Official ''Can't remember the title of a game'' thread 2.0

#2001 Posted by Wistful_Gamer (18 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: I remembered the name. I was digging in my old stuff trying to remember and it just hit me suddenly, it's called Rubber Ninjas. Thanks.

#2002 Posted by amiroba (8 posts) -

HEY ALL i have been trying to find this game for a while now but i couldnt :(

this game is a soccer game and its like super shot soccer but its not .

its a 3D game , you can play with only 3 buttons i guess

every team has some special super powers for example :

when a brazilian player has a ball he can turn his leg to make kinda dust to the adversary cant take the ball , when he is close to the goal keeper he has a super shot its yellow and curving its almost impossible for the goal keeper to catch it .

i remember also that the german team having a super straight shot that the goal keeper of the adversary will enter with the ball into the net .

i think that italy has a super takle too.

ps: i played this game only on arcade games . plz help me find it its really a good game and i couldnt find it by using google so help me plz . and sorry for my english :)

#2003 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18799 posts) -

@amiroba said:

when a brazilian player has a ball he can turn his leg to make kinda dust to the adversary cant take the ball , when he is close to the goal keeper he has a super shot its yellow and curving its almost impossible for the goal keeper to catch it .

i remember also that the german team having a super straight shot that the goal keeper of the adversary will enter with the ball into the net .

ps: i played this game only on arcade games . plz help me find it its really a good game and i couldnt find it by using google so help me plz . and sorry for my english :)

There aren't that many 3D (polygon) soccer games in the arcades. Only Libero Grande and various Virtua Striker. The game you are looking for sounds like one of the tree Adidas Power Soccer games or one of the Captain Tsubasa games to me.

#2004 Posted by kingofmetal123 (8 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00:
it was a 90's PC game with the a playing system similar to Resident evil 3 or longest journey, in the game ur a guardian of the city, ur character gets infected by a disease when some rebels raid something like a temple a throw a recipient that forms a poisonous cloud on ur character

i remember the game pretty well but i still cant find it anywhere online lol

#2005 Edited by kingofmetal123 (8 posts) -

finnaly found the game, its the 1997 post-apocalyptic game "dark earth"

#2006 Posted by amiroba (8 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: thank you very much for your answer :) well its a 3D game just like libero grande but it has super powers too , it was famous that time idk why its almost impossible to me to find it with the best soccer games etc :(

#2007 Posted by JohnTheDude (10 posts) -

@amiroba said:

I remember such a game although it wasn't 3D, can't remember the name but it was a realy 90's game I think, had on PC back in 96-97 but the game was older I think, anyway it was something like you just described, although it was a 2D game and the view was from the side, you had different national teams and each had a different superpower, some had a supershot, some had a supertackle etc, superspeed etc, and you were also able to 'kill' players actually, they didn't die per say but they kinda got knocked out for a little while, lying on the pitch with open mouths and X X on their eyes, that could also happen with the goalie if he saves a supershot, and sometimes the supershots would knock out the players as well, but you had to charge up to get the special abilities before you could use although I remember I was able to use them several times during one match.

Like I said what you wrote kinda reminded me of this game, only it's a 2D, sideview, bit cartoonish game

#2008 Posted by amiroba (8 posts) -

@johnthedude said:

@amiroba said:

I remember such a game although it wasn't 3D, can't remember the name but it was a realy 90's game I think, had on PC back in 96-97 but the game was older I think, anyway it was something like you just described, although it was a 2D game and the view was from the side, you had different national teams and each had a different superpower, some had a supershot, some had a supertackle etc, superspeed etc, and you were also able to 'kill' players actually, they didn't die per say but they kinda got knocked out for a little while, lying on the pitch with open mouths and X X on their eyes, that could also happen with the goalie if he saves a supershot, and sometimes the supershots would knock out the players as well, but you had to charge up to get the special abilities before you could use although I remember I was able to use them several times during one match.

Like I said what you wrote kinda reminded me of this game, only it's a 2D, sideview, bit cartoonish game

maybe the game you're talking abt is the previous one who knows :p but thanks for answering me and i hope that ill find it soon :)

#2010 Posted by JohnTheDude (10 posts) -

@amiroba said:

@johnthedude said:

@amiroba said:

maybe the game you're talking abt is the previous one who knows :p but thanks for answering me and i hope that ill find it soon :)

Yeah I can't really remember the name of the game, I know I had it on PC and the old Nintendo with those big cassettes, or maybe it was Super Nintendo, can't really remember, it was some world cup like game I think, besides this and the info I gave earlier I can't remember anything else i'm afraid, oh now that it hit my mind, the players kinda looked like Joe from Family Guy, big face, big upper body, legs smaller

