Official ''Can't remember the title of a game'' thread 2.0

#1101 Edited by smooz23 (6 posts) -

There's a game that I've been trying to remember for weeks now, but I can't remember much about it. I wanna say it's a ps1 game, and I know the final boss is floating on a cloud of some sort. Through out the game you learn new skills like ice, fire, and shrinking. The main character is a male but other than that the other details of the game escape me. I know it's not much but it anybody has a clue of what it is that would be awesome. ^^

#1102 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18507 posts) -

@smooz23 said:

There's a game that I've been trying to remember for weeks now, but I can't remember much about it. I wanna say it's a ps1 game, and I know the final boss is floating on a cloud of some sort. Through out the game you learn new skills like ice, fire, and shrinking. The main character is a male but other than that the other details of the game escape me. I know it's not much but it anybody has a clue of what it is that would be awesome. ^^

2D/3D? Camera angle? Genre?

#1103 Posted by Metamania (12015 posts) -

@XTheRandomGuyX said:

@Black_Knight_00: I might have gotten a lot of facts wrong, it's been so long since the last time I played it. It might be Fighting Force, but I'm not sure. Thanks anyway!

You may want to find footage of the game first....

#1104 Posted by robert0327 (6 posts) -

Hello everyone, I use to play this game as a child but I cant remember the name of it. First you wake you in a house fire, run down stairs and out the house.
The character has blue hair and is a young male. Its a dragon attack and the whole village is on fire exept a church or something that you go into I think.
Your quest starts and the first boss is a giant toad/frog king.
There are not really any weapons I'm pretty sure it was on pc but, I also had a super nintendo.
It was a late 1980's-early 1990's but I could be wrong.
The game I would closely compare it to is final fantasy 1 and 2.
And A pre-thank you to whoever answers : )

#1105 Posted by KrutchesDK (7 posts) -

Hey, guys, first forum post on gamespot. Was wondering if you guys could help me out.

90's Era, doubt it was before or after, but you know how a child can remember.
First Person, but it wasn't an action game.
Genre was weird, I guess it was adventure...
Setting was in a zoo
3D backgrounds with 2D animations of animals
Was made for the PC

The story that I remember:
A helicopter crashed and you were in it, you were on your way to some zoo... Kind of like Jurassic Park, but not. You wake up and walk through the zoo only to find that the animals are cartoony, speak english, and are somewhat hilarious.

Characters I remember:
A rapping raven who did Poe.
A lion and a gazelle who had a day time talk show.

#1106 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18507 posts) -

@krutchesdk said:

Hey, guys, first forum post on gamespot. Was wondering if you guys could help me out.

90's Era, doubt it was before or after, but you know how a child can remember.

First Person, but it wasn't an action game.

Genre was weird, I guess it was adventure...

Setting was in a zoo

3D backgrounds with 2D animations of animals

Was made for the PC

The story that I remember:

A helicopter crashed and you were in it, you were on your way to some zoo... Kind of like Jurassic Park, but not. You wake up and walk through the zoo only to find that the animals are cartoony, speak english, and are somewhat hilarious.

Characters I remember:

A rapping raven who did Poe.

A lion and a gazelle who had a day time talk show.

Zootopia

#1107 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18507 posts) -
@robert0327 said:

Hello everyone, I use to play this game as a child but I cant remember the name of it. First you wake you in a house fire, run down stairs and out the house.

The character has blue hair and is a young male. Its a dragon attack and the whole village is on fire exept a church or something that you go into I think.

Your quest starts and the first boss is a giant toad/frog king.

There are not really any weapons I'm pretty sure it was on pc but, I also had a super nintendo.

It was a late 1980's-early 1990's but I could be wrong.

The game I would closely compare it to is final fantasy 1 and 2.

