Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

The purpose of this thread is to find those old games from the past whose title you just can't remember, or even a newer game you can't put your finger on. All questions pertaining to this subject must be asked here.

The old Game Remembrance Thread has been around since July 2008 and reached a titanic size with 58 pages and over 1700 posts and we agreed it would be a good idea to start over with a new one. It will remain available for reference here.

----------------

Table of Contents:

- How this thread works

- How to maximize your chances of finding what you're looking for

Keep an eye on the thread

Be patient

If your game is found, say it!

----------------

How this Thread Works:

You come in and post as many details as possible about the game you're looking for, then wait until someone comes up with the answer. It's as simple as that. If no one has replied to your post, maybe it wasn't specific enough (see below), or maybe people are working on it, but don't have any further questions. Be patient.

----------------

How to maximize your chances of finding what you're looking for:

Follow these simple guidelines:

1) As a general rule, be as much specific as you can, every little detail counts and may help us find what you're looking for.

2) Specify the timeframe the game came out, at least the decade (1990s, 2000s...). Can't remember? Try thinking of other games you might remember playing around the same time as the one you are looking for.

3) Specify the system you played the game on (which console, PC, operating system). If you're not sure, telling us which systems you owned in your gaming history narrows the field down considerably. If it was a flash game that you played on some website, don'tsay "PC game", say "flash game" or "browser game".

4) List any distinctive qualities you can remember: what genre of game was it (FPS, RPG, Platformer...)? Was the game 2D or 3D? What did the characters and enemies look like? Was the protagonist a male or a female or multiple characters? Was it first person or third person? If third person, what was the camera angle: behind the character, from the side, top-down, isometric? Was the game really bloody? How many players in multiplayer? Post anything you can remember, even if it sounds insignificant.

Sticking to these ground rules will not only help others find the answer to your request, but ensures that the first answer given is more likely to be what you are looking for.

----------------

Keep an eye on the thread

Once you've posted a query, remember to periodically drop by to see if anyone was able to help. In that case be sure to say so, so people know the query has been resolved. Did you remember some new details? Add them via a new post, don't just edit your old one if it's older than a few days, or no one will see the edit!

----------------

Be patient

Just because you don't receive an answer right away it doesn't mean we aren't working on it. Sometimes it takes time for someone to recognize the game you're describing, so check back whenever you see the thread has new replies, they may contain the answer to your request.

Still no replies to your query? Don't assume people didn't try. Don't just repost the same question verbatim: people didn't find it helpful the first time. Try adding more details.

----------------

If your game is found, say it!

If the game you are looking for has been identified, don't forget to post a comment to let everyone know: that way, people will know to stop looking, and your confirmation message may help other users searching for the same game in the future!

We have a score of several hundred resolved queries, and counting, so keep asking here whenever you can't remember the title of a game and we'll do our best to find it for you.

firerevenge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 firerevenge
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Hi i've been poundering about a game i used to play but can't remember

- I played it on one of the playstation 1 demo discs, so i think it was around 1995-1998

- it was a platformer game where you could see most of the battlefield

- it was your goal to kill the other player

- on the demo disc you could play the game against a second player

- the characters were human (i think) and you played against eachother on the same screen

- i think the battlefield was dark and had a metal like surface, there were also 'jumpers' with which you could get to higher surfaces

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Black_Knight_00

- I played it on one of the playstation 1 demo discs, so i think it was around 1995-1998

- the characters were human (i think) and you played against eachother on the same screen

- i think the battlefield was dark and had a metal like surface, there were also 'jumpers' with which you could get to higher surfaces

firerevenge
Blast Chamber?
Bobzfamily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Bobzfamily
Member since 2008 • 1514 Posts

This was an old PC game. It was moreso a multiple choice game than an outright strategy game and was entirely text based. You controlled some sort of a shaman, priest, or possibly chief of an iron age tribe. You were able to make alliances, send warriors out on quests, manage your tribe etc. The game was entirely text based and was accompanied by some fairly crudely done artwork.

firerevenge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 firerevenge

[QUOTE="firerevenge"]