#2011 Posted by Dorches (8 posts) -

i'm trying to find an old pc game for windows 98, it was about an horse (Pegasus by Hercules) that must kills some monsters, the game was in 2d and divided in levels, it was my first game together to dangerous dave, duck hunt and others, it marked my childhood and i really need to remember the name, help please

#2012 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18799 posts) -

@dorches said:

i'm trying to find an old pc game for windows 98, it was about an horse (Pegasus by Hercules) that must kills some monsters, the game was in 2d and divided in levels, it was my first game together to dangerous dave, duck hunt and others, it marked my childhood and i really need to remember the name, help please

Sounds like Phelios

#2014 Posted by Dorches (8 posts) -

no it isnt...I remember that the game screen was fixed, and the enemies coming from the sides of the screen...the graphic was a little better

#2015 Edited by Dorches (8 posts) -

OMG I found it, yeaaaaahhhhhhh the name is : Disney Arcade's frenzy, t's a disc with 4 arcade games...my favourite was Hercules:flying frenzy...FANTASTIC ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWlyOXWMb1Y&feature=share&list=PLvXjz07qzZwgR8SzIQJec480-daFPnjVO&index=4

#2017 Edited by LegendMuffins (7 posts) -

Hey guys, alright so I decided to actually have the guts to post this since I'm a shy person and scared of the feedback from the internet..But eh. There's this one game on the PC which I played around 2008 or before that, I don't exactly remember but it's in the 2000s. The game was a 2D RPG, I exactly remember the beginning. This is how it goes, you're on a boat and it starts to crash into an island after you finish your character, there was a town when you go to the right from the boat crash. From there, I suppose there's a cave, and at the end there's a beautiful view on the cliff side. Other details I can give you is that you can get a house place it down anywhere and sell stuff in it for other players. One last thing, it's a small detail but I don't think much games have it. There's this waterfall, if you walk through it, there's a secret area with no monsters or anything. It has a rainbow coming out of the waterfall. Sorry if i didn't give good details..I'm not good at explaining but I tried, if anyone can help find the game I'm talking about with these details, I would be really glad.

#2018 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18799 posts) -

@legendmuffins said:

Hey guys, alright so I decided to actually have the guts to post this since I'm a shy person and scared of the feedback from the internet..But eh. There's this one game on the PC which I played around 2008 or before that, I don't exactly remember but it's in the 2000s. The game was a 2D RPG, I exactly remember the beginning. This is how it goes, you're on a boat and it starts to crash into an island after you finish your character, there was a town when you go to the right from the boat crash. From there, I suppose there's a cave, and at the end there's a beautiful view on the cliff side. Other details I can give you is that you can get a house place it down anywhere and sell stuff in it for other players. One last thing, it's a small detail but I don't think much games have it. There's this waterfall, if you walk through it, there's a secret area with no monsters or anything. It has a rainbow coming out of the waterfall. Sorry if i didn't give good details..I'm not good at explaining but I tried, if anyone can help find the game I'm talking about with these details, I would be really glad.

So it's a 2D top-down (or isometric?) RPG with character creation and beginning with a shipwreck. 2001-2009 time frame. Japanese RPG style of western RPG style? Also, that detail about you being able to sell stuff to other players makes me think it may be an MMO. Is that right?

#2019 Edited by SovietsUnited (2351 posts) -

Update on the shmup

By chance, I found the mission pack, and it really does have about 80 DOS space shooters
Here's a scan of the cover art:

It seems that the game I was looking for was Galactrix by Cygnus Software

#2020 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18799 posts) -

@SovietsUnited: Now that was obscure lol

#2021 Posted by LegendMuffins (7 posts) -

Uh yeah looked like a Japanese MMO game, but had English text on it. Sorry for less details ;-;

#2022 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18799 posts) -

@legendmuffins said:

Uh yeah looked like a Japanese MMO game, but had English text on it. Sorry for less details ;-;

Ah man. Needle in a haystack, I'm afraid. Japanese-style MMOs are a dime a dozen.

