Official ''Can't remember the title of a game'' thread 2.0

#1601 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18278 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@RainFeelsGood: Try Vangers

That's not it, it's a tad too old.

You race a spaceship through 3D levels, and it's played from a bird's eye view. The levels are different spacey maps, desert-like, industrial, canyons, etc. You've got weapons and shields on the spaceships, and pieces break off if you shoot at them or crash into the wall. The game must have come out somewhere around 2003 - 2007.

I found a ton o sci-fi racing games, but unfortunatey none from a top-down view aside from those I mentioned.

#1602 Posted by TheBanter1 (7 posts) -

Hey guys i hope you can help me, this game came out around 1990's and is for the n64 i think i remember it being a cartridge, you could play as a woman or a man, the man could shapeshift into the enemies he killed to solve puzzles and the woman used 2 rings as weapons but she couldnt shapeshift, i remember this one part where 2 skeleton statues had to be there to open a door, but one was fake so you had to kill it, shapeshift into it then stand where the statue should be to open the door.

#1603 Posted by Blauruman (7 posts) -

So I've got this game in my head which I just can't remember the name of, I played it as a young kid on my mom's pc (yeah she's still quite the gamer) , from what I can remember
it was:

a scy-fy game involving aliens attacking or maybe having escaped confinement in a military or maybe research oriented base, you play a soldier stationed in this base when the attack happens, the game is a irst person shooter/horror, at a certain point you fall down an elevator shaft, or maybe your elevator plummets down because the aliens sabotaged the wires holding it steady, when you regain consciousness there are aliens all around you and in the fussy moments after regaining consciousness one of them does something to you which turns you into one of them, and even though you had been turned, you still fought them, the only thing that had changed was that now you were hunted by iboth the humans and the aliens.

I also remember at some point when you are still human you are having a stand off with a whole group of aliens and with the aid of a bunch of soldiers you manage to hold them at bay , but then suddenly a huge version of the regular aliens you have been fighting all along bursts through a wall next to one of the soldiers, picks him up and takes him with him, the big alien had about 6 arms, or maybe 4, and looked to have pale skin and the posture of a big man, almost like an albino super mutant from fallout:new vegas.

Soooo yeah, hope this rings a bell for any of you

#1604 Posted by Drew4724 (6 posts) -

There's this game I've been trying to look for about 8 years. I hope someone knows the name of it because this game was my childhood. I played it all day and it's basically a 2D Japanese RPG game.

The game was on PC only. From beginning I remember there was a scene and it showed a protagonist going to to this person who had a beard and a purple bandana on his head. I don't remember what they were saying (it was in text) and in the next scene it showed some kind of machinery going somewhere near the forest. Then the game started and I was able to control my character. There was wagons around and then there was a campfire. Loads of characters were around it. I was chatting to them but, they didn't say anything useful.

Then there was this floating crystal bit far away from the campfire but I wasn't able to go to it because something was blocking my way. Then there was a forest place. I went there and nothing was there, just the character I controlled. I walked around the forest and then battle commenced. It was a fight with hornets. I killed them off and walked around the forest more to kill some hornets. I went back to chat with the characters around the campfire.

Then there was this girl that was chatting a bit longer yet again I don't remember what the characters said. So she went to that crystal and did something so I was able to get to the crystal. The crystal allowed to save my game. Then I went back to the forest and there was a boss battle with a lot of hornets and the boss looked like a bear as far as I remember. When I won, I went to the camp leader. When I went to chat to the camp leader, the screen went black and white. Then there was a menu of 4 characters I was able to choose from.

The same character, the bearded guy with purple bandana, a girl and a another girl. When I chose the same character, I remember that there was a character that looked like a slime. Also when choosing the same character, throughout the story you had to fight with a knight. The first battle you would lose and drop your sword and then 2nd battle with him you would win.

