wiks5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1555 wiks5
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@Black_Knight_00: Sorry for my double post, unfortunately it's not this game. The graphics were simillar but the gameplay reminds me of anno series, where you had to build buildings which produced luxuries which would let the villagers prosper.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 0

#1556 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Any games similar to Dust an Elysian Tail on psn? I already have and beat Guacamelee (great game btw), but I sold my 360 a while back and loved Dust.

But ya, looking for anything similar and recent.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#1557  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

@ristactionjakso said:

Any games similar to Dust an Elysian Tail on psn? I already have and beat Guacamelee (great game btw), but I sold my 360 a while back and loved Dust.

But ya, looking for anything similar and recent.

I know they got rid of the recommendation thread, but that kind of request is kind of off topic here. Better start a new thread, you'll get more replies.

Avatar image for edwardwinter343
EdwardWinter343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1558  Edited By EdwardWinter343

Hi! I can't remember the name of a first person shooter game. It is an old game, you are a marine that has to kill enemies alone with a sniper. Every time you shoot someone in the head, you get a bullet-cam or whatever it's called. You see the bullet going through the air in slow-mo and then it kills the enemy. It looked like call of duty 1, it had that feel, those kind of graphics.

Avatar image for edwardwinter343
EdwardWinter343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1559 EdwardWinter343

Oh and you also move around the map by walking through those ruins, crouching and traveling through tunnels and you can even lie down.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#1560 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

@edwardwinter343 said:

Hi! I can't remember the name of a first person shooter game. It is an old game, you are a marine that has to kill enemies alone with a sniper. Every time you shoot someone in the head, you get a bullet-cam or whatever it's called. You see the bullet going through the air in slow-mo and then it kills the enemy. It looked like call of duty 1, it had that feel, those kind of graphics.

Sniper Elite V2. Get the Silver edition.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1561  Edited By Black_Knight_00

What ristactionjakso said, except you're probably thinking of the first Sniper Elite from 2005 rather than V2

Holst235

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1562 Holst235

@Black_Knight_00: any longer on my case. Sorry for not having any patience, i just can't get it out of my head

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1563 Black_Knight_00
@holst235 said:

any longer on my case. Sorry for not having any patience, i just can't get it out of my head

Having a hard time picturing what kind of game it is from your description. It sounds like a 2D scrolling beat'em up, but then you mention Little Big Planet and "layers" and I don't know what I'm looking for anymore *__*

Nastyhoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1564  Edited By Nastyhoes

Hi! I'm sorry, but I don't remember much about the game I'm about to describe, but it's been nagging at me for a while now.

I played this game in the early 2000s. This was a ps2 game. It was 3rd person. I don't even remember the object of the game, I ony played it because I liked using the magic in it. The animation was pretty good, it wasn't pac-man or arcade looking. Okay, so the main character was a female firstly. I think you could do magic and buy different spells or potions. What I remember mostly is you could go underground (or in caves?) and there were these troll or goblin monster things that you could defeat. That's truly all I can remember right now. I think you could break barrels and get items inside of them. Also, there might've been something to do with dragons?

I'll be surprised if anyone could tell me what this is, but i have faith!

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1565 Black_Knight_00

@nastyhoes said:

Hi! I'm sorry, but I don't remember much about the game I'm about to describe, but it's been nagging at me for a while now.

I played this game in the early 2000s. This was a ps2 game. It was 3rd person. I don't even remember the object of the game, I ony played it because I liked using the magic in it. The animation was pretty good, it wasn't pac-man or arcade looking. Okay, so the main character was a female firstly. I think you could do magic and buy different spells or potions. What I remember mostly is you could go underground (or in caves?) and there were these troll or goblin monster things that you could defeat. That's truly all I can remember right now. I think you could break barrels and get items inside of them. Also, there might've been something to do with dragons?

I'll be surprised if anyone could tell me what this is, but i have faith!

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance?

Nastyhoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1566  Edited By Nastyhoes

@Black_Knight_00 MY SAVIOR!!!!

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1567  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@nastyhoes said:

@Black_Knight_00 MY SAVIOR!!!!

haha. easy peasy ;)

yuri2585588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1568  Edited By yuri2585588

Hello i cant remember this game that i've played in the nearly 2000s. All what i remember is that you are a blue jet and every mission you need to takeoff before you starting to kill other jets or just targets on the ground. Every target is marked with a red square and i remember that the pilot used to talk if you got hit or for example if you were too close to the sea he was shouting "too close too close" or something like that. Another thing that i remember that when i pressed shift i could launch missiles with a black smoke trail and the last thing that i remember is after every mission that you've completed you needed to land on the ship again and there was a white circles that helps you to land on it successfully . Thats all what i can remember thanks .

