Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2152  Edited By bailez115
Member since 2014 • 26 Posts

Back for another round.

The game I'm looking for was a strategy turn based RPG like FF Tactics and Fire Emblem. The setting was gothic, and the game, released on PS2 was also released with the soundtrack for the game.

I believe you had the option to pick from an array of characters when you started, and eventually every character's plot intertwined. Beating enemies could be done by depleting their HP to zero, or by an overkill taking them to 10 hp below zero, and capturing them. (Really got frustrating trying to overkill everything.) I seem to recall the main quest involving a gothic sorceress and her wolf.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#2153 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

@bailez115 said:

Back for another round.

The game I'm looking for was a strategy turn based RPG like FF Tactics and Fire Emblem. The setting was gothic, and the game, released on PS2 was also released with the soundtrack for the game.

I believe you had the option to pick from an array of characters when you started, and eventually every character's plot intertwined. Beating enemies could be done by depleting their HP to zero, or by an overkill taking them to 10 hp below zero, and capturing them. (Really got frustrating trying to overkill everything.) I seem to recall the main quest involving a gothic sorceress and her wolf.

Try these:

• Black/Matrix II
  • Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories
  • Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
  • Eternal Poison
  • La Pucelle: Tactics
  • Makai Senki Disgaea
  • Soul Cradle: Sekai o Kurausha
  • Soul Nomad & the World Eaters
  • Summon Night 4
Avatar image for theveryspecialk
TheVerySpecialK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2154 TheVerySpecialK
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Hi there everyone,

There is this game I remember playing sometime in the late 1990's/early 2000's. It was 3D, and you were in control of this small tank or tank-like vehicle, which was equipped with a cannon that shot lasers. I can only remember a single level from the game: it was set in a mountainous desert that was full of cacti, which you could actually blow apart with your cannon. The enemies were these weird two-legged mech/robot things that also fired lasers. In addition to these "normal" mechs, there were two similar but much larger mechs (which may have been bosses) that were walking around some kind of spaceship (which they were guarding?). One of the other things I remember about the level was this train that continuously circled the map on some sort of elevated track. The train could be shot at, but I can't remember if you could destroy it. Lastly, I'm fairly sure there were also power-ups that changed the type of laser you shot scattered around the map, but I can't be certain.

The version I played was on a console, but I can't remember which kind it was.

krsko55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2155 krsko55
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Hello, there is another game i would need help with.

• i played it about 8-12 years ago on a pc (windows xp)
  • game had a cartoonish style
  • it was played top-down, but was a 3d game.
  • gameplay was similar to "the legend of zelda a link to the past" but there are some differences.
  • character could have different weapons (swords, shields, spears, ...)
  • you were able to move in all directions (360°) and jump
  • i think that you could also choose your character in the beginning
  • you were able to explore the map and there were other NPCs, sheeps, guards ... and you could attack the guards and they would fight back
  • as i remember the most fighting was done in some kind of dungeons (but i don't remember how you got there). And in those dungeons you sometimes needed a torch to see anything.
  • the enemys were cartoonish monsters but also other characters.
  • i think that your enemys dropped equipment if you defeated them, and you could exchange it for your equipment. (but i don't think you had like a traditional inventory)
  • pretty sure all enemys dropped coins (copper, gold, ..)
JackieEstegado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2156  Edited By JackieEstegado
Member since 2014 • 27 Posts

Hey guys,

I had a game that was a game company simulation game, couldn't find it since Game Dev tycoon came out.

It was higly detailed, you had to hire up invidualy your crew (programmers, 3d artists, etc.).

After a number of years there was a convention where you could see how was your studio's, game's standings.

Graphicaly it wasn't anything of note, just had simple menus where you decided what to do.

