deactivated-62f593b06057a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-62f593b06057a
Member since 2008 • 192 Posts
sounds a bit like Bully - though you don't kill people, you certainly beat the crap out of them. Great game!
Avatar image for deactivated-62f593b06057a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 deactivated-62f593b06057a
[QUOTE="AvatarMan96"] Ok, so I remember my friend talking about this game at school one day. I'm assuming it was open world, because he said you could go to different places and kill people. He said that he went to the high school in the game and was running the track, killing people. He said you could go into classrooms too. He didn't say what system it was on, but I'm assuming it was no earlier than PS2 era. Any idea what game it is? It may not even exist, because he has a history of BS-ing stories to get attention.

sounds a bit like Bully - though you don't kill people, you certainly beat the crap out of them. Great game!twaitsfan
Sorry, I forgot the quote in my last post

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-62f593b06057a
Hey guys can anyone remember a pc strategy game circa late 90s maybe ear,y 2000s u commanded a small army of human knights some dwarves maybe elves ur army was fairly small but u could control formations destroy some buildings the enemies were ur general undead hordes I played it on a demo years ago and to do this day it still bugs me what game it was!! Any help appreciated I know if I was to see a screen shot I would recognise it instantly Lols Keepitoldschool
Myth?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 deactivated-62f593b06057a

Hi Guys,

There was a game gamespot recently reviewed (I would've guessed in the past 6 months but since I can't find it in the reviews, maybe it's farther back) that I can't remember the name of. I think it is either a PC or IOS game. It was a 16 bit-looking game that got a favorable review, I think an 8.0 - maybe a bit less. The picture of the game or screen shot that I remember is a heavily pixelated guy holding up a sword. GS praised it for it's environments despite the 16 bit graphics. I want to say the title was something like "Adventure" or some simple one word thing like that (no, not the atari 2600 Adventure, but these do seem to share several things in common!).

I've been digging through reviews over the past 4 or 5 months but can't find it. Any ideas?

Thanks much!

twaitsfan
Here it is:http://www.gamespot.com/superbrothers-sword-and-sworcery-ep/platform/pc/ What luck! I'd given up looking then it popped up in a 'related games' sidebar. Gotta give this one to gamespot, thanks!! Ok, I'll stop polluting this topic...
metalhead1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 metalhead1408
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
hi there! As the title says I have a hard time remembering the game's name. It is a strategy game(with some variations I think) So... the game takes place in the past , I think around 1700? About the gameplay: I remember that you create a character and your goal is to become an important person in the region. You can do that by opening your own business , hire workers and later participate in political meetings in your town. You can create a family , have kids(they continue the legacy of your family) that grow up and you can send them to study so they can develop particular skills. I don't remember the skill selection but I don't think there were many. I think the kids got random skills on their birth. Another hint is that in town there were other families competing with you. They often tried to sabotage your business to make you lose profit. You could catch them do that and make them look bad in front of the folk in town and even get arrested for their crimes. The workers you hire for your business have their own skills too ... and I think thy get experience as they work in your workshop. If I'm not mistaken , each workshop had some carts and you were able to plan trade routes to sell the goods for money. I played the game last summer only for a few days and that's why I can't remember the game (I have short mind too ) I will be grateful if you can help me! Thanks
Mazoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 Mazoch
Member since 2004 • 2473 Posts

This was an old PC game. It was moreso a multiple choice game than an outright strategy game and was entirely text based. You controlled some sort of a shaman, priest, or possibly chief of an iron age tribe. You were able to make alliances, send warriors out on quests, manage your tribe etc. The game was entirely text based and was accompanied by some fairly crudely done artwork.