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1569 Black_Knight_00

@yuri2585588 said:

Hello i cant remember this game that i've played in the nearly 2000s. All what i remember is that you are a blue jet and every mission you need to takeoff before you starting to kill other jets or just targets on the ground. Every target is marked with a red square and i remember that the pilot used to talk if you got hit or for example if you were too close to the sea he was shouting "too close too close" or something like that. Another thing that i remember that when i pressed shift i could launch missiles with a black smoke trail and the last thing that i remember is after every mission that you've completed you needed to land on the ship again and there was a white circles that helps you to land on it successfully . Thats all what i can remember thanks .

Echelon: Wind Warriors?

yuri2585588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1570 yuri2585588

@Black_Knight_00: first of all thanks for trying to help :D , but that's unfortunately not the right game :(. i should say its from 3rd person view, and its a PC game, maybe that will help you to recognize it thanks a lot.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1571  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@yuri2585588 said:

@Black_Knight_00: first of all thanks for trying to help :D , but that's unfortunately not the right game :(. i should say its from 3rd person view, and its a PC game, maybe that will help you to recognize it thanks a lot.

Are we talking sci-fi (lasers and stuff) or more like modern airplanes (F-22, MIG)?

yuri2585588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1572  Edited By yuri2585588

@Black_Knight_00: @Black_Knight_00: first of all thanks for trying to help :D , but that's unfortunately not the right game :(. i should say its from 3rd person view, and its a PC game, maybe that will help you to recognize it thanks a lot.

more like modern airplanes yes and when you kill other jets you can collect weapons from them and health kinda like that....

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1573  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@yuri2585588: Try Thunderbolt 2 and Rebel Raiders - Operation Nighthawk

Failing that, I'm afraid I have no idea, unless you can refine the description or give me a better time frame. It might help to know what other games you remember playing at the same time as that one.

Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#1574 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

I'm trying to recall the name of a platformer that had a little green gecko as the main character. It was for the playstation 1. I never actually played the full game, just a demo. But the stage available on the demo was very colorful and bright, with a lot of grass and water. Oh yeah there were waterfalls. This is so vague...I'm sorry lol...

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1575  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@Lucky_Krystal said:

I'm trying to recall the name of a platformer that had a little green gecko as the main character. It was for the playstation 1. I never actually played the full game, just a demo. But the stage available on the demo was very colorful and bright, with a lot of grass and water. Oh yeah there were waterfalls. This is so vague...I'm sorry lol...

Gex? Gex - Enter the Gecko?

It's not Croc, right?

Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#1576  Edited By Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

@Black_Knight_00: Yes it looks like it was Gex. Thanks. I don't know how you do that.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1577  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@Lucky_Krystal said:

Yes it looks like it was Gex. Thanks. I don't know how you do that.

Just luck I guess ;)

janvalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1578  Edited By janvalis

Hello guys, game I am looking for is around 8-10 years old. I got a demo in a gaming magazine. There were some kind of dwarves, who were mining tunels, halls etc. Next thing I remember is that they were mining mushrooms, but I don't know why. The game had pretty ok graphics from what I remember and I have a feeling that it was kind of mysterious, fairy-tale like.

edit: I think it was 2D - very good graphics but only two dimensions

dusmance2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1579 dusmance2
Member since 2014 • 26 Posts

Basically it's Peter Pan game, an old game. Contains clouds coloring, slingshot firing and collecting fireflies. I cannot really remember a name, but i want to play that game so hard. Thanks in advance!

Lelt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1580 Lelt

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a game i played a few years ago. It was an online 3D 3rd person game. You could play as a female archer with a bow and 2 little swords, a knight and a really tiny mage. You could play different game sessions like team deathmatch and a session like capture the flag where you needed to kill a giant troll or something with your team. When the troll was dead he dropped something gold that you needed to pick up and bring to the enemy base to score points. Hope someone can help me!

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1581 Black_Knight_00

@dusmance2 said:

Basically it's Peter Pan game, an old game. Contains clouds coloring, slingshot firing and collecting fireflies. I cannot really remember a name, but i want to play that game so hard. Thanks in advance!

