Offical : Halo 4 Thread ....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Venom951 (374 posts) -
Talk all things Halo 4 and 343 industries . Lets hear opinions Go !
#3 Posted by ItsJoeMama (215 posts) -

Halo sucks donkey nuts

Meeeper282

Go play with your pokemon figures in the corner.

#4 Posted by MentatAssassin (3007 posts) -

Halo sucks donkey nuts

Meeeper282

"Him sad! Him, pedestrian!"

#5 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
Foward Until Dawn show was really cool.
#6 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

Halo 4 is going to be one of those games that I'm going to buy because I know it's going to be good, but for me it's going to get lost between the other titles I'm getting (mainly Assassin's Creed 3 - which I'm still playing right now - and Black Ops 2, which I can almost guarantee will be my go to shooter over Halo 4). So yeah, it will be good, but I won't be playing it much.

#7 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
This thread is so sad. Is this really where Halo is at now, no one cares. Midnight release soon and no one cares. Yikes. I am out of town a few days so i wont play it till then.
#8 Posted by Archangel3371 (15753 posts) -
[QUOTE="dvader654"]This thread is so sad. Is this really where Halo is at now, no one cares. Midnight release soon and no one cares. Yikes. I am out of town a few days so i wont play it till then.

Don't let the quite on the game forums fool you Vader Halo is still a huge franchise. If you judge game popularity by forum chatter you'd think that the Call of Duty games were the worst games ever that would have trouble breaking a million copies sold across all platforms.
#9 Posted by Archangel3371 (15753 posts) -
I gots my copy of Halo 4. :D Note to self start pre-ordering, I got stuck having to get the regular edition. :(
#10 Posted by Allicrombie (25240 posts) -
No one likes Milhouse! I mean ...Halo. >.>
#11 Posted by Metamania (12018 posts) -

I gots my copy of Halo 4. :D Note to self start pre-ordering, I got stuck having to get the regular edition. :(Archangel3371

Yeah, I accidently made the mistake of canceling my order of the limted edition on Amazon. Wasn't a good day for me. So I had to break down and get the regular edition instead. Bummer.

#12 Posted by GodModeEnabled (15314 posts) -
A new Halo game just came out and this thread was buried on the fourth page? whuuuu... Anyways I haven't played singleplayer yet but played a couple hours of Team Deathmatch tonight, godamn is it ruthless. I feel really out of touch with the online shooter crowd but the more I played the better I slowly got. So far I like the sniper rifle playstyle the best. Overall it is pretty fun, I certainly see why people like the online so much. There are a lot of modes to choose from that I haven't even looked at yet. So far I see like 10-12 ish maps and about as many modes... pretty good variety. The strongest point of the whole experience so far is certainly the map design. Very well done maps. Mostly medium sized from what I played but there was this really fun smaller map with lots of vehicles and carnage. Oh also I got teabagged by a giant mech.... it was pretty funny. And uhh... I guess Halo is using Killstreak rewards now, i'm not sure how they scale or if you can even customize them (I seen nowhere to do it) 5 kills in a row is the best I got and all it offers you is like a gun drop of some kind like a better machine gun (thats goes away when you die) or some plasma grenades or something. So it's nothing too gamebreaking or anything like that. There are lots of things to unlock as you level up which is pretty cool. New armor pieces, new guns, different options for your emblem and tag etc. Always nice to see that stuff there. Tommorow i'm gonna jump into the singleplayer. The multiplayer is pretty fun though i'm not sure I like it more or less than Call Of Duty yet, need more time with it.
#13 Posted by Shame-usBlackley (18266 posts) -

Got it. So far it's very good. It feels like previous Halo games, only much prettier and with perhaps a bit more inventive perspective and interesting level design.

Still really early in, but so far, so good.

#14 Posted by muller39 (14944 posts) -

I bought the Halo 4 limited edition console as it is my first time owning an xbox since the original. I love the console and controllers, it looks fantastic. I am really enjoying the single player. I have only played an hour of it but it is a lot of fun. The multiplayer is fun, it takes skill to do well and I'm not quite there yet. Dominion and Regicide have been fun modes so far.

