Official ''Can't remember the title of a game'' thread 2.0

#1951 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18262 posts) -

@tim5201 said:

Hi! I've been looking a racing game. It was released around 2000 on PC, probably from 1998~2003. It has the style of Nascar and runs formal racing tracks, but Im pretty sure it's not nascar. I remember it provides a special camera view that allows me to see the suspension system and tires. The cars can be customized and have damage system also. the whole menu style looks a lot like Gran Turismo. Please help me! THANKS!!!!!

TOCA? TOCA Race Driver (aka "Pro Race Driver" in the US)?

#1952 Edited by Theremin84 (7 posts) -

Hi everyone. I'm looking for a PC game, which runs on MS DOS from begin 90's I think. But it can also be from the late 80's. It's a 2D sidescroller in which the player controls a little king in a purple robe (he reminded me of a Lemming from Lemmings, but a bit bigger and with pink skin). He had blonde hair, a silver crown and in his hand a silver sceptre. Probably usable in some sort of way, but since I played it as a kid (English is not my native language) I couldn't figure out what to do at all in the game. All I remember it was called something like Pandemonia or Pandemonium. There were no enemies (at least not in the first part of the game), only a couple of locked doors. One of them contained a princess I think. Oh, and I think one controls the little king by mouse, but I'm not sure.

It's NOT Pandemonium! by Crystal Dynamics. The game I'm talking about is way older.

Any suggestions???

#1953 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18262 posts) -

Hi everyone. I'm looking for a PC game, which runs on MS DOS from begin 90's I think. But it can also be from the late 80's. It's a 2D sidescroller in which the player controls a little king in a purple robe (he reminded me of a Lemming from Lemmings, but a bit bigger and with pink skin). He had blonde hair, a silver crown and in his hand a silver sceptre. Probably usable in some sort of way, but since I played it as a kid (English is not my native language) I couldn't figure out what to do at all in the game. All I remember it was called something like Pandemonia or Pandemonium. There were no enemies (at least not in the first part of the game), only a couple of locked doors. One of them contained a princess I think. Oh, and I think one controls the little king by mouse, but I'm not sure.

It's NOT Pandemonium! by Crystal Dynamics. The game I'm talking about is way older.

Any suggestions???

So it's a point and click adventure?

#1954 Edited by Theremin84 (7 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: Not sure, it's about twenty years ago since I played it. I can't remember... It felt more like some sort of puzzle platformer, I recall (vague).

#1955 Edited by ninjashinobu123 (7 posts) -

Hi, I am searching for game where you controled cannon in the middle of isle what was surounded by water.Your goal was to sink enemy ships what come from all directions, You used mouse to shoot canonballs and to catch enemy canonballs so they didnt hit your isle. I remember that there were some upades like purchase white shark that swimmed around and sinked randomly ships, or purchasing some fire canonballs. I played game on windows xp before 5 or maybe 7 years. Anybody knows its name? It was freeware game.

#1956 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18262 posts) -

@ninjashinobu123 said:

Hi, I am searching for game where you controled cannon in the middle of isle what was surounded by water.Your goal was to sink enemy ships what come from all directions, You used mouse to shoot canonballs and to catch enemy canonballs so they didnt hit your isle. I remember that there were some upades like purchase white shark that swimmed around and sinked randomly ships, or purchasing some fire canonballs. I played game on windows xp before 5 or maybe 7 years. Anybody knows its name?

Flash game, freeware game or actual retail game?

#1957 Posted by ray_007 (6 posts) -

Arcade game similar to Street fighter 1985-1990.

It had only 2 playable character similar to Cody and Guy from Final Fight. Unlike like street fighter characters could move up and down on stage and once you have defeated the opponent you would move on to next match. Other things i remember are there was an ''ohh yea'' sound whenever a coin was inserted, also after a win and girl would come up and give a kiss/trophy to character plus the cpu/2p controlled guy would be carried away by an ambulance. If you need more details I can try to think but for the moment I can only think of this much info.

#1958 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18262 posts) -

@ray_007 said:

Arcade game similar to Street fighter 1985-1990.

It had only 2 playable character similar to Cody and Guy from Final Fight. Unlike like street fighter characters could move up and down on stage and once you have defeated the opponent you would move on to next match. Other things i remember are there was an ''ohh yea'' sound whenever a coin was inserted, also after a win and girl would come up and give a kiss/trophy to character plus the cpu/2p controlled guy would be carried away by an ambulance. If you need more details I can try to think but for the moment I can only think of this much info.

