Official Wii U launch thread! Out Now! Reviews in! 1G update...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

wii-u-gamepad.jpg?w=600&h=400&crop=1

We are a little under a month from the Wii U launch so its time to get this thread going. If you want to know the launch lineup here it is:

Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Skylanders Giants
Transformers Prime
Wipeout 3
Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
FIFA Soccer 13
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
New Super Mario Bros. U
Ninja Gaiden: Razors Edge
Nintendo Land
Sing Party
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Warrios Orochi 3 Hyper
Darksiders II
Assassins Creed III
ESPN Sports Connection
Just Dance 4
Rabbids Land
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013
ZombiU
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Game Party Champions
Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition

Wii-u-games-list-launch.jpg

There will be a bunch of downloadable games as well.

Demo kiosks are appearing all over the place now so put impressions in here. Share which games you will be getting and of course on launch day we will have loads of first reactions.

Let me prempt the usual parade of pessimistic Nintendo posts. Yes we know motion controls are a gimmick and will ruin gaming forever. The graphics will be a generation behind. Nintendo continues to spit in the faces of REAL gamers. They make the same games over and over (yet I am super excited to play AC 15 and Halo 22!.) I have not played a Nintendo game in 15 years yet I feel strong enough about them to post about how much I hate what they are doing, GRRRRRR!!!! :P

#2 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

My local GS finally got the demo unit up so I got to try it out. The demo stand has a beautiful large HDTV which feels so weird for a Nintendo demo station. The only game available at the time was Rayman Legends but it had options for practically the entire launch lineup, those demos will be added as the launch comes closer. The real Wii U menu was not available, only a screen to choose your demo. It is a simple white background with game covers which you scroll through. This lead to the first moment to use the touch screen.

The Wii U pad feels very light and comfortable in my hands. The sticks and especially the d-pad feels great. The face buttons feel like buttons and yeah it is a bit weird to have the second stick above the buttons but it's something you will get used to in no time. The triggers are comfortable to hold, its the two shoulder buttons that kind of feel tough to reach, not cause they are in a bad position just cause of the way you are holding the pad when using both sticks. If I am playing with both sticks while holding all four top buttons my hands are focused on the very top of the pad, it still easy to hold but it feels weird. The screen looks nice, not ipad nice but I wasn't expecting it to be. The touch screen is very responsive, I found scrolling to work very well, again its no ipad but still very responsive.

Rayman Legends looks stunning by the way, the way it looked on the HDTV was eye popping and very colorful. Contrast that to the way it looked on the pad screen which had much duller colors and because it was on such a smaller screen the level of detail was lessened. Normally you wouldn't compare a giant HD to a smaller screen but when the two are occuring simultaneously it becomes very easy to compare the two. I don't think anyone is expecting the pad screen look as good as a giant HDTV, it does its job, when looking only at the pad it feels like a portable Wii U.

The Rayman demo allowed for two levels, one was one of those musical run through levels which I finished on my first try, it was no different from the ones in the first game. I used the d-pad which again is amazing, to run you hold the R trigger which again feels very comfortable. The other level was a normal platformer up until a point where you begin to control that green bug thing with the touch screen. This part of the level requires you to play as the bug while the computer plays as Rayman. Your job is to look down at the touch screen and raise platforms, cut ropes, and tickle enemies to make sure Rayman gets through the level. The screen is responsive, you just tap or swipe at what needs to be cut. While doing this I held the pad with my left while using my right to touch the screen, putting all the weight of the pad on my left, I assume when sitting you can use your lap to balance out the weight. At one point of the level I reach a platform you can rotate which allows you to tilt the pad to tilt the platform, works well but the game got frozen in a way, the AI rayman would not move anymore so I had to start over. I was able to redo that section and it worked fine the second time but the demo time ended soon after. Personally I am not to fond of Rayman levels being filled with moments where I am just tapping on a screen, hopefully this does not happen often.

I will try back later to hopefully play more games. My first impression is definetly positive but it does not leave that wow first impression the Wii did way back when, that felt like something unlike anything I have ever experienced. This feels like a game where you look and play on an ipad on certain moments.

