Nintendo Direct! Sonic Lost World exclusive to Wii U.

• 99 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

New Nintendo Direct tomorrow!!!

Last ND we got a direct sequel to one of the greatest games ever made. This time probably nothing remotely close to as earth shattering. Nintendo says it will only focus on what is coming out this summer. So its probably all stuff we know of which is lots of Pikmin, Wonderful 101 , wario and Luigi expansion.

#2 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

lol been an hour and no replies.

no one cares. :lol: 

#3 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

S0lidSnake
:lol:
#4 Posted by alexwatchtower (1561 posts) -

]

S0lidSnake

Boy things have changed around here. Heck I guess what do they expect when they turned their back on the core gamer. They lost me with their initial stance of online gaming plus Celda and the GC controller. Been dowhnhill ever since.

I'm still interested in at least seeing what they have to offer though. What's everyone...err dvader, expecting? ;) What are they showing dvader?

#5 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

][QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

alexwatchtower

Boy things have changed around here. Heck I guess what do they expect when they turned their back on the core gamer. They lost me with their initial stance of online gaming plus Celda and the GC controller. Been dowhnhill ever since.

I'm still interested in at least seeing what they have to offer though. What's everyone...err dvader, expecting? ;) What are they showing dvader?

This is a summer show so its just going to be what I mentioned in the OT. This will be a crappy show unless they have a surprise.
#6 Posted by c_rakestraw (14800 posts) -

Hard to care when E3 is less than a month away. Then we'll have the real Nintendo Direct event.

#7 Posted by alexwatchtower (1561 posts) -

This is a summer show so its just going to be what I mentioned in the OT. This will be a crappy show unless they have a surprise. dvader654

Ah, gothca. Hey, maybe there's a surprise price drop.

#8 Posted by scoots9 (3267 posts) -

I'm still interested in at least seeing what they have to offer though. What's everyone...err dvader, expecting? wink.gif What are they showing dvader?

alexwatchtower

Woah, it's been a long time since I've heard that term.

#9 Posted by RandoIphF (271 posts) -
No price cut announcement = not a f*ck given. They have games I will want to play, but I don't want to get mugged to get to them.
#10 Posted by alexwatchtower (1561 posts) -

[QUOTE="alexwatchtower"]

I'm still interested in at least seeing what they have to offer though. What's everyone...err dvader, expecting? wink.gif What are they showing dvader?

scoots9

Woah, it's been a long time since I've heard that term.

They cut me deep with that one. I will never forget. That was the day I officially felt betrayed and that they stopped caring about gamers like me. The vision that they gave me with Zelda 64 and N64 games in general and then after years of waiting they pulled a 180. Despite actually being a N64-only gamer at one point, and hanging in there for a couple of years waiting, as the games dried up, going into rental stores, day after day, not seeing anything on the shelves except for Mischief Makers for months....grrr....they drove me to actually spend $699 on a Japanese Dreamcast. I couldn't take the waiting periods anymore. And then...Celda. They dropped a nuclear bomb on me.

#11 Posted by RandoIphF (271 posts) -
I liked Wind Waker's visuals. It was like invisible little tendrils of win and yes were coming out of the screen and stroking my eyeballs.
#12 Posted by alexwatchtower (1561 posts) -

I liked Wind Waker's visuals. It was like invisible little tendrils of win and yes were coming out of the screen and stroking my eyeballs.RandoIphF

I played it for 2 hours, while grunting the entire time and I think I did end up nauseous by the end of it. I think I may have cried. Don't remember for sure. If there was a kitty near me, I would have strangled it at that time ;)

#13 Posted by RandoIphF (271 posts) -

[QUOTE="RandoIphF"]I liked Wind Waker's visuals. It was like invisible little tendrils of win and yes were coming out of the screen and stroking my eyeballs.alexwatchtower

I played it for 2 hours, while grunting the entire time and I think I did end up nauseous by the end of it. I think I may have cried. Don't remember for sure. If there was a kitty near me, I would have strangled it at that time ;)

Well I was only fond of the visuals, the game itself was shit.
#14 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
Wind Waker is excellent, and the best looking Zelda ever. I cannot wait for the HD version.
#15 Posted by alexwatchtower (1561 posts) -

Wind Waker is excellent, and the best looking Zelda ever. I cannot wait for the HD version.dvader654

Uh huh....I see your avatar.

