Official Wii U launch thread! Out Now! Reviews in! 1G update...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by o0squishy0o (2772 posts) -
The update is 1G not 5G still bad.dvader654
Haha reminds me of a few christmas back when I bought my second PS3 and during the first few hours of having it I was having to install updates for the console and it took AGES. Hopefully the next gen console connections are alot quicker for downloads because its always painfully slow... unless they have fixed it on their end by now? I am hugely supprised that there is little buzz about this launch. I think its because its going against the main to competitors and since everyone has lost their interest in the wii (I am talking from the casual gamer side btw), its going to be a bit of a 3DS situation where nintendo are going to have to do further work to be like "LOOK WE HAVE A NEW CONSOLE, OVER HERE!!!"
#152 Posted by Allicrombie (25516 posts) -

unreal.

i am expecting nintendo to complletely fail this gen. they r obviously not ready to release a console with current gen features.

S0lidSnake
If you call selling out online across the u.s and canada failure then I hope I can fail someday.
#153 Posted by Grammaton-Cleric (7513 posts) -

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

unreal.

i am expecting nintendo to complletely fail this gen. they r obviously not ready to release a console with current gen features.

Allicrombie

If you call selling out online across the u.s and canada failure then I hope I can fail someday.

Selling out of the initial shipment of a new console five days before Black Friday really isn't all that difficult or impressive.

However, what is of note is how the launch of the first new console in six years is generating about as much enthusiasm as your typical shoulder shrug.

That is precisely what happens when most of your launch lineup consists of software that has been available for months on the other consoles.

#154 Posted by JoGoSo (441 posts) -

Although it's goofy to think that WiiU's launch is a dud. During my search for one last night it became clear that the basic one is indeed a dud for a launch. Each store had 2 or 3 left. I imagine they're gone now or later this morning but I as well as others simply walked away once the last deluxe was sold.

Not that big of a deal as I think the inventory will be better than Wii and I hate paying 60 bucks for a game. Back to my back catalogue.

#155 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

unreal.

Allicrombie

I was refering to the fact that they were rolling out the console with a 1GB patch on day 1. It's completely ridiculous for a console to require a 1GB patch to work. Hell, even Windows vista didnt have a 1GB install.

I've seen Sony struggle with system updates, online features, online store, ridiculous mendatory install for games (GT5 and MGS4 anyone?), it's obvious that Japanese software companies arent on par with western devs. Now here comes Nintendo, a full 7 years late to the party and STILL cant get it right on launch day. Their big touted feature, Nintendo TVii, wont make launch day. They still dont have a system wide achievements system. Their Wiiware transfer system is in shambles. This is PS3 all over again, only worse. THe only difference here is that SCEA and SCEE devs took Sony out of the gutter, and they did it fast. I dont see any Nintendo America devs that will be able to do the same for Nintendo Japan.

And lastly, I hope we are past the point where we equate success with just sales. If that were the case, kinect and Wii would be a great success for video games. Nope, they werent. They were only a success for MS and Nintendo. To gamers and 99% of the devs, Kinect is nothing but a complete utter failure.

P.S Considering the fact that neither the Gamestops or the Bestbuys in my area are doing a midnight launch, I doubt it sold out its preorders. Unless of course Nintenod only shipped a 100K units.

#156 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

I haz the Wii U!!!!!

No one at the store buying it except for me and this other older lady. They only had 5 instore pickups/preorders. No wonder they didnt do an online launch. LOTS and lots of 8GB units on the display. I am not going to get anything for my other 32GB unit. F*ck!

I dont care much for the black tablet. It looks very cheap compared to my Vita. I personally liked the White one better. They did have AC3 and BLOPS 2 on the shelves so thats something. I might pick up a few games over the thanksgiving sale for cheap.

#157 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

Downloading update. At this rate, this is going to take at least a few hours. I knew I couldnt trust Nintendo to buy more servers to handle the launch day rush. They should've paired up with Steam. I download 1GB games in 10 minutes on Steam.

Other than that, I will be the first to admit that I was wrong about the tablet being cheap. Yes, it's single touch, yes it's SD resolution, yes it's using a stylus from the 80s but I love the interface. All i've done so far is do the initial setup... setting up tv resolution, internet, pairing the controller etc. but the interface makes it such a lovely experience. The music, the instant feedback on the controller, the interface, it's all very Nintendo-ish. The coolest thing was how easy it was sync up the TV remote. I just selected my TV manufacturer and that was it.