#3 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

Any good launch games beside Zombie U?

Im not a fan of zombie games.

#4 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

S0lidSnake
Mario of course. Other than that its basically if you choose to wait and play some major third party releases on the Wii U.
#5 Posted by c_rakestraw (14605 posts) -

I need to get over to GameStop. Wouldn't mind having some more hands-on time.

If I get a hold of one (trying to find work to make it happen), I'll probably be getting New Super Mario Bros U (haven't been impressed by what I've seen, but if nothing else, it should be fun to play it cooperatively), Scribblenauts Unlimited, Nintendo Land (only for the multiplayer games; that Luigi's Mansion themed one was fantastic), and maybe Darksiders 2. Hoping the e-Shop will have some good offerings at launch, too.

I'll just repost my initial impressions from a few months ago for the time being:

Well, for starters, the controller was quite light. A bit bulky due to its size (more so for its width than anything else), but not very heavy at all.

Weird placements for the triggers. Seems like the lower ones end up being the primary due to being at the top of the grips on the bottom of the tablet. Feels odd swapping to the upper triggers, though, since there's a good bit of distance between those and the lower ones. I didn't get to play anything that made extensive use of the shoulder buttons at all, but the design there didn't seem very ergonomic.

The screen is an odd one. It worked well in the games I played (Rayman Legends especially; very balanced), but the screen felt... off. Certain actions worked well while others were a bit of a straggle. For instance: in Rayman, I could tap thing to no end without a single error, but I couldn't reliably drag my finger across the screen. It's was inconsistent. I don't know if that's just because the tech is still new and everyone's still getting things to work properly or if it really just is flawed, but it did worry me.

Keeping it calibrated was a problem as well. One of the Nintendo Land games -- that Ninja one -- required the controller to be held sideways, but doing so also seemed to really hurt the calibration. Lost it really easily. Adjusting it mid-game didn't seem feasible, either. That minigame was already kind of weak, though, so maybe it's middling nature just exacerbated the problems. I don't know. Seemed all right in the games where the screen was used to aim, so...

Didn't see many games that justified the screen. Nintendo Land and it's multiplayer games used it well, of course, but everything else seemed to be non-essential. Menus and maps seemed to be the most common use. Practicality is cool, but I can't see it being novel for long. Rayman and Mario seem to be using the co-op side of things well, though.

The former I didn't get to mess around with, but from what I saw, it looks like you can place blocks down anywhere on the screen. Seems like Nintendo embracing the competitive side of things, since you could, as I understood it, completely screw someone over by placing a block down in front of them mid-jump. Could be fun. Rayman's pretty much basic co-op in that Mario Galaxy sort of way, only the tablet player actually gets to do stuff in order to keep them involved. It's simple, but sound design.

The Rayman demo allowed for two levels, one was one of those musical run through levels which I finished on my first try, it was no different from the ones in the first game. I used the d-pad which again is amazing, to run you hold the R trigger which again feels very comfortable. The other level was a normal platformer up until a point where you begin to control that green bug thing with the touch screen. This part of the level requires you to play as the bug while the computer plays as Rayman. Your job is to look down at the touch screen and raise platforms, cut ropes, and tickle enemies to make sure Rayman gets through the level. The screen is responsive, you just tap or swipe at what needs to be cut. While doing this I held the pad with my left while using my right to touch the screen, putting all the weight of the pad on my left, I assume when sitting you can use your lap to balance out the weight. At one point of the level I reach a platform you can rotate which allows you to tilt the pad to tilt the platform, works well but the game got frozen in a way, the AI rayman would not move anymore so I had to start over. I was able to redo that section and it worked fine the second time but the demo time ended soon after. Personally I am not to fond of Rayman levels being filled with moments where I am just tapping on a screen, hopefully this does not happen often.dvader654

Hm. Can't say I'm a fan of how their handling single-player (sounds clumsy), but I'll probably go through it all cooperatively anyway. Game felt like Origins with a new coat of paint (which is all I ever really wanted) that way. Shame it won't be available at launch. I think it's smart of Ubisoft to hold it back so as not to be overshadowed by Mario, but still -- I want my Rayman!

