Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2451 Flekkvagyok
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Hi!

I'm looking for a game I'd like to find for a long time now.

The game is an arcade game, so I'm not sure if it exists on any other platforms, which makes it even more difficult to find. It's a single player driving game, where you control a red sports car, but you also have buttons on the wheel to shoot. If you do so a guy raises from the passanger seat and shoots the traffic. Amongst the normal traffic there are some hostile cars you need to shoot, you can't go past them. Also I remember facing a boss which was a helicopter (some sort of military chopper) and before facing it a friendly van arrived and handed you a rocket launcher with a few shots. There is one very characteristic thing I remember; when you shoot, your passanger yells something in japanese, which I identified as "ryoukai" (thats "affirmative" or "roger" in japanese). I played it around '96-'00, but I would say it's definitely pre-2000.

I hope someone can help me!

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2452  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

@master412160 said:

On platform windows, thus for pc. It would label it as an RTS game. The game itself was like a dropzone kind of game. You couldn't build buildings anywhere or get any new units but from a certain location on the map that you had to protect like you would protect a base of operations. They would come dropping down in a plane. You could order tanks and units with some credits that grows over time.

[...]
It was a futuristic kind of military tech kind of game. guns, tanks, a tank unit that could form up a shield generator around its location, etc...

My memory doesn't allow for more details. I couldn't find it and have gone through a list of RTS games released. Trying to clear up my memory by reading all them titles. On some I clicked to get more details but none of them was that game.

[...]
The dropzone had some design like this: (also this game isn't really old old but not new new either.)

http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Features/2010/09/RTS%20for%20newbies/speed--article_image.jpg

That sounds exactly like Ground Control 2 (from what little I remember of it!).

I can't find a good picture, but you can see a red enemy drop zone in this one.

master412160

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2453  Edited By master412160

@Planeforger: wow!!!! Good find man! Didn't expect someone to find the game but I'm not sure it is teh right one. Can you build a vechile that can generate a shield around itself? Protecting what is in the area of it? Like how the shield looks in the first star wars movie of the gungan army on naboo?

Do you know any games like Ground Control? Cause this is in the exact direction of teh game I played. Maybe it is Ground Control. I'll have to try it out and see. But any others around like that game?

Edit: Just played it and I seem to remember it a bit. I think this may be that game! Unless there is an other game around like it this has to be the one!

Heroig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2454 Heroig
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Hello!

I'm looking for an old diablo like rpg. I can't remember much, only a spell, called hybrid which merged two heroes to one. I think the first map was next to a castle, from which i had to jailbreak a mage, who then joined me, and later there was a warrior like man in a mine maybe. And a later bossfight was in a strange realm, on a platform, and the boss was golden. There was a forest map too. It's 10-15 years old at least, couldn't find it anywhere :|

hikaruai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2456  Edited By hikaruai
Member since 2005 • 35 Posts

Okay, so there are two games I was wondering about, both old PC games.

In one of them you were a thief that went around dungeons and castles picking locks when you needed to and killing monster in the sewer and dungeon sections. I guess it was kind of similar to "Thief" except a bit more battle/action oriented than stealth.

The other game you go off to stop this evil empire who captured a friend of yours. It had a wide range of weapon classes that you were able to level up in and would keep your items in a backpack sort of mechanic. At the first enemy castle you get to you end up having to fight some enemy warriors in this arena area of the castle and you have to win the tournament to escape and continue your journey.

Fearari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: -1

#2457 Fearari
Member since 2012 • 51 Posts

An old school PC game I guess. It was a top-down shooter where two players fought each other with an arsenal of guns. The graphics were pixely and simple.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2458  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

@hikaruai said:

Okay, so there are two games I was wondering about, both old PC games.

In one of them you were a thief that went around dungeons and castles picking locks when you needed to and killing monster in the sewer and dungeon sections. I guess it was kind of similar to "Thief" except a bit more battle/action oriented than stealth.

The other game you go off to stop this evil empire who captured a friend of yours. It had a wide range of weapon classes that you were able to level up in and would keep your items in a backpack sort of mechanic. At the first enemy castle you get to you end up having to fight some enemy warriors in this arena area of the castle and you have to win the tournament to escape and continue your journey.