Peter Pan - A Story Painting Adventure

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1582  Edited By Black_Knight_00
@lelt said:

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a game i played a few years ago. It was an online 3D 3rd person game. You could play as a female archer with a bow and 2 little swords, a knight and a really tiny mage. You could play different game sessions like team deathmatch and a session like capture the flag where you needed to kill a giant troll or something with your team. When the troll was dead he dropped something gold that you needed to pick up and bring to the enemy base to score points. Hope someone can help me!

3 things you may add:

You'll need to be a little more specific when you say "a few years ago"

By 3rd person do you mean behind the character of a bird's eye/isometric view?

Do you remember exactly how many players formed each team in multiplayer? (sounds pointless but it helps me find the game)

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1583  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19568 Posts

@holst235 said:

please, PLEASE help me. i have had this game that i played a LONG time ago in my head for almost a year. on to the game description.

- 2d sidescrolling with "layers" like in little big planet

- i remember some of the many characters, a monk in monk outfit, a wizard maybe in green robes.

.- kind of a cartonney look although not completely.

- it must have been a 200s game.

- you can play multiplayer on one pc.

- its kinda a combination game, so different characters have different abilities. one even turns in to another character.

i hope you know the game, i'll keep digging on my own

That sounds like Little Fighter 2.

nikcar89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1584  Edited By nikcar89

hello, everyone!

I'm searching for the game I played 5-6 years ago. It was a soft of a role-playing strategy game about the Vietnam War. You should fulfill missions by guiding your american troops through the jungle and attacking the Vietcong. Usually, you start you mission on your military base or a small camp, than your are moved to the area of military operation. You have several units under your leadership, and you should sometimes manage units one by one to succeed. Also, I know that it's not the game called Commandos, but the one I'm looking for is similar to that one and newer.

Lelt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1585  Edited By Lelt

@Black_Knight_00:

@Black_Knight_00 said:
@lelt said:

Hi guys,

3 things you may add:

You'll need to be a little more specific when you say "a few years ago"

By 3rd person do you mean behind the character of a bird's eye/isometric view?

Do you remember exactly how many players formed each team in multiplayer? (sounds pointless but it helps me find the game)

I think it was about 7 or 8 years ago. By 3rd person i mean behind the character. The teams where 6 players I think. Not sure about that. I'm pretty sure i downloaded a game client and played it from my desktop.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1586  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@lelt: It's not Lord of the RIngs: Conquest, right?

Lelt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1587 Lelt

@Black_Knight_00:

No definitely not.

Simon7G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1588  Edited By Simon7G

Greetings, everyone!

I'm looking for the game I played sometime between 2002 and 2007, definitely in that period. The game was for PC, it was a first person shooter with open world/free roam elements.

As far as the plot goes, you played as a futuristic soldier who, at the beginning of the game I think, had to infiltrate the enemy base that was located in some sort of a jungle-y, grassy area. Upon entering the base, you had to find an item or something, don't know for sure, and then escape shortly after that because you were discovered, by leaving the base and taking a nearby hovercraft vehicle, something like that. You were also in a radio contact with some girl that would brief you through stuff during the game.

In the game you had the options to run around the map, drive vehicles, loot enemies, you had an inventory system and the only item that I remember is a cloaking device that would make you invisible to enemies for about three minutes or so. In those jungles and grassy areas were a lot of strange creatures that looked like large bulls with oddly shaped skull heads that would attack you if you got too close to them. And I clearly remember some large reptile creatures, similar to velociraptors, maybe even an enemy soldier riding one! Later in the game you had to get pass through some scientists and security undetected in a facility and if you got discovered, the mission would immediately fail and you would have to continue from your last saved game.

That's all I can remember for now. If I remember anything else, I'll be sure to update this post. The fact that this is the only game from my childhood I don't know the name of, I'm dying to find out if anybody knows this game. :P Kudos to everyone and a big thank you in advance!

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1589  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@simon7g:

Chrome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRLrZTEp3Do

Neccophiliac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1590  Edited By Neccophiliac
Member since 2002 • 69 Posts

It's a simple game from the 90s where you played some guy in his 20's or 30's. Kind of looked like a monopoly bored setup. You had to buy an apartment, get a job, all that. Can't remember the name for the life of me.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1591  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@Neccophiliac said:

It's a simple game from the 90s where you played some guy in his 20's or 30's. Kind of looked like a monopoly bored setup. You had to buy an apartment, get a job, all that. Can't remember the name for the life of me.

