Official ''Can't remember the title of a game'' thread 2.0

#2151 Posted by nagy_laszlo (9 posts) -

@paolobisaccia: That's it! Thank you!

#2152 Edited by bailez115 (11 posts) -

Back for another round.

The game I'm looking for was a strategy turn based RPG like FF Tactics and Fire Emblem. The setting was gothic, and the game, released on PS2 was also released with the soundtrack for the game.

I believe you had the option to pick from an array of characters when you started, and eventually every character's plot intertwined. Beating enemies could be done by depleting their HP to zero, or by an overkill taking them to 10 hp below zero, and capturing them. (Really got frustrating trying to overkill everything.) I seem to recall the main quest involving a gothic sorceress and her wolf.

#2153 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19106 posts) -

@bailez115 said:

Back for another round.

The game I'm looking for was a strategy turn based RPG like FF Tactics and Fire Emblem. The setting was gothic, and the game, released on PS2 was also released with the soundtrack for the game.

I believe you had the option to pick from an array of characters when you started, and eventually every character's plot intertwined. Beating enemies could be done by depleting their HP to zero, or by an overkill taking them to 10 hp below zero, and capturing them. (Really got frustrating trying to overkill everything.) I seem to recall the main quest involving a gothic sorceress and her wolf.

Try these:

  • Black/Matrix II
  • Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories
  • Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
  • Eternal Poison
  • La Pucelle: Tactics
  • Makai Senki Disgaea
  • Soul Cradle: Sekai o Kurausha
  • Soul Nomad & the World Eaters
  • Summon Night 4
#2154 Posted by TheVerySpecialK (12 posts) -

Hi there everyone,

There is this game I remember playing sometime in the late 1990's/early 2000's. It was 3D, and you were in control of this small tank or tank-like vehicle, which was equipped with a cannon that shot lasers. I can only remember a single level from the game: it was set in a mountainous desert that was full of cacti, which you could actually blow apart with your cannon. The enemies were these weird two-legged mech/robot things that also fired lasers. In addition to these "normal" mechs, there were two similar but much larger mechs (which may have been bosses) that were walking around some kind of spaceship (which they were guarding?). One of the other things I remember about the level was this train that continuously circled the map on some sort of elevated track. The train could be shot at, but I can't remember if you could destroy it. Lastly, I'm fairly sure there were also power-ups that changed the type of laser you shot scattered around the map, but I can't be certain.

The version I played was on a console, but I can't remember which kind it was.

#2155 Posted by krsko55 (3 posts) -

Hello, there is another game i would need help with.

  • i played it about 8-12 years ago on a pc (windows xp)
  • game had a cartoonish style
  • it was played top-down, but was a 3d game.
  • gameplay was similar to "the legend of zelda a link to the past" but there are some differences.
  • character could have different weapons (swords, shields, spears, ...)
  • you were able to move in all directions (360°) and jump
  • i think that you could also choose your character in the beginning
  • you were able to explore the map and there were other NPCs, sheeps, guards ... and you could attack the guards and they would fight back
  • as i remember the most fighting was done in some kind of dungeons (but i don't remember how you got there). And in those dungeons you sometimes needed a torch to see anything.
  • the enemys were cartoonish monsters but also other characters.
  • i think that your enemys dropped equipment if you defeated them, and you could exchange it for your equipment. (but i don't think you had like a traditional inventory)
  • pretty sure all enemys dropped coins (copper, gold, ..)
#2156 Edited by JackieEstegado (7 posts) -

Hey guys,

I had a game that was a game company simulation game, couldn't find it since Game Dev tycoon came out.

It was higly detailed, you had to hire up invidualy your crew (programmers, 3d artists, etc.).

After a number of years there was a convention where you could see how was your studio's, game's standings.

Graphicaly it wasn't anything of note, just had simple menus where you decided what to do.

It was probably made betwen 1995-2005 on windows presumably.