#158 Posted by F1Lengend (7883 posts) -

Maybe I'm wrong but if Nintendo went with the power route like the other next gen consoles, they could have been the PS2 of this gen. Their launch price would be pretty much the same since the controller isn't eating manufactuering costs and that could be redistributed to beefy cpus/gpus,

They would have a full year ahead of other consoles, like the PS2 was, albeit at slighly worse specs. The biggest problem with this I suppose is that third party engines are not ready yet and wont be until next year.

#160 Posted by c_rakestraw (14775 posts) -

[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]Bigboi500

This isn't System Wars. Don't treat it as such.

#161 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

I take back what I said about the interface. It's slow, clunky and kind of a mess. The setup interface was great, but once the Wii U Menu starts, it takes 10-30 seconds to launch any app. Quiting out of a game can take up to 30 seconds. Opening up youtube takes upto 15 seconds. Nintendo estore, friends list, samething. It's ridiculous that a new machine in 2012 is taking that long to open simple apps.

I've only tried Nintendo Lands so far, and there is a huge difference in the SD tablet screen picture quality and the tv picture quality. What's weird is that the Zelda game asks you to look down on the tablet screen to aim. Why in the world cant that be displayed on the main tv screen? Why am I playing a console game and looking down at the controller the whole time?

Anyway, the eStore has all the games up for download but absolutely no demos. I wanted to try Blops, AC3 and Darksiders to see if they ran well on the system but cant try it. It's funny that Nintendo has screwed themselves out of free marketing because Sony had almost all the game demos up at Vita'slaunch and i ended up buying at least four of the demos I played. It restored my faith in the Vita, and turned me into a believer. Nintendo on the other hand doesnt believe in selling us their games. Totally ridiculous.

Will play some more but right now i am going through a serious case of buyer's remorse. I decided against picking up my other Wii U unit because I just dont think I will be able to sell it off for any profit. Ebay listings are now going for $400-$500 which means no one is making any profit after ebay and paypal takes their cut.

#162 Posted by c_rakestraw (14775 posts) -

I've only tried Nintendo Lands so far, and there is a huge difference in the SD tablet screen picture quality and the tv picture quality. What's weird is that the Zelda game asks you to look down on the tablet screen to aim. Why in the world cant that be displayed on the main tv screen? Why am I playing a console game and looking down at the controller the whole time?S0lidSnake

The TV is supposed to display the other four players. Looking at the gamepad the whole time would make more sense if you tried that minigame in multiplayer.

#163 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

I take back what I said about the interface. It's slow, clunky and kind of a mess. The setup interface was great, but once the Wii U Menu starts, it takes 10-30 seconds to launch any app. Quiting out of a game can take up to 30 seconds. Opening up youtube takes upto 15 seconds. Nintendo estore, friends list, samething. It's ridiculous that a new machine in 2012 is taking that long to open simple apps.

I've only tried Nintendo Lands so far, and there is a huge difference in the SD tablet screen picture quality and the tv picture quality. What's weird is that the Zelda game asks you to look down on the tablet screen to aim. Why in the world cant that be displayed on the main tv screen? Why am I playing a console game and looking down at the controller the whole time?

Anyway, the eStore has all the games up for download but absolutely no demos. I wanted to try Blops, AC3 and Darksiders to see if they ran well on the system but cant try it. It's funny that Nintendo has screwed themselves out of free marketing because Sony had almost all the game demos up at Vita'slaunch and i ended up buying at least four of the demos I played. It restored my faith in the Vita, and turned me into a believer. Nintendo on the other hand doesnt believe in selling us their games. Totally ridiculous.

Will play some more but right now i am going through a serious case of buyer's remorse. I decided against picking up my other Wii U unit because I just dont think I will be able to sell it off for any profit. Ebay listings are now going for $400-$500 which means no one is making any profit after ebay and paypal takes their cut.

S0lidSnake

I don't have a Wii U myself and never will, but I distinctly recall reading there was supposed to be a Rayman Legends demo at launch.

#164 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

I don't have a Wii U myself and never will, but I distinctly recall reading there was supposed to be a Rayman Legends demo at launch.