When I defeated the knight then there was a scene of my character going somewhere with 2 of the girls. Then I was in middle of nowhere and I found some caves that I was able to go inside. There was holes and when I entered them then a battle commenced with a big spider. Those I couldn't defeat at all. There was only one hole in the cave which lead you somwhere else deeper in the cave. When I did that then I found a chest that was locked. Then I got lost in the cave and didn't know where else to go.

#1605 Posted by FFF094 (10 posts) -

The game I'm looking for had a medieval setting and it was an rpg. At the start of the game you got to select 4 different characters to join your party. The only character I remember had armor, a green cape, and blonde hair. once the game started you were in a castle and you could go out and explore the world without progressing in any sort of story. I remember fighting something like orcs after looking around for a while. Once you died in battle you were shown a game over screen where all your characters pictures changed to look like they were stone. The only systems I had back then were a SNES a Sega Genesis and a ps1, so it had to be one of those. IF anyone could help that would be great.

#1606 Posted by NinjaTaCo0213 (7 posts) -
#1607 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18278 posts) -
#1608 Edited by FFF094 (10 posts) -
#1609 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18278 posts) -
#1610 Edited by FFF094 (10 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: I believe the angle was similar to the camera angle in secret of mana, and It might have changed during combat.

#1611 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18278 posts) -

@fff094: So it was a 2D top-down medieval turn-based combat RPG with a western art style. Is that correct?

#1612 Edited by FFF094 (10 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: Yes I think that sounds right,but I'm not sure if the combat was turn-based or not.

#1614 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18278 posts) -

@fff094 said:

@Black_Knight_00: Yes I think that sounds right,but I'm not sure if the combat was turn-based or not.

Could it be Ultima VI or VII?

#1616 Posted by Blauruman (7 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: Yeah that was it! haha I never thought I would find it LOL, thanks a lot!

#1617 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18278 posts) -

Yeah that was it! haha I never thought I would find it LOL, thanks a lot!

haha, easy. You're welcome ;)

#1618 Posted by TheBanter1 (7 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: unfortunately not the game i was looking for, it was kinda like a platformer, definitely not a fighter game like this, im not sure if it was for the n64 now it was soo long ago since i played it, it might have been an early ps2 game or before

#1619 Edited by RedGonzalez (6 posts) -

Hello guys,

I'm trying to remember the Name of a game, it was on Playstation 1, what I remember from the game is tha it was Three detectives (one girl and two guys) solving a case in china and as the game develop the case turn into a mithycal story of a demon in china, one important scene that I remember is that you need to deactivate a bomb by cutting some wires and the bomb is strap to a guy's chest, another thing the las chapter of the game is in another real (like a chinesse hell)

Thanks you so much

#1620 Edited by halfhorsefilms (7 posts) -

I purchased this game from Alco, and remember it sitting next to Redneck Rampage in the PC games section if that gives an idea of the time frame. The artwork was fantastic and I think the box was purple.

It was a motorcycle combat game either set in the post-apocalyptic/cyberpunk future or on some other planet, don't recall which but it definitely had a junky kind of vibe on some of the tracks and a futuristic city feel on others. It played a lot like Road Rash but with guns and oil slicks and the like. Well, I guess it played more like Mario Kart, then.

What really struck me about the game was the instruction manual that was chock full of the playable charaters' backstories. The artwork and characters seemed to have been concocted by completely different artists as they all had their own visual style although the majority of it had a bit of an anime/manga style to it. (I want to say that it was the same goes for in-game purchases, each character had their own unique garage when upgrading your bike? Maybe? It's foggy)

A few characters are as follows:

-A rough biker-type dude who rode a tan, tank-like trike with machine guns, I want to say his bike was called "Road Hog." By far the dirtiest character, seemed like an asshole.
-A mystical Rastafarian goofball who rode a hovering "Mojo Stick" adorned with beads and wires
-A bio-mechanical lady-ish thing who could possibly be an alien riding a similar-looking bio-mechanical bike, this character stuck out the most for me, because the image of her is kind of Giger-esqe, almost like she's wearing a full, living bodysuit with big eye goggles.
-A stereotypical anime dude with a fast, red crotch rocket
-Another lady with a bubbly-looking red bike, wheel covers and lasers?