#16 Posted by RandoIphF (271 posts) -
Wind Waker is excellent, and the best looking Zelda ever. I cannot wait for the HD version.dvader654
In terms of visuals it's still the best, yep, though Skyward Sword came close. Skyward Sword was also the only Zelda game I've actually played to completion since LttP. (I couldn't even bother finishing OoT)
#17 Posted by RandoIphF (271 posts) -

[QUOTE="dvader654"]Wind Waker is excellent, and the best looking Zelda ever. I cannot wait for the HD version.alexwatchtower

Actually, that's been bugging me for years. Dvader, for as long as you have been here you have had that same blurry low res avatar. Why don't you at least get a less crappy version of the same one bro? Hell, I'll help you go find one, if you just use it. ;)
#18 Posted by alexwatchtower (1561 posts) -

Here...

celda.png

Put your money where your mouth is ;)

PS: Just know everytime I will read one of your posts and look over to the side, it will be with complete hatred and disgust. YOU and people like YOU are to blame!

#19 Posted by Pedro (21550 posts) -

I found Wind Waker's visuals to be quite appealing. I did not get the hate it recieved for the style choice.

#20 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
[QUOTE="alexwatchtower"]

[QUOTE="dvader654"]Wind Waker is excellent, and the best looking Zelda ever. I cannot wait for the HD version.RandoIphF

Actually, that's been bugging me for years. Dvader, for as long as you have been here you have had that same blurry low res avatar. Why don't you at least get a less crappy version of the same one bro? Hell, I'll help you go find one, if you just use it. ;)

Yes please.
#21 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

[QUOTE="dvader654"]Wind Waker is excellent, and the best looking Zelda ever. I cannot wait for the HD version.alexwatchtower

And... oh no now I cant talk about Zelda games. Listen to yourself, the look of a game prevented you from playing it, come on.
#22 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

Here...

celda.png

PS: Just know everytime I will read one of your posts and look over to the side, it will be with complete hatred and disgust. YOU and people like YOU are to blame!

alexwatchtower
I dont like it that much. :P I said its the most beautiful game to look at. I don't particularly like the art style though.
#23 Posted by alexwatchtower (1561 posts) -

[QUOTE="alexwatchtower"]

Here...

celda.png

dvader654

I dont like it that much. :P I said its the most beautiful game to look at. I don't particularly like the art style though.

Isn't that contradicting yourself? No matter, if you understand that, then you should understand why I hate it all to hell. I hate Paper Mario too!

This game is what started it all, imo. It was this game, when half the world hated Nintendo for it, the other half defended it instead of boycotting the freaking thing. When they saw you all buy it and love it, that's what opened their eyes to the fact they no longer had to compete on the hardware end and they could go ahead and molest their IP's any way they wanted. That they could package anything with their IP and Nintendo name on it, and most people would buy it. Well not me. I drew the line right there.

#24 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

[QUOTE="dvader654"][QUOTE="alexwatchtower"]

Here...

alexwatchtower

Isn't that contradicting yourself? No matter, if you understand that, then you should understand why I hate it all to hell. I hate Paper Mario too!

This game is what started it all, imo. It was this game, when half the world hated Nintendo for it, the other half defended it instead of boycotting the freaking thing. When they saw you all buy it and love it, that's what opened their eyes to the fact they no longer had to compete on the hardware end and they could go ahead and molest their IP's any way they wanted. That they could package anything with their IP and Nintendo name on it, and most people would buy it. Well not me. I drew the line right there.

No, I can see something as beautiful but not like the art style. The way Link was drawn I didn't care for but the way that animation looked in a game world was STUNNING. 

Again listen to yourself. Boycot a game cause you don't like the artstyle? Really? You are  equating the quality of an entire franchise, hell their entire philosphy on making games based on YOU not liking an art style. How is that not crazy.