CarnageHeart

I did a search and didnt find any demos on the estore.

This sucks because I really want to play conventional games on the system. I just cant justify dropping $60 on games like AC3, BLOPs and Darksiders when I have a badass PC that can play all these games at a higher res/smoother framerate and half the price. There arent even any reviews for these games yet.

#165 Posted by c_rakestraw (14775 posts) -

So this happened.

#166 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

So this happened.

c_rake

I'm not sure I understand this. Does this mean Nintendo's network has already been hacked? If so, wow that was quick.

#167 Posted by c_rakestraw (14775 posts) -

Hearing some talk of Nintendo Network accounts being hardware locked. Really hoping that isn't the case.

I'm not sure I understand this. Does this mean Nintendo's network has already been hacked? If so, wow that was quick.Vari3ty

No idea. The guy said he couldn't regain access later on the in thread. Guessing that means either (a) Nintendo caught wind of that and fixed it alarmingly fast, or (b) it was all an extremely well-made hoax. Only time will tell, I suppose...

#168 Posted by Shame-usBlackley (18266 posts) -

S0lidSnake

It's hard to feel too sorry for you, to be honest. I mean, if you don't know what you're getting into when buying a Nintendo console by now, that's your own fault, man.

Why would you buy one if there are no games that made the purchase worthwhile? I kind of understand -- after all, I bought a fvcking 3DO back in the day, but Jesus Christ, this is NINTENDO we're talking about here, none of this should surprise anyone.

Not trolling you, just trying to figure out why you'd buy one to begin with, especially when there's been zero hype for this thing and the chances of you selling it for fat sacks of cash on Ebay were about as likely as getting a threeway with Jenna Jameson and Stoya.

#169 Posted by c_rakestraw (14775 posts) -

So accounts are locked to the system they were created on -- by design. What the hell, Nintendo? How do you scew this up? What's the point of having accounts then?

Can I Log Into My Nintendo Network Account on a Different Console?

Answer:

No, you cannot. A Nintendo Network Account can only be used on the console where it was created. In the future, you will be able to use your Nintendo Network Account with future Nintendo consoles and other devices, such as PC's.

Nintendo

#170 Posted by F1Lengend (7883 posts) -
Where the hell is Dvader?
#171 Posted by Metamania (12025 posts) -

Where the hell is Dvader?F1Lengend

He's either very addicted to the Wii U or he's getting frustrated with the Wii U. :P

#172 Posted by Travo_basic (38751 posts) -

[QUOTE="F1Lengend"]Where the hell is Dvader?Metamania

He's either very addicted to the Wii U or he's getting frustrated with the Wii U. :P

He's stuck either in a hotel or on a plane far away from his Wii U.
#173 Posted by Metamania (12025 posts) -

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="F1Lengend"]Where the hell is Dvader?Travo_basic

He's stuck either in a hotel or on a plane far away from his Wii U.

Oh? Guess he has travel plans or something. :P

#174 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

First impressions time, not good. This is the most ass backward system I have ever encountered, I wish I can say I love it, but most of it I was scratching my head at the horrible design choices. I ignored the update at first and decided to just jump into a game and discovered the best thing about the system, IT BACKGROUND DOWNLOADS THE UPDATE. It does this for all games do, I background downloaded the NintendoLand patch while playing it. That is by far the best feature the Wii U has.

So this is what I am talking about, you have this amazing giant TV right well instead of using that you have to look at the pad to navigate menus. Oh but there is a button to switch the menu to the TV, ok good oh but wait YOU CANT USE THE GAMEPAD TO CONTROL THE TV. You have to switch to a wiimote in order to navigate menus on the TV. So now I need to pull out the wiimote, which is still synced to my wii so turning it on turns on my wii, yay. So screw all that I will navigate everything using the pad, so now I feel I am using giant portable.

When I did get the update done I didnt really explore the menu but it was messy. There were miis everywhere and a bunch of logos floating in a circle, I couldnt tell what they did from looking at them making them the opposite of simple. I tried entering miiverse but it wasn't working.

Oh navigating menus in this thing is horrible. Everything takes FOREVER to load, I hate the stupid gingle that plays as you stare at a white screen waiting to get anywhere in this menu.

