Official ''Can't remember the title of a game'' thread 2.0

#1001 Edited by Tienji (7 posts) -

No, man, I checked it out - it was just like it but with better graphics, some kind of animation-like, not that pixelised

#1002 Edited by cguria (7 posts) -

Please help me get the name of this game!

Multiplayer tank battle kind of a game. Asian developer most likely, had a weird name to it. Each 'tank' is more like a character with 2? types of weapons, and there were powerups for double damage. A lot of high angle shots were involved with some wind factor I can't remember. One of the tanks could shoot stuff through matter underground.

Its a PC based game and took up a significant portion of my life about 10 years ago.. Probably around 150-200MB at the time and I think you could play free for all or even 4v4 I can't be certain.

A massive blue ray of light used to shine down at some point during the battle or a tornado and would affect the trajectory or power of the shot

Most useful information:

  • Platform: PC
  • Genre: Online Multiplayer Battle Tanks
  • Year: Played about 10 years ago
  • Perspective: Animated, 2D Graphics
#1003 Posted by Planeforger (15488 posts) -

@cguria: Gunbound, perhaps? That was one of the more popular online tank games, from about a decade ago.

#1004 Posted by fishfungus (8 posts) -

I've played this one when i was very young. It was a favorite of mine when i could get my hands on it.

- From what I remember it was for the Xbox (maybe). Mid to late 90's no later than 2000. I remember having the PS1 and Xbox.

- Anyways the game play involved collecting cubes common and rare (don't remember exactly what colors) and stacking them on a 4 by 4 platform to crate guns, solders, jeeps (maybe), and even tanks. You used these against your enemy who was also trying to collect these cube. There was co-op multiplayer or verses against AI/friend.

- It was 3rd person, very cube like world, 3D kind of (Don't remember), and had very mild platforming (jumping up blocks).

- A little extra help. The character model is pill/worm like with no limbs but with hands and feet. I also believe the characters had helmets on.

#1005 Posted by cguria (7 posts) -

YES! THANK YOU PLANEFORGER! =D

#1006 Edited by mandos9 (2 posts) -

So, I am looking for an old 2D rpg from the 90's, probably for PC. It is a cross between Zelda and Diablo. A village is your central base, where you get quests etc.
You can kill chickens/hens by cutting off their head, and in the game there exist goblin-like enemies that make a funny sound, a screech, something like ' oink oink'. Any ideas?

#1007 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18209 posts) -

@mandos9 said:

So, I am looking for an old 2D rpg from the 90's, probably for PC. It is a cross between Zelda and Diablo. A village is your central base, where you get quests etc.

You can kill chickens/hens by cutting off their head, and in the game there exist goblin-like enemies that make a funny sound, a screech, something like ' oink oink'. Any ideas?

Dink Smallwood

#1008 Posted by mandos9 (2 posts) -
#1009 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18209 posts) -
#1010 Edited by boytronic (6 posts) -

Hi, I'm looking for a name of an old 2D platformer I played '91 on an arcade machine. Don't remember much about it, think it starts in woods and you play a small guy like a dwarf shooting fireballs. You had to jump on an owl to cross lava, there was a shop that sold spells (better fireballs that acted like weapons on Contra) and last boss was a huge demon that moved up and down and shoot at you. Can't remember much, just hope it will be enough to someone :D

#1011 Posted by MathiasJNielsen (8 posts) -

Hi need help here!

The game im looking for is from the years around 2000 the game is a kinda tower defence where your goal is to hold and push back "water" or

alien goo looking like water with a somewhat big array of tower like: machingun, mortar and some others.

I remember playing this in school and it was alot of fun i also remember the "water" rising and trying to hold it back so i could get to the goal

its a top down strategy pov

hope any of this help...

#1012 Posted by Dixxies (7 posts) -

Hi,

Please help I'm loosing it.

Played a game on my old PC around 17 to 20 years ago. It was a map, adventure, turn, role playing game where you could bring 3 characters into the journey and every time you could change the characters for the specific voyage. Each character earned his own exp in the turn fight and had specific powers.

There was a robot dog who shoot lasers. A girl with a gun with in jeans I think and a lot more characters.

There were a lot of different towns and sites to recruit more party members. It all started with a girl, she is the main character.