#15 Posted by Metamania (12018 posts) -

I haven't tested out the multiplayer yet, but the storyline is getting to be better and better. I also played one mission of Spartan Ops and I like that mode a lot; just dealing with missions against the AI and it's nice to work together with a team to achieve the end goal. I hope to play more after I get off from work today.

#16 Posted by Jbul (4835 posts) -

Played the first few hours of the campaign. It's been an interesting experience, in some ways it doesn't feel like the Halo we all know (new guns, new enemies), but in some ways I find myself a little bored to be honest. The visuals are nice, but Cortana is annoying me already with all her orders and chatter. If I wanted to be nagged and annoyed, I'd spend time with my girlfriend. So far the campaign isn't grabbing me like Reach's did. It just feels very "same ole", and right now, that's not enought to keep me playing. I don't appreciate being a button-pushing errand boy in what's supposed to be "one of the best shooters ever). Certainly this campaign isn't the pants-sh!tting masterpiece some sites have claimed it is -- 9.8 my ass. I do suppose my opinion could change, but for now, I'm going back to AC3 (another game which fairly disappointing so far, but I have more hope for).

If this is what we call "The peak of the genre", this entire generation needs to end (which it does, anyway), as of yesterday. Time to pack it up, boys.

#17 Posted by muller39 (14944 posts) -

The visuals are nice, but Cortana is annoying me already with all her orders and chatter. If I wanted to be nagged and annoyed, I'd spend time with my girlfriend.

Jbul
Hahah so true.
#18 Posted by Jbul (4835 posts) -

Played a little more, and past my knee-jerk reactions (and an opening 90 minutes that feels way too familiar), the campaign is starting to impress. I love how even 5 minutes in, you find a weapon never before seen in a Halo game, as if to say "Things are different now". And now that the game is opening up, I'm enjoying the hell out of it. So for all those a little discouraged by the first hour or so, keep chugging, there's some really good stuff here.

Anyone else notice how insanely polished this game feels? That's a word that's overused in this industry, but this game really deserves it -- much more than even Reach or Halo 3. Now that the game is flexing it's creative muscles with new enviroments, set pieces, weapons, and visuals, I'm beginning to love it.

#19 Posted by Jbul (4835 posts) -

A new Halo game just came out and this thread was buried on the fourth page? whuuuu... Anyways I haven't played singleplayer yet but played a couple hours of Team Deathmatch tonight, godamn is it ruthless. I feel really out of touch with the online shooter crowd but the more I played the better I slowly got. So far I like the sniper rifle playstyle the best. Overall it is pretty fun, I certainly see why people like the online so much. There are a lot of modes to choose from that I haven't even looked at yet. So far I see like 10-12 ish maps and about as many modes... pretty good variety. The strongest point of the whole experience so far is certainly the map design. Very well done maps. Mostly medium sized from what I played but there was this really fun smaller map with lots of vehicles and carnage. Oh also I got teabagged by a giant mech.... it was pretty funny. And uhh... I guess Halo is using Killstreak rewards now, i'm not sure how they scale or if you can even customize them (I seen nowhere to do it) 5 kills in a row is the best I got and all it offers you is like a gun drop of some kind like a better machine gun (thats goes away when you die) or some plasma grenades or something. So it's nothing too gamebreaking or anything like that. There are lots of things to unlock as you level up which is pretty cool. New armor pieces, new guns, different options for your emblem and tag etc. Always nice to see that stuff there. Tommorow i'm gonna jump into the singleplayer. The multiplayer is pretty fun though i'm not sure I like it more or less than Call Of Duty yet, need more time with it.GodModeEnabled

I have yet to try the multiplayer, but I've always believed Halo games were much more technical in their multiplayer aspects -- since opponents don't die in 2 bullets. That whole killstreak rewards thing worries me a bit, though. Doesn't bode well for balance (at least on paper).

