OFFICIAL E3 Sony 2014 Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Click Here For GameSpot Live Stream

Although Sony has quickly proven the PS4 to be the number one choice video game console this generation, they still have to show consumers that they intend to keep the promises they made last year regarding game releases and PlayStation Plus benefits. Trine 2 and Pixeljunk Shooter are not the PS4 retail games Sony promised us. This thread is here to report all the news about Sony at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo. Acquisitions, new IPs, and other plans for the future will be listed in the coming days.

I am really excited to be able to see it live two years in a row.

Let's do this.

UPDATE: Check next post for news. More to come

SECOND UPDATE: Live Stream is over

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By branketra

Confirmed

Games:

The Last Guardian in development (Not at E3)

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4 2015)

Bloodborne (PS4 By makers of Dark Souls)

Dead Island 2 (PS4)

No Man's Sky

Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)

Grim Fandango Remastered (PS4/PS Vita)

Arkham Knight looks fantastic

MGSV: The Phantom Pain is going to be intense.

Other News:

-PlayStation TV at $99 or $139

-Powers TV show

-Far Cry 4 co-op for all PS4 users even without the game

PlayStation Now open beta coming to North America and Europe on July the 31st.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By branketra

PlayStation TV:

Note: This is not the 3D-capable HDTV that was released years ago.

From Gizmodo:

Playstation TV, a tiny streaming box released as PS Vita TV in Japan, will be coming to the US and Canada this fall for $99. The tiny box will let you stream games from your PS4 proper to another TV in the house, while also letting you stream PS3 games and older classics via the forthcoming magic of Playstation Now, presumably with no PS4 required.

Of course, that's on top of all the other things that a streaming box can do, like Netflix, and Hulu, and all the other streaming apps that the PS4 can handle. How effective the Playstation TV will be as a tiny game console revolves around how good the streaming is from the PS4 and through Playstation Now, but from what we've seen so far, the prospect seems promising.

Of particular note is this device which has already released in Japan last November. The ability to stream games from a PS4 to another TV elsewhere in a household is promising. For someone with a roommate or relative owning a PS4 and interested in one themselves, yet there is something preventative keeping them from purchasing it, this is perfect. Plus, it can play PS Vita games. If the streaming capabilities for this are lag-free, this is going to be a very valuable purchase.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By branketra

White Destiny Edition PS4

A closer look:

During the Sony E3 2014 Press Conference today we were happy to announce an exclusive PS4 Destiny bundle.

In the SCEE region we will have the following Destiny bundles available, all launching day and date with the Destiny game release on 9th September:

• Limited Edition Glacier White PS4 Destiny Bundle (€439.99 RRP, available at selected retailers)
  • Jet Black PS4 Destiny Bundle (€439.99 RRP)
  • Piano Black 500GB PS3 Destiny Bundle (€299.99 RRP)

The ultimate Destiny experience is only on PlayStation, with every copy of the game on PlayStation featuring a ton of exclusive content. Not only that, but every PS4 Destiny Bundle will also let you try out the PlayStation Plus service for one month at no additional cost, letting you experience everything Destiny has to offer.

Check your local retailers for listings to pre-order now.

In addition, PS4 players will have exclusive access to a special Destiny first-look ‘alpha’ starting this Thursday, and PlayStation owners will be the first to play the full Destiny beta when it launches on 17th July.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/06/10/destiny-ps4-ps3-bundles-unveiled-e3-2014/

During the Sony conference chat yesterday here on GameSpot, I remember a user wished for a white version of a PS4 because fingerprints are clearly visible on the standard version. Sony and Bungie are planning something for those of us with similar perspectives. The price is unconfirmed, but it is available for pre-order. I called GameSpot about twenty minutes ago and that company is accepting pre-orders for this console today. There is a $100 minimum and payments can be made over time leading to its release the same as the PS4 launch. I am going to be going today. Get it before all the pre-orders are sold out.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#5 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Got a PS4, so i am really looking forward to this years E3 from Sony

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By branketra

Come on, guys. Tell us what you think.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

Uncharted looked amazing and, as always, I'll believe it when I'm playing it.

I would be more interested in No Man's Sky if I knew what the gameplay was about. Do we just explore? Are we part of a faction? Who are those guy's shooting at? I hear all about the procedurally generated worlds and crediting discoveries but I don't hear anything about the basic flow of the game.

Bloodborne interests me, at least as far as it's possible to be interested by CG. It's the art style, I guess.

