Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1501 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

@RainFeelsGood said:

@RainFeelsGood said:

Hi.

Here's the best description I can give...

You race a spaceship through 3D levels, and it's played from a bird's eye view. The levels are different spacey maps, desert-like, industrial, canyons, etc. You've got weapons and shields on the spaceships, and pieces break off if you shoot at them or crash into the wall. The game must have come out somewhere around 2003 - 2007.

System?

masteroliw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1502  Edited By masteroliw
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Hey, I'm looking for a game that was made for windows 96 or 98. But just can't remember the name.

I have tried to search for it through lists of pc games as I know parts of the name but can't find it.

---------------------------------

name (Parts of it) and its logo:

---------------------------------

I remember that the name contained 2 words, both are made of four letters. I can vaguely remember at first that it was Caps Lock, but can't find it on any list of pc games, but when I tried to think of other combitnations of words I'm sure that the 2nd word was lost. Either way I think the first word is beginning with a C and the other word with a L.

The logo the game had was a black and brown wooden background with the name on a red or yellow circle in the middle with the first word being in the top side of the circle and the second in the bottom side of the circle. In the middle of the circle there is a face of a man that has a really big nose and really big eyes.

------------

Storyline:

------------

The story involves of a race of human like people, they are somewhat chubby with big eyes and a big nose, and only male. The introduction video that I remember shows one of these people in a backyard watering flowers or something, when suddenly a barrel just come up out of the ground. He curiously searches inside it and accidentally gets inside it. After a few seconds he hears some mechanical sounds and realizes his error in a funny way like saying "Uh-oh" and then just gets shoot out to the sky.

What I can recall is that this man landed somewhere far away in a island with similar people and needs to get back to their homeland by visiting several different islands with various aggressive inhabitants with different wheater. First set of islands being grass, then snow, then desert and lastly just hellish, filled with lava.

------------

Gameplay:

------------

It was a top-down, strategy game. It was 2D, you acted like som kind of god ( Being able to move the people to other locations by picking them up with a large hand with a white glove. ) It's all singleplayer I think.

There is 4 races of people, all of them are human like. One that you control that I explained with the storyline, a similar race but with facial hair and much more aggressive. And two others, one of them represent the coldly islands and one that represent the desert islands.

The gameplay goes like this: There are 4 different types of the race you control. All/Some of them are able to go to combat.

Red: Your basic type, it can build houses and fight.

Green: Your military type, specializes on fighting.

Blue: Stays in the houses and research for abilities.

Yellow?: I don't quite remember what this type was for ( Or if even existed ) but I guess when they stayed in a house and provided with fish the number of people would increase overtime.

You build and upgrade houses/castles to increase your population limit, when there are people in a certain house you can right click on it and a display appears of how it looks inside and shows how many of each type is in there. Each type is in a specific corner, and in the top middle of the house is where you choose abilities to research and use.

I think there was some resource gathering but don't quite remember, like fishing.

The thing that I find it interesting in this game ( And why I want to find this game again ) is the ability to change the terrain at will, no hills just 1 layer of dirt. You are able to choose tools to dig the ground and reveal water with your god hand, and put the mass that you dug up to another place. Making it somewhat funny to just dig the ground and see your enemys just fall into the water and drown, but you can't destroy buildings this way.

There are some ablities you can research like storm to devastate a certain area as it just makes holes ( Their way of showing everything flooding ) on the ground revealing the ocean for the enemy to fall in and die, teleportaion for easier movement of your troops, earthquakes and bear traps. Each have a cooldown.

The way to win in every level is to eliminate the enemy. The way to capture enemy houses I think was to send enough troops inside and wait until the inhabitants inside the house is dead. Or use some powerfull ability and send the house into the ocean by an earthquake.

I can remember some more details about the game but I think I have explained the game to a great extent already.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1504 Black_Knight_00

@masteroliw: It sounds like Populous 2 or Black and White, but I know that's neither.

wiks5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1505  Edited By wiks5

Hey guys, i'm searching for an old game, i played it on my PC on Windows XP. It was released probably in early 2000s. It is a RTS game, where you were controlling a village (sorta like in settlers series). Graphics didnt aim on realism, but was in 3D. You had to feed your people and give them luxury goods like soap for the village to prosper. One of the buildings, which was producing that soap had a big bowl with mixer in which the soap was produced. The resources werent large in numbers, a single bush or banana tree had 2 or 3 food, but they regrow after some days.