#2023 Edited by miscish (7 posts) -

Hello! Today i remembered an old pc game i used to play when i was like 7. I played it somewhere between 2005,2006. By the way it could have been much older than that, i have no idea what i was doing back then. Basically, it was a detective game. It was kind of isometric, or maybe the camera was like a birds view, i don't really remember. On the first, or only level of the game, you were in front of a block of flats or a hotel and you had to go to a crime scene in one of the apartments. You could drag the bodies and drop them and there were other people in the apartments. You could also take pictures. You had some options when you click on the body like dragging was a big white hand and the taking of a photo was a camera i think. Also if you went in some drak place right of the map a man with a club would hit you and you would die i think, not sure thogh. I hope this was as much detail as you guys needI think i played it on win xp, buy i'm not quite sure. Back then i didn't know the difference. At that time i remember playing games like delta force, fifa 2002 wc, red alert 2 i think and something like NFS, butthe cars didn't have wheels :D you had a big bar of health at the bottom of the screen. Hope i was helpful! Cheers

#2024 Posted by SovietsUnited (2351 posts) -

@miscish said:

Hello! Today i remembered an old pc game i used to play when i was like 7. I played it somewhere between 2005,2006. By the way it could have been much older than that, i have no idea what i was doing back then. Basically, it was a detective game. It was kind of isometric, or maybe the camera was like a birds view, i don't really remember. On the first, or only level of the game, you were in front of a block of flats or a hotel and you had to go to a crime scene in one of the apartments. You could drag the bodies and drop them and there were other people in the apartments. You could also take pictures. You had some options when you click on the body like dragging was a big white hand and the taking of a photo was a camera i think. Also if you went in some drak place right of the map a man with a club would hit you and you would die i think, not sure thogh. I hope this was as much detail as you guys needI think i played it on win xp, buy i'm not quite sure. Back then i didn't know the difference. At that time i remember playing games like delta force, fifa 2002 wc, red alert 2 i think and something like NFS, butthe cars didn't have wheels :D you had a big bar of health at the bottom of the screen. Hope i was helpful! Cheers

Here's a wild guess, Chicago 1930?

#2025 Posted by KellyMN (6 posts) -

Hi guys, sorry for not much detail but here goes! Looking for a game which was multiplayer - can't remember the platform but probably PS1/2. You were these small fat people I think, (want to say ninjas but not sure) and the scenes changed but specifically there was at least one Chinese theme. Anyway you played as these characters and the screen was constantly moving (you died if you didn't catch up) and all I remember is jumping over buildings and through houses and probably trying to knock your opponent off the side?!

Wish I could remember more...

#2026 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18799 posts) -

@kellymn said:

Hi guys, sorry for not much detail but here goes! Looking for a game which was multiplayer - can't remember the platform but probably PS1/2. You were these small fat people I think, (want to say ninjas but not sure) and the scenes changed but specifically there was at least one Chinese theme. Anyway you played as these characters and the screen was constantly moving (you died if you didn't catch up) and all I remember is jumping over buildings and through houses and probably trying to knock your opponent off the side?!

Wish I could remember more...

So it's a strategy game? How many of these fat dudes do you control at once? How long ago did you play it?

#2027 Posted by miscish (7 posts) -

Hey SovietsUnited, thank you! I am pretty sure this is the game because i remember on the right you could choose who to be i think. But i have another question: Are there games super similar to this one or does it have expansions, other parts or versions? Oh yeah and thanks again :)

#2028 Posted by SovietsUnited (2351 posts) -

@miscish said:

Hey SovietsUnited, thank you! I am pretty sure this is the game because i remember on the right you could choose who to be i think. But i have another question: Are there games super similar to this one or does it have expansions, other parts or versions? Oh yeah and thanks again :)

There are games with identical gameplay but in a different setting, such as Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood and Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive; check out some of the gameplay vids

#2029 Posted by cveld (7 posts) -

Hi there,

I am looking for a game that I have played in the past, early 90s. When I was googling the internet I tried searching for "vga, msdos, puzzle, big pieces, ancient, egypt" and I thought I found the game: Challenge of the Ancient Empires. Unfortunately, this wasn't the case. So my quest continues. Can anybody help?

It was around the same time as Lost vikings, maybe a bit later than Challenge of the Ancient Empires. 1 person puzzle platform game. Very engaging vga graphics, nice adlib/soundblaster tunes. Maybe it was a bit more of an educational game and not much of an action platformer? Can't remember. Most discriminating feature were the big puzzle pieces you had to drag across the screen, remarkably fluently for that time. I believe it was controlled by mouse.

Of what I can remember it had an ancient, egyptian or aztec setting, with lots of temples, statues, etc.

To summarize:

- Timeframe: early/mid 90's

- Keywords: vga, msdos, puzzle platformer, big pieces, ancient, egypt, aztec, 2d game, male protagonist, pc, adlib/soundblaster

Hope anybody can help?

Regards, Carl

#2030 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18799 posts) -

@cveld: My first thought was Rick Dangerous, but it doesn't fit. It probably was an edutainment game.

#2031 Edited by ijnazyo (6 posts) -

Hi everybody,

about 7 years ago I used to play with my lil brother (so it had the divided screen option at least for two players) a motorcycle game.

