small), but I believe it's there to simulate what co-op would be like. Otherwise, one of the very best demos I've played in a long time. That music level put a huge smile on my face -- this one is gonna be awesome!!!!Shinobishyguy

the Sanic racing demo is also up. From what I've played it's pretty sweet.

Panzer Dragoon level is such a tease. Damn you Sega.
#378 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22550 posts) -

I have been playing NSMBU finally and I am still waiting for it to be amazing. Its a really good game but great games grow on trees right now, I expect more. The challenge mode is a great idea, everything else is just uninspired. Meanwhile the Rayman demo is absolutely fantastic. It has an energy the Mario game does not. So many collectables in every level. It makes interesting use of the touch pad. Plus its a speed runners dream. Oh and it looks stunning. Sad to see Ubisoft beating Nintendo at their own game.dvader654
what world are you on? I found the first few worlds to be pretty easy but then the difficulty picked up at soda jungle.
Plus the game has plenty of secret exits and stuff that are tricky to find and it seems like every level throws something new at you.

#379 Posted by Grammaton-Cleric (7513 posts) -

I have been playing NSMBU finally and I am still waiting for it to be amazing. Its a really good game but great games grow on trees right now, I expect more. The challenge mode is a great idea, everything else is just uninspired. Meanwhile the Rayman demo is absolutely fantastic. It has an energy the Mario game does not. So many collectables in every level. It makes interesting use of the touch pad. Plus its a speed runners dream. Oh and it looks stunning. Sad to see Ubisoft beating Nintendo at their own game.dvader654

Ubisoft is simply kicking all sorts of unholy ass right now.

For all the complaints levied at ACIII, the game is still mostly brilliant and certain aspects, such as the combat and naval sequences, are gloriously great.

And Far Cry 3 is easily one of the best FPS ever made. (I'm wondering why the Wii U didn't get in on that multiplatform release?)

I played the Rayman demo and concur it looks great and plays well.

#380 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

[QUOTE="dvader654"]I have been playing NSMBU finally and I am still waiting for it to be amazing. Its a really good game but great games grow on trees right now, I expect more. The challenge mode is a great idea, everything else is just uninspired. Meanwhile the Rayman demo is absolutely fantastic. It has an energy the Mario game does not. So many collectables in every level. It makes interesting use of the touch pad. Plus its a speed runners dream. Oh and it looks stunning. Sad to see Ubisoft beating Nintendo at their own game.Shinobishyguy

what world are you on? I found the first few worlds to be pretty easy but then the difficulty picked up at soda jungle.
Plus the game has plenty of secret exits and stuff that are tricky to find and it seems like every level throws something new at you.

Jut got to soda jungle. But a game shouldn't take half the game to get good.
#381 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22550 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

[QUOTE="dvader654"]I have been playing NSMBU finally and I am still waiting for it to be amazing. Its a really good game but great games grow on trees right now, I expect more. The challenge mode is a great idea, everything else is just uninspired. Meanwhile the Rayman demo is absolutely fantastic. It has an energy the Mario game does not. So many collectables in every level. It makes interesting use of the touch pad. Plus its a speed runners dream. Oh and it looks stunning. Sad to see Ubisoft beating Nintendo at their own game.dvader654

Jut got to soda jungle. But a game shouldn't take half the game to get good.

well the thing is some of the levels in the first two or three worlds are clever if not overly hard.

Mario platformers typically have that type of curve where in leads you in with low stress levels that have a couple of well hidden secrets, and then it kicks it up half way through.

the challenge modes also help

#382 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

Rayman looks bloody gorgeous on the Vita screen. Probably the best looking game I've ever seen. And that's just on a 960*540 resolution. Digital Foundry said it runs at full 1080p on the Wii U. Cant wait to see how it looks.

And yes, Ubisoft has had a great year. Far Cry 3 looks like it might be my GOTY.

#383 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22550 posts) -

Rayman looks bloody gorgeous on the Vita screen. Probably the best looking game I've ever seen. And that's just on a 960*540 resolution. Digital Foundry said it runs at full 1080p on the Wii U. Cant wait to see how it looks.

And yes, Ubisoft has had a great year. Far Cry 3 looks like it might be my GOTY.

S0lidSnake
they used more shaders for the character sprites so it does look a great deal better
#384 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

The casuals have arrived on the Wii U. I noticed many people had their mics on yesterday. Like a few in every game. And of course, all of those were assh*les who were blasting loud music, cussing everytime they got shot or killed you, or 12 year olds complaining about everything to their friend. i died nearly ten times muting people in every game.

God i hate people. Part of me hopes that the PS4 is once again priced at $600 so only adults buy it. I had a great time playing online with early PS3 adopters.

#385 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22550 posts) -

The casuals have arrived on the Wii U. I noticed many people had their mics on yesterday. Like a few in every game. And of course, all of those were assh*les who were blasting loud music, cussing everytime they got shot or killed you, or 12 year olds complaining about everything to their friend. i died nearly ten times muting people in every game.

God i hate people. Part of me hopes that the PS4 is once again priced at $600 so only adults buy it. I had a great time playing online with early PS3 adopters.