#6 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -
^ What I am thinking is that section of rayman is done for the demo and you will only do the bug segment in coop. At least I hope so...
#7 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

dvader654

Mario of course.

You missed the key part of my post....

#8 Posted by c_rakestraw (14605 posts) -

^ What I am thinking is that section of rayman is done for the demo and you will only do the bug segment in coop. At least I hope so...dvader654

I don't know.... those levels seem pretty dependant on the bug guy. Hoping they'll lend the option to maintain manual control over Rayman and use the two in tandem or at least toggle when Rayman is controlled by the AI.

#9 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -
I was just thinking about the pad and more complex games where I will need to be using all buttons on the controller, like say something like AC3. It would be weird to be using all the triggers, sticks and buttons. If I had to choose I would rather play on a normal controller.
#10 Posted by Metamania (11971 posts) -

When I stepped inside my local Gamestop today, I didn't see a Wii U kiosk running, but I'll make sure to check again soon. Hopefully, on Tuesday, when I pick up Assassin's Creed 3, they'll have something up and running!

#11 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

[QUOTE="dvader654"][QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

S0lidSnake

Mario of course.

Ha ha HA... No. :P
#12 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

Was at my Gamestop today and they finally had a Wii U set up. They didn't have any playable demos (the TV just had ads on it for launch titles), but I got to feel the controller in my hands for the first time. I was actually surprised it was pretty comfortable and not as heavy as I thought it would be. I have a hard time seeing myself having to take my eyes off the TV to look down at the the controller screen though. I wonder how much it costs Nintendo to make the Wii U, since they're reportedly selling it at a loss.

#13 Posted by yellosnolvr (19302 posts) -

[QUOTE="dvader654"][QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

S0lidSnake

Mario of course.

guy named solidsnake, who seems to be a very avid ps3 player. seems like a well balanced, level-minded guy
#14 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18280 posts) -
[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

[QUOTE="dvader654"] Mario of course. yellosnolvr

guy named solidsnake, who seems to be a very avid ps3 player. seems like a well balanced, level-minded guy

He's not blowing $500+ on a Wii U+games. I call that balanced and level-minded
#15 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

[QUOTE="yellosnolvr"][QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

Black_Knight_00

I actually preordered two. :( Im as bad and unbalanced as dvader.

Cant decide whether I want to sell them or keep them though.

#16 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

[QUOTE="dvader654"] Mario of course. yellosnolvr

Zinger?

a0e8950e795b.gif

#17 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18280 posts) -

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="yellosnolvr"] guy named solidsnake, who seems to be a very avid ps3 player. seems like a well balanced, level-minded guyS0lidSnake

Why the f*ck did you do that, you unbalanced, crazy-minded person? You talk crap about the thing left and right and then you buy TWO? I think your wife should keep the credit cards locked up :lol:

#18 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -
Solid sell them and roll around in the money you make while nude.
#19 Posted by c_rakestraw (14605 posts) -

Why the f*ck did you do that, you unbalanced, crazy-minded person? Black_Knight_00

You just answered your own question.

#20 Posted by yellosnolvr (19302 posts) -
people take things too seriously :(
#21 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"] He's not blowing $500+ on a Wii U+games. I call that balanced and level-mindedBlack_Knight_00

Why the f*ck did you do that, you unbalanced, crazy-minded person? You talk crap about the thing left and right and then you buy TWO? I think your wife should keep the credit cards locked up :lol:

The Wii U U.S launch reveal thread last month got me all hyped (I blame dvader) so I went to Gamestop during lunch and preordered one straight away to make sure I got one on launch day. Then Bestbuy preorders went up online and I figured I'd keep one and sell the other so bought that as well. That was probably not a bright idea because Bestbuy likes to charge and then credit the entire $380 every freaking week to make sure you have enough funds in your credit card. Now I have my credit card company calling me asking me wtf is going on.