I have only played NintendoLand with a friend, some games are fun, most are a waste. The Zelda one is basically that sword game from resort but the person on the gamepad gets a useless bow and arrow instead of awesome 1:1 sword combat. You use the gyro on the pad to aim which works well but the wiimote does it better. So I spend my time watching this tiny screen while my friend was swinging a sword on a giant HDTV, gamepad fail. Mario chase was the most fun we had, simple concept, perfect in execution. It gives a true reason to have a gamepad as I see things he can't. Pikmin was boring as hell. Metroid is cool but too simple. There is a stupid design choice with it where on the wiimote you have to hold A to be able to move the camera with the wiimote, meaning you always have to be holding down A, why cant it just control like every FPS ever on a wiimote. Luigi's mansion was a fun game much like Mario's where it makes use of the two screens. Basically the only mini games that really work are the ones that are like pacman connectivity demo we had many years ago, the Wii U is the console version of that.

The gamepad is pretty cool and feels great to hold. I still have better games to play so lets see how it holds up with those but I do not like the interface and using the gamepad many times feels forced where all it is doing is taking away from staring at a much nicer TV screen.

#175 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
My nintendo ID is Dvader, add me.
#176 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

My nintendo ID is Dvader, add me.dvader654

I am TheNegativeDude. I will add you tomorrow.

#177 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

Shame-usBlackley

It's hard to feel too sorry for you, to be honest. I mean, if you don't know what you're getting into when buying a Nintendo console by now, that's your own fault, man.

Why would you buy one if there are no games that made the purchase worthwhile? I kind of understand -- after all, I bought a fvcking 3DO back in the day, but Jesus Christ, this is NINTENDO we're talking about here, none of this should surprise anyone.

Not trolling you, just trying to figure out why you'd buy one to begin with, especially when there's been zero hype for this thing and the chances of you selling it for fat sacks of cash on Ebay were about as likely as getting a threeway with Jenna Jameson and Stoya.

I wasnt sure whether to pick up my preorders until last night. So theres your answer.

Long version: I am tired of current gen consoles. I want something new. It's been 6 f*cking years since I got a PS3 and I cant play the same exact thing with the same exact issues anymore. (Rented BLOPs 2, couldnt connect online because Patch 1.3 breaks the game.... wtf.) Yes, it's got a pretty lame launch lineup. Yes, it has probably one of the worst interface design i've ever seen, but it's new. It's different. TBH, just the thought of having to wait another f*cking year for the next xbox or Playstation was scaring enough for me to buy this thing.

#178 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

The browser on this thing is fantastic. im on it now. Looks amazingon my tv and on the pad. Very easy to type.

Oh and the webcam is great quality too.

#179 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

First impressions time, not good. This is the most ass backward system I have ever encountered, I wish I can say I love it, but most of it I was scratching my head at the horrible design choices. I ignored the update at first and decided to just jump into a game and discovered the best thing about the system, IT BACKGROUND DOWNLOADS THE UPDATE. It does this for all games do, I background downloaded the NintendoLand patch while playing it. That is by far the best feature the Wii U has.

So this is what I am talking about, you have this amazing giant TV right well instead of using that you have to look at the pad to navigate menus. Oh but there is a button to switch the menu to the TV, ok good oh but wait YOU CANT USE THE GAMEPAD TO CONTROL THE TV. You have to switch to a wiimote in order to navigate menus on the TV. So now I need to pull out the wiimote, which is still synced to my wii so turning it on turns on my wii, yay. So screw all that I will navigate everything using the pad, so now I feel I am using giant portable.

When I did get the update done I didnt really explore the menu but it was messy. There were miis everywhere and a bunch of logos floating in a circle, I couldnt tell what they did from looking at them making them the opposite of simple. I tried entering miiverse but it wasn't working.

Oh navigating menus in this thing is horrible. Everything takes FOREVER to load, I hate the stupid gingle that plays as you stare at a white screen waiting to get anywhere in this menu.

I have only played NintendoLand with a friend, some games are fun, most are a waste. The Zelda one is basically that sword game from resort but the person on the gamepad gets a useless bow and arrow instead of awesome 1:1 sword combat. You use the gyro on the pad to aim which works well but the wiimote does it better. So I spend my time watching this tiny screen while my friend was swinging a sword on a giant HDTV, gamepad fail. Mario chase was the most fun we had, simple concept, perfect in execution. It gives a true reason to have a gamepad as I see things he can't. Pikmin was boring as hell. Metroid is cool but too simple. There is a stupid design choice with it where on the wiimote you have to hold A to be able to move the camera with the wiimote, meaning you always have to be holding down A, why cant it just control like every FPS ever on a wiimote. Luigi's mansion was a fun game much like Mario's where it makes use of the two screens. Basically the only mini games that really work are the ones that are like pacman connectivity demo we had many years ago, the Wii U is the console version of that.