And A pre-thank you to whoever answers : )

The first Breath of Fire

#1108 Posted by KrutchesDK (7 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: Black Knight why do they call you that? You're more like a white knight in shining armor for giving me my childhood back <3

#1109 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18507 posts) -

@krutchesdk said:

@Black_Knight_00: Black Knight why do they call you that? You're more like a white knight in shining armor for giving me my childhood back <3

haha it's a mystery. You're welcome ;)

#1110 Edited by XTheRandomGuyX (7 posts) -

@Metamania: I did, but I'm still not sure. There are definitely more than a few similarities, but I remember the graphics style being different and possibly the camera angle being locked in an isometric 45 degree view

#1111 Edited by osmosejones (3 posts) -

Hello,

The details I remember about the game are listed in short below; these make it difficult to find relevant results using google.

Stuff I remember about the game:

- Space game released between 2000 - 2005. I played it 2005 on PC, it looked kinda new. Decent graphics a la 2k+.

- Is played sort of "top down" controlled with mouse clicks, sort of like a 2D game with 3D graphics. It is VERY zoomed out 3rd person (your ship isnt that big)... Either that or I just consistently zoomed out to see opponents. :P

- Last mission has you pitted against 1 ship where you and our opponent are both struggling around a black hole.

- Is played RPG style; you control 1 ship through the different missions, upgrade your ship between missions (upgrade cannons, torpedoes, shield, engine). I don't recall that you even see your own character/ship captain.

- From what I can remember, during battles you only control your own ship. You do not control or see characters.

- Normally you battle against 1 or 2 ships. The game is not fast paced. Your ship automatically fires cannons, while you control when to fire a finite amount of missiles.

- The game goes something like this: 1) You're tasked with killing a ship (or obtaining its tech, or something...), 2) you can the ship float around in a circle much like a naval battle, duking it out kinda slow paced, 3) you (usually) win, and then earn/scavenge tech to beef up your ship, 4) repeat.

- I might be wrong about these: the setting of the storyline is pretty serious (no "cartoon" colours, no jokes). I think the plot was something about you hunting some lost/forbidden/alien/stolen technology.

Cheers!

#1112 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18507 posts) -

@osmosejones: Try:

Flatspace

Aces of the Galaxy

#1113 Posted by osmosejones (3 posts) -

@osmosejones said:

Hello,

The details I remember about the game are listed in short below; these make it difficult to find relevant results using google.

Stuff I remember about the game:

- Space game released between 2000 - 2005. I played it 2005 on PC, it looked kinda new. Decent graphics a la 2k+.

- Is played sort of "top down" controlled with mouse clicks, sort of like a 2D game with 3D graphics. It is VERY zoomed out 3rd person (your ship isnt that big)... Either that or I just consistently zoomed out to see opponents. :P

- Last mission has you pitted against 1 ship where you and our opponent are both struggling around a black hole.

- Is played RPG style; you control 1 ship through the different missions, upgrade your ship between missions (upgrade cannons, torpedoes, shield, engine). I don't recall that you even see your own character/ship captain.

- From what I can remember, during battles you only control your own ship. You do not control or see characters.

- Normally you battle against 1 or 2 ships. The game is not fast paced. Your ship automatically fires cannons, while you control when to fire a finite amount of missiles.

- The game goes something like this: 1) You're tasked with killing a ship (or obtaining its tech, or something...), 2) you can the ship float around in a circle much like a naval battle, duking it out kinda slow paced, 3) you (usually) win, and then earn/scavenge tech to beef up your ship, 4) repeat.

- I might be wrong about these: the setting of the storyline is pretty serious (no "cartoon" colours, no jokes). I think the plot was something about you hunting some lost/forbidden/alien/stolen technology.

Cheers!

Aaaaand checking lists of pc game releases of 2000-2005 I stumbled upon a gameplay video that looked like the game.

Oh boy my memory of the game was WRONG.

The game is called Nexus: The Jupiter Incident.