That's all i recall from the game right now, but i still remember one of the soundtracks very good, so it may be a good way to recognise the game.

RainFeelsGood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1506 RainFeelsGood
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@RainFeelsGood said:

@RainFeelsGood said:

Hi.

Here's the best description I can give...

You race a spaceship through 3D levels, and it's played from a bird's eye view. The levels are different spacey maps, desert-like, industrial, canyons, etc. You've got weapons and shields on the spaceships, and pieces break off if you shoot at them or crash into the wall. The game must have come out somewhere around 2003 - 2007.

System?

PC

larrythelama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1507  Edited By larrythelama

game i played in early 2000's on pc. You played as a yellow mech. It was a 2d birds eye shooter. I remember there were 3 weapons you could use. one was the base little red laser, missiles that could fly over terrain, and a blue plasma ball. There are 3 levels that i remember.

first, your ship crashes and you must roam the map destroying these little generators so you can bring down the shields of a big generator.

second, you were assaulting an enemy postion with a force of ally tanks. you had to keep one of your tanks alive and have them destroy the building at the end.

third, i think it was the final boss. You had to fight a big ufo. Its points of weakness were circles on the outer edges of it.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1508 Black_Knight_00

@RainFeelsGood: Try Vangers

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1509  Edited By Black_Knight_00
@larrythelama said:

game i played in early 2000's on pc. You played as a yellow mech. It was a 2d birds eye shooter. I remember there were 3 weapons you could use. one was the base little red laser, missiles that could fly over terrain, and a blue plasma ball. There are 3 levels that i remember.

first, your ship crashes and you must roam the map destroying these little generators so you can bring down the shields of a big generator.

second, you were assaulting an enemy postion with a force of ally tanks. you had to keep one of your tanks alive and have them destroy the building at the end.

third, i think it was the final boss. You had to fight a big ufo. Its points of weakness were circles on the outer edges of it.

Outbound

Great freeware game

iwiggums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1510  Edited By iwiggums

I played this game on PC when I was a kid, probably early 2000's, potentially late 90's. Hopefully someone can help me out.

The game was about these little blue creatures with no arms and curved bodies, with some name like "Trumbles" or whatever.

The goal of the game was to guide a number of these creatures up to the top of a mountain. Along the way, you'd have to play numerous games and challenges that might result in you losing some of the creatures. Once you reach the top, there is a statue of one of the creatures that all the creatures fill into, with the total number of creatures that made it up being your score. Then, you'd go back to the bottom and start again.

There was one challenge involving feeding 3-4 creatures a meal. They'd all have clues about what they liked and didn't like, and you'd win by getting everything right.

Another mini-game involved turtles in a pond, and you had to guide the creatures to jump from one to the other to reach the other side.

The title of the game was something like "Troobles and the journey up the mountain!" or something close to that.

wiks5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1511 wiks5

@wiks5 said:

Hey guys, i'm searching for an old game, i played it on my PC on Windows XP. It was released probably in early 2000s. It is a RTS game, where you were controlling a village (sorta like in settlers series). Graphics didnt aim on realism, but was in 3D. You had to feed your people and give them luxury goods like soap for the village to prosper. One of the buildings, which was producing that soap had a big bowl with mixer in which the soap was produced. The resources werent large in numbers, a single bush or banana tree had 2 or 3 food, but they regrow after some days.

That's all i recall from the game right now, but i still remember one of the soundtracks very good, so it may be a good way to recognise the game.

Anyone has a clue of the game's title? or soundtrack which i could recognise?

masteroliw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1512 masteroliw

Just found the game by searching through pictures of windows 98 games. It was Skull Caps.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1513 Black_Knight_00

@wiks5: working on it man

@masteroliw: see, you didn't need help after all lol

LonelyMiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1514  Edited By LonelyMiner

Hi guys, I hope you can help me out here. years ago I found this online puzzle/experimenting game where you had to get a bunch of organisms to evolve by eating different things/each other and the aim of the game was to find all (13 possibly??) of the different creatures, it was top-down with drag/drop style gameplay. You were looking down on a room with concrete floor and walls, there was a patch of dirt at the bottom of the room, some water in the top-right and some kind of corpse in the top-left which I seem to recall generated the base-form which was maggots. If you put the maggots on the dirt, they would become worms and if you put ??? in the water, it would turn into something (that i only today found out) similar looking to a Glacus Atlanticus (Picture >>>). The creatures I remember are maggots, worms, beetles, this thing>>>, spindly spiders of some sort... That's as much as I can think of right now.