The gamepad is pretty cool and feels great to hold. I still have better games to play so lets see how it holds up with those but I do not like the interface and using the gamepad many times feels forced where all it is doing is taking away from staring at a much nicer TV screen.

dvader654

I feel the same way. I cannot stand the loading and the 'unloading'. I can understand loading apps, but no clue why it takes so long to go back to the main screen.

I played a lot of Nintendo land last night, and I liked it more than you did. The donkey kong mini game is fantastic. The dance game is hilarious because it takes your video and makes you look like your a dancing. The mario kart mini game is my favorite but thats probably because ive never owned a DS so ive never played a video game like that. So far, i've tried around 6-7 mini games and the only one I didnt like was the zelda one. The controls are needlessly hard.

I noticed a bunch of people in my Nintenod land plaza. Are those real people? Can I interact wiht them like in PS Home? Or do I have to go into MiiVerse to type in something? which i was able to do but its just a bunch of comments at the moment. No threads or discussions.

My Nintendo network ID is TheNegativeDude. I will add you tonight. You will be my first friend on the Wii U!

#180 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

Looks like the RAM used in the Wii is 43% slower than the PS360. They are likely using cheap PC RAM instead of the faster RAM usually used in consoles. So even though the Wii U has four times the RAM of PS360, it's half as slow. That explains the ridiculous loading times in the menu.

Apparently, Batman U has a terrible framerate. So does BLOPs and is missing key graphical features. That was to be expected since these games just a rushed port, but still disappointing. I really wanted to play BLOPs and Darksiders on this controller.

#181 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22587 posts) -

Looks like the RAM used in the Wii is 43% slower than the PS360. They are likely using cheap PC RAM instead of the faster RAM usually used in consoles. So even though the Wii U has four times the RAM of PS360, it's half as slow. That explains the ridiculous loading times in the menu.

Apparently, Batman U has a terrible framerate. So does BLOPs and is missing key graphical features. That was to be expected since these games just a rushed port, but still disappointing. I really wanted to play BLOPs and Darksiders on this controller.

S0lidSnake

here's hoping there's some way they can work around that bottleneck because that could really cripple them in the long run

#182 Posted by Grammaton-Cleric (7513 posts) -

S0lidSnake

God, this system is such a joke.

I also heard that the backwards compatibility doesn't allow you to play Wii games up-scaled to HD.

Seriously?

They couldn't even add an up-scaling option so that Wii games no longer look like piss on HDTVs?

Is there a single reason to own this system right now?

#183 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

Grammaton-Cleric

Nope.

#184 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

Grammaton-Cleric
NO. Not even the sell it to make money reason seems to be a good one now. ZombiU is pretty cool though, if it were on the other consoles I can see a nice cult following for it. That is about it. Mario is mario, nice but been there done that. NintendoLand, who cares. The rest are ports. The good features get out weighed by bad design choices. This thing is a mess. I remember the Wii had a clear purpose, it all made perfect sense. It was a console I was proud to show off to family. The wiimote instantly wowed anyone who came across it. This thing, I dont want to show it to anyone.
#185 Posted by Grammaton-Cleric (7513 posts) -

[QUOTE="Grammaton-Cleric"]

dvader654

NO. Not even the sell it to make money reason seems to be a good one now. ZombiU is pretty cool though, if it were on the other consoles I can see a nice cult following for it. That is about it. Mario is mario, nice but been there done that. NintendoLand, who cares. The rest are ports. The good features get out weighed by bad design choices. This thing is a mess. I remember the Wii had a clear purpose, it all made perfect sense. It was a console I was proud to show off to family. The wiimote instantly wowed anyone who came across it. This thing, I dont want to show it to anyone.

Well, I respect your honesty given that you have shelled out in excess of 400 dollars to test run this thing for us.

With the new Hitman game and Playstation All Stars hitting tomorrow, I know where my money is better spent.