There were about 4 or 5 more characters but I can't remember them.

Like I said, a lot of my memories come from the lush manual but the gameplay was pretty fun although I remember it being quite pixelated.

I came across a few images on a page that started to jog my memory. They may or may not be from the game, but stylistically they seem really familiar.

http://www.gods-inc.de/macavity/shadowrun/vehicles/harley-darkwing.jpg
http://www.gods-inc.de/macavity/shadowrun/vehicles/harley-scorpion.jpg
http://www.gods-inc.de/macavity/shadowrun/vehicles/trike.jpg
http://www.gods-inc.de/macavity/shadowrun/vehicles/honda-bermuda.jpg
http://www.gods-inc.de/macavity/shadowrun/vehicles/mitsuzuki-ashigaru.jpg
http://www.gods-inc.de/macavity/shadowrun/vehicles/ducati-morningstar.jpg
http://www.gods-inc.de/macavity/shadowrun/vehicles/yamaha-rapier.jpg
http://www.gods-inc.de/macavity/shadowrun/vehicles/gulak-velox.jpg

I've searched numerous "vehicular combat," "motorcycle combat," "futuristic racing" lists and forums and came up with nothing. At the time Alco was selling freeware and shareware games for cheap so it may be something along those lines.

Thanks for any help!

#1621 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18278 posts) -

Hello guys,

I'm trying to remember the Name of a game, it was on Playstation 1, what I remember from the game is tha it was Three detectives (one girl and two guys) solving a case in china and as the game develop the case turn into a mithycal story of a demon in china, one important scene that I remember is that you need to deactivate a bomb by cutting some wires and the bomb is strap to a guy's chest, another thing the las chapter of the game is in another real (like a chinesse hell)

Thanks you so much

Fear Effect

#1622 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18278 posts) -

@halfhorsefilms: When you say it was similar to Road Rash, do you mean it was fake-3D? Or was it proper 3D with polygons and such?

#1623 Posted by halfhorsefilms (7 posts) -

It was fake-3D and felt kind of clunky in that regard. It seemed like every bike only had about 10-12 pre-rendered images to choose from while you were racing.

#1624 Posted by FFF094 (10 posts) -
#1625 Edited by kenshin115 (8 posts) -

Hey gents.

Im looking for a 3d xbox game (maybe even 360 around release), with camera and fighting style similar to dark cloud. I cant remember much but I do recall when you went to use your special time would slow to a crawl and your special had a timer you could gauge on the ground in front of your character. You could run around the battlefield and whatever enemy was in your gauge once it was filled would recieve the damage. I cant remember much else im sorry bit I remember at one point my party got into a fight and they split up. Idk for how long I stopped playing after that. please help! Thanks!

#1626 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18278 posts) -

Hey gents.

Im looking for a 3d xbox game (maybe even 360 around release), with camera and fighting style similar to dark cloud. I cant remember much but I do recall when you went to use your special time would slow to a crawl and your special had a timer you could gauge on the ground in front of your character. You could run around the battlefield and whatever enemy was in your gauge once it was filled would recieve the damage. I cant remember much else im sorry bit I remember at one point my party got into a fight and they split up. Idk for how long I stopped playing after that. please help! Thanks!

So it's a JRPg, right? Are you positive it was on xbox/xbox 360 and not PS2?

#1627 Posted by kenshin115 (8 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: I think it may be a jrpg. It may be multiplatform but I think I played it on teh xbox. I remember I changed my mains special and his gauge changed from a cone in front of his feet to a strait line but the mechanics stayed the same. Had to get enemy in gauge before timer ran out or you would miss. Is any of this ringing any bells? I know im not the most descriptive but I just cant remember any other aspects sorry :/

#1628 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18278 posts) -

@kenshin115: Luckily there aren't many JRPG on xbox. Try these:

Tenerezza

Innocent Tears

Sudeki

Rent A Hero No. 1

Shin Megami Tensei Nine

#1629 Edited by joshguile (7 posts) -

Ok it's a game that I played maybe a year ago and I believe it is on PC however it may be on other platforms. You are in a small group of people and like pokemon, depending on where you are monsters/people can fight you out of the blue. One of your party is kidnapped in an ambush of some description and you track the kidnapper(s) down. I can remember two parts of the game. At one point you go underground and collect wood to pass over water as it is like a sewer. Also the sewer is really hot and as a result there are monsters breeding in the area so you're there to change the temperature or water flow, something along those lines.

