No one hyped 4 Just Cause 3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

I only ask because in my other thread about games you guys are looking forward to Just Cause 3 didnt get one single mention.

Whats up with that? Just Cause 2 is a worthy game even today and the Just Cause series is completely unique in its gameplay which is alot of fun.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I'm excited, but since it was underrated last-gen, I think that's the same case now! And the fact that they showed a trailer with no gameplay didn't help out much either with the hype.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Other than the fact that it exists we know nothing about it. I love Just Cause but it feels to early to start caring about the third game.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

I'll just stick with 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

I will buy it when the community will add the 1000 player multiplayer mod.

aHarti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By aHarti
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

I loved Just Cause 2 and I'm looking forward to Just Cause 3 but we haven't seen almost anything yet so there is not much to be hyped up.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

I'm definitely keeping an eye on it, but I'm not hugely excited for it... I didn't really get into JC2 for some reason.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Nope.... sorry.

waffleboy22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#9 waffleboy22
Member since 2013 • 305 Posts

I'm extremely excited for JC3. The devs didn't rush a new game out in the next year which is always a great sign, and, from what i've read about the game, the jump to next gen seems to have opened up a whole new door of potential for chaos. While I don't know if the story will be any better, that's not really the main focus of the game, and i'm really excited to see what kind of improvements are going to be brought to the series

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

I'm interested. Worried about DLC and micro transactions though, from JC2 dlc and what the heads of avalanche have said lately.

The core game could be awesome though.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

No I'm more hyped for Mad Max

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#12  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@ariabed said:

I only ask because in my other thread about games you guys are looking forward to Just Cause 3 didnt get one single mention.

Whats up with that? Just Cause 2 is a worthy game even today and the Just Cause series is completely unique in its gameplay which is alot of fun.

Why would anyone be hyped for such a bad game? 2 was absolute terrible and even the kids i know who are all into the zero sense mayhem only played it for a bit then went onto something else.

Not to mention that most got it on sale long after release for almost nothing.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ariabed

@Jacanuk: just cause2 is a must have game or at least a must try game, there is literally no other game with that style of gameplay. Tethering a guy to a gas cylinder and shooting it then watching as your victim shoots up into the sky never gets old, and thats just for starters.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MarcRecon

@ariabed said:

@Jacanuk: just cause2 is a must have game or at least a must try game, there is literally no other game with that style of gameplay. Tethering a guy to a gas cylinder and shooting it then watching as your victim shoots up into the sky never gets old, and thats just for starters.

lol....I know man, even GTA can't rival some of the anarchy in JC2.....it's insane!!!!

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ariabed

@MarcRecon said:

@ariabed said:

lol....I know man, even GTA can't rival some of the anarchy in JC2.....it's insane!!!!

Which is exactly why i'm hyped for this game. I dont need to watch any trailers, i just know its gonna be really good.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Shouldn't they be working on Mad Max instead ?

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MarcRecon

@ariabed said:

@MarcRecon said:

@ariabed said:

Which is exactly why i'm hyped for this game. I dont need to watch any trailers, i just know its gonna be really good.

Even though I'm excited, that's where I'm gonna have to disagree with you! I need some gameplay to get me SUPER excited!

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

I'm excited for it

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

i love just cause 2 its underrated game and i buy just cause 3 day one but not hyped also i have high hopes for mad max

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jacanuk

@ariabed said:

Hmm, thats all good , but i require story and actual purpose to keep me entertained and playing a game. And what you say has zero story or purpose other than to fuel your own need for anarchy.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#21 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I am. I loved Just Cause 2 once I got into it. It's one of the most ridiculous games I've played, in a good way. I felt the sheer size of the world and the variety within it was rather impressive, so I'm hoping Just Cause 2 will be similar in that regard and its open world gameplay will be better than ever.