#25 Posted by alexwatchtower (1561 posts) -

No, I can see something as beautiful but not like the art style. The way Link was drawn I didn't care for but the way that animation looked in a game world was STUNNING. 

Again listen to yourself. Boycot a game cause you don't like the artstyle? Really? You are  equating the quality of an entire franchise, hell their entire philosphy on making games based on YOU not liking an art style. How is that not crazy.

dvader654

Don't try to change my mind. It wasn't Zelda. I didn't like the art style. I didn't like the atmosphere. It didn't wow me. And no of course I'm not equating the entire Zelda franchise to Celda. That's properstorous. Celda just simply isn't Zelda as far as I'm concerned. But no, I didn't at all agree with their philosophy. If you do that's fine, but that change didn't work for me.

#26 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

[QUOTE="dvader654"]

alexwatchtower

Don't try to change my mind. It wasn't Zelda. I didn't like the art style. I didn't like the atmosphere. It didn't wow me. And no of course I'm not equating the entire Zelda franchise to Celda. That's properstorous. Celda just simply isn't Zelda as far as I'm concerned. But no, I didn't at all agree with their philosophy. If you do that's fine, but that change didn't work for me.

You are entitled to your opinion. I am just hoping to open your eyes a bit. If you let simple (IMO the artstyle is rather insignificant in the grand scheme of things) things bother you that much you will miss out on some really great games. 

#27 Posted by GodModeEnabled (15314 posts) -
Maybe Nintendo will "direct" us to the games that are going to save the Wii U trolololololololol
#28 Posted by CecilChups (205 posts) -

I thought windwaker was a great game. This is coming from someone that's played Zelda since the original. The look and aesthetics were quite pleasing to look at actually.

#29 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34367 posts) -

I thought windwaker was a great game. This is coming from someone that's played Zelda since the original. The look and aesthetics were quite pleasing to look at actually.

CecilChups

Wind Waker was very good and all although it was probably one of my least favorite 3D Zelda games. Nothing against the art style either, just found the dungeons to be not as good as other Zelda games, and while the sailing could be neat, it was also more monotanous at times.

#30 Posted by SupremeAC (7521 posts) -
[QUOTE="dvader654"]Wind Waker is excellent, and the best looking Zelda ever. I cannot wait for the HD version.RandoIphF
In terms of visuals it's still the best, yep, though Skyward Sword came close. Skyward Sword was also the only Zelda game I've actually played to completion since LttP. (I couldn't even bother finishing OoT)

Skyward Sword was the game that made me wish Nintendo had made the Wii more powerfull. It was so clear that if they had more power, the game would have looked absolutely fabulous. Some of the cutscenes did surpass WindWaker in terms of style and beauty. Sadly enough the actual bits you played looked nothing like those cutscenes. The art for the game was mostly marvelous, but it was translated poorly to the game solely by lack of raw power. Also, I'm looking forward to ANYTHING that will give us clear information on when exactly we will be seeing any worthwile games, but alas, I'm away for the weekend, so I'll have to watch it Sunday night.
#31 Posted by SupremeAC (7521 posts) -
Wind Waker was very good and all although it was probably one of my least favorite 3D Zelda games. Nothing against the art style either, just found the dungeons to be not as good as other Zelda games, and while the sailing could be neat, it was also more monotanous at times.DJ-Lafleur
I'm one of the few who liked the sailing. It added to a sense of scale and grandeur. Was it monotonous, well yes. Have you ever actually sailed somewhere? If you're going to cover some distance, it will be monotonous. The only reason it was so in WW was because they put so much space between the islands. Riding Epona in OoT or even TP was far more boring then the sailing in WW, the difference being that everything was just put so much closer together in those games.
#32 Posted by Shame-usBlackley (18266 posts) -

I liked Wind Waker's visuals. It was like invisible little tendrils of win and yes were coming out of the screen and stroking my eyeballs.RandoIphF

Totally agreed. Of all the problems Wind Waker had (and it had many), aesthetics was not one of them. I loved the look, hell I still think the storms look jawdropping.