#20 Posted by GodModeEnabled (15314 posts) -
Played the first 3 story missions, played the first Spartan Ops mission and played a couple more hours of multiplayer. There is a lot to like in the game. I was quite impressed with the one spartan ops map I played, it was short and to the point but still meaty as well. These Spartan Ops maps are just BEGGING to played cooperatively on higher difficultys. I wussied out and went with normal on my game just to kinda experience it and not be too frustrated first time through but actually I find it just challenging enough ot be engaging. I still find myself dying three or four times per mission, sometimes more. The best part of the single player so far is the immersion. I love how they really have the hud and the helmet insides on the corner of your TV so it looks like you are really looking out at the world through the inside of this crazy suit. Beyond that the graphics and soundtrack so far are really good and help draw you in nicely. The first couple of missions were kind of ho hum, been here done this for me but then mission three really started to venture into new territory and open up with the new enemies. They are certainly a lot more badass than the covenant. Their weapons are fun to use too. Looking forward to checking out more of the game, I think I am going to keep playing the three modes to really get a good sense of the whole package. I don't say this a ton about new games but the amount of content here, and the quality make this one worth it at $60. So far, so good. My only gripe is that it feels very familiar and samey to the other games. Then again, I guess it is supposed to.
#21 Posted by Archangel3371 (15753 posts) -
Just finished Halo 4 and WOW was it ever amazing. 343 did an absolutely fantastic job with this game. Great audio and visual, top-notch gameplay, and the best story in a Halo game. I went right in and played the game on Legendary difficulty and it was a terrific experience. I'm very interested in what's going to happen in part two of this trilogy.
#22 Posted by wavey_gravey (11155 posts) -
Been playing the game on and off since release. Not nearly as much as I would have liked to as I have been busy with a few work projects, but so far so great. I too felt that the campaign was a little tedious to start off with, but it has certainly opened up now. The new forerunner enemies, particularly the Knights are a great addition and really make you think tactically about how to take them down. I am playing on Heroic at the moment which is my go to level for first playthrough, challenging enough to make me work, but not so much that I am throwing the controller in frustration. There is a lot of familiarity with some of the missions, go to this tower and turn this off, rinse, repeat another 2 times, and a flying mission that was very reminiscent of a mission in Reach, but I guess familiarity isn't a bad thing in the Halo universe. Besides, I get the impression that 343 are easing themselves in to the franchise. One thing I have noticed that has changed that I really like. The weapons actually feel like they have some weight to them now. I have always felt that the weapons were quite floaty in Halo, however these feel chunky and they sound great. Picking up the Forerunner weapons for the first time was great. I don't know what to make of the Sparan Ops missions. They are quite good fun, but they aren't particularly challenging. I have completed all episodes on Legendary without too much trouble. In fact, I would say that the first mission is the most challenging, and that is only because of the wraiths, and my inability to judge the trajectory of the shot that I made it harder than it should be. I think I am inclined to agree with reviews about Spartan Ops that, at the moment, I am not sure it is comparable with Firefight, and I am unlikely to spend too much time on the episodes once they have been played. I guess time will tell on that. The Multiplayer has me worried a little bit. I have always enjoyed Halo MP because everyone starts on a level playing field, however being able to unlock weapons takes this away a little bit. Initially in early levels I was struggling, however I do seem to have found my flow a little now, but that is only because I have unlocked the Covenant Carbine and the DMR. As for the Ordinance rewards, it isn't based on kills, I am not sure if that is obvious to folk? I have had ordinance for getting a Killing Spree, but I have also had ordinance for supportive tasks, assists (wingman bonuses), etc. I am not entirely sure that the ordinance makes that much difference to the game play really. The only one I have found that did support me a little more was the Overshield, and a speed boost, but these are things that you could pick up in the map anyway, and I don't think I am a skilled enough player to really be able to affect the battlefield that much when I get them. The maps I have played so far are all great, they are significantly more interesting than the maps that were bundled with Reach so already I think this MP is better, and I love that KOTH (my fav mode) is now a separate playlist. I need to play a little more of the MP to decide what I think of it in actuality, at the moment I am cautious about it.
#23 Posted by Archangel3371 (15753 posts) -
Yeah the Ordinance drops in Halo 4 aren't really 'killstreaks'. There is an indicator on the middle left of your screen that fills up in a circular fashion from various things you do in the match. These are from assists, kills, vehicle kills, or even distracting an enemy while your teammate gets the kill. Most of these power weapons can be found on the maps but it mainly gives others the chance to get some of these weapons instead of having some people hogging them like before. I really like this new addition.
#24 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
Well the game is beautiful. The thing is that its still the same exact thing. You'd think a new dev, a new trilogy that they would really try some new stuff but there is nothing game changings. All new weapons basically are the same types with a new color laser. The new enemies are cool but not different enough to feel new. Scenarios are still the same, part of this game takes place in a catographer which has the same layout as the one in Halo 1. Areas aren't huge so there has not been big battles to use vehicles in. That said its still fun to play with great enemy AI and nice mix of enemies that force some strategic play. But more of the same.
#25 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