Thanks @Black_Knight_00 ;)

#1114 Edited by FooFargles (6 posts) -

Please Help! Losing my mind. Hahah I used to play this Multiplayer RPG on PC. It is very old, 2d graphics. (Like when you move there is no animation, you just move forward) I remember a fire spell that was initially cast as one square, then upgraded to 9 when you learned the new skill.. For some reason i always think Winogn but from my searching that does not exist... you could type to talk to friends, it was an overhead view, seem to remember something about kobold cave. It was like .. almost 8bit graphics, you can make out the pixels...

#1115 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18507 posts) -

@osmosejones said:

Aaaaand checking lists of pc game releases of 2000-2005 I stumbled upon a gameplay video that looked like the game.

Oh boy my memory of the game was WRONG.

The game is called Nexus: The Jupiter Incident.

Thanks @Black_Knight_00 ;)

Oh well, as long as you found it lol

#1116 Edited by predaattori (8 posts) -

@predaattori said:

Hey, I don't know name of this game:

-your character is girl (mayby vampire)

-graphics are cartoonish. I think the game is few years old at most.

- battles are minigames/puzzles where you try to match colors of minions. 3 in horizontal row makes wall and 3 in vertical attack your enemy. Some minions like vampires and ghosts are larger than others and have special effects.

Found it: Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes. :)

#1117 Edited by Gamer920 (8 posts) -

check out my new game channel on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/beastwithin920

#1118 Edited by garner199 (7 posts) -

hey guys

I played this game on the PC in the early 2000's

it was a point and click style game made for kids

you had navigate through a spaceship to launch it and your dad would stop you going into certain areas.

I don't remember much but I know it was in a cartoon style and it was first person.

I've been searching for hours now and got nothing on it so any help is greatly appreciated

#1119 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18507 posts) -

@garner199 said:

hey guys

I played this game on the PC in the early 2000's

it was a point and click style game made for kids

you had navigate through a spaceship to launch it and your dad would stop you going into certain areas.

I don't remember much but I know it was in a cartoon style and it was first person.

I've been searching for hours now and got nothing on it so any help is greatly appreciated

I Spy Fantasy?

#1120 Posted by garner199 (7 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: No but it was a similar game style, the entire game consisted of just trying to get into the upper area of the ship but your dad would stop you going the direct way. I never completed the game so I cant say how it ends.

#1121 Posted by mrshroomerson (7 posts) -

Well, this game I played when I was like 5-7 years old, in 2003-2005, on PS2. It was a game that included alot of ''mini games'' in it. One of the mini games I remember was a skateboarding game in first person. Another mini game was something where you were on a river and there were alot of waterfalls where you go down with like a boat in like a jungle. I'm not sure but there might have been something with boxing as a mini game in it as well.

#1122 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18507 posts) -
@mrshroomerson said:

Well, this game I played when I was like 5-7 years old, in 2003-2005, on PS2. It was a game that included alot of ''mini games'' in it. One of the mini games I remember was a skateboarding game in first person. Another mini game was something where you were on a river and there were alot of waterfalls where you go down with like a boat in like a jungle. I'm not sure but there might have been something with boxing as a mini game in it as well.

Eye Toy Play- Sports?

#1123 Posted by mrshroomerson (7 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00 said:
@mrshroomerson said:

Eye Toy Play- Sports?

No, controller game bro :P

#1124 Posted by AFracturedWorld (9 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@afracturedworld said:

@Black_Knight_00: Unfortunately, no. I guess I'm back to pondering/meditating on it..lol...

There are many details you can list. What the character and the enemies looked like, for instance. Remembering details about the gameplay can narrow down the list of systems it could be on.

Well, being a little frustrated and knowing that you would need more information than I could remember, I decided to do what I could and compile a list of systems that we had and games for them. It became tedious and ultimately, I think I found what I was looking for. So, just to let you know, I think the game is Adventure for the Atari 2600. I appreciate what help you could provide though. Thank you.