#2157 Posted by the6thPredator (7 posts) -

Dear fellow gamers,

This is my first post on gamespot, so please ignore any mistakes I might make in regards to forum etiquette.
I'm looking for a PC RPG from quite some time ago. Think somewhere between 1997 - 2000, probably from 97 or 98.
I'll list all details I know:
- Action RPG
- Realtime (not turnbased)
- Top view (no first or 3d person)
- Somewhere between 1997 - 2000
- I live in the Netherlands, so the game was published in Europe (don't know about any other countries)
- I've been looking for this game for quite some time, and I've looked at a lot of RPG's from those days. The VISUALS look closest too games like Ultima VIII and Baldur's Gate.
- You play as one protagonist, at least for as far as I got to play.
- The game is quite gory. For example; in the start there are tons of geese that run around. You can cut off their heads and they will walk around for a few seconds while bleeding from their necks.
- I never finished the game (as I was still a small child when I played it) but I remember quite large castles and dungeons on the map. Also, in the start you would only be able to go left, since the right of the map was the ocean.
- One of the common monsters in the game was a creature that looked like a hammerheadshark with legs. It came in different colours.
- In the beginning of the game, you live in a small house (with your father I believe?). Then your house burns down, thanks to an evil wizard or something, I believe, and you embark on your journey.
- When you went to fight enemies, you had to kill each and every enemy until you could progress in the game.

I would be delighted if anyone found what I'm looking for.
Thanks in advance!

#2158 Posted by the6thPredator (7 posts) -

@the6thpredator: I found it myself already! It was Dink Smallwood!

#2159 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19106 posts) -

@the6thpredator said:

@the6thpredator: I found it myself already! It was Dink Smallwood!

I recognized it right away (the ducks thing is a classic), but you had already found it ;)

#2160 Edited by AfterDarkness (2 posts) -

Hello everyone,

I would really appreciate the help in finding the game I am looking for. I've looked a lot but no luck. I played a game on ps1 years ago, the only things i can remember about that game are:

1. The cd cover theme was in dark green/black, and I can also remember there was giant skulled character in the background probably the final boss.

2. It is JAP

3. It had a multiplayer splitscreen at least 2 players(maybe up to 4). I don't think that the screen joins when the two players come close in the map.

4. The gameplay: camera is positioned above the player like MGS. so the gameplay (at least the multiplayer part. not sure if there is story mode, probably there is) you pick a character and a map then the game start. So it is a mix of platform and beat em up type of a game? I also remember fighting with my brother and vis versa because he/me was looking at my part of the screen so he can find my location xD(This at least confirms some of my memories where right). There are some locations in each map where a health or powerup spawn and a place where you teleport to another location. You could jump and I believe both melee and ranged attack were possible(not sure about ranged), it felt like a ninja game. This is all I can remember : /

Thanks!

#2161 Posted by AfterDarkness (2 posts) -

@AfterDarkness: WOW i found it .. and most of what I said about the cd cover was wrong lol. it's trap gunner. :S wow I feel so lucky(and unlucky due to the fact I spent S* load of time search for it :S) I searched for 'top unknown ps1 games' and clicked on first link, the 2nd picture in the site was the game xD

#2162 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19106 posts) -

@AfterDarkness said:

@AfterDarkness: WOW i found it .. and most of what I said about the cd cover was wrong lol. it's trap gunner. :S wow I feel so lucky(and unlucky due to the fact I spent S* load of time search for it :S) I searched for 'top unknown ps1 games' and clicked on first link, the 2nd picture in the site was the game xD

Now that's lucky lol
Never head of that game.

#2164 Edited by Gilahpinda (2 posts) -

Sup fellow gamers,

I've been looking for the name of 2 old pc games for years now.
Both games came on cd's.
I live in The Netherlands, Europe btw.
As far as i know, they belong to the point and click puzzle genre (maybe more like an escape genre).
I only know that i've played it in the same period as "Pink panther: hocus pocus pink", so that would be in the end of the 90's.
Unfortunatly the things i remember contain keywords that appear in alot of games, so i wondered if any of you could help me out.
In both games you never see the character, you just see the room or part of a room just like in those simple online escape the room games.

