Official ''Can't remember the title of a game'' thread 2.0

#1801 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (19041 posts) -

@patrickraoul93 said:

There is this old arcade game that i remember playing. its somewhat like 5 D game or something. I play as a single soldier character and carry out a rescue mission on the ship. at the beginning of the game, they will give 3 ways to get on the ship, by swimming, by motor boat, of by parachute. And I would get to fight the bad guys. at some point of the game where it is crucial, it would autoplay in a slowmotion, like in movie and ask me to tap a button as fast as I can and as many times as I can.(cool feature of the game where, if i pull it off, I get to beat the boss in one shot without having to face him and fight a tough battle).

And thats not the only cool thing. there was one point where i get to fight the rampaging octopus that was knocked into the ship. I really want to know the name and so If anyone knows, and replys, thanks in advance!!!

Dynamite Cop

#1802 Posted by Sandmand12 (49 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: Thanks man!,i really missed this game!

#1803 Posted by richardclark19 (14 posts) -

alright! Here`s One I used to play a game as a kid on my pc with a KGEN 98 installed on it. It was a game where the characters were used in a world dominated by monsters you could level up. Them main character were one girl and two male characters in the start and the girl is stronger from the start but she dies in the start and we get a replacement new character for her I used to play that old game a lot and felt like giving it a try again but could not remember the name.

#1804 Posted by kukirijan (8 posts) -

People help! This pc game is about from year 2000 or lower. It is about a fat guy whit a line of his ass peeking from his shorts. I think that in first level you are driving a car, it is a 2d game. Icon on desktop was his head. I think that his combination of clothes are red and blue, but i am not sure. I think that he has friend that is a scientist, and you travel from planet to planet and fight, i think some ghost. Everything is confused in my head, because i played this game long long ago. Ill add some more descriptions if i remeber something new. Im hoping that somebody will tell me the name of this game. And yes, i think that the name of the game is the name of main character, that fat guy :)))) thanks!

#1805 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19041 posts) -

@richardclark19 said:

alright! Here`s One I used to play a game as a kid on my pc with a KGEN 98 installed on it. It was a game where the characters were used in a world dominated by monsters you could level up. Them main character were one girl and two male characters in the start and the girl is stronger from the start but she dies in the start and we get a replacement new character for her I used to play that old game a lot and felt like giving it a try again but could not remember the name.

So it's Sega genesis RPG? Turn based combat or action RPG? Was it in english?

#1806 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19041 posts) -
@kukirijan said:

People help! This pc game is about from year 2000 or lower. It is about a fat guy whit a line of his ass peeking from his shorts. I think that in first level you are driving a car, it is a 2d game. Icon on desktop was his head. I think that his combination of clothes are red and blue, but i am not sure. I think that he has friend that is a scientist, and you travel from planet to planet and fight, i think some ghost. Everything is confused in my head, because i played this game long long ago. Ill add some more descriptions if i remeber something new. Im hoping that somebody will tell me the name of this game. And yes, i think that the name of the game is the name of main character, that fat guy :)))) thanks!

So we are looking for a cartoony PC 2D sidescrolling platformer starring a fat guy in a sci-fi setting. Is that right?

#1807 Edited by BesottedMarrow (10 posts) -

old pc game i cant remember

-around the time i was play world war 2 prisoner of war (but not sure it was around the same time)

-there was 4 disks to the game i believe each disk had a different head looking to the left side one of them being a German the faces was ever a dark gray or black

-it was set in would war 1 or 2 (i think)

-you'd get put in a German prison at the start or near the start (i remember you had to do something with a stone to escape)

-the camra was facing down and to the side (like diablo 1 camra) i dont belive it was a point and click im sure you could controll the person or people

-you'd ever start or can get to a little french town

#1808 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (19041 posts) -

@besottedmarrow said:

old pc game i cant remember

-around the time i was play world war 2 prisoner of war (but not sure it was around the same time)