#1125 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18507 posts) -

@afracturedworld said:

Well, being a little frustrated and knowing that you would need more information than I could remember, I decided to do what I could and compile a list of systems that we had and games for them. It became tedious and ultimately, I think I found what I was looking for. So, just to let you know, I think the game is Adventure for the Atari 2600. I appreciate what help you could provide though. Thank you.

Oh, that's a classic game. Good find.

#1126 Posted by DarkorderOG (7 posts) -

Ok so i've had this game on my mind for some time now.Here are the details i can remember:

1.It's a strategy game with 3 races i can remember a:Humans b:Some sort of slave driving race, this is all i can remember about them c:some mechanical-like insect race with advanced technology and many flying ships

2.I think i played it between 2002-2006(+-1year)

3.I remember i to be 2D but since my memory is a bit foggy it can stretch to 2.5D

4.Ahhh yeah, the resources were very distinct and colourful thus i remember some of them: the most basic was blue i believe, then was Plutonium(green),some yellow and red crystals.

5.I'm not entirely sure about this one but i think you had to connect your bases with some sort of energy buildings possibly some poles.

This is all i could make of it please respond to this i'll be checking daily

#1127 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18507 posts) -

@darkorderog said:

Ok so i've had this game on my mind for some time now.Here are the details i can remember:

1.It's a strategy game with 3 races i can remember a:Humans b:Some sort of slave driving race, this is all i can remember about them c:some mechanical-like insect race with advanced technology and many flying ships

2.I think i played it between 2002-2006(+-1year)

3.I remember i to be 2D but since my memory is a bit foggy it can stretch to 2.5D

4.Ahhh yeah, the resources were very distinct and colourful thus i remember some of them: the most basic was blue i believe, then was Plutonium(green),some yellow and red crystals.

5.I'm not entirely sure about this one but i think you had to connect your bases with some sort of energy buildings possibly some poles.

This is all i could make of it please respond to this i'll be checking daily

Try WarBreeds

#1128 Posted by nodoubtfan82 (7 posts) -

The game itself most likely come out in the 1980's. It was a pc game and it was on a hardisk. The main character's (male) plane crashed onto an island and I think he had to find some witch doctor cause he only a certain amount of time to live, but also remember typing commands into the game as well. For instance, the main character would say something and I had to type what direction he should go in or type "open the door". No one probably knows what I'm talking about, but I thought I would just give it a shot.

Old 1980's hard disk game

jungle, plane crash, witch doctor, typing in commands, sort of like talking to the character, character was male...I also remember searching for items in a house or hut...

#1129 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18507 posts) -

@nodoubtfan82 said:

The game itself most likely come out in the 1980's. It was a pc game and it was on a hardisk. The main character's (male) plane crashed onto an island and I think he had to find some witch doctor cause he only a certain amount of time to live, but also remember typing commands into the game as well. For instance, the main character would say something and I had to type what direction he should go in or type "open the door". No one probably knows what I'm talking about, but I thought I would just give it a shot.

jungle, plane crash, witch doctor, typing in commands, sort of like talking to the character, character was male...I also remember searching for items in a house or hut...

Completely text based or did it have a graphical interface?

Could it be The Island?

#1130 Posted by DarkorderOG (7 posts) -

No not war breeds. :(

#1131 Posted by theabof (6 posts) -

pc game 1990's

scientist creates a clone who is evil and begins destroying city and you complete puzzle games to try and combat him

#1132 Posted by nodoubtfan82 (7 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@nodoubtfan82 said:

Completely text based or did it have a graphical interface?

Could it be The Island?

Not sure if it's the game you mentioned, but it did have a graphical interface.

#1133 Posted by PinchySkree (65 posts) -

An MSX platform game where you play as a guy who looks like the crash test dummy running around inside a computer.

#1134 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18507 posts) -

@PinchySkree said:

An MSX platform game where you play as a guy who looks like the crash test dummy running around inside a computer.

The Aventures of Microman

#1135 Edited by PinchySkree (65 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@PinchySkree said:

Nah the system predated the NES, the games were loaded in on cassette tapes.