It took a long time to play it. While traveling from one place to another on a map click an ambush could happen for a turn based action fight.

I would very much appreciate any help.

Thank you

#1013 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18209 posts) -

@dixxies said:

Hi,

Please help I'm loosing it.

Played a game on my old PC around 17 to 20 years ago. It was a map, adventure, turn, role playing game where you could bring 3 characters into the journey and every time you could change the characters for the specific voyage. Each character earned his own exp in the turn fight and had specific powers.

There was a robot dog who shoot lasers. A girl with a gun with in jeans I think and a lot more characters.

There were a lot of different towns and sites to recruit more party members. It all started with a girl, she is the main character.

It took a long time to play it. While traveling from one place to another on a map click an ambush could happen for a turn based action fight.

I would very much appreciate any help.

Thank you

Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator

#1014 Posted by Palatura (7 posts) -

Hello,

Long time ago I played a 2D magic RPG like game. I don't think it has a story. You could choose between two old magicians. You can explore dungeons I think. There was a shop that's open only at day where you can buy spells and some other stuff. Once you explore a bit of a map it's shown on the map. You have to collect keys to open final dungeon. Every map is different. It's kinda open world but in cuts. The soundtrack is calm. I played it 4-6 years ago on windows xp. I think it's base game but I'm not sure. That's all I can remember yet.

Thank you and sorry if I made any spelling mistakes.

#1015 Posted by Dyldozzer (10 posts) -

Could probably think of the game if i tried, but i guess I'm to lazy.

I think it starts with a "B", maybe Beast-somthing. idk

Its a 2D side scroller

You are a Barbarian or something who fights monsters, and when you die you are reserected by god.

And i believe it was a Sega game

Thanks

#1016 Edited by Mad_Nick (7 posts) -

Hello

I cant remember the name of a game i used to play when i was a kid on my Playstation 1

all i remember was that it was a

- 3d person shooter

- it's a 3d game

you are given a small aircraft and you are dropped on a planet

and you need to complete a mission shooting stuff

you can go in to 1st person mode

you have lasers

after completing the mission you need to gain altetude and leave the atmosphere of the planet

and catch on with a mothership thats orbiting the planet and is acompanied with two smaller ships of the same size as yours

you approach the mothership from the back and dock into it and thus proceed to another level

i remember there was a planet that was like mars red and dead

the landscape of the first world included trees,water,hills,roads,some tall buildings some sort of stations

when you did hit the ground with your lasers i beleve it terned black or something

i also remember that if you blast stuff they drop big colored crystals

not really sure about the release date, somewhere around 2000's

looks something like this picture

#1017 Posted by XTheRandomGuyX (7 posts) -

I have no idea where to look but here. I have browsed the entire Wikipedia list of co-op games AND the entire list of beat 'em up games at least three times. I'll give as much details as I possibly can.

The game I am looking for, I played at least 9 or 10 years ago on a Windows XP computer (the game might be older than this though). It was a beat 'em up game I played with a friend back then. He played with the keyboard, I played with a joystick. The game was in 3d with an (I believe) isometric point of view. There were 4 characters to choose from, one of them was a woman with high heels, one of them a big black guy, and the other two I don't really remember, because we always only played with the first 2. They all had special move, which made their hands/feet glow. The levels were made up out of sections, where you had to beat all the enemies to advance to the next section. In the final section, you had to battle a boss to advance the story and go on to the next level.

I'll try and describe some bosses, but this is all I can remember

I remember that there was a boss in a disco area, where you had to fight him on the dance floor. There were either strippers or just skimpy dressed women that functioned as the boss's minions. That's all I can describe about that boss.

Then there was this crazy professor guy with one huge arm, that he could stomp on the floor, causing a shock wave to travel over the floor, you had to evade those shock waves by jumping/standing on something else (anything but the ground). This boss was the boss we always died at.

I really hope somebody will recognise this game and I'll be eternally grateful to the person that can tell me what game this is. I need to play it again, because I can't get the game out of my head. Thanks in advance to the people that are willing to help.

#1018 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18209 posts) -

@mad_nick: Try:

Vanark

Colony Wars Red Sun

B-Movie (aka: Invasion from Beyond)

Star Fighter 3000

#1019 Posted by MathiasJNielsen (8 posts) -

Hi need help here!