Game 1:
This one is cartoon styled, with unrealistic things.
I remember a swimming pool (90% sure it was indoors).
As you click on it you would get a view of the pool, but everything is blurry.
This is solved by finding some swimming goggles nearby, making you able to see something like an octopus on the bottom of the pool.
The only other thing i remember is when i tried to go through a small hall, the path was blocked by something like a giant rat kind of creature.
It was standing upright like a human and i think it was making aggressive motions, making you clear that you could not pass.

Game 2:
This one was realistic.
And here's something that you will find in lots of games; The old mirrors and sunbeam puzzle.
The sunbeam eventually reaches out through several rooms and offcourse you have to figure out which way you have to face the mirrors.
There was this one big room with toy trains and traintracks.
If im correct, you had to build the tracks in the right way yourself.
There might've been more toys in the big room, like big bouncing balls.
And the last thing i remember (vaguely) is that there where alot of cats in the house.

Thats all i know.
I hope someone remember one of these games
Thanks for reading ;x

#2165 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19106 posts) -

@Gilahpinda: Are we talking about proper PC games released on a CD or more like browser games?

#2166 Edited by Gilahpinda (2 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: Yeah sorry, it came on discs.

I've added this to the info just now, thanks.

#2167 Edited by Stngux3 (6 posts) -

Hi, I've been trying to find this childhood game I have played a lot. I remember playing the game before 2005 so it should of came out before that time. The game stars a talking red bird and is a 2D point and click adventure game. The point of the game was to help the bird out with missions. I vaguely remember the birds name as "Mango" or something similar but Google searches yielded nothing. The game came on a disc if that helps. If anyone knows this game, I would appreciate it if you could help me out.

#2168 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (19106 posts) -

@stngux3 said:

Hi, I've been trying to find this childhood game I have played a lot. I remember playing the game before 2005 so it should of came out before that time. The game stars a talking red bird and is a 2D point and click adventure game. The point of the game was to help the bird out with missions. I vaguely remember the birds name as "Mango" or something similar but Google searches yielded nothing. The game came on a disc if that helps. If anyone knows this game, I would appreciate it if you could help me out.

Would you say it's an educational game?

#2169 Edited by slayahunter (8 posts) -

does anyone know the title of a game on the ps2 from the 2000 or later where the first mission is to go save a person trapped in a prison like building and if played cooperatively the second player is the one in that prison ish location... the environment was desert like if I remember and the game seemed war based

and if I remember correctly the game was a four person squad

also I only know the first mission because a friend of mine showed me the game when I was younger, but not much of the game

#2170 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19106 posts) -

@slayahunter said:

does anyone know the title of a game on the ps2 from the 2000 or later where the first mission is to go save a person trapped in a prison like building and if played cooperatively the second player is the one in that prison ish location... the environment was desert like if I remember and the game seemed war based

Prisoner of War?

#2172 Edited by slayahunter (8 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: I took a look at it and it didn't seem to match with the game in my head, if I remember correctly the game also had a 4 person squad if that helps

#2173 Edited by WrathyGamer (8 posts) -

Hi, I'm looking for an old NES game that is about mafia I guess. You drive your 1960's car around the city, you go enter houses, make dialog with people and go for something like missions, you can leave car and shoot in all direction. You wear like mafia (the machine gun / coat / hat... etc).

Hope anyone ever heard of it. I checked Google but didn't find anything helpful.

#2174 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (19106 posts) -

@wrathygamer said:

Hi, I'm looking for an old NES game that is about mafia I guess. You drive your 1960's car around the city, you go enter houses, make dialog with people and go for something like missions, you can leave car and shoot in all direction. You wear like mafia (the machine gun / coat / hat... etc).

Hope anyone ever heard of it. I checked Google but didn't find anything helpful.

Dick Tracy?

Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#2175 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19106 posts) -
@slayahunter said:

@Black_Knight_00: I took a look at it and it didn't seem to match with the game in my head, if I remember correctly the game also had a 4 person squad if that helps

I'll need more details. Genre, camera angle, 2D/3D, what war scenario you are referring to (WW2, vietnam, afghanistan...)

#2176 Posted by WrathyGamer (8 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@wrathygamer said:

Hi, I'm looking for an old NES game that is about mafia I guess. You drive your 1960's car around the city, you go enter houses, make dialog with people and go for something like missions, you can leave car and shoot in all direction. You wear like mafia (the machine gun / coat / hat... etc).

Hope anyone ever heard of it. I checked Google but didn't find anything helpful.

Dick Tracy?

Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Yes!

Thank you very much!

#2177 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19106 posts) -

@wrathygamer said:

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@wrathygamer said:

Hi, I'm looking for an old NES game that is about mafia I guess. You drive your 1960's car around the city, you go enter houses, make dialog with people and go for something like missions, you can leave car and shoot in all direction. You wear like mafia (the machine gun / coat / hat... etc).

Hope anyone ever heard of it. I checked Google but didn't find anything helpful.

Dick Tracy?

Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Yes!

Thank you very much!

You're welcome ;)

#2178 Posted by Dragonx316 (6 posts) -

Can anyone help me out with this one? I remember playing a game in 2004-2005. I cant remember exactly when it released, but i do remember it was a 3d sidescroller/platformer game and you played as a little purple alien. I remember it was on the PC and you needed the disc to play it as well. Other details are a little fuzzy but i might be able to help out on other things if needed.

#2179 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19106 posts) -

@dragonx316 said:

Can anyone help me out with this one? I remember playing a game in 2004-2005. I cant remember exactly when it released, but i do remember it was a 3d sidescroller/platformer game and you played as a little purple alien. I remember it was on the PC and you needed the disc to play it as well. Other details are a little fuzzy but i might be able to help out on other things if needed.

So it's a 2.5D platformer? 3D graphics but 2D gameplay?
If not, try looking at Tonic Trouble

#2180 Posted by Achraf7 (11 posts) -

QUOTE="Poncho_Hachacha"]

Anybody know the name of an old 90's arcade beat-em-up where everybody's riding on rollerblades? All the good guys and bad guys are on blades, but you can also pick up bats and what not as well as hop on bicycles and use those for fighting.

Black_Knight_00

#2181 Posted by slayahunter (8 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: as far as I can remember it looked like a fps and was in 3 dimensions and for the war scenario it was after WW2, probably near Vietnam... im sorry that im not very helpful I only have the first part of the first mission in my head

#2182 Edited by spacerace89 (9 posts) -

Hello dear members!

I've been searching for a game for years... It was an action RPG kind of like zelda around 1998 +-2 (might even have been a zelda game) on PC. I think i recieved it as a demo in a PC magazine.

You were a young boy who lived in a village and then you ventured out and speak to village people and fought different monsters with a sword.

I also vividly remember that you went in to one house and there was a father abusing his wife whom you could kill. the village had a big castle to the west with guards who said; "you cannot enter" or soemthing like that,

The whole game looked very similar to Beggar Prince;

But i remember it not being turn based.

TY in advance! :)

#2183 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19106 posts) -

@spacerace89: Dink Smallwood?

#2184 Posted by spacerace89 (9 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00:

WOW MAN! Thank you :D. Never thought i would find it. you made my day!

#2185 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19106 posts) -

@spacerace89 said:

@Black_Knight_00:

WOW MAN! Thank you :D. Never thought i would find it. you made my day!

Two guys in the same week looking for that game. Must be a world record. You're welcome ;)

#2186 Posted by danilouro (6 posts) -

@the6thpredator said:
@krsko55 said:

Hello, there is another game i would need help with.