Cheers for any help!

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1515 Black_Knight_00

@lonelyminer: By "online" do you mean a flash game or a normal game with an online component?

Pretor1an

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1516 Pretor1an
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Hey guys,

I've been looking for a video game (PC) I played when I was small. I don't remember the name, but I do remember that it was like a strategy game, where you could play as different heroes. The crazy thing was, that there were some unusual heroes, like a Lion with armor (also the lion always said something with "territory", that's why I learned this word from that game :D ), some kind of frog or toad, and each hero had some kind of special units which could level up and gain new armor and stuff. The game can't be that old, probably around 10-13 years, it had 3D graphics. I know that is not much information but I would be glad if someone could help me.

The thing that was most striking with this game, was really that you had these crazy heroes. The Lion which walked on two feet and the toad are the ones I remember best, but there were also "normal humans", like a woman with a staff or sth. The game worked like your standard strategy game, there was fog of war, and I think some neutral monsters on the map, besides the enemy players. I remember only playing it single player.

(BTW: I accidently created a new post before finding this threat, so pls bear with me, and feel free to remove my extra post.)

LonelyMiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1517 LonelyMiner

@Black_Knight_00: It was in-browser, I don't know if that means it's definitely flash.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1519 Black_Knight_00

@Pretor1an: RTS or TBS?

Pretor1an

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1520 Pretor1an

@Black_Knight_00: RTS, but I already found it out. It's Lords of Everquest :)

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1521  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@Pretor1an said:

@Black_Knight_00: RTS, but I already found it out. It's Lords of Everquest :)

Oh god, that was going to be one of my two guesses lol

ismail3334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1522  Edited By ismail3334

the game was somewhere in 2006

ok now i am 13 and when i was 9 i played a game on pc that was real cool but i wanna play it again and i cant remember the name its stuck in my head

info: ok at the first lvl u start in a car with a mini gun on the back its a war game u start in the back of the car with some soldiers and some planes are crashing nearly and then the car flips from a missle and ur friends die so u have to get to a training camp where u have to kill some soldiers now the graphics where good as i remember and so did the sound and then u have to kill all soldiers in the camp and then bomb a gate to get to next map where u are in a destroyed city and u have to kill soldiers too and some how u get to the third stage where u have to shoot down helicopters (FPS) and some how u can get soldiers to help u

thats all i know thx for help i have searched alot it not call of duty nor medal of honor nor battle field nor half life nor doom nor blood nor hitman i rly cant find it ! :/ thx anyway

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1523 Black_Knight_00

@ismail3334: Unfortunately that describes pretty much every military FPS ever.

matmaguire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1524  Edited By matmaguire

Dying to know what this game is, have attempted finding it by searching for walkthroughs but no luck thus far.

Really old PC game from the early 90's. All i remember are the following scenes

1. Walking into an old ladies messy apartment and grabbing an Eiffel tower ornament

2. Walking into a public toilet down by a train station and getting ambushed by gang members

3. Think there may have been a dog involved somewhere

Any help will be massively appreciated, this is killing me.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1525 Black_Knight_00

@matmaguire said:

Dying to know what this game is, have attempted finding it by searching for walkthroughs but no luck thus far.

Really old PC game from the early 90's. All i remember are the following scenes

1. Walking into an old ladies messy apartment and grabbing an Eiffel tower ornament

2. Walking into a public toilet down by a train station and getting ambushed by gang members

3. Think there may have been a dog involved somewhere

Any help will be massively appreciated, this is killing me.

What kind of game was it? Point & Click adventure? Modern setting? Sci-fi?

matmaguire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1526 matmaguire

@Black_Knight_00: Yeah point and click for memory. Setting was a little sci-fi I guess, the world seemed very run down. I just remember choosing to enter a public toilet, which was obviously the wrong decision as there were gang members in there and I had to start again.

I have a feeling you were a young-ish boy

Another scene I think after leaving that ladies apartment was jumping into a skip bin?

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1527 Black_Knight_00

@matmaguire said:

@Black_Knight_00: Yeah point and click for memory. Setting was a little sci-fi I guess, the world seemed very run down. I just remember choosing to enter a public toilet, which was obviously the wrong decision as there were gang members in there and I had to start again.

I have a feeling you were a young-ish boy

Another scene I think after leaving that ladies apartment was jumping into a skip bin?