Bobzfamily

This one sounds like "King of Dragon Pass". It was originally released for Windows and Mac's in 1999, but recently re-released for iPhone/iPad

http://www.a-sharp.com/kodp/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_of_Dragon_Pass

Hey guys can anyone remember a pc strategy game circa late 90s maybe ear,y 2000s u commanded a small army of human knights some dwarves maybe elves ur army was fairly small but u could control formations destroy some buildings the enemies were ur general undead hordes I played it on a demo years ago and to do this day it still bugs me what game it was!! Any help appreciated I know if I was to see a screen shot I would recognise it instantly Lols Keepitoldschool

That sounds like Warhammer: Dark Omen (1998)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer:_Dark_Omen

Avatar image for AwesomePS3gamer
AwesomePS3gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 AwesomePS3gamer
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="AwesomePS3gamer"]Hey people, I've been trying to figure out what the hell this game is forever, but can't seem to find out the name through the limited amount of information I have. Anyway, here's what I know... - 2D fighting game in the vein of classic Capcom or SNK games. (not sure who actually made it though) - May be weapon-based. - May contain a character with the name "Mifune" - I believe one character was an elderly woman, possibly related to another character. - One character is a young girl who wields a large hammer, and may wear a beret. (one of her combos may be titled "THAT'S a hammer!") - No idea what platform it was on, although I think it may have been a console, but I'm not 100%. That's all I can think of for now, your help is very much appreciated! -Please reply ASAP!!

Last Blade?

that's not it unfortunely.. (i was asking on behalf of someone i know btw)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-62f593b06057a
I think it might be[QUOTE="metalhead1408"]hi there! As the title says I have a hard time remembering the game's name. It is a strategy game(with some variations I think) So... the game takes place in the past , I think around 1700? About the gameplay: I remember that you create a character and your goal is to become an important person in the region. You can do that by opening your own business , hire workers and later participate in political meetings in your town. You can create a family , have kids(they continue the legacy of your family) that grow up and you can send them to study so they can develop particular skills. I don't remember the skill selection but I don't think there were many. I think the kids got random skills on their birth. Another hint is that in town there were other families competing with you. They often tried to sabotage your business to make you lose profit. You could catch them do that and make them look bad in front of the folk in town and even get arrested for their crimes. The workers you hire for your business have their own skills too ... and I think thy get experience as they work in your workshop. If I'm not mistaken , each workshop had some carts and you were able to plan trade routes to sell the goods for money. I played the game last summer only for a few days and that's why I can't remember the game (I have short mind too ) I will be grateful if you can help me! Thanks

Is it one of "The Guild" series?
metalhead1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 metalhead1408
That's the game! Thanks! :D
GAFerreira13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 GAFerreira13
Hello, I'm looking for a game that was on Net Yaroze (the nostalgia :O), it was about a thing that pushed crates and it the menu it had strange long sounds like biiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee like that :) I hope someone still know what i'm talking about
lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 lShadyl
Member since 2010 • 179 Posts

Hi Guys,

There was a game gamespot recently reviewed (I would've guessed in the past 6 months but since I can't find it in the reviews, maybe it's farther back) that I can't remember the name of. I think it is either a PC or IOS game. It was a 16 bit-looking game that got a favorable review, I think an 8.0 - maybe a bit less. The picture of the game or screen shot that I remember is a heavily pixelated guy holding up a sword. GS praised it for it's environments despite the 16 bit graphics. I want to say the title was something like "Adventure" or some simple one word thing like that (no, not the atari 2600 Adventure, but these do seem to share several things in common!).

I've been digging through reviews over the past 4 or 5 months but can't find it. Any ideas?

Thanks much!

twaitsfan

Bastion?

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#62 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Hello, I'm looking for a game that was on Net Yaroze (the nostalgia :O), it was about a thing that pushed crates and it the menu it had strange long sounds like biiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee like that :) I hope someone still know what i'm talking aboutGAFerreira13
Pushy 2

m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 m25105
Member since 2010 • 3135 Posts
Looking for an old rpg. You started out in a cave, you could transform to a small creature (maybe a mouse?) and a large beast/ogre like creature. There was a sort of jungle area too and cat people. It sort of looked like Stonekeep.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-62f593b06057a
That's the game! Thanks! :Dmetalhead1408
NP - the guild was a good game but sooooo buggy. Maybe the later ones were better about that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-62f593b06057a
Was it first person? third person? overhead? How bout platform?
m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 m25105

The intro showed you how you turned into a monster and overpowered the guards, then into a small rodent like creature to escape small holes, then after the intro was over, you found yourself at a cave. It was first person perspective. CDROM game. For the PC.