-there was 4 disks to the game i believe each disk had a different head looking to the left side one of them being a German the faces was ever a dark gray or black

-it was set in would war 1 or 2 (i think)

-you'd get put in a German prison at the start or near the start (i remember you had to do something with a stone to escape)

-the camra was facing down and to the side (like diablo 1 camra) i dont belive it was a point and click im sure you could controll the person or people

-you'd ever start or can get to a little french town

Sounds like one of the Commandos games, or Avalon Hill's Squad Leader or Combat Elite: WWII Paratroppers

Was there combat in it? Was it an RPG of sorts?

#1810 Edited by BesottedMarrow (10 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00:

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@besottedmarrow said:

old pc game i cant remember

-around the time i was play world war 2 prisoner of war (but not sure it was around the same time)

-there was 4 disks to the game i believe each disk had a different head looking to the left side one of them being a German the faces was ever a dark gray or black

-it was set in would war 1 or 2 (i think)

-you'd get put in a German prison at the start or near the start (i remember you had to do something with a stone to escape)

-the camra was facing down and to the side (like diablo 1 camra) i dont belive it was a point and click im sure you could controll the person or people

-you'd ever start or can get to a little french town

Sounds like one of the Commandos games, or Avalon Hill's Squad Leader or Combat Elite: WWII Paratroppers

Was there combat in it? Was it an RPG of sorts?

no its none of them games yes there was combat but i don't think it was an RPG

the game is alot older then them ones i think it was made around the 90s i believe

#1811 Posted by MrMadBacon (6 posts) -

Hello!

When I was a kid I use to play a strategy game, but the only thing I remember is that in this game we build the things arround the planets, and then we could go and conquer another planets... (It's a si-fi strategy game)

If you guys could remember the name I would be sooooo happy! :>

#1812 Posted by Jodzovan123 (9 posts) -

there is one game i played nine years ago

in that game you play as girl and you start at desert.your goal is to find some symbols on the stones and you put your hand on that so it activates or something.i remember at the beginning there was some kind of trailer and rift in the ground.you get down in rift and activate symbol and open door.that is all i remember.oh and it was third person game

#1813 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (19041 posts) -

@jodzovan123 said:

there is one game i played nine years ago

in that game you play as girl and you start at desert.your goal is to find some symbols on the stones and you put your hand on that so it activates or something.i remember at the beginning there was some kind of trailer and rift in the ground.you get down in rift and activate symbol and open door.that is all i remember.oh and it was third person game

System?

#1814 Edited by toack (2 posts) -

I used to play a game in the 90's I think, I'm not sure, it was a PC game that started you as a survivor in a spaceship, it was filled with puzzles in that spaceship but couldn't play it because the graphics at that time was too much for my machine. One of the early puzzles was to illuminate several balloon-like structures, moving them around.

I think it was first person, but not sure, the game name that came to my mind is The Longest Journey, but it wasn't (unless it has the same name with the recent one), something with "Journey" on it though.

Thank you.

#1816 Edited by toack (2 posts) -
@toack said:

I used to play a game in the 90's I think, I'm not sure, it was a PC game that started you as a survivor in a spaceship, it was filled with puzzles in that spaceship but couldn't play it because the graphics at that time was too much for my machine. One of the early puzzles was to illuminate several balloon-like structures, moving them around.

I think it was first person, but not sure, the game name that came to my mind is The Longest Journey, but it wasn't (unless it has the same name with the recent one), something with "Journey" on it though.

Thank you.

Found it myself! it's Mysterious Journey II or Schizm II: Chameleon! I'll give it a try when I get it haha

#1817 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19041 posts) -

@mrmadbacon said:

Hello!

When I was a kid I use to play a strategy game, but the only thing I remember is that in this game we build the things arround the planets, and then we could go and conquer another planets... (It's a si-fi strategy game)

If you guys could remember the name I would be sooooo happy! :>

VGA Planets?