Street Smart

#1959 Posted by davepuhrrez (6 posts) -

Hello everyone. So there was this game y played when I was around 8 years old. This may have happened between 1998-2000, I dont remember. The game might have been released before then. I was on a bus ride from one state to another. In the bus station there was one of those video arcade machines that had a semi-circle board with 4 joysticks, for 4 player games. I dont remember much game play but, I do remember that it was an adventure kind of game. The players would go on journey fighting things. There were several players with different races you could choose and they were all small. There was an elf or fairy kind of reace for sure. I think there was a barbaric melee kind of fighter and some sort of elementalist. One iconic thing is that on one stage they were all traveling through the trees. Peoples houses were built upon the trees with ropes and vines. There were vine and wood briges. Here you would fight some sort of like pirate or bandit enemies. One of the bosses you had to fight was a spider and the floor on that stage was a giant web. That is about all I can remember from the game. Thank you.

#1960 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18262 posts) -

Hello everyone. So there was this game y played when I was around 8 years old. This may have happened between 1998-2000, I dont remember. The game might have been released before then. I was on a bus ride from one state to another. In the bus station there was one of those video arcade machines that had a semi-circle board with 4 joysticks, for 4 player games. I dont remember much game play but, I do remember that it was an adventure kind of game. The players would go on journey fighting things. There were several players with different races you could choose and they were all small. There was an elf or fairy kind of reace for sure. I think there was a barbaric melee kind of fighter and some sort of elementalist. One iconic thing is that on one stage they were all traveling through the trees. Peoples houses were built upon the trees with ropes and vines. There were vine and wood briges. Here you would fight some sort of like pirate or bandit enemies. One of the bosses you had to fight was a spider and the floor on that stage was a giant web. That is about all I can remember from the game. Thank you.

Gauntlet Dark Legacy

#1961 Edited by ninjashinobu123 (7 posts) -
#1962 Posted by HydroReaver (7 posts) -

Hi guys, there was this browser based MMO I played a while back that I want to pick back up, but apparently it's popularity has gone down tenfold since I left it. The company had a few games similar to it. It is a 2D game. Basically, you would set up a base in space (space base :D) and you'd have to connect it all up and begin to manage things in it. In other words, build buildings and a fleet of ships. Another game the company made is similar, only your base was set in a desert type area (from memory) on a war torn earth and you got units like mechs.

Thanks!

#1964 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18262 posts) -

Hi guys, there was this browser based MMO I played a while back that I want to pick back up, but apparently it's popularity has gone down tenfold since I left it. The company had a few games similar to it. It is a 2D game. Basically, you would set up a base in space (space base :D) and you'd have to connect it all up and begin to manage things in it. In other words, build buildings and a fleet of ships. Another game the company made is similar, only your base was set in a desert type area (from memory) on a war torn earth and you got units like mechs.

Thanks!

Tradewars Rising

#1966 Edited by HydroReaver (7 posts) -
#1967 Edited by Ronnerbbq (8 posts) -

Ok time for me,

Pc win 95/98 mabye even xp

2d platformer with sandbox elements as building your own map with the game's recourses, lava , water, trampolines and (powerups?) were available too use.

You could assign different colors of players ( which we never got working )

Basicly like Linerider but with blocks

Love your input guys, been having a conversation with my friend about it all week.

#1968 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18262 posts) -

Ok time for me,

Pc win 95/98 mabye even xp

2d platformer with sandbox elements as building your own map with the game's recourses, lava , water, trampolines and (powerups?) were available too use.

You could assign different colors of players ( which we never got working )

Basicly like Linerider but with blocks

Love your input guys, been having a conversation with my friend about it all week.

Try Liero Extreme and Castle of Elite

#1969 Edited by Ronnerbbq (8 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: Unfortunally it wasn't either of them, keep em comming if you know any other!

To continue what I vaguely remember, A yellow character, blobb like 3d -ish sprite in a 2d game.

Background a cave like setting, a menu to choose what you'd like to build, grass, stone, lava, water ou then play

the course you build etcetc.

90 % sure windows 98

#1970 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18262 posts) -

@ronnerbbq said:

@Black_Knight_00: Unfortunally it wasn't either of them, keep em comming if you know any other!

To continue what I vaguely remember, A yellow character, blobb like 3d -ish sprite in a 2d game.

Background a cave like setting, a menu to choose what you'd like to build, grass, stone, lava, water ou then play

the course you build etcetc.