It was probably made betwen 1995-2005 on windows presumably.

the6thPredator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2157 the6thPredator

Dear fellow gamers,

This is my first post on gamespot, so please ignore any mistakes I might make in regards to forum etiquette.
I'm looking for a PC RPG from quite some time ago. Think somewhere between 1997 - 2000, probably from 97 or 98.
I'll list all details I know:
- Action RPG
- Realtime (not turnbased)
- Top view (no first or 3d person)
- Somewhere between 1997 - 2000
- I live in the Netherlands, so the game was published in Europe (don't know about any other countries)
- I've been looking for this game for quite some time, and I've looked at a lot of RPG's from those days. The VISUALS look closest too games like Ultima VIII and Baldur's Gate.
- You play as one protagonist, at least for as far as I got to play.
- The game is quite gory. For example; in the start there are tons of geese that run around. You can cut off their heads and they will walk around for a few seconds while bleeding from their necks.
- I never finished the game (as I was still a small child when I played it) but I remember quite large castles and dungeons on the map. Also, in the start you would only be able to go left, since the right of the map was the ocean.
- One of the common monsters in the game was a creature that looked like a hammerheadshark with legs. It came in different colours.
- In the beginning of the game, you live in a small house (with your father I believe?). Then your house burns down, thanks to an evil wizard or something, I believe, and you embark on your journey.
- When you went to fight enemies, you had to kill each and every enemy until you could progress in the game.

I would be delighted if anyone found what I'm looking for.
Thanks in advance!

the6thPredator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2158 the6thPredator

@the6thpredator: I found it myself already! It was Dink Smallwood!

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2159 Black_Knight_00

@the6thpredator said:

@the6thpredator: I found it myself already! It was Dink Smallwood!

I recognized it right away (the ducks thing is a classic), but you had already found it ;)

AfterDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2160  Edited By AfterDarkness
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Hello everyone,

I would really appreciate the help in finding the game I am looking for. I've looked a lot but no luck. I played a game on ps1 years ago, the only things i can remember about that game are:

1. The cd cover theme was in dark green/black, and I can also remember there was giant skulled character in the background probably the final boss.

2. It is ***

3. It had a multiplayer splitscreen at least 2 players(maybe up to 4). I don't think that the screen joins when the two players come close in the map.

4. The gameplay: camera is positioned above the player like MGS. so the gameplay (at least the multiplayer part. not sure if there is story mode, probably there is) you pick a character and a map then the game start. So it is a mix of platform and beat em up type of a game? I also remember fighting with my brother and vis versa because he/me was looking at my part of the screen so he can find my location xD(This at least confirms some of my memories where right). There are some locations in each map where a health or powerup spawn and a place where you teleport to another location. You could jump and I believe both melee and ranged attack were possible(not sure about ranged), it felt like a ninja game. This is all I can remember : /

Thanks!

AfterDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2161 AfterDarkness
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

@AfterDarkness: WOW i found it .. and most of what I said about the cd cover was wrong lol. it's trap gunner. :S wow I feel so lucky(and unlucky due to the fact I spent S* load of time search for it :S) I searched for 'top unknown ps1 games' and clicked on first link, the 2nd picture in the site was the game xD

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2162 Black_Knight_00

@AfterDarkness said:

@AfterDarkness: WOW i found it .. and most of what I said about the cd cover was wrong lol. it's trap gunner. :S wow I feel so lucky(and unlucky due to the fact I spent S* load of time search for it :S) I searched for 'top unknown ps1 games' and clicked on first link, the 2nd picture in the site was the game xD

Now that's lucky lol
Never head of that game.

Gilahpinda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2164  Edited By Gilahpinda
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Sup fellow gamers,

I've been looking for the name of 2 old pc games for years now.
Both games came on cd's.
I live in The Netherlands, Europe btw.
As far as i know, they belong to the point and click puzzle genre (maybe more like an escape genre).
I only know that i've played it in the same period as "Pink panther: hocus pocus pink", so that would be in the end of the 90's.
Unfortunatly the things i remember contain keywords that appear in alot of games, so i wondered if any of you could help me out.
In both games you never see the character, you just see the room or part of a room just like in those simple online escape the room games.

Game 1:
This one is cartoon styled, with unrealistic things.
I remember a swimming pool (90% sure it was indoors).
As you click on it you would get a view of the pool, but everything is blurry.
This is solved by finding some swimming goggles nearby, making you able to see something like an octopus on the bottom of the pool.
The only other thing i remember is when i tried to go through a small hall, the path was blocked by something like a giant rat kind of creature.
It was standing upright like a human and i think it was making aggressive motions, making you clear that you could not pass.

Game 2:
This one was realistic.
And here's something that you will find in lots of games; The old mirrors and sunbeam puzzle.
The sunbeam eventually reaches out through several rooms and offcourse you have to figure out which way you have to face the mirrors.
There was this one big room with toy trains and traintracks.
If im correct, you had to build the tracks in the right way yourself.
There might've been more toys in the big room, like big bouncing balls.
And the last thing i remember (vaguely) is that there where alot of cats in the house.