#1818 Edited by Imonobor (6 posts) -

Okay, if someone could tell me the name of one game from my childhood, that would be awesome. I remember it was a demo of the game actually, and came along with a gaming magazine (whose name i can't remember :/). It also had 2 other demo disks with it, one being a Hockey simulator, and the other a motorcycle racing game, both 3D, so I guess they came out around the same time. I remember playing it around 2003-2004-2005, so i guess it came out around there, otherwise it wouldn't be a demo in a magazine. It MAY have came out earlier aswell, since i don't really remember that well. Look for 2000-2005. The actual game was an over-the-head-view (Diablo perspective) 3D RPG-Shooter (I think), where you play as a robot and shoot other robots. There were a lot of missiles, lazers and explosions. The first map was kind of like an Deathmatch arena, where enemies spawned everywhere until the level was completed. The map had a ramp across the center separating upper and lower ground. At the end of it some hugeass OP robot enemies spawned, but there were also allies robots to help you. The second map was also a kind-of-an arena, but this time you had allies and an allied base with turrets, aswell as an enemy base. You had to go out to collect or capture some things for your base, while stopping the enemies from doing the same. It was single player, but I can't be sure of that, since it was a demo. I don't really remember how the robots looked like, but some of them looked like tanks (like the siege tanks from Starcraft), others sort of like Wall-E with guns, and those hugeass ones looked like THORs (from Starcraft II). I can't be 100% sure of that, sadly. Another level was sort of RPG-like where you advanced through it while fighting enemies in the path, and at the end you must get to some elevator, which transports you down and then shows a score screen. Again, I can't be sure about the order in which, the levels appeared, since it was a demo (I think the RPG-like level was a spinoff or something). The game was for PC ofcourse, i remember i played it on either Windows 98 OR Windows XP. The terrain and atmosphere looked something like those space levels from Starcraft, only there was no space. I don't remember any flying enemies, but there MAY have been.

Another thing, I remember the game starting with you in a prison cell, and if you didn't get out in like 5 minutes, some really OP guy came in and murdered you in one hit. I am unsure however, if that is part of the upper said game, or a completely separate game, so discard this clue if you'd like.

Okay, sorry for writing this wall of text, and thanks for reading it. I hope i provided enough details for you to find the game I'm looking for. Oh, a last clue, the magazine from which the demo disk was, came in Bulgaria, but I think the actual game was in English. Still, games come out a little bit later in Bulgaria (like a 1-3 month delay), so consider that when looking for the release date.

Thank you for looking into that, I really appreciate it. Feel free to ask for more details (even about those hockey and motorcycle demo games) and happy retro hunting! :)

#1819 Edited by kukirijan (8 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: Yes,yes its true! He cant talk, he only mhrmhrs something. He is not one of cool character, he is funny, and a bit out of mind. He scratches his ass sometimes whil you are standing and when you climb ladders you can see his line on the ass. :D And yees! I remebered, his t shirt was too short, and you could see his navel, and he is fighting with his belly!

#1820 Edited by Jodzovan123 (9 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00:

you mean a operating system?

its game for pc windows

#1821 Posted by lewhatch (8 posts) -

A game entered my head the other day and i was nearly 100% sure it was called Casino. I searched the net for it and didnt find the game im after.

I remember that its on the PC and the objective was to have the best casino where you could have multiple floors and multiple attractions gabling and non-gambling related. I seem to remember one of the casino names being 'Crypts' or 'Cryptic' something dark and gothic. It had an overhead view of everything where you could get pretty close but never first person I think. I hope you can the game from this I adored this. Definitely released after 2000 and definitely before 2010. I just can't find it :(

#1822 Posted by richardclark19 (14 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: yes it was sega genesis and turn based.

#1823 Edited by richardclark19 (14 posts) -

@lewhatch can u remember what sort of graphics it had or what the intro video was like?