After you escaped the cave, you travelled around a forest I think, and found a village. The graphics were very similar to Stonekeep.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Black_Knight_00

Looking for an old rpg. You started out in a cave, you could transform to a small creature (maybe a mouse?) and a large beast/ogre like creature. There was a sort of jungle area too and cat people. It sort of looked like Stonekeep.m25105
Shifters?

m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 m25105

[QUOTE="m25105"]Looking for an old rpg. You started out in a cave, you could transform to a small creature (maybe a mouse?) and a large beast/ogre like creature. There was a sort of jungle area too and cat people. It sort of looked like Stonekeep.Black_Knight_00

Shifters?

No, it's quite older than that. It was also first person. Again, its appearance was similiar to Stonekeep.  Above: Stonekeep.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Black_Knight_00
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]

[QUOTE="m25105"]Looking for an old rpg. You started out in a cave, you could transform to a small creature (maybe a mouse?) and a large beast/ogre like creature. There was a sort of jungle area too and cat people. It sort of looked like Stonekeep.m25105

Shifters?

No, it's quite older than that. It was also first person. Again, its appearance was similiar to Stonekeep.

So, I guess it was on PC, mid-late 1990s, fake 3D, point and click interface? Anvil of Dawn?
m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 m25105
[QUOTE="m25105"][QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"] Shifters?Black_Knight_00
No, it's quite older than that. It was also first person. Again, its appearance was similiar to Stonekeep.

So, I guess it was on PC, mid-late 1990s, fake 3D, point and click interface? Anvil of Dawn?

Wrong game, but yes, PC game, mid to late 90's and the rest you said.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deactivated-62f593b06057a
[QUOTE="m25105"][QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="m25105"] No, it's quite older than that. It was also first person. Again, its appearance was similiar to Stonekeep.

This page might have what you're looking for - it has a ton of 90's rpgs that fit your description like Thunderscape, Lands of Lore, etc http://www.mobygames.com/featured_article/feature,31/section,217/
m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 m25105
[QUOTE="twaitsfan"][QUOTE="m25105"][QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"] So, I guess it was on PC, mid-late 1990s, fake 3D, point and click interface? Anvil of Dawn?

This page might have what you're looking for - it has a ton of 90's rpgs that fit your description like Thunderscape, Lands of Lore, etc http://www.mobygames.com/featured_article/feature,31/section,217/

Cheers! Found it. It was Lands of Lore: Guardians of Destiny.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

If anybody is bored and wants to help!

sashima8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 sashima8
Member since 2011 • 26 Posts
sorry I can't be more specific but the games I'm looking for are from my childhood and I can't remember them very well. I'll be as specific as I can about both and srry for limitation. Both games I would imagine are from the 1990's -------------- first game This was an rpg game I have no idea what system it's on. But This is what I remember from the game I think you're in a castle and theres a room with a bunch of alters where map pieces go. Map pieces were typically different colors. When you collected every piece of a map you would be able to go into the map and explore that world looking for more map pieces. There also may have been a scene with a volcano and a fire sorceress. Again srry for the lack of detail. ============================ second game This is a puzzle game I believe I believe this game was on the ps1 but my search is lacking and I'm not 100% it is.... The game starts with a young boy who is in his house. I believe he's trapped in a "dream?" world with his sister. His sister has been shrunk and is trapped in a bird cage. So you must solve puzzles and seek for a way to get her free. The idea is ultimately working with brother and sister you overcome the boss at the end. I don't remember much else except that I left the house downward and found a pumpkin hopping in a hedgemaze yard. Srry for lack of detail, I played this game when I was in the hospital for depression so I really didn't get far.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Black_Knight_00
[QUOTE="sashima8"] second game I believe this game was on the ps1 but my search is lacking and I'm not 100% it is.... The game starts with a young boy who is in his house. I believe he's trapped in a "dream?" world with his sister. His sister has been shrunk and is trapped in a bird cage. So you must solve puzzles and seek for a way to get her free. The idea is ultimately working with brother and sister you overcome the boss at the end. I don't remember much else except that I left the house downward and found a pumpkin hopping in a hedgemaze yard. Srry for lack of detail, I played this game when I was in the hospital for depression so I really didn't get far.