Try Innocent Until Caught, tell me if the graphics looked better or worse than that.

matmaguire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1528 matmaguire

@Black_Knight_00: Just had a look at the walkthrough on Youtube, doesn't look familiar unfortunately. I would say the graphics seemed better than that for memory... and it wasn't that futuristic. This game i'm thinking of occurred on Earth. From the 90's when it was made it seemed like the setting was their idea of the 2000's. The gang I was talking about were kind of like punks, although one pointed some form of lazer gun at you.

And although it was a in a point and click style, it was set from the eye of the character. So you would click to the right of screen and it would load a new area. The character wouldn't actually walk around as such. However you definitely had an inventory as you picked up items such as that Eiffel tower ornament.

Thanks for your help here mate, really appreciate it

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1529 Black_Knight_00

@matmaguire: Knowing it's first-person actually helps a lot. Let's see if we can squeeze out a few more details. Would you say the setting was serious (crime, murder) or more of a cartoony tone? Any cutscene or line of dialogue, character names you can remember?

Did the game have static screens (like Myst) or could you look around (like Myst 3)?

Do you remember playing many games on MS-DOS or did you mostly play on Windows 3.11 or 95?

matmaguire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1530  Edited By matmaguire

@Black_Knight_00: Yeah it seemed serious, with no humour from what I can remember, but didn't seem as if death or murder was involved. When you ran into the punk/gang guys in the public toilet, I'm not sure if you 'died' as such but you definitely had to start over again. Can't remember any names at all, but for some reason I seem to remember the main character either having a dog that walked around with him, OR that there was a dog with an old lady in an apartment.

It was more static like Myst, but don't think the graphics were as good. Although you couldn't visibly walk around, the static screens remind me a little bit like the screens in 'The secret of Monkey Island' such as this one

http://scummbar.com/imageviewer/imageviewer2.php?dep=screenshots_mi1_pc&image=thumb1-4.gif&goback=http://scummbar.com/games/index.php?game=1~~sub=info&showtype=

For memory the little dialogue was like the above photo.

Those 2 scenes I remember with the old lady in the messy apartment with the eiffel tower ornament and the public toilet with the gang members was right at the start of the game and pretty sure they preceded one another.

I used to play this game at my tutors house, it would have been around the mid 90's I'm thinking. Other games I remember playing there were 'The Magic School Bus - Inside the Human Body' which was released in 1994. Their computer also had that "Rodents Revenge' game on it so I'm assuming it was Windows 95?

Hope this helps! Have been looking all arvo but no luck as of yet

_Judas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#1531 _Judas_
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

@Black_Knight_00 : I just wanted to give this guy (YOU!) some cred. I've been reading through this topic now, and I see you have been very helpful to many of the members here. You are contributing and creating a very thriving community! I think you should recieve a reward for this! Keep up the excellent work :)

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1532 Black_Knight_00

@_Judas_ said:

@Black_Knight_00 : I just wanted to give this guy (YOU!) some cred. I've been reading through this topic now, and I see you have been very helpful to many of the members here. You are contributing and creating a very thriving community! I think you should recieve a reward for this! Keep up the excellent work :)

haha, no big deal really

Holst235

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1534 Holst235

please, PLEASE help me. i have had this game that i played a LONG time ago in my head for almost a year. on to the game description.

- 2d sidescrolling with "layers" like in little big planet

- i remember some of the many characters, a monk in monk outfit, a wizard maybe in green robes.

.- kind of a cartonney look although not completely.

- it must have been a 200s game.

- you can play multiplayer on one pc.

- its kinda a combination game, so different characters have different abilities. one even turns in to another character.

i hope you know the game, i'll keep digging on my own

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1535 Black_Knight_00

@holst235 said:

please, PLEASE help me. i have had this game that i played a LONG time ago in my head for almost a year. on to the game description.

- i remember some of the many characters, a monk in monk outfit, a wizard maybe in green robes.

- its kinda a combination game, so different characters have different abilities. one even turns in to another character.

By "scrolling" do you mean a platformer ot a scrolling beat'em up (like Final Fight)?

What do you mean by "layers like LBP"?

Was it fantasy, modern, sci-fi?

Anthexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1536  Edited By Anthexx

@Black_Knight_00:

Nope, sorry, that wasn't it :( The graphics were a lot darker, and it's more of a top-down view, not really as 3D-ish as that game :P

Edit: The gameworld is like you're on a spacestation of some sort, probably should have mentioned that o: But it's funny that I can't find anything about the Rayman-ish game I also mentioned, you'd think you could find it on their list, but I never saw it :/

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1537 Black_Knight_00

@Anthexx said:

@Black_Knight_00:

Nope, sorry, that wasn't it :( The graphics were a lot darker, and it's more of a top-down view, not really as 3D-ish as that game :P

Edit: The gameworld is like you're on a spacestation of some sort, probably should have mentioned that o: But it's funny that I can't find anything about the Rayman-ish game I also mentioned, you'd think you could find it on their list, but I never saw it :/

About your Rayman-ish game, it is likely Tonic Trouble

Whyt17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1538 Whyt17
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Hi - hoping someone can help me recall this game.

It was for PC and I think I played it early 2000s. It was a third-person game where you could run around, talk to people and I believe shoot/fight. The game world was a sort of urban-futuristic and I recall in the opening cut-scene people in a street being gunned-down in a drive by shooting. You had the option of choosing to play as either the male or female main character. I can't remember much about the male except he was muscular and wore black, but the female character wore tight blue pants and top and had black shoulder-length hair. Her proportions weren't much different from an old-school Ms Croft if you get me.

I think the box art was plain white with both characters on the front, with the chick being closer in view than the guy. They were drawn in a Western comic-book style, not anime or cgi rendered.

This has been bugging me for so long and I finally decided to ask about it - any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1539 Black_Knight_00
@Whyt17 said:

Hi - hoping someone can help me recall this game.

It was for PC and I think I played it early 2000s. It was a third-person game where you could run around, talk to people and I believe shoot/fight. The game world was a sort of urban-futuristic and I recall in the opening cut-scene people in a street being gunned-down in a drive by shooting. You had the option of choosing to play as either the male or female main character. I can't remember much about the male except he was muscular and wore black, but the female character wore tight blue pants and top and had black shoulder-length hair. Her proportions weren't much different from an old-school Ms Croft if you get me.

I think the box art was plain white with both characters on the front, with the chick being closer in view than the guy. They were drawn in a Western comic-book style, not anime or cgi rendered.

This has been bugging me for so long and I finally decided to ask about it - any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Anachronox

Whyt17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1540 Whyt17

@Black_Knight_00: No that's not it sorry to say. But thanks for trying; I can see from my description why you would think that. The thing I can remember the most is the female protagonist - she looked a little different that that character, her outfit was a lighter blue. But anyway, thanks again.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1541  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@Whyt17 said:

@Black_Knight_00: No that's not it sorry to say. But thanks for trying; I can see from my description why you would think that. The thing I can remember the most is the female protagonist - she looked a little different that that character, her outfit was a lighter blue. But anyway, thanks again.

What genre of game are we talking about? Shooter? RPG? Action adventure?

Whyt17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1542 Whyt17

@Black_Knight_00: I can't remember for certain, but I think it would've been an action adventure or similar to that.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1543  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@Whyt17 said:

@Black_Knight_00: I can't remember for certain, but I think it would've been an action adventure or similar to that.

Found it. It's The Creed

Box art: http://pics.mobygames.com/images/covers/large/1245091119-00.jpg

Intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-UY93lhdsg

Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ-ikEqvFhE

Whyt17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1544  Edited By Whyt17

@Black_Knight_00: That's amazing! You found it! Thank you so much!

Whyt17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1545  Edited By Whyt17

Holst235

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1547  Edited By Holst235

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@holst235 said:

By "scrolling" do you mean a platformer ot a scrolling beat'em up (like Final Fight)?

What do you mean by "layers like LBP"?

Was it fantasy, modern, sci-fi?

sorry for that lack of information

- it is fantasy

- the layers like LBP is where you can move all ways like the arrows show, like backwards and forward. (athoug you are not restricted to a certain number of "layers" as in LBP, its kinda move free)

- it's a beat 'em up

- its very much like final fight, same way of "layers", but the characters are cartooney and smaller and of what i rememberr pixels weren''t even near as visible as in final fight.

- its a pc download game (don't know if you also can get a cd rom). i remember the final boss has kinda purple magic stuff.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1548 Black_Knight_00

@Whyt17 said:

You're welcome ;)

LonelyMiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1549 LonelyMiner

@Black_Knight_00: So, any idea what game it might be?

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1550 Black_Knight_00

@lonelyminer said:

@Black_Knight_00: So, any idea what game it might be?

Unfortunately I don't know anything about browser games :(