It was for ps2, and it was very similar from the MotoGp games but I remember that I could play if I chose, with weird motorbikes (for example a big pink one) and in strange tracks that were almost infinite. I don't remember if this was with or without cheats. It didnt have motocross motorbikes or tracks only gp.

Thanks in advance.

#2032 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18799 posts) -

@ijnazyo said:

Hi everybody,

about 7 years ago I used to play with my lil brother (so it had the divided screen option at least for two players) a motorcycle game.

It was for ps2, and it was very similar from the MotoGp games but I remember that I could play if I chose, with weird motorbikes (for example a big pink one) and in strange tracks that were almost infinite. I don't remember if this was with or without cheats. It didnt have motocross motorbikes or tracks only gp.

Thanks in advance.

Try going through this short list. You'll find it.

#2033 Edited by NaV_09 (7 posts) -

@legendmuffins:

maybe your are referring to wonderland online?? the start with a shipwreck after you create a char, and you get a tent where in you could place it anywhere and sell stuffs.

here's the link wl.igg.com/main.php

#2034 Edited by Recreatorz (7 posts) -

Hello. There is a game i used to play a lot as a kid, now im 19 but i cannot remember anything about when i played it. All i remember is it had something to do with demons you could summon if you collected all their stones (some stones were actually pretty hard to obtain). Its a game also released for PC (cant think of other consoles, maybe ps 2) and i think the title had something to do with "devil" or "soul" or something like that. First time you start the game you start with a really strong ?flying? demon (or spirit) that you lose soon after and its the last summon you unlock. I think it also used to count the hit streak at the right of the screen, where it also counted your summon attacks. I remember all enemies were very ugly demon looking things (i think some looked like over grown grasshoppers) and i'm pretty sure the player was using a sword. All the game had a devil may cry concept (i think) and i remember the last 2 bosses were in a row, one male (who i think was the main players friend or main enemy), (i remember blood running on a sword in the cut scene while killing him) and the last boss was a female (i think of green as main colour, who was also flying arround). Is there anyone here who this game sounds familiar to? If so please let me know! Thank you! :)
P.S. The whole game was solo i think and you could also level up your summons

#2035 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18799 posts) -

@recreatorz said:

Hello. There is a game i used to play a lot as a kid, now im 19 but i cannot remember anything about when i played it. All i remember is it had something to do with demons you could summon if you collected all their stones (some stones were actually pretty hard to obtain). Its a game also released for PC (cant think of other consoles, maybe ps 2) and i think the title had something to do with "devil" or "soul" or something like that. First time you start the game you start with a really strong ?flying? demon (or spirit) that you lose soon after and its the last summon you unlock. I think it also used to count the hit streak at the right of the screen, where it also counted your summon attacks. I remember all enemies were very ugly demon looking things (i think some looked like over grown grasshoppers) and i'm pretty sure the player was using a sword. All the game had a devil may cry concept (i think) and i remember the last 2 bosses were in a row, one male (who i think was the main players friend or main enemy), (i remember blood running on a sword in the cut scene while killing him) and the last boss was a female (i think of green as main colour, who was also flying arround). Is there anyone here who this game sounds familiar to? If so please let me know! Thank you! :)

Try:

Forgotten Realms - Demon Stone

#2036 Posted by Recreatorz (7 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@recreatorz said:

Try:

Forgotten Realms - Demon Stone

Remembered it, Chaos Legion :D Ty!

#2037 Edited by laurenmutwa (7 posts) -

hello, i really need help (my friend said to post here to ask) i am looking for a hunting game, i do not know the name and i want to know if anyone knows. i only remember so much, i was just a little girl. the cover was black and there were glowing green animal eyes. the eyes were almost cartoon eyes, but they looked scary (they did to a 5 year old kid of course). the animals on the cover were a rabbit and a bear. now, the actual game: the game had two modes you could pick; one was just a normal, realistic looking hunting part. now the other part was cartoon stylized, but the rules were different, the animals hunted you. the animals also looked very scary looking, i remember that you started in a little shack in the mountains. the map of the cartooned part was rocky looking and stuff.

edit: was around 2004 maybe 2006, i dont remember.

also was a PC game.

