Not very happy with next-gen gaming so far...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edge_Plus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Edge_Plus
Member since 2013 • 135 Posts

It's not the fact that the system is bad or anything like that it's the fact that the games that I have I can't play what I want to play. I have the Xbox one and have had it for a little over a week now. I'm liking all the features etc. but the games that I have aren't really having me happy/entertained so far. NBA2K14 was great at first, when it worked. After about a few days of play the server went to total shit and I haven't been able to play anything. Now that I am finally able to play a little few modes I still can't play every game mode because of server problems. I thought this was suppose to be next-gen? Why the **** would you have shitty servers on something that I have paid so much money for? Yeah, I know they are not xbox servers but still this is NEXT-gen.

So, when the servers were down I was like," **** it, I'm gonna go get battlefield 4 since I can't play shit." Again, the game worked for a few days and I was having fun. THEN, the game deletes my campaign mode and doesn't allow me to get on any server I'm multiplayer. Now I'm just like wtf and haven't been able to get on the multiplayer sense.

Anyone else not having a good time so far? Did I just pick horrible games to start out with?

I'm just kind of pissed off because how can this be the future of fucking gaming if you can't have a fucking server right.

Evdne971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Evdne971
Member since 2012 • 341 Posts

I'm an xbox fan.

To be honest I'd just get a ps4

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@Evdne971 said:

I'm an xbox fan.

To be honest I'd just get a ps4

Way to not understand

2K is awful for it's online services, it's something they don't understand, netcode and 2K don't mix

Battlefield is buggy online

Both games are borked on all platforms

So forget what Evdne971 said, they're not well versed enough to participate

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 43990 Posts

Yeah that's really unfortunate. I guess it's just those two games you got. I have Killer Instinct, Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, and Call of Duty: Ghosts and haven't had any issues with any of them although I haven't played DR3 online yet.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Both those games are buggy. Though I managed to put 45 hours into bf4 multiplayer despite all the bugs. Maybe you should try AC Black flag or forza 5.

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#6 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

Have you tried Forza Motorsport 5, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Call of Duty: Ghosts, and Ryse: Son of Rome? They're pretty good. There are other games on the way-- Tomb Raider Definitive Edition on January 28, Titanfall on March 11, and Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes on March 18.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@MathMattS said:

Have you tried Forza Motorsport 5, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Call of Duty: Ghosts, and Ryse: Son of Rome? They're pretty good. There are other games on the way-- Tomb Raider Definitive Edition on January 28, Titanfall on March 11, and Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes on March 18.

I can't wait to play Tomb Raider in January.

GuitarSmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GuitarSmash
Member since 2013 • 274 Posts

Here are some suggestions

If you want an Action game: Dead Rising 3, Ryse (slow, tedious combat though), or CoD Ghosts (not a big fan, i prefer BF4)

Adventure: Assassin's Creed 4, Need for Speed Rivals, Lego Marvel Super Heroes

Multiplayer: Dead Rising 3 (2 player coop, but beware, the invite system sucks), CoD Ghosts, Forza 5,

Some games to look forward to: Tomb Raider Definitve Edition (Jan. 2014), Thief (Feb. 2014), Metal Gear Solid Ground Zereoes (March 2014, 40$), Dying Light (2014), Evil Within (2014), The Division (Late 2014)

Still hoping for a DayZ console release and Outlast release for Xbone!

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@GuitarSmash said:

Here are some suggestions

If you want an Action game: Dead Rising 3, Ryse (slow, tedious combat though), or CoD Ghosts (not a big fan, i prefer BF4)

Adventure: Assassin's Creed 4, Need for Speed Rivals, Lego Marvel Super Heroes

Multiplayer: Dead Rising 3 (2 player coop, but beware, the invite system sucks), CoD Ghosts, Forza 5,

Some games to look forward to: Tomb Raider Definitve Edition (Jan. 2014), Thief (Feb. 2014), Metal Gear Solid Ground Zereoes (March 2014, 40$), Dying Light (2014), Evil Within (2014), The Division (Late 2014)

Still hoping for a DayZ console release and Outlast release for Xbone!

nice list imo.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Get a WiiU. It has the best games available right now. Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, and Wonderful 101 are great. Also, get enough people in a room and Nintendo Land turns into an amazing game.

Riku200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 2

#11 Riku200
Member since 2009 • 361 Posts

I say "patience".No game console started out as strong as it's predecesor ended.We'll see what kind of games will come in the near future.

Do you think we'll get more sequels to old series or more entirely new series?

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

@MathMattSand @GuitarSmash:

I think the TC's point was not that there is nothing to play, but rather that the games he wants to play all have broken online components. It's understandable to be upset, especially when you consider EA basically flat out said "we don't do offline games."

It'd be sorta like if there was a online forum that you posted on all the time that decided to usher in a new console generation by offering an upgrade, only nothing worked and you spent half your time retyping posts because they mysteriously disappeared when you hit send. That would suck, right?

touchscreenpad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 touchscreenpad
Member since 2013 • 220 Posts

Well...based on the posts it looks like you just got the wrong games to start out with. Perhaps you could try other games that the others suggested and hopefully you get a better experience playing those games.