#1824 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19041 posts) -

@richardclark19 said:

alright! Here`s One I used to play a game as a kid on my pc with a KGEN 98 installed on it. It was a game where the characters were used in a world dominated by monsters you could level up. Them main character were one girl and two male characters in the start and the girl is stronger from the start but she dies in the start and we get a replacement new character for her I used to play that old game a lot and felt like giving it a try again but could not remember the name.

It should be one of these. Unfotunately I have no way of telling which one with the info I have.

Beggar Prince
Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes
Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes II
Fatal Labyrinth
Langrisser II
Legend of Wukong
Maten no Sōmetsu
Phantasy Star
Phantasy Star IV
Shining Force
Shining Force II
Shuihuzhuan
Sorcerer's Kingdom
Star Odyssey
Taikō Risshiden
Warsong

#1825 Posted by richardclark19 (14 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: Thanks man I just tried phantasy start IV and found out what I was looking for but, I suddenly don`t feel like playing it thought

#1826 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19041 posts) -

@richardclark19 said:

@Black_Knight_00: Thanks man I just tried phantasy start IV and found out what I was looking for but, I suddenly don`t feel like playing it thought

lol I don't blame you. Anyway, you're welcome.

#1827 Edited by hoodedprinncess (7 posts) -

Hey, I am not much of a gamer but I registered specifically on this website to find out about a game I used to play when I was 10. This game had 4 players all controlled by a single person i.e. the player. All the four players had to be given special powers. You could use one as a sorcerer or a warrior or something. You also had to fix their personality. Then, coming to the game, you are from a place beneath earth and you visit the earth and the cities around. The cities are plagued or infested by cockroaches sometime. There is a wizard who gives you stuff in exchange for coins. Then you encounter some slugs and you have to fight them. There are spiders also, I think. You also have to take food for energy. I probably sound really lame but trust me this game is really important for me. It's an old game. It had a demo version and a full version but I can't remember the name of the game. It would be a breath of fresh air for me if you could help me out.

~HoodedPrincess

#1828 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19041 posts) -

@hoodedprinncess said:

Hey, I am not much of a gamer but I registered specifically on this website to find out about a game I used to play when I was 10. This game had 4 players all controlled by a single person i.e. the player. All the four players had to be given special powers. You could use one as a sorcerer or a warrior or something. You also had to fix their personality. Then, coming to the game, you are from a place beneath earth and you visit the earth and the cities around. The cities are plagued or infested by cockroaches sometime. There is a wizard who gives you stuff in exchange for coins. Then you encounter some slugs and you have to fight them. There are spiders also, I think. You also have to take food for energy. I probably sound really lame but trust me this game is really important for me. It's an old game. It had a demo version and a full version but I can't remember the name of the game. It would be a breath of fresh air for me if you could help me out.

~HoodedPrincess

So it's a role-play game, I'm guessing for PC, right? Around which year did you play it and what was the camera angle?

#1829 Posted by hoodedprinncess (7 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: Yep. It was role play. I played around 2006 or 2005 but the game was pretty old since it was in 2 D so. You play as 4 people in the group and you can get killed [one by one] if you run out of energy [by walking or fighting too much] and don't replenish yourself with food. Pretty much basic and ordinary game. And that's why I can't remember it.

#1830 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19041 posts) -

@hoodedprinncess said:

@Black_Knight_00: Yep. It was role play. I played around 2006 or 2005 but the game was pretty old since it was in 2 D so. You play as 4 people in the group and you can get killed [one by one] if you run out of energy [by walking or fighting too much] and don't replenish yourself with food. Pretty much basic and ordinary game. And that's why I can't remember it.

