Obduction - Myst style game - 4 Days left to make it happen!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Fay
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

4 DAYS

left to raise

to make this project happen!

OBDUCTION:

Anyone remember Myst or Riven (Or maybe one of the other games in the Myst series; Exile, Revelation, Uru, End of Ages?).

Well the same company is planning to make another Myst style game in a different setting and wow is it looking promising. It's quite nice to see this style of game being made again I feel the current game market is being flooded by too many similar games so I'm definitely looking forward to this one. What do you guys think?:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cyaninc/obduction

LVTRFEV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LVTRFEV

I love all of the Cyan games and look forward to this new one. $500,000 was raised from 10/18-10/21 by 'backers' on Kickstarter and it looks like there is a chance they will reach make their $1+million goal. It's a great way show support and also to pre-order the game plus other perks depending on the level at which you pledge. Their thank you for a $75 pledge is a limited edition of a PC boxed game.

jayoliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#3 jayoliver
Member since 2005 • 26 Posts

I do hope GameSpot regards this as "front-page-news" at some point (if they haven´t already and I missed it?) - or are the users on here, in general, too young to remember the fantastic games produced by this company, thus making it irrelevant?

I´ve already decided to support them, since I'm looking forward to what might come out of this and hope more people give them their support. It´ll be worth it!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#4 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69428 Posts

Myst series from 1-3 were exceptionally immersive. The world that you were interacting with was of great importance. It made you mind wonder and marinate in the splendor of an alien yet familiar world. It was almost like steroids for your mind. They lost that magic in the later games. If they can re-capture that experience in Obduction I would be on board.

GreatAndyScott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GreatAndyScott

I'm totally on board! We're way overdue for a game like this. Cyan's already started teasing us with some details on the plot and one of the characters (check out the latest update on their Kickstarter page). They're really going for something on the level of Myst and Riven, and the early artwork they're showing on the page just looks incredible! I've pledged for a hard copy of their "Art of Obduction" book because there's a lot more I want to drool over before the game comes out.

As of today, they're up to over 11,000 backers and over $626,000 and less than three weeks to go. Come on guys! Let's make this happen. Keep spreading the word on Facebook/Twitter and other forums. Keeping the ambitious indie dreams alive is what helps make games as good as they are.

Justin_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Justin_G
Member since 2004 • 202 Posts

holy friggin' crap, it's Atrus!1 :o

why didn't this spark more attention? Myst used to be my favorite series of games; this is so exciting!

Fay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Fay

@Justin_G said:

holy friggin' crap, it's Atrus!1 :o

why didn't this spark more attention? Myst used to be my favorite series of games; this is so exciting!

I think most people just haven't heard about it. It's not been widely advertised on a lot of websites so only those who follow Cyan actively heard about it in the first place and since then it's only spread to some websites. It's going to be a close call, 150k left to go in 4 days :/