Well the game is beautiful. The thing is that its still the same exact thing. You'd think a new dev, a new trilogy that they would really try some new stuff but there is nothing game changings. All new weapons basically are the same types with a new color laser. The new enemies are cool but not different enough to feel new. Scenarios are still the same, part of this game takes place in a catographer which has the same layout as the one in Halo 1. Areas aren't huge so there has not been big battles to use vehicles in. That said its still fun to play with great enemy AI and nice mix of enemies that force some strategic play. But more of the same.dvader654

Do you expect Uncharted 4 or the next Killzone to be different? I personally would love to see those franchises go in a different direction, but sadly more of the same is all we're going to get. I just hope someone does something different with FPSs next gen because im tired of more of the same even if they are as good as Halo 4.

EDIT: God of War Acsension! God I was hoping they would do something different. I was hoping for a 300 styIe game where Kratos leads the spartan army into battle. Could've been awesome. Now all we'll get is the same game I've played 5 times in the last 7 years.

#26 Posted by gpuFX16 (1296 posts) -

Well the game is beautiful. The thing is that its still the same exact thing. You'd think a new dev, a new trilogy that they would really try some new stuff but there is nothing game changings. All new weapons basically are the same types with a new color laser. The new enemies are cool but not different enough to feel new. Scenarios are still the same, part of this game takes place in a catographer which has the same layout as the one in Halo 1. Areas aren't huge so there has not been big battles to use vehicles in. That said its still fun to play with great enemy AI and nice mix of enemies that force some strategic play. But more of the same.dvader654

This is what stopped me from purchasing. I knew it woulld'nt change much. I'll most likely just borrow for a friend and knock out the campaign, then give it back. No interest in the multiplayer anymore for me.

#27 Posted by Archangel3371 (15753 posts) -
I am also VERY happy that people can now join matches in progress. It was so disheartening to have to go through matches when people from your team dropped out especially in Big Team Battle when multiple teammates dropped.
#28 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

[QUOTE="dvader654"]Well the game is beautiful. The thing is that its still the same exact thing. You'd think a new dev, a new trilogy that they would really try some new stuff but there is nothing game changings. All new weapons basically are the same types with a new color laser. The new enemies are cool but not different enough to feel new. Scenarios are still the same, part of this game takes place in a catographer which has the same layout as the one in Halo 1. Areas aren't huge so there has not been big battles to use vehicles in. That said its still fun to play with great enemy AI and nice mix of enemies that force some strategic play. But more of the same.S0lidSnake

Do you expect Uncharted 4 or the next Killzone to be different? I personally would love to see those franchises go in a different direction, but sadly more of the same is all we're going to get. I just hope someone does something different with FPSs next gen because im tired of more of the same even if they are as good as Halo 4.