I am still kinda hyped for it tbh. If you go back and read through that thread, you will see that I defended the Wii U. No matter how useless the tablet is, it's still the first new console and you have to give props to Nintendo for not waiting another year like Sony (or two years like MS) and releasing a console when it's due. Sony and MS care about making profits from their outdated $300 consoles 6-7 years after they launched instead of pushing the industry forward. They are starving the hardcore gamers and have screwed over the developers by wasting atleast one year. At least, Nintendo had the balls to release a new console when it was time.

My biggest problem right now is that there is no killer app in the launch line up. Nothing that stands out for someone who is not into kiddy Nintendo games. First time in the last three generations I've seen a line up without a stand out.

#22 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18280 posts) -

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

S0lidSnake

The Wii U U.S launch reveal thread last month got me all hyped (I blame dvader) so I went to Gamestop during lunch and preordered one straight away to make sure I got one on launch day. Then Bestbuy preorders went up online and I figured I'd keep one and sell the other so bought that as well. That was probably not a bright idea because Bestbuy likes to charge and then credit the entire $380 every freaking week to make sure you have enough funds in your credit card. Now I have my credit card company calling me asking me wtf is going on.

I am still kinda hyped for it tbh. If you go back and read through that thread, you will see that I defended the Wii U. No matter how useless the tablet is, it's still the first new console and you have to give props to Nintendo for not waiting another year like Sony (or two years like MS) and releasing a console when it's due. Sony and MS care about making profits from their outdated $300 consoles 6-7 years after they launched instead of pushing the industry forward. They are starving the hardcore gamers and have screwed over the developers by wasting atleast one year. At least, Nintendo had the balls to release a new console when it was time.

My biggest problem right now is that there is no killer app in the launch line up. Nothing that stands out for someone who is not into kiddy Nintendo games. First time in the last three generations I've seen a line up without a stand out.

Haven't you yet learned not to listen to dvader around launch times? Didn't you see his Resident Evil 6 hype/denial thread? ("It's gonna be awesome!" ... "It's decent, I swear!") :P

#23 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -
^ and I was right about that as usual. :p
#24 Posted by Metamania (11971 posts) -
#25 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18280 posts) -
^ and I was right about that as usual. :pdvader654
Stand by your assertions, even when the whole world screams otherwise :P
#26 Posted by Grammaton-Cleric (7513 posts) -

Wii U to be sold at loss

Any thoughts?

Metamania

What's interesting about this revelation is that it suggests the possibility that the Wii U Tablet is actually far more expensive to manufacture than that Japanese price tag indicates. Since the actual hardware specs of the console are only marginally better than what is present in the HD systems, we can logically deduce that most of the cost of this system as a whole stems directly from the controller, which by all accounts is a fairly high-end bit of tech despite the lowball power output of the Wii Us architecture.

If the loss per unit sold is significant (75-100 dollars or more) then the Wii U represents a substantial risk for Nintendo and places them in a far more precarious situation then they are accustomed since they generally do not sell hardware at a loss.

Personally, I think there is a strong possibility we will see a repeat of what happened with the 3DS after the hype slowed.

The console will initially sell strong over the holidays and Nintendo, if necessary, will manufacture shortages to generate consumer interest and keep the console alive in the mainstream press.

Shortly thereafter, I suspect the Wii U will begin to see sales plateau or even dip as consumer interest wanes, especially if MS and Sony announce new consoles at E3 and these systems demonstrate a significant leap over current generation capabilities. This may force Nintendo to slash the cost of the system to stimulate renewed sales and such a tactic will either work or the system will continue losing momentum.

I also think calling the system Wii U was a mistake, just as calling the 3DS confused consumers. Many people originally believed the 3DS was simply a DS with an added 3D display and did not understand it was an entirely new (and far more powerful) handheld. In similar fashion, the Wii U may very well come off as merely an upgraded version of the Wii with tablet functionality.

Nintendo is placing a great deal of faith (and money) in the tablet; perhaps more than would be considered wise.