#2038 Posted by Cyonite (6 posts) -

Hey guys i have been trying to find this game for a while, and the details might be a bit fuzzy as i haven't played it since i was a kid at my friends house (my dad wouldn't download it for me as it was too "violent")

It was a team based sword fighting online game for pc, mid to later 2000's (i think) i remember playing with a friend at his house. one gametype was an attack/defend gametype but the defending team looked like a weak militia while the attackers looked like big brutish bodybuilders wearing harnesses and had like a sword for an arm... or maybe a cannon arm? (yea i'm never going to find this game) The buildings could be destroyed in this game type. I also remember there were monkey npcs that had staves that you could kill outside of the starting villages for both teams.. and this is obscure but i remember one of the install images was of one of these monkeys getting killed by the player and the blood spraying in the air. The monkeys were usually inside little forests or next to bodies of water... (I know, obscure)

I wanna say the name was one word, but i could be wrong. Thanks!

#2039 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18799 posts) -
@laurenmutwa said:

hello, i really need help (my friend said to post here to ask) i am looking for a hunting game, i do not know the name and i want to know if anyone knows. i only remember so much, i was just a little girl. the cover was black and there were glowing green animal eyes. the eyes were almost cartoon eyes, but they looked scary (they did to a 5 year old kid of course). the animals on the cover were a rabbit and a bear. now, the actual game: the game had two modes you could pick; one was just a normal, realistic looking hunting part. now the other part was cartoon stylized, but the rules were different, the animals hunted you. the animals also looked very scary looking, i remember that you started in a little shack in the mountains. the map of the cartooned part was rocky looking and stuff.

edit: was around 2004 maybe 2006, i dont remember.

also was a PC game.

The imaginatively named 2006 game Hunt

#2040 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18799 posts) -
@cyonite said:

Hey guys i have been trying to find this game for a while, and the details might be a bit fuzzy as i haven't played it since i was a kid at my friends house (my dad wouldn't download it for me as it was too "violent")

It was a team based sword fighting online game for pc, mid to later 2000's (i think) i remember playing with a friend at his house. one gametype was an attack/defend gametype but the defending team looked like a weak militia while the attackers looked like big brutish bodybuilders wearing harnesses and had like a sword for an arm... or maybe a cannon arm? (yea i'm never going to find this game) The buildings could be destroyed in this game type. I also remember there were monkey npcs that had staves that you could kill outside of the starting villages for both teams.. and this is obscure but i remember one of the install images was of one of these monkeys getting killed by the player and the blood spraying in the air. The monkeys were usually inside little forests or next to bodies of water... (I know, obscure)

I wanna say the name was one word, but i could be wrong. Thanks!

Is it an MMO?

#2041 Edited by NaV_09 (7 posts) -

Hi Guys,

ive been looking for the name of this game, ive played this game in an arcade around year 2000-2003 i think it's a side scrolling game where in, one of the character throws lots and lots of boomerang as its weapon. there are also bossess in each stage. i think the char is an elf or a dwarf. the background is somewhat a forest i think. this was somewhat like fantasy or something.

i hope you could help me guys thanks

#2042 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18799 posts) -

@nav_09 said:

Hi Guys,

ive been looking for the name of this game, ive played this game in an arcade around year 2000-2003 i think it's a side scrolling game where in, one of the character throws lots and lots of boomerang as its weapon. there are also bossess in each stage. i think the char is an elf or a dwarf. the background is somewhat a forest i think. this was somewhat like fantasy or something.

i hope you could help me guys thanks

Sounds like Three Wonders, the Midnight Wanderers section.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxClDHEPjGI

#2044 Posted by ImaTruth_Seeker (7 posts) -

Hey!

This isn't much info but it's as much as i can remember

-Third person game

-Robot world(I think)

-Story starts with you waking up in a club and a human doctor(I think its human, idk) starts talking to you

-You could disguise yourself as any robot (from certain locations)

-You could fly spaceships.....

-And I think there was gun combat ..

pls help ;_;

#2047 Posted by eh9000 (7 posts) -

Okay so I can't remember what this game was called!!

- You were a girl archer (bow/arrow)

- The girl wore I think green leather armor? (or maybe she had green hair idk)

- You fought in a toy-like-land (I remember like chocolate buildings or something with tons of candy)

- I remember toy-soldiers that you fought against

- It was on the Playstation (either 1 or 2)

#2048 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18799 posts) -

@imatruth_seeker said:

Hey!

This isn't much info but it's as much as i can remember

-Third person game

-Robot world(I think)

-Story starts with you waking up in a club and a human doctor(I think its human, idk) starts talking to you

-You could disguise yourself as any robot (from certain locations)

-You could fly spaceships.....

-And I think there was gun combat ..

pls help ;_;

American McGee's Scrapland

#2049 Posted by ImaTruth_Seeker (7 posts) -

You are my hero ! :* <3

#2050 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18799 posts) -

@imatruth_seeker said:

You are my hero ! :* <3

You're welcome ;)