I probably commented in your topic you're referring to and failed to mention this game. I suppose I kind of forget about it sometimes since we haven't seen or heard a whole lot about it yet. I don't even know if it's supposed to come out this year, but I doubt it given the lack of footage/information.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Can you really blame gamers for not getting hyped for games anymore. Every time we get hyped for something we get let down. There is just no point anymore.

dethtrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dethtrain
Member since 2004 • 570 Posts

2 was somewhat enjoyable. I have it for the PC and I was getting hard locks occasionally which turned me off. I never finished it. Seemed like it was filled with things to do though.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MarcRecon

@Jacanuk said:

@ariabed said:

Hmm, thats all good , but i require story and actual purpose to keep me entertained and playing a game. And what you say has zero story or purpose other than to fuel your own need for anarchy.

JC does have a decent story behind it and it's not just tacked on either! There's a justification behind all the madness.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ariabed

@Jacanuk said:

@ariabed said:

"And what you say has zero story or purpose other than to fuel your own need for anarchy"

You what!?

So you play video games for a story, you "require" a story to keep you entertained in a video game, i watch movies to get a story, i read books for a story, i play video games for fun challenging exciting gameplay thats what keeps me entertained when playing video games, if i get a good story with that then all the better.

Did you enjoy Darksouls? Not much story going on there hey? But yet still a very entertaining game. Funny that.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

@Minishdriveby said:

I'll just stick with 2.

My thoughts exactly with Mass Effect, even though the trilogy overall had a great story.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jacanuk

@ariabed said:

@Jacanuk said:

@ariabed said:

"And what you say has zero story or purpose other than to fuel your own need for anarchy"

You what!?

So you play video games for a story, you "require" a story to keep you entertained in a video game, i watch movies to get a story, i read books for a story, i play video games for fun challenging exciting gameplay thats what keeps me entertained when playing video games, if i get a good story with that then all the better.

Did you enjoy Darksouls? Not much story going on there hey? But yet still a very entertaining game. Funny that.

Yes, i do play games for the story and the immersion? i am not into mindless no purpose gameplay that do nothing. But are you really claiming that you cannot play games for the story alone? because that is a narrow minded immature idea that is just laughable stupid.

Also no i didn't enjoy dark souls , its a overrated crap that do have a cult following but it does not change the fact that it is a crap game.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jacanuk

@MarcRecon said:

@Jacanuk said:

@ariabed said:

JC does have a decent story behind it and it's not just tacked on either! There's a justification behind all the madness.

It does? where was that story because i sure didn´t find anything at all.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ariabed

@Jacanuk said:

@ariabed said:

@Jacanuk said:

@ariabed said:

You what!?

Yes, i do play games for the story and the immersion? i am not into mindless no purpose gameplay that do nothing. But are you really claiming that you cannot play games for the story alone? because that is a narrow minded immature idea that is just laughable stupid.

Also no i didn't enjoy dark souls , its a overrated crap that do have a cult following but it does not change the fact that it is a crap game.

you sound like you're no fun at all.

If a game has amazing story but shit gameplay then I'm out, if a game has poor story but amazing gameplay then i can overlook the poor story.

Its not always that you get a good balance of story and gameplay in a game.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jacanuk

@ariabed said:

@Jacanuk said:

@ariabed said:

@Jacanuk said:

@ariabed said:

You what!?

If a game has amazing story but shit gameplay then I'm out, if a game has poor story but amazing gameplay then i can overlook the poor story.

I am reverse here, i can overlook terrible gameplay if the story is captivating.

And you are right its rare that you get a combination, developers tend to either favor gameplay/multiplayer and not story and opposite.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Ariabed

@Jacanuk said:

@ariabed said:

@Jacanuk said:

@ariabed said:

@Jacanuk said:

@ariabed said:

You what!?

I am reverse here, i can overlook terrible gameplay if the story is captivating.

And you are right its rare that you get a combination, developers tend to either favor gameplay/multiplayer and not story and opposite.

I must admit i have tolerated poor gameplay for good story, Alpha Protocol comes to mind. Still i didn't end up finishing it.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

Apparently typing the word "for" in the subject required too much effort. But posting this thread did not.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Doesn't interest me much. I got bored with JC 2 pretty quick after all the novelties and stunt stuff wore off.