90 % sure windows 98

Speedy Eggbert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV-2RUseCys

#1971 Posted by Ronnerbbq (8 posts) -
#1972 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18262 posts) -
#1973 Posted by laiozatt (6 posts) -

so, a 2d game from windows dos/95/98 where u controlled a witch (i think), and her spells were to simply COPY a square near (stairs/brick/etc) and to paste it into another block, i think the objective was to reach somewhere, was like a puzzle game, i couldnt find it anywhere, if someone can help, id be glad to find it =D, thx.

#1974 Posted by CymrychHughs (6 posts) -

Hello. I am not sure if this game was already asked about but I figured I would give it a try. It was either PS2 or possibly 1. I believe it was an old rpg that had some good cinematics. All I remember is that in the very beginning of the game it opens into two friends creating a plane. The one guy gets into the plane and the other releases it. The plane moves quickly down a very large ramp to get speed and then ramps off of the end to go flying. Eventually you use the plane to go to another land. Sorry for the lack of information but if anyone could help I would be grateful.

#1975 Edited by ifos (6 posts) -

Hi guys

I'm trying to find a game I played a couple of Times with a friend, it would have been about 2006 so game probably 02-06, it was a strategy game of sorts. It seemed like a cross between age of empires 2 and the later civilisation games in that the game play was base building but it had the timespan of civilization I remember having old

Sailing ships of the line and also ww2 destroyers. There were nations like Britain which had hms victory, Germans that did not need to build houses to raise population cap, and there was no limit to the unit count.

I had thought it was called axis and allies but that seems to be ww2 only.

Thanks in advance, Kyle

#1976 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18262 posts) -

@ifos said:

Hi guys

I'm trying to find a game I played a couple of Times with a friend, it would have been about 2006 so game probably 02-06, it was a strategy game of sorts. It seemed like a cross between age of empires 2 and the later civilisation games in that the game play was base building but it had the timespan of civilization I remember having old

Sailing ships of the line and also ww2 destroyers. There were nations like Britain which had hms victory, Germans that did not need to build houses to raise population cap, and there was no limit to the unit count.

I had thought it was called axis and allies but that seems to be ww2 only.

Thanks in advance, Kyle

Rise of Nations?

#1977 Posted by CJGajkowski (6 posts) -

It was a PC game like Civilization with the ability to research missile shield, and more than 1 ICBM,

This was maybe about 4-5 years ago.

#1978 Posted by JohnTheDude (10 posts) -

Top of the mornin all

There are three games that suddenly hit my mind right now that I just can't remember the names of.

The first game I can't quite put my finger on was a PC game, RC racing type game, the view was sort of a shoulder view, you saw everything from like left in the corner, some details I remember is that you could pick between 4 different types of Cars, from smaller fast cars to a monster truck, and as you won points based on which position you came in and you could upgrade your rc cars, I also remember there being a Herbie car there as well, this i'm not totally sure of but I think you could pick up and shoot rockets at the other cars, another thing I remember one map, it was in a backyard and you had to be careful near a corner cause there was a dog house and the dog would come out and bite you if you came to close to the house, I played this game around 2000-2001 on Windows ME, oh also when you exited the game it would show some clips of other games the company made, one was a minigolf game and the other was a pool game with exploding balls and stuff, I really can't remember this game.

The second game I played on my PSOne around 1998, don't remember much details about this but it was about a cat and a dog, an investigative duo, don't remember what the point was but I do remember you could either play solo and choose one of the characters while AI controlled the other or you and a friend could play together, this was also a view from left in the corner, sorta like the old Sims games where you had like a corner view if you get my drift, anyway I remember you could pick up upgrades for your weapons and shoot different types of ammo, I remember this one area was a outdoors hockey arena where you could pick up an upgrade where you shoot rubber balls that bounce of the wall, not sure when this game was made because my brother borrowed it from a friend but it was around 1998 that I played it a little.

The last game is also a PSOne game, it's a football/soccer game, I remember you could choose a team from the English, Spanish, French and Italian leagues, maybe there were more but these I remember, and you could play like a season mode where if you won against a team you could after the game, if you wanted, pick players from your own team and then pick players from the other team and trade them, so let's say I play with Man Utd against Juventus and win, I could for example choose Dwight Yorke and switch him with Del Piero so Del Piero plays for me and Yorke for Juventus.

I've tried looking around for these games but I haven't had much luck on the internet, maybe the stuff i remember from the games aren't enough but hopefully someone here has a clue to what games i'm talking about, in advance thank you!

#1979 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18262 posts) -

@johnthedude said:

Top of the mornin all

There are three games that suddenly hit my mind right now that I just can't remember the names of.