#27 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -
[QUOTE="dvader654"]^ and I was right about that as usual. :pBlack_Knight_00

Most people that played RE6 enjoyed it a lot. The reviews were way off and if you read many impressions you will see that.
#28 Posted by c_rakestraw (14605 posts) -

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="dvader654"]^ and I was right about that as usual. :pdvader654

Most people that played RE6 enjoyed it a lot. The reviews were way off and if you read many impressions you will see that.

I've seen just as many negative impressions as I have positive, so... I'd say the game is just very divisive by nature.

#29 Posted by SouL-Tak3R (4024 posts) -

So far all I am interested in is ZombieU. If there happens to be a Mario Party game soon after, Mario Kart, or Super Smash I will reconsider. Still, I never buy consoles right away.

I'd still prefer ZombieU also be a pc game.

#30 Posted by GodModeEnabled (15314 posts) -
Zombieu (sp?) looks really great I have to admit. Why does Nintendo get a true survival horror game and Bayonetta 2? They will sell sh1t anyways that's the said part. Good luck being third party anything on a Nintendo system.
#31 Posted by Archangel3371 (15361 posts) -
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="dvader654"]^ and I was right about that as usual. :pdvader654

Agreed it was an excellent game. Anyway I am looking forward to getting a Wii U myself, not at launch but sometime soon after. New Super Mario Bros. U and Wonderful 101 are two games I'd definitely like to get with it.
#32 Posted by D3s7rUc71oN (5180 posts) -

Don't know if Nintendo will release Fatal Frame any time soon and also WiiU selling at a loss is surprising; this reinforces the fact that its very likely the controller its much more expensive than we've ever thought; not selling it as a peripheral in the US and a $170 pricetag in Japan ( I'm pretty sure it will be hard to find there as it will most likely be sold in limited quantities) suggests that this tablet controller costs $200 or even more each.Its very risky on Nintendo's part and its very likely there will be a severe shortage of consoles as the tech in the box is probably cheaper than the tablet controller.

As for the launch lineup , its pretty good for Wii ONLY owners and respectable for Xbox 360, PS3 owners.

#33 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18280 posts) -

[QUOTE="dvader654"][QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"] Stand by your assertions, even when the whole world screams otherwise :Pc_rake

I've seen just as many negative impressions as I have positive, so... I'd say the game is just very divisive by nature.

I haven't played the game yet, but the comments I've heard (from RE die hard fans no less) in my inner circle were less than flattering. Sums up pretty much like this: "They should have done only the Leon campaign and scrapped the rest"
#34 Posted by Metamania (11971 posts) -

[QUOTE="c_rake"]

[QUOTE="dvader654"] Most people that played RE6 enjoyed it a lot. The reviews were way off and if you read many impressions you will see that.Black_Knight_00

I haven't played the game yet, but the comments I've heard (from RE die hard fans no less) in my inner circle were less than flattering. Sums up pretty much like this: "They should have done only the Leon campaign and scrapped the rest"

My best friend from college, who is a HUGE RE fan, pretty much feels the same way about it. He's also more old-school than anything; prefers the older games and even likes 4, but doesn't like 5 as much and now 6.

#35 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22424 posts) -

Just got to play Rayman Legends for a bit on a kiosk my local gamestop just set up.

That game is hilariously fun.

#36 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
I played it last weekend at the Toronto event. General quick thoughts: + Controller is super light + Screen's quality was much better than expected + Trigger placement felt super comfortable - NSMBU isn't running at 1080p, feels like it easily could've - One of the units, the touch screen was off ... I don't know if it was that controller itself or how the controller was designed
#37 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -
[QUOTE="c_rake"]

[QUOTE="dvader654"] Most people that played RE6 enjoyed it a lot. The reviews were way off and if you read many impressions you will see that.Black_Knight_00

I think Leon's was the weakest actually. The game is very weird.
#38 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18280 posts) -
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="c_rake"]

dvader654

I think Leon's was the weakest actually. The game is very weird.

Oh yes
#39 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

IGN stats ZombiU is the Wii U's must have.

Video preview here.

I think this will surprise a bunch of people.