Edge_Plus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Edge_Plus
Member since 2013 • 135 Posts

@jimmy_russell: uhm, both games that I have are as equally messed up on the ps4 as they are on the xbox one. Maybe you should read more before inferring anything that you think is right. I clearly said I don't have anything to complain about the quality of the xbox one.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

Next generation JUST CAME OUT. Were lucky when a new game comes out and it works right out of the box, let alone an entire new generation of hardware and software. New electronic products always have growing pains, anyone who buys games and consoles in the past decade should know this.

msulcs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 msulcs
Member since 2011 • 45 Posts

Wait till Watch Dogs or Destiny comes out. You'll poop your pants

CarcassPlays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CarcassPlays
Member since 2013 • 74 Posts

Yeah, it'll progress over time. Just give it a while. Honestly, I wouldn't have gotten NBA 2K14, because I don't find fun in it, but I would've gotten CoD, Battlefield 4, AC IV, Dead Rising 3, something else with bigger fan bases. 2K didn't expect their game to get as popular as it has been, so their servers may have been shittier, less worked on, etc., etc. These other games are already such a popular series, they're BOUND to have great servers that'll work online.

If you're talking about the online experience being bad as a whole, give it time. It's been out, close to two months now. They'll update it as time goes by.

New games will be out in the future. Better ones. It'll be better than what we have now, trust me. PS3 had a HUGE success with The Last of Us last year and that was one of it's final years being a big console.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#19 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@edge_plus said:

It's not the fact that the system is bad or anything like that it's the fact that the games that I have I can't play what I want to play. I have the Xbox one and have had it for a little over a week now. I'm liking all the features etc. but the games that I have aren't really having me happy/entertained so far. NBA2K14 was great at first, when it worked. After about a few days of play the server went to total shit and I haven't been able to play anything. Now that I am finally able to play a little few modes I still can't play every game mode because of server problems. I thought this was suppose to be next-gen? Why the **** would you have shitty servers on something that I have paid so much money for? Yeah, I know they are not xbox servers but still this is NEXT-gen.

So, when the servers were down I was like," **** it, I'm gonna go get battlefield 4 since I can't play shit." Again, the game worked for a few days and I was having fun. THEN, the game deletes my campaign mode and doesn't allow me to get on any server I'm multiplayer. Now I'm just like wtf and haven't been able to get on the multiplayer sense.

Anyone else not having a good time so far? Did I just pick horrible games to start out with?

I'm just kind of pissed off because how can this be the future of fucking gaming if you can't have a fucking server right.

Yeah it sucks. Stuff shouldn't be like this and a lot of people are expressing their feelings on this. I haven't had any real problems with the games i play though so far fortunately. But yeah that stuff sucks

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#20 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

i think that's how it's going to be this generation. i'm not saying that every game you buy (or even most) will be completely broken, but the increased use of online features that are essential to individual games will add new barriers and temptations for developers trying to keep things polished. we saw the beginning of this with the PS3/360 as developers were more willing to release a game before it was ready because they could just patch it later. but now you don't have to worry only about framerates, scripting errors, or other traditional bugs. you have to worry about whether or not poor servers will make your game either barebones or completely useless. you saw it a little bit with sim city, but that's just the start. look at how many games at this past E3 had MMO elements in them.

i'm not saying that online integration is a bad thing. it will certainly lead to a lot of really cool features. it's just that it will lead to problems as well.

Avatar image for klonoafanboy122
klonoafanboy122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 klonoafanboy122
Member since 2013 • 232 Posts

this gen has had a weak start

you should have got a ps4 over xbox one all xbox one ha going for it is deadrising 3 and that series is ovverated to begin with

while ps4 will have more exclusives and knak looks like fun

or get a vita i mean persona 4 golden and tereaway alone are awesome

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Needs more Splitscreen and Local Multiplayer.

Playing online is like playing the AI, only now its twice as annoying.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23  Edited By HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

I'm content with catching up and clearing out my backlog on PS3 for another year or two. No sense jumping into next gen when there are still bugs and glitches to be worked out. Plus I haven't seen any real system selling games out yet. Next gen Battlefield 4 looks tempting, but after reading about constant server crashes and lags on the battlelog forums, I'd rather wait for a price drop on the Premium Edition. Plus I'm waiting for games like Fallout 4 or the new Mass Effect before buying next gen.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

....you should have gone PC.

Zjun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Zjun
Member since 2013 • 147 Posts

@msulcs said:

Wait till Watch Dogs or Destiny comes out. You'll poop your pants

Both are for last/current gen. systems as well. How so very next generation.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

I'm not overly biased I own a 360 and PS3. I really don't like Microsoft too much though. PS4 vs X1 is a mute point they're both new systems. Next gen launches always suck no matter the platform. Look at the WiiU and how long it's taken for it to get some games. In the next 6 months or so the WiiU is just going to be hitting it's stride. It's like that for most new systems. They rush the hardware out and then it's a waiting game for software. I'm not buying a next gen system anytime soon. I still looking forward to Dark Souls 2 and a few other games. I wont be getting a next gen system till next Xmas at the earliest. I've get better things to do with $500 then stare at a system with no games.

Tqricardinho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Tqricardinho
Member since 2013 • 477 Posts

Me neither. That's why I'm only buying a PS4 next year, when there are already games like Final Fantasy XV, Watch Dogs, The Witcher 3, Kingdom Hearts 3 and many others available.

DavidSchmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28  Edited By DavidSchmidt
Member since 2013 • 50 Posts

All consoles will have a rough patch it has been that way for the last few generations, and it will be that way into the next. Just hold out it will slowly get better and better!

chicagog19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 chicagog19
Member since 2006 • 753 Posts

@cfisher2833 said:

....you should have gone PC.

This

nicecall