The first game I can't quite put my finger on was a PC game, RC racing type game, the view was sort of a shoulder view, you saw everything from like left in the corner, some details I remember is that you could pick between 4 different types of Cars, from smaller fast cars to a monster truck, and as you won points based on which position you came in and you could upgrade your rc cars, I also remember there being a Herbie car there as well, this i'm not totally sure of but I think you could pick up and shoot rockets at the other cars, another thing I remember one map, it was in a backyard and you had to be careful near a corner cause there was a dog house and the dog would come out and bite you if you came to close to the house, I played this game around 2000-2001 on Windows ME, oh also when you exited the game it would show some clips of other games the company made, one was a minigolf game and the other was a pool game with exploding balls and stuff, I really can't remember this game.

The second game I played on my PSOne around 1998, don't remember much details about this but it was about a cat and a dog, an investigative duo, don't remember what the point was but I do remember you could either play solo and choose one of the characters while AI controlled the other or you and a friend could play together, this was also a view from left in the corner, sorta like the old Sims games where you had like a corner view if you get my drift, anyway I remember you could pick up upgrades for your weapons and shoot different types of ammo, I remember this one area was a outdoors hockey arena where you could pick up an upgrade where you shoot rubber balls that bounce of the wall, not sure when this game was made because my brother borrowed it from a friend but it was around 1998 that I played it a little.

The last game is also a PSOne game, it's a football/soccer game, I remember you could choose a team from the English, Spanish, French and Italian leagues, maybe there were more but these I remember, and you could play like a season mode where if you won against a team you could after the game, if you wanted, pick players from your own team and then pick players from the other team and trade them, so let's say I play with Man Utd against Juventus and win, I could for example choose Dwight Yorke and switch him with Del Piero so Del Piero plays for me and Yorke for Juventus.

I've tried looking around for these games but I haven't had much luck on the internet, maybe the stuff i remember from the games aren't enough but hopefully someone here has a clue to what games i'm talking about, in advance thank you!

#Your second one is Firo and Klawd

-----------------------------------

#Your first one. Try:

- Little Racers STREET

- 3D Ultra Radio Control Racers

- Hot Wheels: Bash Arena

-Mini Car Racing

-Deadly Racer

-Rally Championship

-Race Mania

---------------------------------

#Your third one.

It could be any of the FIFA, Actua Soccer, This is Football, ISS Pro Evolution...

In fact, just patiently go through this list and you'll find it.

#1980 Edited by cluedo97 (6 posts) -

2d game, 2013-2014 release on steam, I think it was something about a scientist and how the world is going to end or already has and one guy is trying to figure it out. don't remember if this is the same game but it might have had multiple characters. it had a dark feeling too it as I saw. hope someone can find this game until the steam summer sale has ended. great thanks :D

I think i just find the game it's called Resonance http://store.steampowered.com/app/212050/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_6

#1981 Posted by JohnTheDude (10 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: Yeah that was the game, Firo and Klawd, haven't seen that game in years, thanks!

As for the RC game it was none of those i'm afraid, I remember a few more details, it was only 4 cars racing during a round, and after racing 8 maps a winner was declared but you could start over with the upgrades you've had from before, also one map was a real dirty map with mud and a lot of turns, another map reminded of a minigolf course with water puddles, a windmill you could drive through, oh and I remember some of the cars better now, one was a monster truck like which when you turned all four wheels turned so you got a better turn with that car, then there was a smaller one, pretty fast, looks like one of those one seat sand cars, can't remember what they're called, almost like those dragster cars but not quite like that, and then there was a VW Beetle type car, on of the cars you eventually race is a car like that with a Herbie paint job.

As for the football/soccer game it could be it, I tried FA Premier League All Stars 2001 but it wasn't it, think it could be the 2000 version cause I remember you could pick and choose the opponents players if you won but in the 2001 version you gather up stars which you use to offer for players so it wasn't that, hopefully it's the 2000 version.

Anyways thanks a lot for the help, I finally found the Firo and Klawd game after all these years!

#1982 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18262 posts) -
#1983 Edited by marlobc (801 posts) -

Ok so there is one game i am trying to find since 1 year

- Played as a demo between 1999-2004

- Had 'urban' in its name

- Future setting

- Remember driving a futuristic airplane

- I think publisher of this game was well known

- Futuristic guns , lasers ..