Wild Arms 2?
sashima8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 sashima8
Member since 2011 • 26 Posts
erm... I think you meant to quote the first one.. .but that doesn't fit either one srry...
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Black_Knight_00

erm... I think you meant to quote the first one.. .but that doesn't fit either one srry...sashima8
I didn't see the puzzle game detail, plus there's a trapped sister in WA2

Riisen20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Riisen20
Im looking for a ps2 game that i used to play when i was younger. It's a third-person shooter, i have been searching the web for hours just to find this game, and with no luck. The start of the game is that you see a group of 3 soldiers or so entering a base. They enter it through a big air vent, this is where you take over and have to get past some big rotor blades or get chopped up. After that they enter the facility/base and the first thing they find is some larva looking aliens(i think they are black and blue) crawling on the walls, you then have to shoot them and recover some item and turn on the power in the facility, after that is done you see one of your friends getting attacked by these aliens and he then transforms into some sort of "super alien" that you have to kill, you then get dragged deeper and deeper into the facility where you find out the secrets of the aliens and face a whole lot of other aliens and bosses. in the game you will find different items and weapons( you start out with some machine gun and get's attachments to it later on, such as a shotgun, flamethrower) you will also find different clothes that helps you in different environments ex. you have to get outside of the facility where there is snow a few times, and you will die after a little while if you don't have the snow jacket. I will try to remember more of the game but hopefully one of you guys can help me find this game :) Thnx
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Black_Knight_00
[QUOTE="Riisen20"]Im looking for a ps2 game that i used to play when i was younger. It's a third-person shooter, i have been searching the web for hours just to find this game, and with no luck. The start of the game is that you see a group of 3 soldiers or so entering a base. They enter it through a big air vent, this is where you take over and have to get past some big rotor blades or get chopped up. After that they enter the facility/base and the first thing they find is some larva looking aliens(i think they are black and blue) crawling on the walls, you then have to shoot them and recover some item and turn on the power in the facility, after that is done you see one of your friends getting attacked by these aliens and he then transforms into some sort of "super alien" that you have to kill, you then get dragged deeper and deeper into the facility where you find out the secrets of the aliens and face a whole lot of other aliens and bosses. in the game you will find different items and weapons( you start out with some machine gun and get's attachments to it later on, such as a shotgun, flamethrower) you will also find different clothes that helps you in different environments ex. you have to get outside of the facility where there is snow a few times, and you will die after a little while if you don't have the snow jacket. I will try to remember more of the game but hopefully one of you guys can help me find this game :) Thnx

Project Eden
istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#81 istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6991 Posts

Futuristic bike racing game on N64... Any ideas guys? :)

Edit: It just hit me, there's not that many of them lol... Google turned up the answer

Beef_Noodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Beef_Noodles

Might as well try with this one. Seems like it was an rpg on the snes (most likely snes) or genesis, and your a boy or young guy and a dog follows you around at least at one point, seems like it takes place in a modern world, or maybe fantasy. I havn't played this in a very very long time, I might not even recognize it if I saw it, just curious if there is a game like that.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Black_Knight_00

Might as well try with this one. Seems like it was an rpg on the snes (most likely snes) or genesis, and your a boy or young guy and a dog follows you around at least at one point, seems like it takes place in a modern world, or maybe fantasy. I havn't played this in a very very long time, I might not even recognize it if I saw it, just curious if there is a game like that.