S0lidSnake
Atleast miiverse is fairly civil. I Just found out you can actually post in Japanese communities for games that haven't arrived yet.
#386 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

The worst thing about the Wii U? And this is by far the most inexcusable offense by Nintendo... the touch screen. In Black Ops, you can choose killstreaks on the tablet screen. Cool, right? Nope. the touchscreen is unresponsive to ANY touch by my fingers. It's designed to register input only from the styIus. So I have to literally use my nails to activate a killstreak. In a game like CoD, i have no time to pull out the styIus and then discard it.

What a cheap f*cking product Nintendo has put out. They should be ashamed of themselves.

#387 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22550 posts) -

The worst thing about the Wii U? And this is by far the most inexcusable offense by Nintendo... the touch screen. In Black Ops, you can choose killstreaks on the tablet screen. Cool, right? Nope. the touchscreen is unresponsive to ANY touch by my fingers. It's designed to register input only from the styIus. So I have to literally use my nails to activate a killstreak. In a game like CoD, i have no time to pull out the styIus and then discard it.

What a cheap f*cking product Nintendo has put out. They should be ashamed of themselves.

S0lidSnake
My finger's actually been working fine on it when I'm using it to scroll through pages and stuff. have you tried calibrating it?
#388 Posted by Jbul (4835 posts) -

S0lidSnake

Weird. Sorry you're having problems, but.... could this have something to do with you punching the screen awhile back? :P I lost my Stylus and used only my fingers on the screen in games for 2 or so weeks -- no problems at all. Also, might wanna try cleaning the screen.

#389 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

Jbul

Weird. Sorry you're having problems, but.... could this have something to do with you punching the screen awhile back? :P I lost my Stylus and used only my fingers on the screen in games for 2 or so weeks -- no problems at all. Also, might wanna try cleaning the screen.

F*ck i totally forgot about that.

I hate myself.

#390 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

I wanted to come here and admit I was wrong on two things:

1. The touchscreen functionality is just fine. I dont know why I was having trouble with it before. Been playing lots of CoD the last couple of days and am able to select my killstreaks without any issues, and more importantly without using my nails.
  2. The second analog stick placement is fine. It took me some time to get used to it, but now I am perfectly comfortable aiming with it. It sits comfortably on your palms. Trigger placement is perfect, the screen is huge (watched Tangled today and it looked amazing even on the SD screen) and it just feelsfantastic in your hands.

I would even go as far as to say this is the best controller ever. Love it.

#391 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

There was a massive jump in the number of online players in CoD today. The number usually tops out at 1500 but went up to almost 2500 players online today. I am guessing lots of people got a Wii U for Christmas.

Still think the Wii U will do Gamecube level sales, but it's nice to have some lots of people playing online. There are ZERO people playing in almost all of the CoD playlists. If you want to play anythign other than TDM, DM, Kill Confirmed or Domination, you'd be the only one in the playlist.

#392 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22550 posts) -

I wanted to come here and admit I was wrong on two things:

1. The touchscreen functionality is just fine. I dont know why I was having trouble with it before. Been playing lots of CoD the last couple of days and am able to select my killstreaks without any issues, and more importantly without using my nails.
  2. The second analog stick placement is fine. It took me some time to get used to it, but now I am perfectly comfortable aiming with it. It sits comfortably on your palms. Trigger placement is perfect, the screen is huge (watched Tangled today and it looked amazing even on the SD screen) and it just feelsfantastic in your hands.

I would even go as far as to say this is the best controller ever. Love it.

S0lidSnake

as far as comfort goes I agree. It's kind of weird going back to the dualshock after long gaming sessions on the pad

#393 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
Still trying to get through Mario. Seriously NSMB needs to be put to rest, this series is DONE. Challenge mode is cool. And one in every 5 levels is neat but other than tha,t been there done that.
#394 Posted by Pedro (21358 posts) -
Still trying to get through Mario. Seriously NSMB needs to be put to rest, this series is DONE. Challenge mode is cool. And one in every 5 levels is neat but other than tha,t been there done that.dvader654
No we need more Mario. i simply cannot get enough.
#395 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

[QUOTE="dvader654"]Still trying to get through Mario. Seriously NSMB needs to be put to rest, this series is DONE. Challenge mode is cool. And one in every 5 levels is neat but other than tha,t been there done that.Pedro

:lol:

Well 3D Mario I absolutely want more. Its NSMB that is boring.

#396 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22550 posts) -

Still trying to get through Mario. Seriously NSMB needs to be put to rest, this series is DONE. Challenge mode is cool. And one in every 5 levels is neat but other than tha,t been there done that.dvader654
As much as I do like NSMBU I gotta agree that they need to give it a rest. Two in one year is ridiculous.

#397 Posted by Pedro (21358 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pedro"][QUOTE="dvader654"]Still trying to get through Mario. Seriously NSMB needs to be put to rest, this series is DONE. Challenge mode is cool. And one in every 5 levels is neat but other than tha,t been there done that.dvader654

:lol:

Well 3D Mario I absolutely want more. Its NSMB that is boring.

Sorry i couldn't help myself. :) But i hope the next 3d iteration is a few years from now. I would have to return the Wii U over the next few days.