Another stage you are at a cabbin and I believe you see a cut-scene of the person you're pursuing. That's about all I can remember. Thanks.

#1630 Posted by kenshin115 (8 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: YOU GOT IT! its Sudeki. A world of thanks to you my video game jeapordy friend. Now I can rest easy at night lmao. Seriously that was annoying me to no end

#1631 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18278 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: YOU GOT IT! its Sudeki. A world of thanks to you my video game jeapordy friend. Now I can rest easy at night lmao. Seriously that was annoying me to no end

Oh my, I'll never know why so many people come looking for that game lol. You're welcome ;)

#1632 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18278 posts) -

Ok it's a game that I played maybe a year ago and I believe it is on PC however it may be on other platforms. You are in a small group of people and like pokemon, depending on where you are monsters/people can fight you out of the blue. One of your party is kidnapped in an ambush of some description and you track the kidnapper(s) down. I can remember two parts of the game. At one point you go underground and collect wood to pass over water as it is like a sewer. Also the sewer is really hot and as a result there are monsters breeding in the area so you're there to change the temperature or water flow, something along those lines.

Another stage you are at a cabbin and I believe you see a cut-scene of the person you're pursuing. That's about all I can remember. Thanks.

What kind of game is it? Is it 3D or 2D? Camera angle?

#1633 Posted by joshguile (7 posts) -

Well I believe it was 2D and I guess the camera angle was like the pokemon type camera angle. The game is an up and down scroller type thing

thanks ^^

#1634 Posted by Dancanplay_CZE (7 posts) -

Hi guys,

The game was about robots in big modern city. You were playing as robot that did have a flying thing. You could upgrade it in some location. If you did get in that location it take the vehicle with elevator down and you could upgrade etc. The game was free roam. I tknow there was some fly races. In interiors there was one machine and with that you could change to another robot. Every robot have special ability. I know that, there was a police robot he was fat and he had beacon on his head. Platform is PC. Game is 3D,third person.

I hope someone know.

Thank You!

#1635 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18278 posts) -

Hi guys,

The game was about robots in big modern city. You were playing as robot that did have a flying thing. You could upgrade it in some location. If you did get in that location it take the vehicle with elevator down and you could upgrade etc. The game was free roam. I tknow there was some fly races. In interiors there was one machine and with that you could change to another robot. Every robot have special ability. I know that, there was a police robot he was fat and he had beacon on his head. Platform is PC. Game is 3D,third person.

I hope someone know.

Thank You!

American McGee's Scrapland

#1636 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18278 posts) -

@joshguile

Sounds like an RPG Maker game. Did you actually pay money for it or was it a free download?

#1638 Edited by Dancanplay_CZE (7 posts) -
#1639 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18278 posts) -
#1640 Posted by wallstreetsam (7 posts) -

I'll first start off by saying that my memory of this game is very vague and I'm not sure if all the information I give is correct or helpful, so if you need additional information just ask and I'll try to provide it! I remember playing this game on PC, to be exact it was a Compaq Presario 5000 I remember this because it had those huge speakers attached to the sides of the monitor. I don't know anything about the game except that when you begin the game you play as a teenage human maybe a young child. You start in a city that's a mix between what looked like advanced magic technology yet primitive (meaning most of the city was made of stone). I think their was something about an artifact you needed to find. I remember when you try to leave the city you're told that you won't make it far across the desert or something like that and that you couldn't leave until you had some supplies, a weapon, or maybe a person to go with you. I believe the time period I played this game was between 1998-2000 but I don't know what year the game came out. I know that it was in third person view but I think you could go into first person but I'm not sure. Unfortunately I never made it out of the city so I can't give anymore information about what I remember. I was quite young when I played it. Hopefully what I've provided is helpful!