EDIT: God of War Acsension! God I was hoping they would do something different. I was hoping for a 300 styIe game where Kratos leads the spartan army into battle. Could've been awesome. Now all we'll get is the same game I've played 5 times in the last 7 years.

If it switched devs and those franchises were starting something new yeah I would expect a bit different. I dont mean alter everything, just change up the gameplay a bit. Every MGS manages to do this. Every Zelda manages to do this. I think a lot of it is simply it being a FPS which to my belief is the most restrictive genre in terms of gameplay by its very nature.

#29 Posted by Jbul (4835 posts) -

If you haven't experienced big areas with vehicles, you haven't played very far in the campaign. :P

#30 Posted by Twin-Blade (6795 posts) -

It was very good. I wouldn't say amazing. I didn't get to spend much time with the multiplayer because I've had to study for exams, but from my limited experience I think the multiplayer is a step back, even from Reach. Being able to choose loadouts is the wrong idea. Everyone goes for the DRM anyway. I much prefer starting with the Assault Rifle, the DRM should be a weapon that has to be picked up, limited to about 2-4 per map at a time.

I haven't tried every map, but the only one I enjoyed a lot from the short time playing was Ragnarok, but then again I've spent countless hours in that map in past Halo games so maybe that's why I like it so much more than the others. Not a fan of many of the armour abilities either. I just wish it was Halo 3 with new maps pretty much. The ranking system was so much better back then as well.

#31 Posted by GodModeEnabled (15314 posts) -

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

[QUOTE="dvader654"]Well the game is beautiful. The thing is that its still the same exact thing. You'd think a new dev, a new trilogy that they would really try some new stuff but there is nothing game changings. All new weapons basically are the same types with a new color laser. The new enemies are cool but not different enough to feel new. Scenarios are still the same, part of this game takes place in a catographer which has the same layout as the one in Halo 1. Areas aren't huge so there has not been big battles to use vehicles in. That said its still fun to play with great enemy AI and nice mix of enemies that force some strategic play. But more of the same.dvader654

If it switched devs and those franchises were starting something new yeah I would expect a bit different. I dont mean alter everything, just change up the gameplay a bit. Every MGS manages to do this. Every Zelda manages to do this. I think a lot of it is simply it being a FPS which to my belief is the most restrictive genre in terms of gameplay by its very nature.

Nah, there are big differences between games like Bioshock, Halo and Borderlands for instance. Most Zelda games feature the same dungeon items, themes and even some bosses. Heres the boomerang, the bow and arrow, the hookshot, the ice place, the fire palce, the desert place lalalala. I would certainly agree that some subsets of shooters (IE modern day military themed ones or WW2 ones) are very samey. But a lot of them are really different from each other.
#32 Posted by wavey_gravey (11155 posts) -
I have spent a bit more time with the multiplayer and I think that the MP is better than Reach so far. I like the maps, they seem better laid out and more varied. I like that you can join mid game, no more having to stick out a game 1 v 4 because people have left and I actually like the Ordinance drops. Like another poster said, they are more the weapons that can be picked up in the map any way, it just gives others a chance with the Hammer, energy sword etc. without someone hogging it all game. I agree that most do use the DMR, but that isn't a problem for me - I love that weapon, although am currently rolling Covenant rifle because of the faster fire rate. I also finished the campaign. I certainly think that it was good, however I honestly don't feel as invested in the story as some of my more "fanboyish" friends. It felt polished, but didn't grab me so much. I look forward to my Legendary playthrough though, with Reach I got a greater appreciation of the campaign on the hardest difficulty. I maintain that 343 has done a fantastic job on the weapons, both sound design and visual. All the weapons feel like they have weight which I haven't had the sense of in previous games.
#33 Posted by LikeHaterade (10643 posts) -

You know what's great? Busting your ass for an armor, that Best Buy unlocks for pre-ordering with them. F*** the damn marketing team. ****

#34 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

[QUOTE="dvader654"]

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

GodModeEnabled

Nah, there are big differences between games like Bioshock, Halo and Borderlands for instance. Most Zelda games feature the same dungeon items, themes and even some bosses. Heres the boomerang, the bow and arrow, the hookshot, the ice place, the fire palce, the desert place lalalala. I would certainly agree that some subsets of shooters (IE modern day military themed ones or WW2 ones) are very samey. But a lot of them are really different from each other.