The Game of Life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO8PpVMr62Y

Bjuglez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1592  Edited By Bjuglez

When i was a kid my uncle had a bunch of copy written ps one games and one of them was a space flight game wich i have been searching for years.

The characters were anime themed and the story is non linear because you look at a map wich is randomized.
When you start you look at a main map and to the top left is earth wich was your main base where you can choose talk to people and upgrade your ship. The upgrade system was very similar to the armored core games where you switch parts on your ship that you have aquired.
When on the main map you could choose places to go but at the start there is like some asteroid fields and one type of aliens in the distance. Choosing to go somewhere wastes a turn and when you finish some place you choose the map develops. Each turn there would be more aliens populating and moving closer to your base. And building bases themselves. And the catch was that sometimes aliens where strong and you needed to collect some information on how to defeat them. If an alien reaches your base the game was lost so the goal was to destroy all the aliens. The fights themselves were space flight dogfights where you are one ship against small ships and when you shot them they would blink to indicate that you are damaging them. You could also bring special characters to team up by talking to them in your base but if they die they are gone FOREVER!. And there were like 3 of those characters. I really need to find this game it was so fun to upgrade your weapons and especially destroying the Huge titan ships later in the game!

Venellian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1593 Venellian

Well, maybe you can help me out here: It's a game for the Playstation that I rented from Blockbuster a couple of times. I remember it being 2d somewhat like Final fantasy, and I really only remember one level in particular: You were in a town at night, and you couldn't get out because there was something blocking your path. In order to get past it, you had to defeat all of the enemies around and collect the pieces (I think that they were shards). After this, you could go out of the town to the north (top of the town as you looked at it). Then you were supposed to go north a bit up a path, and then to the west. I never got that far, because I went off of the path and got killed by a monster. The battles were in a different screen, and it was difficult.

Good luck!

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1594 Black_Knight_00

@bjuglez: So it's a sci-fi anime turn based strategy game seen from an isometric or top-down view?

See if it's one of the Front Mission games or one of the Super Robot Wars games or one of the following:

CRW: Counter Revolution War

Harukaze Sentai V-Force

Himiko-den: Renge

Bjuglez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1595  Edited By Bjuglez

@Black_Knight_00: ahh sorry its none of those. The fights were a space combat flight simulation in 3D! And on earth it was like those anime titles where you click to read the story and choose where to go but in this game you can talk to characters and upgrade your spaceship or read info on the discovered alien races. Combat was dogfights and after the dogfights you had a topdown map where the earth was at the top left and aliens began forming bases in the distance the map was not very graphical it was only small icons. . If you chose to do some event or fight an alien it would take a turn. Its not a mecha fighting game.

NinjaTaCo0213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1596  Edited By NinjaTaCo0213

I've been trying to find out the name of this game for some time now, and hopefully I could get it here since based on what I remember it wasn't anything close to a hint on what the game was called.

I remember playing this game on PC during the year 2003 I don't remember If the game was fairly recent or came out at an earlier date. From the gameplay I remember that the player plays as a space ship in 3D and first person, although, you can't actually see any inside controls or any of the outside ship just the crosshairs. The player was set out in open outer space, and the space ship could move in any way possible (fly upside down, corkscrew, full 360) and have complete control on which direction and orientation you could fly in in order to shoot down opposing ships that could do the same. And that's about all I could remember.

Please help me with this,

Thanks

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1597 Black_Knight_00

@ninjataco0213: Which system?

Lelt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1598  Edited By Lelt
@Black_Knight_00 said:

@lelt: It's not Lord of the RIngs: Conquest, right?

@lelt said:

@Black_Knight_00:

No definitely not.

Found it myself already. Game is called Rakion.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1599  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@lelt: Man, that was obscure lol

RainFeelsGood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1600 RainFeelsGood
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@RainFeelsGood: Try Vangers

That's not it, it's a tad too old.

You race a spaceship through 3D levels, and it's played from a bird's eye view. The levels are different spacey maps, desert-like, industrial, canyons, etc. You've got weapons and shields on the spaceships, and pieces break off if you shoot at them or crash into the wall. The game must have come out somewhere around 2003 - 2007.