It sounds like Tales of Destiny

#1831 Posted by kukirijan (8 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: its not a real sci fi, but its a bit wierd, no time defined. Are you having something on your mind? Ill be real happy if you find out :D

#1832 Posted by sorata (32 posts) -

I remember playing a game on the PS1, but I can't have a concrete time period. It's a story (that I can barely remember) where you play this girl in this house, and people come to explore the house and you set up traps to kill/maim/hurt them, because the objective is not to get caught.

#1833 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19041 posts) -

@sorata said:

I remember playing a game on the PS1, but I can't have a concrete time period. It's a story (that I can barely remember) where you play this girl in this house, and people come to explore the house and you set up traps to kill/maim/hurt them, because the objective is not to get caught.

Kagero: Deception 2

#1834 Edited by Audisek (2 posts) -

Hello

I remember playing a PC game, probably about 10 years ago. It was a 3rd person shooter. I think you had a flashlight. It was happening in very snowy environment (I don’t know for sure, but I think you were able to freeze to death outside of buildings), maybe a research lab or something. It was about exploring the post-apocalyptic area and shooting different kinds of monsters/mutants, I think they had no skin. I also remember there being a monster with only legs, then a really tall one that looked very scary and perhaps also little spidey-jumpy ones.

#1835 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (19041 posts) -

@Audisek said:

Hello

I remember playing a PC game, probably about 10 years ago. It was a 3rd person shooter. I think you had a flashlight. It was happening in very snowy environment (I don’t know for sure, but I think you were able to freeze to death outside of buildings), maybe a research lab or something. It was about exploring the post-apocalyptic area and shooting different kinds of monsters/mutants, I think they had no skin. I also remember there being a monster with only legs, then a really tall one that looked very scary and perhaps also little spidey-jumpy ones.

That would be The Thing

(aka "Puke & Fuses")

#1836 Posted by sorata (32 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: Aha! Thank you. I feel nostalgic and I want to play it again.

#1837 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (19041 posts) -

@sorata said:

@Black_Knight_00: Aha! Thank you. I feel nostalgic and I want to play it again.

You're welcome. You're in luck, the game can easily be found for under 15 bucks.

#1838 Posted by Audisek (2 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00:

You’re right, thank you!

#1839 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19041 posts) -

@Audisek said:

@Black_Knight_00:

You’re right, thank you!

Easy. You're welcome ;)

#1840 Posted by Jodzovan123 (9 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00:

Do you know thegamethat Im talking about?

System is PC

#1841 Posted by lewhatch (8 posts) -

Yeah the graphics weren't the greatest they were 3D but all humans looked like a blown up foil balloon but the rest of the graphics were not too bad at all, As for the intro video i cannot remember that much

#1842 Posted by lewhatch (8 posts) -

@richardclark19 The graphics weren't amazing and all the humans sorta looked like 3D foil balloons. The intro i cannot remember much about but what i do remember is that you could hire hitmen to shoot other people and fairly sure you could hire people to gamble in the competitors casino's. Oh and i do remember that there were like different classes of 'customers' or 'AI' such as trailer trash, high roller and others that i don't really remember. Hope this helps!!

#1843 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19041 posts) -
@jodzovan123 said:

@Black_Knight_00:

Do you know the game that Im talking about?

System is PC

No idea, sorry

#1844 Posted by Fearari (47 posts) -

It was a point & click adventure game on PC I played (probably once, twice) in the early 2000's (maybe) where you control a woman. I remember two scenes. One has the woman in an office, and if she is sent to the door she'll say she won't go out because it's raining. Other scene was when she arrived at a train station and there was an android talking to her. I think the icon or menu graphics was a robot running on some kind of machine.

#1845 Edited by HalberdD (6 posts) -

SOLVED!Harbinger marks like the game i should have looking for.

@Black_Knight_00: Thx millions & Trilions times. dude. you are AWESOME! 1. very fast answer.2. alot different choises. 3. answer to the question i been desperately trying to find out By googling... =P =D Thanks you mate.