How old are we talking about, for each one? Also, please add more details. First person/third person, at least.

hikaruai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2459 hikaruai

@Black_Knight_00: They both were over a decade ago, the thief game being a little older maybe even late 90s for that one. The action game had a sort of top angle rpg camera while the thief game I believe was first person except for in battles where it was third.

triforce85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2460 triforce85
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I am having trouble finding info on a particular FPS game. Google-fu is tough to use because of the multiple COD and BF titles out there. Anyway, there was this game, released within the last 5-6 years I think, in which there was a mission in the middle of the campaign mode where I believe you were a looking down from a drone/air surveillance support plane at your ground team of spec-ops friendlies as they attempted to covertly infiltrate some house/compound undetected. I feel like I remember you would guide them through some grass while infrared-marking enemies for them, then I think you maybe then switched to the ground troops repeatedly to progress forward. I know it was some BF, COD, Medal of Honor, Homefront, etc. game on PS3 or Xbox 360. I wish I could remember more. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2461  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@hikaruai said:

@Black_Knight_00: the thief game I believe was first person except for in battles where it was third.

The battles were separate from the normal gameplay?

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2462  Edited By Black_Knight_00
@triforce85 said:

I am having trouble finding info on a particular FPS game. Google-fu is tough to use because of the multiple COD and BF titles out there. Anyway, there was this game, released within the last 5-6 years I think, in which there was a mission in the middle of the campaign mode where I believe you were a looking down from a drone/air surveillance support plane at your ground team of spec-ops friendlies as they attempted to covertly infiltrate some house/compound undetected. I feel like I remember you would guide them through some grass while infrared-marking enemies for them, then I think you maybe then switched to the ground troops repeatedly to progress forward. I know it was some BF, COD, Medal of Honor, Homefront, etc. game on PS3 or Xbox 360. I wish I could remember more. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Was tagging all the drone could do or did it fire?

triforce85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2463  Edited By triforce85
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

@Black_Knight_00: I think it was only tagging, or providing identification and guidance.

hikaruai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2464 hikaruai

@Black_Knight_00: The enemies would come to the area you were in, kind of rpg type battles, but without loading into a new battle screen

Fearari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: -1

#2466  Edited By Fearari
Member since 2012 • 51 Posts
@bel22775 said:

here you can find all the answer!!!

http:www.adf.ly/sd0sv

This looks very trustworthy...

LordHamster42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2467  Edited By LordHamster42

Hi guys, please help,

I played this game on my PC, first person shooter 3D with zombies. I remember playing it 10 or less years ago but it might have came out before. The gameplay as I remember was like you only control the gun and your hero progresses foward and you need to shoot zombies before they hurt you. I think only the mouse was used to play this game, like left mouse to shoot and right to reload. I remember the beginning of the game, your hero getting out of the car, it's raining, hero entering a church. The game had bosses to fight. The first I think was a headless knight with a bat or little devil or something flying around him, second was a fish-type monster on the docks, another one was few huge snakes in a cave, last one was a transparent zombie thing in a labaratory I think, there might be more bosses, but these are the ones that I remember. I think there was a story behind it, and I think there were modes other than story mode. You had infinite ammounition but needed to reload your rounds. I remember your pointer was customizable in the options.

Any ideas? I have been searching for this game for a while now, it would mean a lot if anyone could help.

UPDATE: game has been found thanks to Black_Knight_00! Its House of the Dead 3.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2468 Black_Knight_00

@lordhamster42 said:

Hi guys, please help,

I played this game on my PC, first person shooter 3D with zombies. I remember playing it 10 or less years ago but it might have came out before. The gameplay as I remember was like you only control the gun and your hero progresses foward and you need to shoot zombies before they hurt you. I think only the mouse was used to play this game, like left mouse to shoot and right to reload. I remember the beginning of the game, your hero getting out of the car, it's raining, hero entering a church. The game had bosses to fight. The first I think was a headless knight with a bat or little devil or something flying around him, second was a fish-type monster on the docks, another one was few huge snakes in a cave, last one was a transparent zombie thing in a labaratory I think, there might be more bosses, but these are the ones that I remember. I think there was a story behind it, and I think there were modes other than story mode. You had infinite ammounition but needed to reload your rounds. I remember your pointer was customizable in the options.

Any ideas? I have been searching for this game for a while now, it would mean a lot if anyone could help.

Sounds like House of the Dead 3

TapTwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2471 TapTwo
Member since 2014 • 27 Posts

Im looking for and 90s game that is based on Mythology is educational and based on solving puzzles and learning about greek Mythology with the overall ending requireing making a choice about aliens I believe the title of the game included a year in the title.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2472  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@taptwo said:

Im looking for and 90s game that is based on Mythology is educational and based on solving puzzles and learning about greek Mythology with the overall ending requireing making a choice about aliens I believe the title of the game included a year in the title.

See if any of the games in this list ring a bell

LordHamster42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2473 LordHamster42

@Black_Knight_00:

Yes! Thank you!

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2474 Black_Knight_00

@lordhamster42 said:

@Black_Knight_00:

Yes! Thank you!