#40 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

IGN stats ZombiU is the Wii U's must have.

Video preview here.

I think this will surprise a bunch of people.

#41 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

I am tempted to get one at launch, but I think I will wait until I see Zelda, Mario, or a new title that blows my mind. if one of those is shown off and i am pleased with it, I will be on board. With that said, Rayman, ZombiU, NSMBU all look great, and other possobilites are Pikmin 3, Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, and maybe NintendoLand.

#42 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -
#43 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18280 posts) -
#44 Posted by lloveLamp (2890 posts) -
ill wait for zelda. hopefully i can play with the pro controller
#45 Posted by BuryMe (22017 posts) -

I'm deffinately going to have to wait and see if the library justifies its self to me.

The Wii, I feel had a promising start that was never fully realised. I don't want the same to hapen to the WiiU.

#46 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -
#47 Posted by Metamania (11971 posts) -

I realize that the only way I'm getting a Wii U is if this was a birthday gift or something. The only two games that I'm interested in playing are NEW SMB 2 and Batman AC: Armored Edition, but beyond that, it really doesn't justify shelling out the full price at the moment. Plus, it's going to be awhile before I could just walk into a store and pick up one just like that.

#48 Posted by Grammaton-Cleric (7513 posts) -

I realize that the only way I'm getting a Wii U is if this was a birthday gift or something. The only two games that I'm interested in playing are NEW SMB 2 and Batman AC: Armored Edition, but beyond that, it really doesn't justify shelling out the full price at the moment. Plus, it's going to be awhile before I could just walk into a store and pick up one just like that.

Metamania

I actually think once the launch window comes and goes the demand for this console will be far less pronounced than people anticipate.

The Wii had a massive casual appeal this system simply doesn't enjoy and while I have no doubt Nintendo will manufacture shortages to make it seem like they can't make the Wii U fast enough I just don't see it being that hard to come by once the hype settles.

The only way I'd even consider getting one is if Gamestop offered some obscene trade-in offer for the Wii that significantly offset the price of the new hardware.

Even then, I might pass because I'm currently indifferent to the console and its offerings.

#49 Posted by Metamania (11971 posts) -

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

Grammaton-Cleric

I actually think once the launch window comes and goes the demand for this console will be far less pronounced than people anticipate.

The Wii had a massive casual appeal this system simply doesn't enjoy and while I have no doubt Nintendo will manufacture shortages to make it seem like they can't make the Wii U fast enough I just don't see it being that hard to come by once the hype settles.

The only way I'd even consider getting one is if Gamestop offered some obscene trade-in offer for the Wii that significantly offset the price of the new hardware.

Even then, I might pass because I'm currently indifferent to the console and its offerings.

See, I take a look at the Wii U and I think it's a great system with a lot of potential to be found in it. Same thing with the Wii; I do not regret buying the Wii and the games I got for it on launch day. I don't have it now anymore, because I needed to trade it in to get other games on the 360, but it's still a great system and has a lot of great games for it. It's just like any other system.

My problem, at least for right now, is that it doesn't really offer a lot of games that make me go "Wow! I want it right now! F*** everything else on the market, this is what I want!" There isn't enough games to justify the money out of my wallet and I think that's another reason why I decided to let go of the Wii and that's because I lost interest in the system overtime.

And it's the same case here. What if I lose interest in the Wii U as well?

I don't want that to happen. So what I want to do is at least wait awhile until more than two games to pique my interest. Besides, games like Assassin's Creed III and Borderlands 2 are keeping me way too busy as it is!

#50 Posted by Shame-usBlackley (18266 posts) -

Grammaton-Cleric

I'm in the same boat. I just fundamentally differ with Nintendo regarding the direction in which gaming should go, and what Nintendo's role should be as a steward of it. I'm not kidding when I say that they did unimaginable damage to this industry with the Wii. I know that is an extreme position, but it's how I feel.

Most importantly, there's nothing on the Wii U that I really want to play that I can't get somewhere else besides the new Mario game, and the days of me buying Nintendo consoles for one title are over.