  • i played it about 8-12 years ago on a pc (windows xp)
  • game had a cartoonish style
  • it was played top-down, but was a 3d game.
  • gameplay was similar to "the legend of zelda a link to the past" but there are some differences.
  • character could have different weapons (swords, shields, spears, ...)
  • you were able to move in all directions (360°) and jump
  • i think that you could also choose your character in the beginning
  • you were able to explore the map and there were other NPCs, sheeps, guards ... and you could attack the guards and they would fight back
  • as i remember the most fighting was done in some kind of dungeons (but i don't remember how you got there). And in those dungeons you sometimes needed a torch to see anything.
  • the enemys were cartoonish monsters but also other characters.
  • i think that your enemys dropped equipment if you defeated them, and you could exchange it for your equipment. (but i don't think you had like a traditional inventory)
  • pretty sure all enemys dropped coins (copper, gold, ..)

Hi. Im looking for a game quite similar with your description!

#2187 Posted by limitedafection (11 posts) -

This was on PC. I remember having a CD of a game where you were Mushu from the movie "Mulan" and had to shoot fireworks on the on coming Mongolians. The CD had more than one game on it, there was also one with the monkey from aladdin, and something with a parrot and something else... It might have been a bonus CD or something, or bonus game on some CD. It isn't Kingdom hearts that much I know.

I would appreciate the help (It's been driving me crazy not being able to remember)

#2188 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19106 posts) -

@limitedafection said:

This was on PC. I remember having a CD of a game where you were Mushu from the movie "Mulan" and had to shoot fireworks on the on coming Mongolians. The CD had more than one game on it, there was also one with the monkey from aladdin, and something with a parrot and something else... It might have been a bonus CD or something, or bonus game on some CD. It isn't Kingdom hearts that much I know.

I would appreciate the help (It's been driving me crazy not being able to remember)

It's likely one of the many Disney activity studio games.

#2189 Posted by Blanlahi123 (18 posts) -

Hello,sorry if im posting in a wrong place but this is my first time here so :c.So it's been exactly 2 years il searching for this game.I think it was released between 2004-2007.The game had Habbo-like graphics(I remember the characters were like Habbo's.)In the game you had to push boxes/crates so you can walk.I asked a lot of forums and they tell me "google is your friend" but i found nothing.I would REALLY appreciate some help :)

Here are some info:

-It's a PC game

-I think it was released by one of these: Gamehouse,Reflexive arcade,Alawar,Popcap

-The graphics were like Habbo's.

-I think i got it with Traffic Jam Extreme and Superstar Chef

#2190 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19106 posts) -

@blanlahi123 said:

Hello,sorry if im posting in a wrong place but this is my first time here so :c.So it's been exactly 2 years il searching for this game.I think it was released between 2004-2007.The game had Habbo-like graphics(I remember the characters were like Habbo's.)In the game you had to push boxes/crates so you can walk.I asked a lot of forums and they tell me "google is your friend" but i found nothing.I would REALLY appreciate some help :)

Here are some info:

-It's a PC game

-I think it was released by one of these: Gamehouse,Reflexive arcade,Alawar,Popcap

-The graphics were like Habbo's.

-I think i got it with Traffic Jam Extreme and Superstar Chef

So it's like an isometric sokoban?

#2191 Edited by Blanlahi123 (18 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@blanlahi123 said:

Hello,sorry if im posting in a wrong place but this is my first time here so :c.So it's been exactly 2 years il searching for this game.I think it was released between 2004-2007.The game had Habbo-like graphics(I remember the characters were like Habbo's.)In the game you had to push boxes/crates so you can walk.I asked a lot of forums and they tell me "google is your friend" but i found nothing.I would REALLY appreciate some help :)

Here are some info:

-It's a PC game

-I think it was released by one of these: Gamehouse,Reflexive arcade,Alawar,Popcap

-The graphics were like Habbo's.

-I think i got it with Traffic Jam Extreme and Superstar Chef

So it's like an isometric sokoban?

Yeah it's like an isometric sokoban exept the graphics were like Habbo's.