No. Zelda changes entire gameplay systems in a way those other games never dare to. Skyward sword controls in a totally different way than any game ever made. Its focus totally changed, the overworld completely different from any Zelda game. WW's water world was unlike anything from the N64 Zeldas. Majora's Mask time system, mask implementation and NPC quests is not in any other Zelda game. They do things that change major aspects of the game while keeping the core gameplay there.

That would be the equivalent of a Halo game that has now has multiple objectives with NPCs giving quests and you using your vehicles to go around an open world rather than just playing the standard mostly linear ebb and flow kind of game but keeping the same core shooting and driving vehicles. Bioshock 1 to Bioshock Infinite THAT is a Zelda like change, Bioshock 1 to Bioshock 2 is not.

#35 Posted by SteelAttack (10520 posts) -
This game is very, very good. Its shooting mechanics are great, weapon variety to please anyone regardless of playstyle, graphics up there with the best of the best gaming has to offer, and a fun multiplayer mode with different stuff to try out. I'm not a big FPS fan, to be honest, but the Halo games take a special place in my gaming pantheon that no other FPS has been able to share. This one could very well end up being my favorite.
#36 Posted by GodModeEnabled (15314 posts) -
Finished this badboy. I actually liked the story, which genuinely surprised me considering i'm critical and hard to please. I really like the whole exploring what it is to be human and bringing more life to the main character. This game as a whole, from the well done single player, spartan ops and multiplayer is a pleasant surprise for me. It earns it's nine score easily. I'm still in a state of shock that the story was actually good. This might be the best Halo game.
#37 Posted by Jbul (4835 posts) -

Finished the campaign last night. Such a great experience (despite my poor first impressions), and moreover the best campaign since the original Halo (which I beat probably hundreds of times on Legendary, no joke). I really loved Reach's campaign as well, and although Halo 4's campaign was a tad shorter, the quality of this game -- from the constant influx of new weapons, the persistent gameplay variety, the new enemies and story-arch, to the near-flawless gunplay and generation-defying visuals -- all add up to some really impressive work from 343. This is a game that has that "magic" that so many shooter campaigns strive for but despite huge budgets and famous actors -- fail to achieve.

Although I haven't delved into the versus multiplayer, I really enjoyed what I've played of Spartan Ops, and I even tried co-op campaign multiplayer with my girlfriend last night and we had a blast. There's a lot of content here that all seems to be high quality and work pretty seamlessly together. The game feels like it has the most soul of any Halo game I've played, and for that alone (even though there's plenty else to celebrate), 343 should be commended.

Fantastic piece of work all around.

#38 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

Finally was able to find it at Redbox today. Have been dying to play it after reading you guys rave about the campaign.

I must say the graphics are amazing. It's so weird playing a Halo game that looks stunning for a change. No, it's weird playing a Halo game that actually looks better than any game I've ever played. There are so many visual tricks on show here, so many post processing effects going on at once and all of it is presented with such artistry... it's really quite stunning. See that's one thing PC gamers dont realize. It's not how many polygons you are pushing or how high res the textures are or whether or not it runs at 1080p 60fps. It's all about the visual effects and the art styIe. No PC game I've played at 1080p has this much going on at once. It's like Killzone when it comes to post processing effects with the scale of a Halo game. God I love this sh*t.

The game does start out a bit slow, but I just got to the point where you meet new enemies and new weapons and easily the first wow moment of the game for me. It all feels so new and fresh. Story is a bit disappointing so far, but it's still early on and I can already see that they've put in a lot of effort bringing Cortana to life. The very first scene with her uncertain about waking up Master Chief works flawlessly because her facial expressions are animated so well.