It's a game i rembember playing when i was a kid it's a hunting game where you could ex. shoot rabits with a minigun

and your goal in the missions was to shoot animals in the woods, and when you picked the dead animal up

you had a little bottle on your HUD and it would fill with blood as you picked them up and you would need

a specific amount of blood to complete the mission.

hope this help

#1020 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18209 posts) -

Hi need help here!

It's a game i rembember playing when i was a kid it's a hunting game where you could ex. shoot rabits with a minigun

and your goal in the missions was to shoot animals in the woods, and when you picked the dead animal up

you had a little bottle on your HUD and it would fill with blood as you picked them up and you would need

a specific amount of blood to complete the mission.

hope this help

Gunny Bunny

#1021 Posted by Mad_Nick (7 posts) -
#1022 Edited by MathiasJNielsen (8 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: No not that on it is a actual hunting game with dears, rabits and bears

#1023 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18209 posts) -
#1024 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18209 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: No not that on it is a actual hunting game with dears, rabits and bears

Deer Hunter 3, 4 or 5

Deer Avenger 4

Primal Prey

Rocky Mountain Trophy Hunter 3

Cabela's Big Game Hunter III

#1025 Edited by Dixxies (7 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@dixxies said:

Hi,

Please help I'm loosing it.

Played a game on my old PC around 17 to 20 years ago. It was a map, adventure, turn, role playing game where you could bring 3 characters into the journey and every time you could change the characters for the specific voyage. Each character earned his own exp in the turn fight and had specific powers.

There was a robot dog who shoot lasers. A girl with a gun with in jeans I think and a lot more characters.

There were a lot of different towns and sites to recruit more party members. It all started with a girl, she is the main character.

It took a long time to play it. While traveling from one place to another on a map click an ambush could happen for a turn based action fight.

I would very much appreciate any help.

Thank you

Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator

Yes it is Septerra Core!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you..... :)

#1026 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18209 posts) -
@dixxies said:

@Black_Knight_00 said:

Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator

Yes it is Septerra Core!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you..... :)

You're welcome ;)

#1027 Edited by Ashikoki (8 posts) -

Hello. I think this will be a tough one. When I was a little kid (most likely less than six) I played a game and I don't remember much about it. It was a 2D (probably PC) game in which you take care of some strange pets. I think that they hatched from an egg or a machine shaped like egg. The scenery reminded me of some kind of lab. You could do various things using your cursor but the most distinctive thing that I remember is that you could (it may sound weird)... slap them (the cursor changed into a hand). You could slap them few times and then they passed out I think. That is the reason I want to find this game. When I recall playing this I consider it crazy that you could actually do that in a game like that and because of that I remember this detail. I want to see what really was that all about. Sorry about the lack of information but I probably played it only once and as I said I was a little kid. I hope that you can help me :D

#1028 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18209 posts) -

@ashikoki said:

Hello. I think this will be a tough one. When I was a little kid (most likely less than six) I played a game and I don't remember much about it. It was a 2D (probably PC) game in which you take care of some strange pets. I think that they hatched from an egg or a machine shaped like egg. The scenery reminded me of some kind of lab. You could do various things using your cursor but the most distinctive thing that I remember is that you could (it may sound weird)... slap them (the cursor changed into a hand). You could slap them few times and then they passed out I think. That is the reason I want to find this game. When I recall playing this I consider it crazy that you could actually do that in a game like that and because of that I remember this detail. I want to see what really was that all about. Sorry about the lack of information but I probably played it only once and as I said I was a little kid. I hope that you can help me :D

Which time frame are we talking about, more or less?

#1029 Posted by Ashikoki (8 posts) -

Let's see... it will be 1999 - 2001 (I would not remember it if I was less than four or remember it better if I was more than six so it has to be close to those years).

#1030 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18209 posts) -

@ashikoki said:

Let's see... it will be 1999 - 2001 (I would not remember it if I was less than four or remember it better if I was more than six so it has to be close to those years).

Creatures 3? Video

#1031 Posted by Ashikoki (8 posts) -

Oh man, thanks! That's it. I didn't really think that somebody will find it. You must be a magician of some kind :D (This game is creepy though).