Beef_Noodles
Secret of Evermore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-62f593b06057a

I've got one - there was a dynasty-warriors-esque game that came out early for the 360 (& ps3?), except this one was set during the hundred-years war I think; it was medieval european. You lead a group of troops; it was also like Ninety Nine Knights. I remember playing the demo on the 360. I remember thinking that it would get repetitive, but if I could now find it in a bargain bin, I'd probably pick it up. Thanks in advance!

moonmonkeys1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 moonmonkeys1

Bladestorm?

lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 lShadyl

The game was a shooter, it was released after 2000, and I think after 2005, I remember the trailer where at some point the protagonist was standing on a rooftop of a high building with an earset and a girl telling him that he had many options, and if I recall correctly you start the game in a hospital.

Can't remember much more though, but if you need any more info ask me.

Thanks in advance!

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Black_Knight_00

The game was a shooter, it was released after 2000, and I think after 2005, I remember the trailer where at some point the protagonist was standing on a rooftop of a high building with an earset and a girl telling him that he had many options, and if I recall correctly you start the game in a hospital.

Thanks in advance!

lShadyl
Second Sight? Psy Ops? Was it first person? Third person?
lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 lShadyl
[QUOTE="lShadyl"]

Thanks in advance!

Black_Knight_00
Second Sight? Psy Ops? Was it first person? Third person?

I think it was a third person shooter, and it prided itself (at least in the trailer it seemed to do so) that you have many options, also, it only had humans.
Riisen20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Riisen20
unfortunalty not, as far as i remember is better graphics and it's not in the future since you're using weapons and stuff that we have in the modern world. You only play alone and does not run around in a group :)
kasumi45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 kasumi45

This game is only a few years old on the pc. You had to take care of these space creatures. It took a bit of delays and time for it to be released. I heard it was nammed simeverything but the name got changed. Do you know what it is?

kasumi45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 kasumi45

or actually you play as a space creature

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Black_Knight_00

This game is only a few years old on the pc. You had to take care of these space creatures. It took a bit of delays and time for it to be released. I heard it was nammed simeverything but the name got changed. Do you know what it is?

kasumi45
Spore
kasumi45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 kasumi45

Thanks :) Should I get it or is it too old for users online. (Excluding counter strike and quake )

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Black_Knight_00

Thanks :) Should I get it or is it too old for users online. (Excluding counter strike and quake )

kasumi45
I'm not sure Spore has an online mode at all. Are you sure that's the game you were looking for?
lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 lShadyl

Okay, now I am sure it came out after 2009, sorry for the misleading post earlier.

kasumi45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 kasumi45

I mean user content like their one creatures

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 deactivated-62f593b06057a
Yep, thanks!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 deactivated-62f593b06057a
Alpha Protocol?
Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

I'v nowhere else to go guys, i realize this isnt the protocol but im looking for a board game...

i want to say the title was something like "wild willy" but over the years i ahve never found it on the internet or in stores

the game was you had to build a cage using these flexible straws (like kerplunk) each player tried to fortify his side of the square cage as best he could, a green ball shapped monster was placed in the center and rolled around and tried to knock down your straws, and as you spun the spinner you had to remove a certain number of straws, thus if he breaks through your side of the cage you lost, i played this around 1996-98 i want to say

i know its a long shot but its been killing me and maybe somebody has played this here, thanks!

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Black_Knight_00

I'v nowhere else to go guys, i realize this isnt the protocol but im looking for a board game...

i want to say the title was something like "wild willy" but over the years i ahve never found it on the internet or in stores

the game was you had to build a cage using these flexible straws (like kerplunk) each player tried to fortify his side of the square cage as best he could, a green ball shapped monster was placed in the center and rolled around and tried to knock down your straws, and as you spun the spinner you had to remove a certain number of straws, thus if he breaks through your side of the cage you lost, i played this around 1996-98 i want to say

i know its a long shot but its been killing me and maybe somebody has played this here, thanks!

Djmaster214

You were close enough. It was Wild Wooly

pic37924_md.jpg

pic37926_md.jpg