So this game is a Space RPG (probably not sure if there where stats) you got this BIG Halberd-Laser-Gun-like thing as weapon and you killed tons of mobs. and looted alot stuff. (eggs, chests,etc) year of development is probably 2000-2005 as i played it with Windows Xp laptop. in 2003-2006 (not sure) it was such big game (i am pretty sure it was demo, coz i got it from CD-rom with alot stuff in it (magazine for Pc ( games, programs, pictures, videos, etc.) in magazine's CD-rom.) and now i finaly come up probably pretty close catecory as this game. Laser Squad Nemesi, Fallout 2, diablo 2, etc. (game view was this style).

You started game from near with some kind of operation table. (it was pretty darky game By the way.) corners where usually faded to dark.) i would recall it was alot better from Graphics than those games i said. there where not not single ally, or any friendly npc. (or maybe 1). played it like 30hours. couldn't beat the game back then (and it was probably demo) i SOO wanna play that game and beat it dozen times. =P =D

-PC game

-Halberdgun

-Singleplayer

-No allies

-Alot mods to kill

-Space (could start in big space ship)

-Alot loots (weapons, *armors*(not sure)

-dont remeber what kind of loot it was but i say it was like borderlands from loot gategory. =D

-maps where pretty narrow, tunnel like. not many big and wide zones.

Been wondering it past four years. i really appreciate help.

#1846 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19041 posts) -

@Fearari said:

It was a point & click adventure game on PC I played (probably once, twice) in the early 2000's (maybe) where you control a woman. I remember two scenes. One has the woman in an office, and if she is sent to the door she'll say she won't go out because it's raining. Other scene was when she arrived at a train station and there was an android talking to her. I think the icon or menu graphics was a robot running on some kind of machine.

Druuna: Morbus Gravis?

#1847 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19041 posts) -

@halberdd:

Sorry about the long list, but these games all blend together. Should be one of these:

Abaddon: Fallen Angel
Brigade E5: New Jagged Union
COPS 2170: The Power of Law (Gold Collection)
Cybermercs: The Soldiers of the 22nd Century
Etrom: The Astral Essence
GearHead
GREED: Black Border
Harbinger
Hero X
Jagged Alliance 2
MetalHeart: Replicants Rampage
Redmoon
Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator
Shadow Vault
Space Hack
Space Rangers 2: Dominators
Space Siege
Spaceforce: Captains
Toxic Mayhem: The Troma Project
Zenfar: The Adventure

#1848 Posted by einoriukazz (7 posts) -

Hey guys! i got nowhere else to turn to so maybe someone here knows the title. Its a rather diffrent game than others. And i remember playing it 3 or 4 years ago, but i'm quite sure it came out earlyer. Its a PC game about controling animal population (the ones i remember are: wolves, rabbits, caribou, seals, plankton) and you have to control the weather and all that stuff. and basicly wait and watch how they live. the graphics arent great, kind of chunky :D, and everything is being controled in a strategic kind of view. Dont remember much else but the title was a little longer like between 3-7 (or more) words. Sorry if the description isn't accurate. And thanks in advance for any kind of help :)

#1849 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19041 posts) -

@einoriukazz said:

Hey guys! i got nowhere else to turn to so maybe someone here knows the title. Its a rather diffrent game than others. And i remember playing it 3 or 4 years ago, but i'm quite sure it came out earlyer. Its a PC game about controling animal population (the ones i remember are: wolves, rabbits, caribou, seals, plankton) and you have to control the weather and all that stuff. and basicly wait and watch how they live. the graphics arent great, kind of chunky :D, and everything is being controled in a strategic kind of view. Dont remember much else but the title was a little longer like between 3-7 (or more) words. Sorry if the description isn't accurate. And thanks in advance for any kind of help :)

Try "Zoo Park: Run Your Own Animal Sanctuary"

#1850 Posted by Fearari (47 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00:

I don't think that is it. I think the game had a less violent theme, and the character was more of an everyday woman.