#1033 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18209 posts) -

@ashikoki said:

Oh man, thanks! That's it. I didn't really think that somebody will find it. You must be a magician of some kind :D (This game is creepy though).

It is creepy! You're welcome ;)

#1034 Posted by Palatura (7 posts) -

@palatura said:

Hello,

Long time ago I played a 2D magic RPG like game. I don't think it has a story. You could choose between two old magicians. You can explore dungeons I think. There was a shop that's open only at day where you can buy spells and some other stuff. Once you explore a bit of a map it's shown on the map. You have to collect keys to open final dungeon. Every map is different. It's kinda open world but in cuts. The soundtrack is calm. I played it 4-6 years ago on windows xp. I think it's base game but I'm not sure. That's all I can remember yet.

Thank you and sorry if I made any spelling mistakes.

So, can anyone help?

#1035 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18209 posts) -

@palatura: You can add a few details: 2D/3D graphics, camera angle, combat system?

Also, what does "base game" mean?

#1036 Posted by donmuath (53 posts) -

Ok this is a game I saw my cousin playing but I still cant find.

1-It was 2002-2005 give or take.

2- Your first main mission is to deliver a message from the captain of a ship, can't remember what happened to the ship.

3- I'm pretty sure it's an action RPG.

4- It's not one of these RPGs: BGII, Planescape, IWD, NWN, Arcanum or any of the divinity games.

5- You played as one character, so not party based.

6- I believe at some point you get one of these Chinese Scythes like in Fate of the Dragon.

#1037 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18209 posts) -

@donmuath said:

Ok this is a game I saw my cousin playing but I still cant find.

1-It was 2002-2005 give or take.

2- Your first main mission is to deliver a message from the captain of a ship, can't remember what happened to the ship.

3- I'm pretty sure it's an action RPG.

4- It's not one of these RPGs: BGII, Planescape, IWD, NWN, Arcanum or any of the divinity games.

5- You played as one character, so not party based.

6- I believe at some point you get one of these Chinese Scythes like in Fate of the Dragon.

Camera angle?

#1038 Posted by JamBove (8 posts) -

-I it played around 2006-2007
-Pc, Tetris-like puzzle shooter game, there is water on the bottom, and you play a character with a boat, or a ship(small).
-You shoot the right colored bullet or whatever at fruits
-Co-op too, there is a plank in the middle so you cant cross ,but you can shoot across somethimes(there is a hole in the plank)
The one character I remember is like the grandma from the game Worms, and the artwork is similiar to Worm

Thanks in advance

#1039 Posted by Moltak111 (9 posts) -
#1040 Posted by donmuath (53 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: It's got an isometric camera angel, you moved withe the mouse like in Diablo.

#1041 Edited by Haileenav (7 posts) -

Okay I'm going insane not knowing this game title.

- It's a newer game, most likely 2012 or 2013.

- I played it on either Ps3 or Xbox360

- It has tons of puzzles, locked doors, strange powers, blah blah

- I remember tons of demon creatures, spiders, vampires, giant trolls, and more... I think there was a crazy butcher...

- Sometimes you could summon this naked witch lady.. o.o

-There was an annoying little troll thingy or something that kept stealing something that was mine or something...

- I think as weapons it was mostly powers rather than physical weapons..

- It reminds me so much of God of War as I'm playing it with my brother at this very second, driving me even more insane....

- I remember towards the end you had a battle on top of some flying death bird dragon thingy

- When the game was over there was a realistic present day scene of like suicide I think...?

I know I'm not being the most specific....

Any ideas that I could just look up to maybe find it? Thanks so much. :3

#1042 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18209 posts) -

Okay I'm going insane not knowing this game title.

- It's a newer game, most likely 2012 or 2013.

- I played it on either Ps3 or Xbox360

- It has tons of puzzles, locked doors, strange powers, blah blah

- I remember tons of demon creatures, spiders, vampires, giant trolls, and more... I think there was a crazy butcher...

- Sometimes you could summon this naked witch lady.. o.o

-There was an annoying little troll thingy or something that kept stealing something that was mine or something...

- I think as weapons it was mostly powers rather than physical weapons..

- It reminds me so much of God of War as I'm playing it with my brother at this very second, driving me even more insane....