- played on pc

thats all i know :(

#1984 Posted by JohnTheDude (10 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: It was 3D, if you check that Mini Car Racing video you posted, it was kinda like that and you saw from that angle too

#1985 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18262 posts) -

@marlobc said:

Ok so there is one game i am trying to find since 1 year

- Played as a demo between 1999-2004

- Had 'urban' in its name

- Future setting

- Remember driving a futuristic airplane

- I think publisher of this game was well known

- Futuristic guns , lasers ..

- played on pc

thats all i know :(

Urban Assault

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnROcp5tmBk

#1986 Edited by marlobc (801 posts) -
#1987 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18262 posts) -
#1988 Posted by birdbearfrog (7 posts) -

There was a game, I really don't remember how long ago it was made... It definitely had to be before 2006. I have no idea if it was for n64 or playstation or even ps3 It's so foggy to me... I remember there was a village and you were able to talk to people and stuff. The more you did outside the big open space, the bigger the village would grow. I remember there being this one npc you had to help named macho or something and you had to find his weights so he can build his gym or whatever. I loved that game but I just can't remember where or when I played it... Please help! Thanks in advance.

#1989 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18262 posts) -

There was a game, I really don't remember how long ago it was made... It definitely had to be before 2006. I have no idea if it was for n64 or playstation or even ps3 It's so foggy to me... I remember there was a village and you were able to talk to people and stuff. The more you did outside the big open space, the bigger the village would grow. I remember there being this one npc you had to help named macho or something and you had to find his weights so he can build his gym or whatever. I loved that game but I just can't remember where or when I played it... Please help! Thanks in advance.

What genre of game is it?

#1990 Posted by birdbearfrog (7 posts) -
#1991 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18262 posts) -
#1992 Edited by senan3 (15 posts) -

Hi guys,

does anyone know of a game where a father has a 6 years old daughter that died in an accident (NOT a car accident), i don't know which console was it in or any other details but it would mean a lot if anyone has an idea

#1993 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18262 posts) -

@senan3 said:

Hi guys,

does anyone know of a game where a father has a 6 years old daughter that died in an accident (NOT a car accident), i don't know which console was it in or any other details but it would mean a lot if anyone has an idea

Too vague

#1994 Posted by senan3 (15 posts) -
#1995 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18262 posts) -

@senan3 said:

@Black_Knight_00: i know >< its ok, thanks anyway :)

Maybe if you added what genre of game it was, what camera angle it had, when you played it... it would be possible to find.

Unless someone else told you about it and that's all you got, of course.

#1996 Posted by kingofmetal123 (8 posts) -

hey guys i've been busting my head for the past months about a 90's game if im not mistaken

it was a game with a dark green cover and a face. the story is about an apocalypse i think and the whole world went to darkness except for the 1 place where u play the character, that character wich gets sick and slowly becomes a monster through the game.

the game starts with u and ur wife in bed waking up in the morning. i might be wrong but the name had something to do with "dark" or "darkness" and i cant find it anywhere.

if anyone could help me i would really appreciate :)

#1997 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18262 posts) -

hey guys i've been busting my head for the past months about a 90's game if im not mistaken

it was a game with a dark green cover and a face. the story is about an apocalypse i think and the whole world went to darkness except for the 1 place where u play the character, that character wich gets sick and slowly becomes a monster through the game.

the game starts with u and ur wife in bed waking up in the morning. i might be wrong but the name had something to do with "dark" or "darkness" and i cant find it anywhere.

if anyone could help me i would really appreciate :)

System and genre?

#1998 Posted by Wistful_Gamer (18 posts) -

There was a game I used to play with my cousin. I thought it was called Mini Ninjas but then I found out that there's another game called that. It's fighting game, both characters start in a spherical arena and there's no ground or gravity you are floating in what looks like a big ball. Each one moves his character and tries to hit the other one with his hand or leg while avoiding getting hit. You hit by moving your character and doing flips and such moves trying to land a hit.

I think the game was called Ninja something, but I'm not sure.

#1999 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18262 posts) -

There was a game I used to play with my cousin. I thought it was called Mini Ninjas but then I found out that there's another game called that. It's fighting game, both characters start in a spherical arena and there's no ground or gravity you are floating in what looks like a big ball. Each one moves his character and tries to hit the other one with his hand or leg while avoiding getting hit. You hit by moving your character and doing flips and such moves trying to land a hit.

I think the game was called Ninja something, but I'm not sure.

System and time frame?

#2000 Edited by Wistful_Gamer (18 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: I was playing it on PC, and it was released in 2005~2010, in that range. Unfortunately, that's all I can remember about it.