Black_Knight_00

Blast Chamber?

sorry for the late reply

I looked at some youtube clips, and the gameplay looks similar, but i don't think it was blaster master. (i don't think it had gravity changes)

But maybe it's just too long ago to accurately say. Thanks anyway :)

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="firerevenge"]

firerevenge

Blast Chamber?

sorry for the late reply

I looked at some youtube clips, and the gameplay looks similar, but i don't think it was blaster master. (i don't think it had gravity changes)

But maybe it's just too long ago to accurately say. Thanks anyway :)

Isn't Blaster Master an NES title? The title he recommended may be from the PSOne era, Blast Chamber? Did you check that one?

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

Isn't Blaster Master an NES title? The title he recommended may be from the PSOne era, Blast Chamber? Did you check that one?

Metamania

Yup NES opriginal. You mean Blaster Master: Blasting Again for the PSX. The most recent one is the Wiiware title

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Black_Knight_00
How can it be Blaster Master, guys? He said it's a paltformer where you control people, not a tank game :P Also @firerevenge, I said Blast Chamber, not Blaster Master
firerevenge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 firerevenge

@ everyone sorry i typed the wrong title (what a coincidence it is also an old game! ^^)

i meant to say that the game i had in mind looks like blast chamber, but i don't think it is. but maybe my memory is crap and it really is that game.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

How can it be Blaster Master, guys? He said it's a paltformer where you control people, not a tank game :P Also @firerevenge, I said Blast Chamber, not Blaster MasterBlack_Knight_00

I was just backing up Mete and adding linkage now that we can again.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]How can it be Blaster Master, guys? He said it's a paltformer where you control people, not a tank game :P Also @firerevenge, I said Blast Chamber, not Blaster MasterDracula68

I was just backing up Mete and adding linkage now that we can again.

We can? Sweet here's a picture of a monkey to celebrate

the_hitman_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the_hitman_guy
Member since 2004 • 709 Posts

PC game from the second half of the 1990s. Gameplay is a compilation of various arcade-like genres, including racing across the screen and avoiding obstacles in the jungle, and shooting stuff as it comes at you head-first. Protagonist looks like the attached and screams with a constant deep voice almost like he's rolling Rs. Antagonist is a dark-red, monumental mace, with spikes and everything, and a handle made of rungs, and it hops around on that leg, and maybe shoots stuff from the top. This game may be low budget or international, so I understand if you can't find it.

PS the whole game is imbued with a primarily yellow color.

arnold

stormus2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 stormus2008
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
It is eating me ALIVE, that I cannot remember this Sega game. You start in a very small space ship/shuttle in which you control, and you floated around, and could not touch the sides of the level or they caused your ship damage. You would have to go through the level to find fuel and other materials. One of the bosses was a giant floating head, that had like a scorpion tail that came out of it's chin. As I child, the game seemed EXTREMELY difficult. Can anyone please help me here! Much thanks, Stormus
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Black_Knight_00
[QUOTE="stormus2008"]It is eating me ALIVE, that I cannot remember this Sega game. You start in a very small space ship/shuttle in which you control, and you floated around, and could not touch the sides of the level or they caused your ship damage. You would have to go through the level to find fuel and other materials. One of the bosses was a giant floating head, that had like a scorpion tail that came out of it's chin. As I child, the game seemed EXTREMELY difficult. Can anyone please help me here! Much thanks, Stormus

Sub-Terrania Funny, another guy asked about this same game a couple weeks ago. A lot of people are looking for it apparently.
stormus2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 stormus2008
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="stormus2008"]It is eating me ALIVE, that I cannot remember this Sega game. You start in a very small space ship/shuttle in which you control, and you floated around, and could not touch the sides of the level or they caused your ship damage. You would have to go through the level to find fuel and other materials. One of the bosses was a giant floating head, that had like a scorpion tail that came out of it's chin. As I child, the game seemed EXTREMELY difficult. Can anyone please help me here! Much thanks, Stormus

Sub-Terrania Funny, another guy asked about this same game a couple weeks ago. A lot of people are looking for it apparently.