#39 Posted by wiouds (5262 posts) -

I was playing on Heroic and on the last level of the game. I was thinking to myself that I should go back and replay on normal just so I can take do the enemies easier.

#40 Posted by Shame-usBlackley (18266 posts) -

Just finished the campaign.

Wow.

343 did a tremendous job with the franchise. I loved how the game played up the relationship between man and AI, blurring the lines between the two. Although it was a little short, I still enjoyed it a bunch. The music is fantastic, too. I really don't have any complaints that are worth mentioning outside of the non-human weapons sucking a bit. There had to have been an enormous amount of pressure on 343 with such a big franchise, and they delivered in spades -- it is perhaps the best game in the series outside of the original CE.

I'm very , very happy I bought this, because I was thinking about holding off and renting for a while.

Also, sharp-eyed gamers who take the time to watch the credits roll might see that Conan 'O Brien is listed in the credits under "additional voices." Interesting.

#41 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

Wow.

343 did a tremendous job with the franchise. I loved how the game played up the relationship between man and AI, blurring the lines between the two. Although it was a little short, I still enjoyed it a bunch. The music is fantastic, too. I really don't have any complaints that are worth mentioning outside of the non-human weapons sucking a bit. There had to have been an enormous amount of pressure on 343 with such a big franchise, and they delivered in spades -- it is perhaps the best game in the series outside of the original CE.

I'm very , very happy I bought this, because I was thinking about holding off and renting for a while.

Also, sharp-eyed gamers who take the time to watch the credits roll might see that Conan 'O Brien is listed in the credits under "additional voices." Interesting.

Shame-usBlackley

I enjoyed it too. Just felt that it was a little on the shorter side. I had a blast playing the game though. Loved the vehicle segments, the mechs, the pelican and the final jet sequences were amazing.

I still think that it was a safe sequel and could've been a whole lot better if they had taken some risks. The new weapons dont feel that new, the story doesnt really hit the the epic tones of Halo 3 and Reach, and it all feels very been there done that. Still, the best shooter on the market but could've been better.

#42 Posted by Shame-usBlackley (18266 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shame-usBlackley"]

Wow.

S0lidSnake

I enjoyed it too. Just felt that it was a little on the shorter side. I had a blast playing the game though. Loved the vehicle segments, the mechs, the pelican and the final jet sequences were amazing.

I still think that it was a safe sequel and could've been a whole lot better if they had taken some risks. The new weapons dont feel that new, the story doesnt really hit the the epic tones of Halo 3 and Reach, and it all feels very been there done that. Still, the best shooter on the market but could've been better.

It did feel safe, but I think I would've done it the same way, though. Halo isn't a franchise where massive, sweeping changes should be made, because it is already so structurally sound. I keep thinking about the note left by 343 at the end, where they essentially say, "Thanks for trusting us with such a special franchise." I think it would've been kind of shltty if 343 barged in and started molding the series into something the fans didn't recognize, and that note seems to indicate that they want to take the reins carefully. I think it would've benefitted from a few boss battles, and new weaponry in a shooter should always be welcome, but the new stuff was pretty blah, save for the light rifle and scattergun. I really enjoyed the number of enemies on screen at times, and some of the locales were fvcking epic as hell. I would've liked to have seen more weather effects -- rainstorms, snow and the like, though.

One thing is for sure -- it was nice to play a traditional Halo vehicle-based end level that wasn't full of slowdown. Technically-speaking, 343 pushed the shlt out of the hardware. I have no idea how they crammed some of the stuff they did into the game. It's mighty purdy at times.

Most of all, it was neat to see the relationship between Cortana and the Chief become more developed. Bungie had done an okay job of sort of dancing around how close they were, but 343 really drove it home. I honestly feel that there was more character development between the two just in this one game than there was in the previous three.