Oddworld Inhabitants?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Socom_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Socom_Phantom
Member since 2002 • 485 Posts
I have not seen anything from Oddworld Inhabitants in awhile, I was curious if anyone has kept up with what they may be up to? I did notice that their sequel to Oddworld Stranger's Wrath was cancelled. I was a big fan of the first few games they made, that included a quirky main character called Abe. Not sure if anyone else out there has any fond memories of playing Abe's Exodus and Abe's Oddysee. If you have not checked out these games, I suggest you do so, even though they may be quite old it is still some great fun. I have been trying to keep up with what they are creating next but it seems they have dropped off the map, any insight from other fans would be appreciated.
anthonyActon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#2 anthonyActon
Member since 2004 • 3748 Posts
Great series. I had Abe's Oddysee and Exodus on PS1, and Munch on xbox. Never got to play Strangers Wrath. The company stopped making games in April 2005 to pursue the creation of motion pictures.
Socom_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Socom_Phantom
Member since 2002 • 485 Posts
Well thats certainly good to know, now I won't keep expecting to see a Oddworld title on the next gen systems,lol. They were some hilarious games, so I actually look forward to see what they do in the animited movie business. Hopefully it was a good move on their part as there certainly hasn't been any news on what projects they are developing, and if that move was made in 2005 surely they would have some credible work to show for it you would think. Anyways, thanks for the reply.
TkLive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TkLive
Member since 2007 • 730 Posts
I actually visited their studio a few months back, they do not make games anymore. They are making animated films.