THANK YOU!! Did this game not seem next to impossible? Or maybe I was just a terrible gamer as a child.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Black_Knight_00
[THANK YOU!! Did this game not seem next to impossible? Or maybe I was just a terrible gamer as a child.stormus2008
You're welcome ;) I wouldn't know, I never played it. Maybe I will.
Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Necrifer
Member since 2010 • 10629 Posts

you would also remember games the forgetting of which you forgot.

the_hitman_guy

*twitch*

zkteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 zkteh
0. A kind of games , somewhat like Puzzle type ... 7. Here is a picture with words about this game http://imageshack.us/f/85/discriblingtheunknownga.png/ 1. Starting with a huge square gird , we ( fish character) are "standing" on one side of a square .... 2. Initially , the sides are in black colour , we can highlight it ( the colour will be specified with the player's colour ) by moving around the four sides of a square , we can obtain scores by highlight more and more squares ..... 3. There are also some tools along the pathway , like making others square disappear , they have to make all over again :P 4. And also some monster, they move all over the square grid , they are blocking the players way ..... 5. If i am not wrong , we can have a weapon , i think it can shoot down monster and player 6.This game can be multi-played ... which is very awesome 7. Here is a picture with words about this game http://imageshack.us/f/85/discriblingtheunknownga.png/
bats94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 bats94
Member since 2012 • 590 Posts
[QUOTE="zkteh"]0. A kind of games , somewhat like Puzzle type ... 7. Here is a picture with words about this game http://imageshack.us/f/85/discriblingtheunknownga.png/ 1. Starting with a huge square gird , we ( fish character) are "standing" on one side of a square .... 2. Initially , the sides are in black colour , we can highlight it ( the colour will be specified with the player's colour ) by moving around the four sides of a square , we can obtain scores by highlight more and more squares ..... 3. There are also some tools along the pathway , like making others square disappear , they have to make all over again :P 4. And also some monster, they move all over the square grid , they are blocking the players way ..... 5. If i am not wrong , we can have a weapon , i think it can shoot down monster and player 6.This game can be multi-played ... which is very awesome 7. Here is a picture with words about this game http://imageshack.us/f/85/discriblingtheunknownga.png/

What console/system is this game on?
zkteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 zkteh
[QUOTE="bats94"] What console/system is this game on?

I played it on my PC , Windows ME , and this game comes with the purchase of the PC .... ( if i am lucky i can get another copy of this game from the PC shop ) ....
sefandrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sefandrus
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I remember there was a nes game from when I was a kid for the nes I really liked. The gameplay was you picked from 3-4 characters ( or configurations) one with a sword, another with a dagger & potion and one or two others I can't remember what the others did anymore. It had a legend of Zeldaish viewpoint and play style and sort of a middle eastern style, I could swear at least one wore a turban and the swords were all semitars. I can't remember much else and I know it's vague so it's a long shot but any help would be greatly appreciated. It's the one game from my childhood I can't find because I can't remember what it was called.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Black_Knight_00

I remember there was a nes game from when I was a kid for the nes I really liked. The gameplay was you picked from 3-4 characters ( or configurations) one with a sword, another with a dagger & potion and one or two others I can't remember what the others did anymore. It had a legend of Zeldaish viewpoint and play style and sort of a middle eastern style, I could swear at least one wore a turban and the swords were all semitars. I can't remember much else and I know it's vague so it's a long shot but any help would be greatly appreciated. It's the one game from my childhood I can't find because I can't remember what it was called.sefandrus
Legacy of the Wizard (Dragon Slayer IV)?

The Magic of Scheherazade?

sefandrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sefandrus
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Scheherazade!! That's it! Thank you been driving me nuts for about 10 years since I started rebuilding my nes collection
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Black_Knight_00
Scheherazade!! That's it! Thank you been driving me nuts for about 10 years since I started rebuilding my nes collectionsefandrus
You're welcome ;)
verybadperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 verybadperson
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Hello

I hope someone can help me remember the title of this game.