- I remember towards the end you had a battle on top of some flying death bird dragon thingy

- When the game was over there was a realistic present day scene of like suicide I think...?

I know I'm not being the most specific....

Any ideas that I could just look up to maybe find it? Thanks so much. :3

Castlevania Lords of Shadow?

#1043 Posted by Haileenav (7 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: Oh my god you magic game person I love you. :DDDDDD Thats it... :333333

#1044 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18209 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: Oh my god you magic game person I love you. :DDDDDD Thats it... :333333

haha, the annoying troll thing stealing your stuff gave it away. You're welcome ;)

#1045 Posted by Spection (7 posts) -

Hi, I don't remember much of this game, but if someone can help me it'd be great. :)

* It's an old 2D PC game that came in a CD that I played when I was little. You crashed your spaceship in a farm and had to collect items to repair it.

What I remember is:

* In the beginning you had to find a needle in a haystack near a horse stable. After that you snuck in the back of a truck which drove to the city.

* There was this guy in the street that repaired his car and then the car crushed him (lol).

* You enter a circus where you find your spaceship on display and fix it.

* There was a mini game in the circus where you ran around with a hat (?) trying to catch money and avoid banana peels otherwise you drop your money.

* Near the end you had to steal someone's chicken wings bucket because it had a piece of the spaceship in it.

I know it's not much but that's what I remember... please help!

#1046 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18209 posts) -
#1047 Edited by AFracturedWorld (9 posts) -

The best guess at the timeframe that it came out was in the 80's, if not the early 90's. Seems more 80's though. Don't recall the console but we had intellivision,colecovision, Commodore 64,Atari,Nintendo...could have had a few more but those are the ones that I mainly recall. All I can remember otherwise about the game is that the character, which you see from the top down, seems to be underground or in a dungeon and at some points in the gameplay, the character is walking in darkness, if only for a brief moment(s). If it helps, an image of a key comes to mind too...I would appreciate any help on this. :)

#1048 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18209 posts) -

The best guess at the timeframe that it came out was in the 80's, if not the early 90's. Seems more 80's though. Don't recall the console but we had intellivision,colecovision, Commodore 64,Atari,Nintendo...could have had a few more but those are the ones that I mainly recall. All I can remember otherwise about the game is that the character, which you see from the top down, seems to be underground or in a dungeon and at some points in the gameplay, the character is walking in darkness, if only for a brief moment(s). If it helps, an image of a key comes to mind too...I would appreciate any help on this. :)

Are these additional detail to another post you made? Or is this it?

#1049 Posted by Mr_Saccho (10 posts) -

Hey everyone,

I've been searching for a game for years now, but have never been even close to finding it. Here is what I remember from it:

The game itself was a medieval 3D game, which had an arcade-style feeling to it. You could choose to play as one of four characters, them being a blonde swordsman, a redheaded muscular guy with an axe, a blonde woman who kicked very fast and a sorcerer in purple garments. In the character selection screen, each character's stats showed with a crystal pointing to their strong skills.

The game could be played with two people, as I recall playing with my sister then. The first level seemed to be a road leading to some castle gate, and as you finished each level, a map would show up with the path you will be taking in dotted lines.

I don't recall when the game came out, but I know for a fact that I played the game more than six years ago. However, I do recall I played this game on my PlayStation 2. Also, I feel the name of the game should start with "Ran", but my mind is blurry on that.

Thanks in advance, guys!

#1050 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18209 posts) -

Hey everyone,

I've been searching for a game for years now, but have never been even close to finding it. Here is what I remember from it:

The game itself was a medieval 3D game, which had an arcade-style feeling to it. You could choose to play as one of four characters, them being a blonde swordsman, a redheaded muscular guy with an axe, a blonde woman who kicked very fast and a sorcerer in purple garments. In the character selection screen, each character's stats showed with a crystal pointing to their strong skills.

The game could be played with two people, as I recall playing with my sister then. The first level seemed to be a road leading to some castle gate, and as you finished each level, a map would show up with the path you will be taking in dotted lines.

I don't recall when the game came out, but I know for a fact that I played the game more than six years ago. However, I do recall I played this game on my PlayStation 2. Also, I feel the name of the game should start with "Ran", but my mind is blurry on that.

Thanks in advance, guys!

Try Gauntlet Legends