Thats all i know.
I hope someone remember one of these games
Thanks for reading ;x

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2165 Black_Knight_00

@Gilahpinda: Are we talking about proper PC games released on a CD or more like browser games?

Gilahpinda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2166  Edited By Gilahpinda
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

@Black_Knight_00: Yeah sorry, it came on discs.

I've added this to the info just now, thanks.

Stngux3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2167  Edited By Stngux3

Hi, I've been trying to find this childhood game I have played a lot. I remember playing the game before 2005 so it should of came out before that time. The game stars a talking red bird and is a 2D point and click adventure game. The point of the game was to help the bird out with missions. I vaguely remember the birds name as "Mango" or something similar but Google searches yielded nothing. The game came on a disc if that helps. If anyone knows this game, I would appreciate it if you could help me out.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2168  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@stngux3 said:

Hi, I've been trying to find this childhood game I have played a lot. I remember playing the game before 2005 so it should of came out before that time. The game stars a talking red bird and is a 2D point and click adventure game. The point of the game was to help the bird out with missions. I vaguely remember the birds name as "Mango" or something similar but Google searches yielded nothing. The game came on a disc if that helps. If anyone knows this game, I would appreciate it if you could help me out.

Would you say it's an educational game?

slayahunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2169  Edited By slayahunter

does anyone know the title of a game on the ps2 from the 2000 or later where the first mission is to go save a person trapped in a prison like building and if played cooperatively the second player is the one in that prison ish location... the environment was desert like if I remember and the game seemed war based

and if I remember correctly the game was a four person squad

also I only know the first mission because a friend of mine showed me the game when I was younger, but not much of the game

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2170 Black_Knight_00

@slayahunter said:

does anyone know the title of a game on the ps2 from the 2000 or later where the first mission is to go save a person trapped in a prison like building and if played cooperatively the second player is the one in that prison ish location... the environment was desert like if I remember and the game seemed war based

Prisoner of War?

slayahunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2172  Edited By slayahunter

@Black_Knight_00: I took a look at it and it didn't seem to match with the game in my head, if I remember correctly the game also had a 4 person squad if that helps

WrathyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2173  Edited By WrathyGamer

Hi, I'm looking for an old NES game that is about mafia I guess. You drive your 1960's car around the city, you go enter houses, make dialog with people and go for something like missions, you can leave car and shoot in all direction. You wear like mafia (the machine gun / coat / hat... etc).

Hope anyone ever heard of it. I checked Google but didn't find anything helpful.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2174  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@wrathygamer said:

Hi, I'm looking for an old NES game that is about mafia I guess. You drive your 1960's car around the city, you go enter houses, make dialog with people and go for something like missions, you can leave car and shoot in all direction. You wear like mafia (the machine gun / coat / hat... etc).

Hope anyone ever heard of it. I checked Google but didn't find anything helpful.

Dick Tracy?

Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2175 Black_Knight_00
@slayahunter said:

@Black_Knight_00: I took a look at it and it didn't seem to match with the game in my head, if I remember correctly the game also had a 4 person squad if that helps

I'll need more details. Genre, camera angle, 2D/3D, what war scenario you are referring to (WW2, vietnam, afghanistan...)

WrathyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2176 WrathyGamer

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@wrathygamer said:

Dick Tracy?

Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Yes!

Thank you very much!

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2177 Black_Knight_00

@wrathygamer said:

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@wrathygamer said:

Dick Tracy?

Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Yes!

Thank you very much!

You're welcome ;)

Dragonx316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2178 Dragonx316

Can anyone help me out with this one? I remember playing a game in 2004-2005. I cant remember exactly when it released, but i do remember it was a 3d sidescroller/platformer game and you played as a little purple alien. I remember it was on the PC and you needed the disc to play it as well. Other details are a little fuzzy but i might be able to help out on other things if needed.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2179 Black_Knight_00

@dragonx316 said:

Can anyone help me out with this one? I remember playing a game in 2004-2005. I cant remember exactly when it released, but i do remember it was a 3d sidescroller/platformer game and you played as a little purple alien. I remember it was on the PC and you needed the disc to play it as well. Other details are a little fuzzy but i might be able to help out on other things if needed.