-It was arcade game

-The main character looked like a barbarian I think

-The first level was something like a cave or a dungeon

-The gameplay was mix between platformer and rpg (something like Castlevania SOTN). I remember some of the enemies, like skeletons, mages, snakes(LOL). The final boss was a dragon (not sure).

- there were shops in each level, where you can buy items and new weapons like axes, swords, maces.

Thats all I remember. I think it's a popular game, but i just cant remember the damn title

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#27 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

^I was going to say Magic Sword, but I don't think that's it.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Black_Knight_00

Hello

I hope someone can help me remember the title of this game.

-It was arcade game

-The main character looked like a barbarian I think

-The first level was something like a cave or a dungeon

-The gameplay was mix between platformer and rpg (something like Castlevania SOTN). I remember some of the enemies, like skeletons, mages, snakes(LOL). The final boss was a dragon (not sure).

- there were shops in each level, where you can buy items and new weapons like axes, swords, maces.

Thats all I remember. I think it's a popular game, but i just cant remember the damn title

verybadperson
Cadash
verybadperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 verybadperson

nope it's not cadash you only had 1 character

but it looks a lot like cadash

the shops were inside the dungeon

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Black_Knight_00

nope it's not cadash you only had 1 character

but it looks a lot like cadash

the shops were inside the dungeon

verybadperson
Rastan
Avatar image for Poncho_Hachacha
Poncho_Hachacha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Poncho_Hachacha
Member since 2011 • 675 Posts

Anybody know the name of an old 90's arcade beat-em-up where everybody's riding on rollerblades? All the good guys and bad guys are on blades, but you can also pick up bats and what not as well as hop on bicycles and use those for fighting.

Avatar image for Keepitoldschool
Keepitoldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 Keepitoldschool
Member since 2012 • 143 Posts
Hey guys can anyone remember a pc strategy game circa late 90s maybe ear,y 2000s u commanded a small army of human knights some dwarves maybe elves ur army was fairly small but u could control formations destroy some buildings the enemies were ur general undead hordes I played it on a demo years ago and to do this day it still bugs me what game it was!! Any help appreciated I know if I was to see a screen shot I would recognise it instantly Lols
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Black_Knight_00

Anybody know the name of an old 90's arcade beat-em-up where everybody's riding on rollerblades? All the good guys and bad guys are on blades, but you can also pick up bats and what not as well as hop on bicycles and use those for fighting.

Poncho_Hachacha
DJ Boy
verybadperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 verybadperson
i actually found the game on youtube it's Astyanax thanks for the help and Rastan looks pretty good i should try it : D
bats94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bats94
[QUOTE="zkteh"][QUOTE="bats94"] What console/system is this game on?

I played it on my PC , Windows ME , and this game comes with the purchase of the PC .... ( if i am lucky i can get another copy of this game from the PC shop ) ....

What year did you get the game?
zkteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 zkteh
i am not sure.....
bats94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bats94
i am not sure.....zkteh
Ah...I can't find the game anywhere, and it would have made it easier if you knew the year. Do you know what year the game came out? How old it looked like?
zkteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 zkteh
Ah , i have no idea .....
bats94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bats94
Ah , i have no idea ..... zkteh
Might be worth checking your game store to see if you can find it again.
zkteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 zkteh
OK? no luck :'(
pleurisy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 pleurisy
2) Around 2000-2003 3) PC game on Windows XP 4) It was an andventure game, where three aliens landing on earth in 2D. I thing the name was something like invasion or ailen invasion. Can remember the opening scene, where the three aliens see a cow turning up side down. Thank you for your help. Pleurisy
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Black_Knight_00
[QUOTE="pleurisy"]2) Around 2000-2003 3) PC game on Windows XP 4) It was an andventure game, where three aliens landing on earth in 2D. I thing the name was something like invasion or ailen invasion. Can remember the opening scene, where the three aliens see a cow turning up side down. Thank you for your help. Pleurisy

When you say adventure game do you mean point and click?
pleurisy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 pleurisy
Click game. Like Bud Tucker and that ****
Avatar image for Poncho_Hachacha
Poncho_Hachacha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Poncho_Hachacha
Member since 2011 • 675 Posts