You're welcome ;)

rubenishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2475 rubenishere

There was this old pc adventure-strategy-rpg game where you led your army against various beasts and monsters (spiders, wasps, goblins and such). You upgraded their armor and weapons and made them level up i believe. In the game intro there was this goblin sitting on a pile of gold or something like that... Medieval fantasy setting. Please help :)))

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2476  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@rubenishere said:

There was this old pc adventure-strategy-rpg game where you led your army against various beasts and monsters (spiders, wasps, goblins and such). You upgraded their armor and weapons and made them level up i believe. In the game intro there was this goblin sitting on a pile of gold or something like that... Medieval fantasy setting. Please help :)))

Warcraft 3?

Lords of Everquest?

rubenishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2477 rubenishere

@Black_Knight_00: Thx for trying but nope :/ You had these knights that you leveled individually and then upgraded at the blacksmith. Then you battled monsters and such. Much more child-friendly than wc3 :)

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2478  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@rubenishere said:

@Black_Knight_00: Thx for trying but nope :/ You had these knights that you leveled individually and then upgraded at the blacksmith. Then you battled monsters and such. Much more child-friendly than wc3 :)

So it was a kids game? 2D or 3D?

Sear1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2479 Sear1992

Hello, I'm trying to remember an old RTS game that I used to play on PC. You could play as both humans and aliens and the UI would change depending on the faction you played (like StarCraft). I also remember a cut scene and it showed that the aliens ships were purple. That is about all I remember sadly, but would love to play this game again. Thanks in advance.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2480 Black_Knight_00

@sear1992 said:

Hello, I'm trying to remember an old RTS game that I used to play on PC. You could play as both humans and aliens and the UI would change depending on the faction you played (like StarCraft). I also remember a cut scene and it showed that the aliens ships were purple. That is about all I remember sadly, but would love to play this game again. Thanks in advance.

Too vague, sorry. "PC sci-fi RTS" could be hundreds of games. Maybe if you could remember a unit's name, or some gameplay elements.

rubenishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2481  Edited By rubenishere

@Black_Knight_00: Kind of! I found it somehow, it's called Medieval Conquest. Thanks anyway! :)

cwiseh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2482 cwiseh

Hi everyone. Don't know if somebody can help me with this one. I've searched a few times with the little info I can remember, to no avail.

From the graphics, it was made after 2004 i would say.

It's a single player game. Its 3D and i played it on the PC.

It's a fantasy type FPS i believe. The game was all about hell and things related to that.

You are in a team at the start, of about 8 people. Quite early on your character gets killed, and somehow becomes a spirit that can move to any of the other people, taking them over. That way if you are playing as one team member and get injured/killed, you can take over another player and play as them.

There are plenty of cutscenes from what i remember. And in one of the last cutscenes before what i think i remember as the final boss, two of the 'least offensive' members of the remaining team get killed, thus leaving you with less players to take over during the final battle.

If anybody knows the name of this game, i would be eternally grateful to hear from you!

Regards, Chris.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2483 Black_Knight_00

@cwiseh said:

Hi everyone. Don't know if somebody can help me with this one. I've searched a few times with the little info I can remember, to no avail.

It's a fantasy type FPS i believe. The game was all about hell and things related to that.

You are in a team at the start, of about 8 people. Quite early on your character gets killed, and somehow becomes a spirit that can move to any of the other people, taking them over. That way if you are playing as one team member and get injured/killed, you can take over another player and play as them.

There are plenty of cutscenes from what i remember. And in one of the last cutscenes before what i think i remember as the final boss, two of the 'least offensive' members of the remaining team get killed, thus leaving you with less players to take over during the final battle.

If anybody knows the name of this game, i would be eternally grateful to hear from you!

Regards, Chris.

Clive Barker's Jericho

cwiseh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2484 cwiseh
@Black_Knight_00 said:

@cwiseh said:

Regards, Chris.

Clive Barker's Jericho

Dude.

Thankyou!

Seriously. Thanks a lot.

Regards, Chris.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2485  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@cwiseh said:

Dude.

Thankyou!

Seriously. Thanks a lot.

Regards, Chris.