So it's a 2.5D platformer? 3D graphics but 2D gameplay?
If not, try looking at Tonic Trouble

Achraf7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2180 Achraf7

QUOTE="Poncho_Hachacha"]

Anybody know the name of an old 90's arcade beat-em-up where everybody's riding on rollerblades? All the good guys and bad guys are on blades, but you can also pick up bats and what not as well as hop on bicycles and use those for fighting.

Black_Knight_00

slayahunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2181 slayahunter

@Black_Knight_00: as far as I can remember it looked like a fps and was in 3 dimensions and for the war scenario it was after WW2, probably near Vietnam... im sorry that im not very helpful I only have the first part of the first mission in my head

spacerace89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2182  Edited By spacerace89

Hello dear members!

I've been searching for a game for years... It was an action RPG kind of like zelda around 1998 +-2 (might even have been a zelda game) on PC. I think i recieved it as a demo in a PC magazine.

You were a young boy who lived in a village and then you ventured out and speak to village people and fought different monsters with a sword.

I also vividly remember that you went in to one house and there was a father abusing his wife whom you could kill. the village had a big castle to the west with guards who said; "you cannot enter" or soemthing like that,

The whole game looked very similar to Beggar Prince;

But i remember it not being turn based.

TY in advance! :)

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2183 Black_Knight_00

@spacerace89: Dink Smallwood?

spacerace89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2184 spacerace89

@Black_Knight_00:

WOW MAN! Thank you :D. Never thought i would find it. you made my day!

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2185 Black_Knight_00

@spacerace89 said:

@Black_Knight_00:

WOW MAN! Thank you :D. Never thought i would find it. you made my day!

Two guys in the same week looking for that game. Must be a world record. You're welcome ;)

danilouro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2186 danilouro

@the6thpredator said:
@krsko55 said:

Hello, there is another game i would need help with.

• i played it about 8-12 years ago on a pc (windows xp)
  • game had a cartoonish style
  • it was played top-down, but was a 3d game.
  • gameplay was similar to "the legend of zelda a link to the past" but there are some differences.
  • character could have different weapons (swords, shields, spears, ...)
  • you were able to move in all directions (360°) and jump
  • i think that you could also choose your character in the beginning
  • you were able to explore the map and there were other NPCs, sheeps, guards ... and you could attack the guards and they would fight back
  • as i remember the most fighting was done in some kind of dungeons (but i don't remember how you got there). And in those dungeons you sometimes needed a torch to see anything.
  • the enemys were cartoonish monsters but also other characters.
  • i think that your enemys dropped equipment if you defeated them, and you could exchange it for your equipment. (but i don't think you had like a traditional inventory)
  • pretty sure all enemys dropped coins (copper, gold, ..)

Hi. Im looking for a game quite similar with your description!

Avatar image for limitedafection
limitedafection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2187 limitedafection

This was on PC. I remember having a CD of a game where you were Mushu from the movie "Mulan" and had to shoot fireworks on the on coming Mongolians. The CD had more than one game on it, there was also one with the monkey from aladdin, and something with a parrot and something else... It might have been a bonus CD or something, or bonus game on some CD. It isn't Kingdom hearts that much I know.

I would appreciate the help (It's been driving me crazy not being able to remember)

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2188 Black_Knight_00

@limitedafection said:

This was on PC. I remember having a CD of a game where you were Mushu from the movie "Mulan" and had to shoot fireworks on the on coming Mongolians. The CD had more than one game on it, there was also one with the monkey from aladdin, and something with a parrot and something else... It might have been a bonus CD or something, or bonus game on some CD. It isn't Kingdom hearts that much I know.

I would appreciate the help (It's been driving me crazy not being able to remember)

It's likely one of the many Disney activity studio games.

Blanlahi123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2189 Blanlahi123

Hello,sorry if im posting in a wrong place but this is my first time here so :c.So it's been exactly 2 years il searching for this game.I think it was released between 2004-2007.The game had Habbo-like graphics(I remember the characters were like Habbo's.)In the game you had to push boxes/crates so you can walk.I asked a lot of forums and they tell me "google is your friend" but i found nothing.I would REALLY appreciate some help :)

Here are some info:

-It's a PC game

-I think it was released by one of these: Gamehouse,Reflexive arcade,Alawar,Popcap

-The graphics were like Habbo's.