[QUOTE="Poncho_Hachacha"]

Black_Knight_00

DJ Boy

Holy s*** that was quick! Thanks. The one I was looking for was B Rap Boys. I guess that's the sequel to DJ Boy because the gameplay and everything looks exactly the same only B Rap Boys came out a few years later. Again, 'Much appreciated. It would've taken me forever to find that game again.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="Poncho_Hachacha"]

Poncho_Hachacha

DJ Boy

Holy s*** that was quick! Thanks. The one I was looking for was B Rap Boys. I guess that's the sequel to DJ Boy because the gameplay and everything looks exactly the same only B Rap Boys came out a few years later. Again, 'Much appreciated. It would've taken me forever to find that game again.

You're welcome ;)
FidycentLV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 FidycentLV
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I was linked to post here. - I remember few scenes of it very well, You started off near a boat which is ported in a small dock, after you went further you had to kill a theif or a man atleast for sure near a tree that would always drops a scroll, after the start you would see a campfire and theres 5 guys to kill, there was also a INN but i dont remember that that well, i remember a valley with stone on the sides and im not sure but i think it had pillars as soon as you entered the valley there was guards to kill which at that moment wasnt easy evertyime. - I think it was made at about 2000s like 2002-2006? - I played it on PC. - The character was a male. A rpg game something like Requital but not that, also it was Russian, well my version was maybe it was in other languages too but mine was russian. Thanks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#47 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts

Ok, so I remember my friend talking about this game at school one day. I'm assuming it was open world, because he said you could go to different places and kill people. He said that he went to the high school in the game and was running the track, killing people. He said you could go into classrooms too. He didn't say what system it was on, but I'm assuming it was no earlier than PS2 era.

Any idea what game it is? It may not even exist, because he has a history of BS-ing stories to get attention.

Avatar image for AwesomePS3gamer
AwesomePS3gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AwesomePS3gamer
Hey people, I've been trying to figure out what the hell this game is forever, but can't seem to find out the name through the limited amount of information I have. Anyway, here's what I know... - 2D fighting game in the vein of classic Capcom or SNK games. (not sure who actually made it though) - May be weapon-based. - May contain a character with the name "Mifune" - I believe one character was an elderly woman, possibly related to another character. - One character is a young girl who wields a large hammer, and may wear a beret. (one of her combos may be titled "THAT'S a hammer!") - No idea what platform it was on, although I think it may have been a console, but I'm not 100%. That's all I can think of for now, your help is very much appreciated! -Please reply ASAP!!
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Black_Knight_00
[QUOTE="AwesomePS3gamer"]Hey people, I've been trying to figure out what the hell this game is forever, but can't seem to find out the name through the limited amount of information I have. Anyway, here's what I know... - 2D fighting game in the vein of classic Capcom or SNK games. (not sure who actually made it though) - May be weapon-based. - May contain a character with the name "Mifune" - I believe one character was an elderly woman, possibly related to another character. - One character is a young girl who wields a large hammer, and may wear a beret. (one of her combos may be titled "THAT'S a hammer!") - No idea what platform it was on, although I think it may have been a console, but I'm not 100%. That's all I can think of for now, your help is very much appreciated! -Please reply ASAP!!

Last Blade?
Avatar image for deactivated-62f593b06057a
deactivated-62f593b06057a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-62f593b06057a
Member since 2008 • 192 Posts

Hi Guys,

There was a game gamespot recently reviewed (I would've guessed in the past 6 months but since I can't find it in the reviews, maybe it's farther back) that I can't remember the name of. I think it is either a PC or IOS game. It was a 16 bit-looking game that got a favorable review, I think an 8.0 - maybe a bit less. The picture of the game or screen shot that I remember is a heavily pixelated guy holding up a sword. GS praised it for it's environments despite the 16 bit graphics. I want to say the title was something like "Adventure" or some simple one word thing like that (no, not the atari 2600 Adventure, but these do seem to share several things in common!).

I've been digging through reviews over the past 4 or 5 months but can't find it. Any ideas?

Thanks much!