#1641 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18278 posts) -

@wallstreetsam: Genre? Was it a shooter, an adventure?

Would you say the setting was post-apocalyptic?

Try Dark Earth

#1642 Edited by wallstreetsam (7 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: I just discovered what the game was out of pure luck! It was The New Adventures of the Time Machine

Thanks for taking the time to try and help! Really appreciate what you're doing here.

#1643 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18278 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: I just discovered what the game was out of pure luck! It was The New Adventures of the Time Machine

Thanks for taking the time to try and help! Really appreciate what you're doing here.

Ah, Cryo interactive. I suspected it was going to be a point & click game. Good find ;)

#1644 Posted by cjmartin101 (6 posts) -

Okay this *is* an old one... For starters I think it was on a Commodore PET computer but it may also be an Apple 1 or 2. Green monitor definitely and certainly before 1983....

It was a side scroller and you played against the computer. You purchased units which you would watch go from right to left across a long screen. I believe you could purchase four types of army units. Your units would head towards the computers units and you would watch them fight.

The units were: A tank, a missile truck, a platoon of soldiers, and a helicopter. The tank would slaughter the troops but get creamed by the helicopter. The helicopter would be shot down by the missile truck, the tank would defeat the soldiers, but the best would be when two groups of soldiers met each other and you'd watch the little green stick men fight it out (usually leaving only 1 or 2 from one side left). I guess the objective was to get to the other side of the screen but I never was allowed to play it for reasons of "We're leaving now! Get your coat!" or such.

Does anyone remember this thing?

#1645 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18278 posts) -

Okay this *is* an old one... For starters I think it was on a Commodore PET computer but it may also be an Apple 1 or 2. Green monitor definitely and certainly before 1983....

It was a side scroller and you played against the computer. You purchased units which you would watch go from right to left across a long screen. I believe you could purchase four types of army units. Your units would head towards the computers units and you would watch them fight.

The units were: A tank, a missile truck, a platoon of soldiers, and a helicopter. The tank would slaughter the troops but get creamed by the helicopter. The helicopter would be shot down by the missile truck, the tank would defeat the soldiers, but the best would be when two groups of soldiers met each other and you'd watch the little green stick men fight it out (usually leaving only 1 or 2 from one side left). I guess the objective was to get to the other side of the screen but I never was allowed to play it for reasons of "We're leaving now! Get your coat!" or such.

Does anyone remember this thing?

Rescue Raiders. Apple II, 1984

#1647 Edited by djeedah (7 posts) -

Hi guys from what game is this image on the right?

#1648 Posted by SovietsUnited (1912 posts) -

@djeedah said:

Hi guys from what game is this image on the right?

Heroes of the Storm

#1649 Edited by djeedah (7 posts) -

thank u ;)

#1650 Posted by bailez115 (11 posts) -

Looking for a PC game here, located online, not a disk. I remember it being a sim type game, and you had three years, or 56 weeks, to build your character up. Working took a week of your time, and you could use your money to go to the gym to improve strength/health, library to improve intelligence. It was a fantasy based game, and gave the option to venture into dungeons, where you would go through until you ran out of energy, and would have to rest at your home. I seem to recall you being able to locate different types of homes to rest in that would give stats, but it's been too long. I thought I played it on Kongregate, but I've been through almost every game I can think of on their site, and can't seem to find it. I'm almost certain it's a post 2010 game, but then again, with flash based text games, it's kind of hard to tell.

As far as building your character goes, I recall having to set a birthday, choose a nature and choose a specialization, all of which affected your starting stats. At the end of three years, the king assessed your progress, and you were given a score for what you had accomplished. If I can remember anything more, I'll pop back in with more info. Thanks!