Official ACU/ACR thread - thoughts and impressions ONLY!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

OK, so I did this previously with the Shadow Of Mordor thread and received both positive and negative comments about the game, as well as experiences from players here about it. The same should be done for here. The only thing that I ask is that you DO NOT talk about the storyline openly. Should you want to do, make sure you tag those comments as SPOILERS so that it can be covered up and not seen by others that wish to discover the game for themselves.

Beyond that, for those who have played it, please, by all means, speak about the game. What aspects of the game are you singing praises for? What are you pet peeves or criticisms about the game? And so on and so forth. I am NOT interested in people who glanced at Youtube videos and have not played the game and can walk in here and say "Oh the game sucks, it's crap, etc." If you're one of those gamers, please STAY OUT of the thread until you've played the game for yourselves and then back up your experiences with intelligent thoughts on the game.

I originally thought about doing a sole Unity thread, but since Rogue came out today as well, I don't see it being a problem if we can talk about both games instead. Again, don't speak about storyline unless you mark those comments with the Spoiler tag and just speak about the gameplay, the side missions, the co-op, etc in general.

Have at it! I'll be picking up my copy of Assassin's Creed Unity (for PS4) later tonight and am VERY MUCH looking forward to playing what is my most anticipated game of this year!

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Metamania: keep these threads coming, i like them

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

AC unity is AC 3 with more stuff and a shit ton of technical problems on all platforms.

DO NOT BUY THIS EVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER unless its on sale for less than 15$

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

Don't buy Assassins Creed in general. These games are milked as bad as CoD. Between Advanced Warfare, Unity and Far Cry 4, November is the Month of the an Bro. Smash, please save us!

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I've been playing the Xbone version of Unity and overall I'm impressed. While I haven't seen anything particularly innovative as of yet, the amount of NPCs is astounding. Their unique actions and conversations, along with the attention to detail really helps immerse the player in the game.

There's so much going on all over the place.

The parkour and fighting seems to have been slightly improved as well, though not as much as I had hoped.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

I've been playing the Xbone version of Unity and overall I'm impressed. While I haven't seen anything particularly innovative as of yet, the amount of NPCs is astounding. Their unique actions and conversations, along with the attention to detail really helps immerse the player in the game.

The parkour and fighting seems to have been slightly improved as well, though not as much as I had hoped.

Such positive aspects really matter to me , anything that helps to get immersed in the world , might grab this one just for it being in Paris with detailed and gorgeous and immersive world , i'd cut slack for those who hate it as the game lacks in technical , story , and gameplay departments and they have every right to be pissed off ....

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@mjorh said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Such positive aspects really matter to me , anything that helps to get immersed in the world , might grab this one just for it being in Paris with detailed and gorgeous and immersive world , i'd cut slack for those who hate it as the game lacks in technical , story , and gameplay departments and they have every right to be pissed off ....

Yeah I've seen some glitches and stuff too. Hope they patch that stuff up in the near future. I got the game with the new Xbone bundle, but if I'd have paid $60 separately for the game I'd be much more critical of it. As is though, it's enjoyable.

cejay0813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8  Edited By cejay0813
Member since 2004 • 1939 Posts

I honestly bought, regrettably so, the digital copy because of my love for the series, but I'm sort of let down by the story so far. If you like the immersive story of the series than this iteration would be the weakest.

As far as the gameplay goes, the scaling up and down mechanic has improved platforming and the combat has been polished in the sense that it's a bit more challenging. Once you get comfortable with it though it should feel natural. All the improved animations are awesome to watch and the crowds are great but I'm one that would rather have hundreds of NPC's on screen if it means performance improvement rather than thousands with the addition of a choppy framerate and extremely long load times. I also feel that with the additional NPCs seen, it makes it blaringly obvious the amount of copy and pasting there is. Lol

The missions are quite varied so far which I appreciate the most, as the damn tailing missions were beyond boring and repetitive.

Another step backward though would be the game's incessant desire to incorporate that dang companion app to the point of limiting you from opening chests in-game until you do some mundane task on the mobile app... which I still haven't figured out. Also, the addition of microtransactions was the saddest thing to see next to paid DLC.

If they can figure out the bugs and fix the framerate issues, it would be a worthy addition to the series. May bump the score up to an 8 but as of now, it's all too worthy of that 7. It's good but lacking

jay1318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By jay1318
Member since 2014 • 33 Posts

The companion app thing is maddening! For the love of god get that stuff out of the game.

The game itself is detailed and scenery is beautiful, but the character models and graphics are very standard. Nothing special at all. Controls are still wonky as hell too. How have they NOT worked out the control issues after so many games in the series?

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#10 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

I also have the same problem with the controls. They feel wonky and it's hard to do the jumping around sometimes. Arno doesn't go exactly where you want him to go.

Also, this game is probably the most bugged AC game I've played to date. I've seen Arno fall through the ground and then rise back up, hence the game desynchronizing. Also, in one of the earlier missions, when I was trying to climb to the top of a chapel from the inside, I've had framerate skips happen all over. I was thinking "Wait, if they took the time to polish the game, why did they had to **** up on some of this stuff?" Didn't they playtest this thoroughly? Apparently not! Very disappointed with them on this, for sure.

waffleboy22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By waffleboy22
Member since 2013 • 305 Posts

I really dislike the dislike the movement system. I really can;t count the amount of times I have been detected while trying to use stealth because of their strange layout, and that's without mentioning the massive amount of technical problems i've experienced. But overall, I think the movement and control system is the worst part of the game. It really seems like i'ts trying too hard to be AC 2, and goes terribly out of its way to do so, so much so that the game is some times extremely aggravating to even play.