#2192 Posted by tommyfsy (2 posts) -

Hi, there is an old game that I really wanted to re-play but I can't remember the name, I couldn't finish it last time.

-PC games, adventure/puzzle, third person camera view, cartoon graphic.

-I played it around year 2000-2002, but the game could be older.

I only remember that you played as a male character, travel town to town, killing monsters and do some puzzle quests in town and also outside of town. I remember one of your gadget is a timer bomb that you can use unlimitedly, the bomb will help you blow off some walls in the cave when you travel between towns. Every towns got a few puzzle quests that you need to solve - I remember that in one of the town you need to rescue a cat that stuck on a high place, and you need to put certain liquid into soup pot and take it to a guard to put him asleep. Every quest related things will have a sparkling light on it to hint you.

If anyone know this game name I am really appreciate it.

#2193 Posted by jKryptonite (47 posts) -

@achraf7: this can possibly be Dj Boy from '90

#2194 Posted by Blanlahi123 (18 posts) -

So anyone have a clue on the name of my game??

#2195 Edited by CoxBaigts (6 posts) -

Ok guys, I'm really hopeful this thread can help me. I'm trying to remember twi old childhood games, PC or DOS (can't quite remember).

First, the one I least remember. It had something to do with a frog in a trenchcoat (not so sure) and a level involved spying the bad guys from behind trash cans. In sone part of the game you could become like a superhero.

The other was a sidescroller, the kind where your character automatically moves and you can only jump or hit a wall and go the other direction. The main goal was to get to Dracula's castle, and in the way you encountered vampires, mummies and werewolves. To defeat them, you had to gather weapons like crosses and silver bullets and you shot them at these enemies with the spacebar. Also you had to collect keys to open the gates at each level. Hope someone remembers it, I would be so grateful, thanks!!

#2198 Edited by Spooty_Joe (6 posts) -

I played an online game a few months ago and I can't remember the name. It was an mmo (not the kingdoms and magic type, just always multiplayer) and had a deathmatch gamemode, but there were other ones too. It was an 8-bit(ish) 2d platform thing that you had to have an account to have the full experience. If it helps, the player has a red shirt and blue pants, I think.

By the way, it isn't old arcade, and you didn't have to download it.

#2199 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19106 posts) -

@coxbaigts said:

Ok guys, I'm really hopeful this thread can help me. I'm trying to remember twi old childhood games, PC or DOS (can't quite remember).

First, the one I least remember. It had something to do with a frog in a trenchcoat (not so sure) and a level involved spying the bad guys from behind trash cans. In sone part of the game you could become like a superhero.

The other was a sidescroller, the kind where your character automatically moves and you can only jump or hit a wall and go the other direction. The main goal was to get to Dracula's castle, and in the way you encountered vampires, mummies and werewolves. To defeat them, you had to gather weapons like crosses and silver bullets and you shot them at these enemies with the spacebar. Also you had to collect keys to open the gates at each level. Hope someone remembers it, I would be so grateful, thanks!!

Frog and superhero brings Superfrog to mind

#2200 Edited by Blanlahi123 (18 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@coxbaigts said:

Ok guys, I'm really hopeful this thread can help me. I'm trying to remember twi old childhood games, PC or DOS (can't quite remember).

First, the one I least remember. It had something to do with a frog in a trenchcoat (not so sure) and a level involved spying the bad guys from behind trash cans. In sone part of the game you could become like a superhero.

The other was a sidescroller, the kind where your character automatically moves and you can only jump or hit a wall and go the other direction. The main goal was to get to Dracula's castle, and in the way you encountered vampires, mummies and werewolves. To defeat them, you had to gather weapons like crosses and silver bullets and you shot them at these enemies with the spacebar. Also you had to collect keys to open the gates at each level. Hope someone remembers it, I would be so grateful, thanks!!

Frog and superhero brings Superfrog to mind

Hi sorry if im annoying but im really excited about this game,so do you have any clue on it? :c