#1136 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18507 posts) -

@PinchySkree said:

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@PinchySkree said:

Nah the system predated the NES, the games were loaded in on cassette tapes.

Try:

Thexder

Fire Hawk: Thexder - The Second Contact

Soul of a Robot

#1137 Edited by Spection (7 posts) -

@trugs26: I know it's really late, but THANK YOU SO MUCH! This is it!!! :) You're great!

#1138 Posted by trugs26 (5554 posts) -

@spection said:

@trugs26: I know it's really late, but THANK YOU SO MUCH! This is it!!! :) You're great!

Haha that's ok. I actually don't know this game, but to test myself I tried searching for it with the information you gave. Starting by selecting the key words you gave and going from there :P It was quite fun hunting it down and trying to narrow down what game you were talking about.

#1139 Edited by vetrenjaca (8 posts) -

Hi, guys. I don't remember much about this game, so i don't have big expectations.

It's a PC game (well, i played it on PC). It was a demo, Space Combat Simulation, or something. Anyway, it was played in space and from above. It's old game, 2000-2008 i think. In this mission that i played you get few ships at the beginning, and there was an enemy approaching from other side of space, and i think they arrived by FTL jump, but not sure. After you destroy that ships, next task had to do something with meteors. I don't quite remember did i have to destroy enemy base that was on meteor, or maybe enemy defense were on that mission. I never completed that mission because i would always get destroyed. Sometimes i couldn't fire some weapons, but i never figured out why, maybe i lost ammo or something. What i can remember from HUD when you click on your ship you could select type of weapon to fire like torpedoes, or cannons, maybe even lasers.

Well, that's all i can remember. I know its not much at all, but anyway thanks for help! :)

#1140 Edited by JJis121wan (7 posts) -

Hey everyone, I've been trying to remember this game and it's Killing me! The game was made for the play station 2 in the 2000-2007 range and it was like kingdom hearts with save points and parties, but it wasn't exactly a turn based game. I don't remember how it starts out but I do know that you begin as a male character then somehow (can't remember) You end up on a flying ship and you go to a lobby/bar like place inside the ship, you can run around the ship and it's in 3rd person view. You meet this girl in the game on the deck of the ship and then (I think) you fight monsters or some sort of creatures. I think it's like you use the flying ship to get to important levels and areas, and that the first level is some sort of forest like place where you follow the path of the river or something like that. If i'm even correct the game case has the 3 heads of the first 3 heroes you get and then there's a planet under them or it';s something like that. If you go into the booklet then go to the page that shows characters you will earn later in the game there's a lady with dark skin and purple hair and she looks like some jungle amazon lady (I only remember this because I wanted that character lol. That's all I can think of now, but if i remember anything else i'll post it,

-Thanks for reading :D

#1141 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18507 posts) -

@jjis121wan said:

Hey everyone, I've been trying to remember this game and it's Killing me! The game was made for the play station 2 in the 2000-2007 range and it was like kingdom hearts with save points and parties, but it wasn't exactly a turn based game. I don't remember how it starts out but I do know that you begin as a male character then somehow (can't remember) You end up on a flying ship and you go to a lobby/bar like place inside the ship, you can run around the ship and it's in 3rd person view. You meet this girl in the game on the deck of the ship and then (I think) you fight monsters or some sort of creatures. I think it's like you use the flying ship to get to important levels and areas, and that the first level is some sort of forest like place where you follow the path of the river or something like that. If i'm even correct the game case has the 3 heads of the first 3 heroes you get and then there's a planet under them or it';s something like that. If you go into the booklet then go to the page that shows characters you will earn later in the game there's a lady with dark skin and purple hair and she looks like some jungle amazon lady (I only remember this because I wanted that character lol. That's all I can think of now, but if i remember anything else i'll post it,

-Thanks for reading :D

Try:

Tales of Destiny 2

Shining Force: Neo and EXA

#1142 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18507 posts) -

@vetrenjaca: So, was it an action game? A strategy game? How did you control your ship? Did you control only one?