#33 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

[QUOTE="alexwatchtower"]

He's going to upgrade when Nintendo does. Sadly Nintendo has been stuck in the past producing subHD titles for the past 20 years. 

#34 Posted by SupremeAC (7521 posts) -

Bugger.  I just checked the nintendo direct site and it says it'll start in half an hour.  Exactly when I'm leaving for the weekend.  :(

#35 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

Bugger.  I just checked the nintendo direct site and it says it'll start in half an hour.  Exactly when I'm leaving for the weekend.  :(

SupremeAC
I'll be on a plane, but it won't take off till 10:30 so I should see it all. That said I will need someone to update the thread with the news if possible.
#36 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
Here we go!
#37 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
SONIC is exclusive to wii u?!?!?? New sonic game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#38 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

SONIC is exclusive to wii u?!?!?? New sonic game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!dvader654

Isnt that the fifth one this year?

#39 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

[QUOTE="dvader654"]SONIC is exclusive to wii u?!?!?? New sonic game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!S0lidSnake

Isnt that the fifth one this year?

fifth what? There hasn't been a sonic game in two years.
#40 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

lol it seems Nintendo Direct has caused the gaf server to crash.

There is still interest in the Wii U. it will be alright. :P

#41 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

SONIC is exclusive to wii u?!?!?? New sonic game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!dvader654

I'm not surprised. Nintendo fans seem to be the only people in the world with a soft spot for Sonic, in all his many forms.

ShadowTheHedgehogWallpaper800.jpg

#42 Posted by SciFiCat (1750 posts) -

[QUOTE="dvader654"]SONIC is exclusive to wii u?!?!?? New sonic game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CarnageHeart

I'm not surprised. Nintendo fans seem to be the only people in the world with a soft spot for Sonic, in all his many forms.

OMG! Shadow The Hedgehog memories, IT BURNS!!! D: Ok let me put it this way: if the new exclusive Sonic game for WiiU is being developed by Sega, then it really doesn't do much to excite me. If the new Sonic game were developed WITH the help and direct input of Nintendo, then that would make me interested.
#43 Posted by Buckhannah (634 posts) -
No price cut news, and the game drought essentially continues clear through the fall. (potentially at the current inflated price) The games are just spread too far out.
#44 Posted by scoots9 (3267 posts) -

[QUOTE="dvader654"]SONIC is exclusive to wii u?!?!?? New sonic game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CarnageHeart

You didn't play Generations, did you?

#45 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

[QUOTE="CarnageHeart"]

[QUOTE="dvader654"]SONIC is exclusive to wii u?!?!?? New sonic game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!scoots9

You didn't play Generations, did you?

I didn't say all Sonic games suck (okay, a lot of them do) just that Nintendo fans seem to be the only ones interested in Sonic nowadays.

As for Generations, I tried the demo and didn't fall in love with it like I did the old 2D Sonics (never cared for the 3D games), though I would need to play it again to go into specifics.

#46 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
Sonic Generations sold extremely well and it was not on a Nintendo home console. That said this is exactly what Nintendo needs to do, get Japanese exclusives. Make the wii u the place to be for the best Japanese gaming. I am sure Sega has a different sonic game in the works for the other consoles, lost world hopefully is as good as colors.
#47 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
Yakuza 1 and 2 is coming to the Wii U shop, interesting... Get Yakuza 5 on Wii U.
#48 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
Oh damn Nintendo will be publishing the next three sonic games outside Japan. Why not let Nintendo make sonic? Make a real Mario an sonic game. We know of two games, there is still one more to be announced in the future.
#49 Posted by SciFiCat (1750 posts) -
Oh damn Nintendo will be publishing the next three sonic games outside Japan. Why not let Nintendo make sonic? Make a real Mario an sonic game. We know of two games, there is still one more to be announced in the future.dvader654
It is certain that Nintendo will announce some big exclusive during E3, a Nintendo developed Sonic game would certainly raise a lot of interest. They have been toying around with the Olympic theme games for so long that seeing those characters interact with one another is now common, so why not make a proper game about it?
#50 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
At E3, trailer starts, Retro games presents... SHENMUE 3!!! The gaming world explodes.