What a shame.

Thanks regardless, and thanks to Solid as well.

#186 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

From gaf Wii U friend list thread:

Remember: only add friends via Miiverse "search users" function! Otherwise they will never see an invite.

So when I went into the friend list section and added your guys names you never got an invite cause I didnt do it the other way. What kind of crap is that where the friend list screen is the one where you shouldnt add friends. This system...

#187 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

From gaf Wii U friend list thread:

Remember: only add friends via Miiverse "search users" function! Otherwise they will never see an invite.

So when I went into the friend list section and added your guys names you never got an invite cause I didnt do it the other way. What kind of crap is that where the friend list screen is the one where you shouldnt add friends. This system...

dvader654

What is this? i dont even...

#188 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -

I posted this elsewhere, but after reading the impressions in this thread, I figure it is fair game to be negative here. The more I think about this system, the more it seems like a bad idea. They had six years worth of R&D and a bigger warchest than anyone coming off of the success of the Wii and the DS, and this is what they've brought to the table. They abandoned the strategy that made the Wii successful when they switched from the Wiimote to the gamepad. In addition to that, they put out a system that is barely capable of running third party ports from systems that are six and seven years old. I feel like they've gone back to being a system that only appeals to loyal Nintendo fans. Merely aping tablet gaming doesn't seem like it will have the broad appeal that WiiSports and WiiFit had. Additionally, the reason tablet and phone gaming are popular is because of cheap games, not because of the input method. Being able to sorta keep up with the previous console gen doesn't seem like it will be enough to garner them much third party support once the PS3 and 360 are replaced. I don't ever root for failure, so that isn't what this post is about. This console just doesn't make any sense to me.

This is coming from someone who feels like Nintendo's glory days were back on the Super Nintendo and that everything since then has been a step down. Additionally I haven't played the system, or seen it running in real life. I want to be wrong, and when it comes to Nintendo, I usually am.

#189 Posted by Allicrombie (25516 posts) -
Geez, I was kinda tempted. Now I'm not so sure, =p
#190 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

Geez, I was kinda tempted. Now I'm not so sure, =pAllicrombie
The games are still there. So if you want your Nintendo fix this system will be fine. If you want it as a cool piece of technology then not the best idea.

#191 Posted by Bigboi500 (31015 posts) -

I'm glad I waited now. They need to work out the kinks, and early adopters always pay the heaviest price.

#192 Posted by Allicrombie (25516 posts) -

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]Geez, I was kinda tempted. Now I'm not so sure, =pdvader654

The games are still there. So if you want your Nintendo fix this system will be fine. If you want it as a cool piece of technology then not the best idea.

I wouldnt mind playing the Nintendo stuff, rest of the launch lineup looks terrible though.
#193 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
Netflix is awesome on this thing. The menus are so easy to navigate and you can switch seamlessly from tv to gamepad at any time.
#194 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22587 posts) -

Apparently the Wii U does upscale wii games, contrary to what nintendo said awhile back

This is a welcome surprise.

#195 Posted by Grammaton-Cleric (7513 posts) -

Apparently the Wii U does upscale wii games, contrary to what nintendo said awhile back

This is a welcome surprise.

Shinobishyguy

Well, that's something.

#196 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
Yeah the wii games looked nicer, its not like an HD remake but its cleaner I think.
#197 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22587 posts) -
Yeah the wii games looked nicer, its not like an HD remake but its cleaner I think.dvader654
have you tried galaxy on it?
#198 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
Ok NintendoLand is AWESOME!!! I think its better alone, the single player games are extremely addicting. DK one in particular is devilishly evil, must finish it. Balloon Fight is fantastic, making you control the game with swipes on the screen to create wind gusts like Lost Winds. I am only scratching the surface, so much to do. When miiverse is activated the plaza comes alive with tons of random miis, all with messages. Some people draw amazing stuff, others are complaining about a difficult level. There are even find a mii mini game where the screen shows you three miis and you have to find them in the crowd to get a coin. Coins unlock stuff in the plaza like statues and a giant jukebox that will unlock with various Nintendo music. If only this game had online play, the online setup is so perfect already.
#199 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
[QUOTE="dvader654"]Yeah the wii games looked nicer, its not like an HD remake but its cleaner I think.Shinobishyguy
have you tried galaxy on it?

Zelda only.