#1143 Posted by vetrenjaca (8 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: it was strategy game. no, you have 5 ships in that mission, maybe 6. you have 1 big one like mothership or something and 2-3 small ones and 1 something like cruiser. you click on a ship with left click and than choose command in HUD and execute, but i don't know what button, left or right.

#1144 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18507 posts) -
@vetrenjaca said:

@Black_Knight_00: it was strategy game. no, you have 5 ships in that mission, maybe 6. you have 1 big one like mothership or something and 2-3 small ones and 1 something like cruiser. you click on a ship with left click and than choose command in HUD and execute, but i don't know what button, left or right.

I can give you a list of titles, but with such vague info a strategy game on PC is like a needle in a haystack:

Homeworld (series)

X (series)

Sword of the Stars

Nexus - The Jupiter Incident

Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space

Haegemonia: Legions of Iron

Far Gate

#1145 Edited by vetrenjaca (8 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: ok, i just searched some pictures and Nexus - The jupiter incident is closest one. HUD is VERY similar to that game. My units i control are in upper left corner and enemies in upper right corner and ship control HUD is not so much similar but very close, i hope that helps. oh and i just remembered that to destroy someone you need to destroy their shields first which was very hard. and you couldn't build anything or upgrade or research like in ordinary strategy games.

#1146 Posted by minpeony (8 posts) -

Hi guys, I am looking for this strategy 3D RPG game played on Windows XP. The main character is a small red furry monster and he holds a brown wooden stick. There are 10 levels to the game whereby he needs to complete to save the princess. To enter each level, the red dude has to enter a portal. I recalled there were several types of monsters e.g. shadow monster- to kill them you need to find the switch to turn on the lights, light monster- turn the lights off. There was another monster that looks like a beetle you need to keep hitting it and it will turn into a rock or something then you can carry it or throw it on the floor. Level 10 was a mystery level so a big '?' was displayed on the portal. I remember in level 1, the red dude was stuck on a big ship and he needed to find his way out. Thanks for reading.

#1147 Posted by JJis121wan (7 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: OMG I REMEMBER, It's Called Rogue Galaxy, I as a little off with the details lol, But Yeah I found it, thanks for helping. :)

#1148 Posted by gamergath (34 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: I played this game a while back, can't remember the name of the game since many have been released. It was on the SEGA, Sonic sumthin'... i remember dashing through some halfway like tunnel getting coins (3D) and at one point in the game i had a final boss battle (sort of) with Dr. Robotnik in his hover craft (2D) I had to beat him by jumping on his head. Please help me out... Sucks not to remember :D

#1149 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18507 posts) -

@gamergath said:

@Black_Knight_00: I played this game a while back, can't remember the name of the game since many have been released. It was on the SEGA, Sonic sumthin'... i remember dashing through some halfway like tunnel getting coins (3D) and at one point in the game i had a final boss battle (sort of) with Dr. Robotnik in his hover craft (2D) I had to beat him by jumping on his head. Please help me out... Sucks not to remember :D

Sonic 3D Blast

#1150 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18507 posts) -

@minpeony said:

Hi guys, I am looking for this strategy 3D RPG game played on Windows XP. The main character is a small red furry monster and he holds a brown wooden stick. There are 10 levels to the game whereby he needs to complete to save the princess. To enter each level, the red dude has to enter a portal. I recalled there were several types of monsters e.g. shadow monster- to kill them you need to find the switch to turn on the lights, light monster- turn the lights off. There was another monster that looks like a beetle you need to keep hitting it and it will turn into a rock or something then you can carry it or throw it on the floor. Level 10 was a mystery level so a big '?' was displayed on the portal. I remember in level 1, the red dude was stuck on a big ship and he needed to find his way out. Thanks for reading.

2D/3D? Camera agle? Time Frame?