You're welcome ;)

Sear1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2487  Edited By Sear1992

@Black_Knight_00: I can't exactly remember any units in particular. The graphics were probably around 1998-2002 and it was 2d. But I do remember there were purple ships that the aliens had and they were in a cut scene in space when they attacked the humans. I also believe the aliens you could play as were purple and the elements were similar to starcraft but I know it wasn't that game.

staceftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2488 staceftw

I'm sorry if this is going to be extremely vague but I haven't played this game since 2004-2005
- PC game (windows xp when I started playing it)
- Female protagonist. The only similar character I could relate her to may be Tomb Raider but not quite
- Pretty sure the commencing scene started with a meteor in the sky and the female lead and another character who I think was a close friend or sister were discussing about how the world is in trouble or something along those lines
- Throughout the course of the game she acquires different weapons. Her main weapon may have been a sword. At one stage you could obtain a flame thrower
- I also remember one boss level which is in a cave/swamp with a massive green monster
- Overall she has a cynic personality and was pretty bad ass
If anyone could help, please let me know!!

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2489 Black_Knight_00

@staceftw said:

I'm sorry if this is going to be extremely vague but I haven't played this game since 2004-2005

- PC game (windows xp when I started playing it)

- Female protagonist. The only similar character I could relate her to may be Tomb Raider but not quite

- Pretty sure the commencing scene started with a meteor in the sky and the female lead and another character who I think was a close friend or sister were discussing about how the world is in trouble or something along those lines

- Throughout the course of the game she acquires different weapons. Her main weapon may have been a sword. At one stage you could obtain a flame thrower

- I also remember one boss level which is in a cave/swamp with a massive green monster

- Overall she has a cynic personality and was pretty bad ass

If anyone could help, please let me know!!

What kind of game was it? FPS, third person shooter, action adventure, RPG? The camera angle? Also, was the setting fantasy or sci-fi (I am confused by swords+flamethrowers)?

staceftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2490 staceftw

@Black_Knight_00 I just found it! It was Heavy Metal F.A.K.K. 2. Thank you for such a prompt reply btw!

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2491 Black_Knight_00

@staceftw said:

@Black_Knight_00 I just found it! It was Heavy Metal F.A.K.K. 2. Thank you for such a prompt reply btw!

That was going to be my first guess lol

GuanXing44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2492 GuanXing44
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Hi All,

I'm looking for a well known series of RPG but I can't remember the name. What makes the series unique is the amount of recruitable characters which is over 150 but I can't remember the exact number so I can't Google it. In one of the most recent titles, the main character was a prince and most of his family got killed in a coup. I'm pretty sure it's a PS2 game.

Help!

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2493 Black_Knight_00

@GuanXing44 said:

Hi All,

I'm looking for a well known series of RPG but I can't remember the name. What makes the series unique is the amount of recruitable characters which is over 150 but I can't remember the exact number so I can't Google it. In one of the most recent titles, the main character was a prince and most of his family got killed in a coup. I'm pretty sure it's a PS2 game.

Help!

Final Fantasy Tactics? Radiata Stories? Infinite Space?

MrFreehuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2494 MrFreehuggs
Member since 2010 • 1260 Posts

I'm trying to remember the name if a game I had for a Mac PC. It was sometime between 95-99. It was a top-down shooter, took place in a jungle setting and was very cartoony. I don't know if that's enough info but it's been a long time

rajeshhaywood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2495 rajeshhaywood

hi,

it is a horror game.i played this about 5/4 years before(while playing gta san andreas). where the game starts in a forest(daylight). it is a first person view game(good graphics). where everything we look is through our camera(like .rec symbol on top). i didn't play the whole game. but i did reach some house(2 storey) where in the 1st floor there will be scribblings on the wall of a creepy man and some trees. there will be a refrigerator in the kitchen with to do notes in it. in the sec. floor there is a single room probably which is so dark.

pls help me finding this game.

sandra_carol17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2496 sandra_carol17

I used to play a game in arcade. That was a puzzle type game in which spider is protagonist we control and move it around the screen to uncover a hidden picture behind it. Now after all these years, this thread reminds me of that masterpiece :)

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2497 Black_Knight_00

@sandra_carol17 said:

I used to play a game in arcade. That was a puzzle type game in which spider is protagonist we control and move it around the screen to uncover a hidden picture behind it. Now after all these years, this thread reminds me of that masterpiece :)

There are many, many games of that kind. The first was "Qix", then there was "Volfied". The rest of the successive clones are... erm... erotic versions. Like "Gals Panic"

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2498 Black_Knight_00
@rajeshhaywood said:

hi,

it is a horror game.i played this about 5/4 years before(while playing gta san andreas). where the game starts in a forest(daylight). it is a first person view game(good graphics). where everything we look is through our camera(like .rec symbol on top). i didn't play the whole game. but i did reach some house(2 storey) where in the 1st floor there will be scribblings on the wall of a creepy man and some trees. there will be a refrigerator in the kitchen with to do notes in it. in the sec. floor there is a single room probably which is so dark.

pls help me finding this game.

Try "Michigan: Report from Hell"