What the hell was that Suda 51 game? Some kind of horror RPG?

FarCry 4 pro-tip: don't piss off the elephant.

Love the way they set the Batman video up to look like CG, then all of a sudden you're playing. Gorgeous visuals and the batmobile has never looked so good. We've come a long way since those batmobile levels on the Sega CD.

It was a fairly entertaining conference suffering from the same issues as the other conferences - mostly these are the games from last year's E3. How bout we release a few of them this year?

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8  Edited By Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

@BranKetra said:

Come on, guys. Tell us what you think.

Both press conferences (Sony and Microsofts) did rather poorly in the sense that they just announced and showed titles that I could find on other platforms (PC) while the exclusive block busters that would get me interested in buying their product are not being delivered this year.

ZzNashoO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 ZzNashoO
Member since 2012 • 163 Posts

Honestly... I thought they had a horrible conference. Where were all of the exclusives? 99% of the games shown were multi-platform. That is far less than they promised when the console was released. They had 3 "big" exclusives: The Order, Bloodbourne, and Uncharted 4.... Uncharted 4 and The Order are played out. The market is flooded with games just like them. Their exclusives are boring and primarily centered around the story rather than fun game play. If I had to pick a game with a good story... The Witcher Series takes it hands down. With all of that said... Bloodbourne did look interesting and only decent exclusive announced. ID games are just too short for me. I personally don't like games that I can finish in a 4-6 hour sitting. I think Microsoft got them this year. I felt it was a waste of time to show videos to games that I can play on the Xbox one as well. That's all that I could think the entire time I was watching the presentation.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ish_basic

@ZzNashoO: I felt it was a waste of time to show videos to games that I can play on the Xbox one as well. That's all that I could think the entire time I was watching the presentation.

Microsoft did the same thing, though, with COD, AC Unity, DA: Inquisition, etc. In fact if MS and Sony had limited their conferences to exclusive gameplay, both conferences would have been a combined 10 minutes long. The moral of this conference is that if you only own one of the next gen consoles right now, there's no hurry to buy the other.

ZzNashoO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ZzNashoO
Member since 2012 • 163 Posts

@Ish_basic: I definitely understand what you are saying but at the same time... Sony released 4 exclusives to Microsofts 8: Forza, Fable Legends, Halo Collection/Halo 5, Phantom Dust, Crackdown, projet spark, scalebound, and sunset overdrive. That is double the "big budget" exclusives demonstrated by Sony. With a broader range of genres. Although I agree that those could have been shown in a shorter time. This is a personal preference but as I had said... ID games don't do it for me on any platform. They are far too short and don't grab my attention for long. That is why they are excluded from these lists for both platforms.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ish_basic
@ZzNashoO said:

@Ish_basic: I definitely understand what you are saying but at the same time... Sony released 4 exclusives to Microsofts 8: Forza, Fable Legends, Halo Collection/Halo 5, Phantom Dust, Crackdown, projet spark, scalebound, and sunset overdrive. That is double the "big budget" exclusives demonstrated by Sony. With a broader range of genres. Although I agree that those could have been shown in a shorter time. This is a personal preference but as I had said... ID games don't do it for me on any platform. They are far too short and don't grab my attention for long. That is why they are excluded from these lists for both platforms.

Sony showed Let It Die, as well, the exclusive from Suda 51. Gameplay-wise we saw about 4 exclusives from MS, two of which we saw at last year's show (spark and overdrive) and 3 from Sony, none of which we saw at last year's show. None of the games that actually had gameplay to show was nearly as interesting as the 3rd party stuff (although Fable Legends looks very cool). CG dominated MS's showing and mysteriously absent was any further details of Quantum Break. It's a wash in my book, although it looks worse for Sony because we know they have the 1st party muscle, we just don't know why it's taking so long to flex it.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By branketra

The Sony LiveCast is currently on. It is listed as E3 Day 1, but we should all know this is day 2.

The video is not good.

Low video quality, good sound, inconsistent connection.

As far as games, they are showing Destiny again. We already know about this game more than most coming soon. I know Activision is risking a great amount of money on that game, but I do not want oversaturation and especially before it is even released.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 branketra

There is a white Destiny Edition PS4. I am pre-ordering it later today.

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix looks awesome.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#16 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

This looks amazing

Loading Video...

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Sony had a strong first hour, then second half seem to just drag on and on. Good conference even after that.