-I think i got it with Traffic Jam Extreme and Superstar Chef

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2190 Black_Knight_00

@blanlahi123 said:

Hello,sorry if im posting in a wrong place but this is my first time here so :c.So it's been exactly 2 years il searching for this game.I think it was released between 2004-2007.The game had Habbo-like graphics(I remember the characters were like Habbo's.)In the game you had to push boxes/crates so you can walk.I asked a lot of forums and they tell me "google is your friend" but i found nothing.I would REALLY appreciate some help :)

Here are some info:

-It's a PC game

-I think it was released by one of these: Gamehouse,Reflexive arcade,Alawar,Popcap

So it's like an isometric sokoban?

Blanlahi123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2191  Edited By Blanlahi123

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@blanlahi123 said:

Here are some info:

-It's a PC game

So it's like an isometric sokoban?

Yeah it's like an isometric sokoban exept the graphics were like Habbo's.

tommyfsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2192 tommyfsy
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Hi, there is an old game that I really wanted to re-play but I can't remember the name, I couldn't finish it last time.

-PC games, adventure/puzzle, third person camera view, cartoon graphic.

-I played it around year 2000-2002, but the game could be older.

I only remember that you played as a male character, travel town to town, killing monsters and do some puzzle quests in town and also outside of town. I remember one of your gadget is a timer bomb that you can use unlimitedly, the bomb will help you blow off some walls in the cave when you travel between towns. Every towns got a few puzzle quests that you need to solve - I remember that in one of the town you need to rescue a cat that stuck on a high place, and you need to put certain liquid into soup pot and take it to a guard to put him asleep. Every quest related things will have a sparkling light on it to hint you.

If anyone know this game name I am really appreciate it.

jKryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2193 jKryptonite
Member since 2013 • 118 Posts

@achraf7: this can possibly be Dj Boy from '90

Blanlahi123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2194 Blanlahi123

So anyone have a clue on the name of my game??

CoxBaigts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2195  Edited By CoxBaigts

Ok guys, I'm really hopeful this thread can help me. I'm trying to remember twi old childhood games, PC or DOS (can't quite remember).

First, the one I least remember. It had something to do with a frog in a trenchcoat (not so sure) and a level involved spying the bad guys from behind trash cans. In sone part of the game you could become like a superhero.

The other was a sidescroller, the kind where your character automatically moves and you can only jump or hit a wall and go the other direction. The main goal was to get to Dracula's castle, and in the way you encountered vampires, mummies and werewolves. To defeat them, you had to gather weapons like crosses and silver bullets and you shot them at these enemies with the spacebar. Also you had to collect keys to open the gates at each level. Hope someone remembers it, I would be so grateful, thanks!!

Spooty_Joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2198  Edited By Spooty_Joe

I played an online game a few months ago and I can't remember the name. It was an mmo (not the kingdoms and magic type, just always multiplayer) and had a deathmatch gamemode, but there were other ones too. It was an 8-bit(ish) 2d platform thing that you had to have an account to have the full experience. If it helps, the player has a red shirt and blue pants, I think.

By the way, it isn't old arcade, and you didn't have to download it.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2199 Black_Knight_00

@coxbaigts said:

Ok guys, I'm really hopeful this thread can help me. I'm trying to remember twi old childhood games, PC or DOS (can't quite remember).

First, the one I least remember. It had something to do with a frog in a trenchcoat (not so sure) and a level involved spying the bad guys from behind trash cans. In sone part of the game you could become like a superhero.

The other was a sidescroller, the kind where your character automatically moves and you can only jump or hit a wall and go the other direction. The main goal was to get to Dracula's castle, and in the way you encountered vampires, mummies and werewolves. To defeat them, you had to gather weapons like crosses and silver bullets and you shot them at these enemies with the spacebar. Also you had to collect keys to open the gates at each level. Hope someone remembers it, I would be so grateful, thanks!!

Frog and superhero brings Superfrog to mind

Blanlahi123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2200  Edited By Blanlahi123

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@coxbaigts said:

Frog and superhero brings Superfrog to mind

Hi sorry if im annoying but im really excited about this game,so do you have any clue on it? :c