Nintendo Direct: NEW ZELDA ALTTP 3DS SEQUEL!!!! 3DS Yoshi's Island!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

Dream come true.

EDIT: I dont get this site, there should be a youtube embedded, its in the preview post.

#2 Posted by Phantom_Leo (7087 posts) -

Brave2.jpg

Should be in Topic title!

earthbound.png

________

#3 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22619 posts) -

guys, the trailers up on the eshop. The 3d in this game looks awesome :shock:

#4 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -

WiiU really needs some huge announcements at E3.

Gemini_Red

This is probably why they're focusing on the 3DS so much now: they're saving all their major Wii-U stuff for E3.

Also, I'm a bit curious about Earthbound. One of the major reasons they never released the VC version outside of Japan until now was because of all the "borrowed" copyrighted material. Either NoA's legal team no longer cares, or they're probably tweaking parts of the game to make it more lawsuit-resistant. Guess we'll have to wait until the game goes up first.

#5 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

I AM GOING TO FAINT!! THIS JUST HAPPENED!!!

A brand new Zelda game, done in the style of ALTTP is coming to 3DS later this year!!!!!!

Yoshi's Island 3DS also announced!

Other news includes new Mario Party for 3DS

Earthbound coming to VC later this year.

New flying Pikmin shown for Pikmin 3, coming whenever they feel like it.

Wii U update details.

Summary from gaf:

23:00 The presentation has begun. Iwata is flanked by the Mario Bros. mascots.
23:01 Mario & Luigi RPG 4 now. The game starts in a resort. Peach is taken into a dream. Mario goes back and forth between the real and dream worlds to rescue Peach.
23:03 Katamari Luigi becomes a weapon. 7/18, 4800 yen. Package, DL.
23:04 Luigi-themed 3DS LL, marked with The Year of Luigi. Sold w/ Mario & Luigi RPG 4.
23:05 Mario Golf: World Tour now. Internet: real-time play, leaderboards, community.
23:06 Local play also supported. Summer 2013, package, DL.
23:07 Seven maps in Mario Party 3DS. Boost past others in rockets, hide in caves.
23:08 81 different types of mini-games to play. Action, puzzle, etc. Winter 2013, package, DL.
23:09 New Super Luigi U has 82 new courses on the same world map. Luigi jump is back.
23:10 The courses are shorter, but more difficult. June 2013.
23:12 DKCR 3D now. Side-scrolling, into and out of BGs. New mode: more life, continues.
23:13 Original mode uses the same game rules as the Wii ver. Local co-op play. DKCR 6/13, 4800 yen.
23:14 Yoshi's Island 3DS now. Yoshi's Island 3DS is a new game that reproduces the gameplay of the original. More info later.
23:15 Mario vs. DK: Mini-Mini Carnival 3DS eShop software. Wind up Minis on puzzles.
23:16 Over 180 stages incl. Download custom user stages. 4 types of mini-games. Summer 2013.
23:17 Third-party titles next. Goodbye Umihara Kawase now. Follow-up to SFC platformer.
23:19 Play as several different characters. Online leaderboards for each course. Goodbye Umihara Kawase 6/20, 4980 yen.
23:21 Digimon World: Re-Digitize Decode now. Digimon World 6/27, 5480 yen. Trailer to be posted.
23:23 Earthbound to Wii U VC in North America this year! Iwata acknowledges fan campaign on Miiverse. Release date TBA.
23:25 Youkai Watch introduced, coming 7/11. Lots of other dates announced.
23:26 Wii U system update coming next week. Fast loads, install software while playing.
23:27 Speed into Wii mode with B. Install while off. Wii U Virtual Console will launch shortly after the update and will feature Ice Climber, Excitebike, Xevious, River City Ransom, Super Mario World, Mario's Super Picross, F-Zero, Fire Emblem, Super Ghosts, Solomon's Key, Mega Man 3, Kirby Super Super Deluxe. Panorama View to arrive at the same time.
23:29 Pokemon Scramble U uses NFC figures.
23:31 First set of 6 figures in Pokemon Centers 7/24. Game 4/24, 1800 yen. DL card.
23:31 Pikmin 3 now. New Pikmin type: pink flying Winged Pikmin! Bravely Default 3DS confirmed for North America!
23:32 Pikmin 3, 7/13, 5985 yen, package, DL.
23:34 The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past II for 3DS! All dungeons and puzzles are now. Become a wall drawing to crawl across ledges.
23:35 LTTP II 3DS coming early 2014, 3D trailer on eShop. The presentation is now over.

#6 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

Watch video here http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/04-17-2013/

The support for the 3DS is beyond incredible, its on its way to becoming the handheld with the best library ever. Sad the Wii U is being ignored.

#7 Posted by SupremeAC (7521 posts) -

Well, seems I'll be owning a 3DS by the end of the year.  They're just making it too damn hard to resist.

As for the WiiU: no Pikmin for another 3 months?  :evil:  This is no mere launch window, this is a launch curtain wall Nintendo!  Hopefully Nintendo will announce some actual good games for the WiiU at E3, because we're half a year in, and it's still slim pickings.

I'll watch the video later when I'm at home and put up some more comments then.

#8 Posted by Phantom_Leo (7087 posts) -

Thanks for posting the transcript. I am positive Wii U will be getting a similar amount of love 'round the time of E3.

New Metroid Wii U FTW!!

:)

#9 Posted by SupremeAC (7521 posts) -
New Metroid Wii U FTW!!

:)

Phantom_Leo
Boo to that! We only just had 3 of those! Bring us F-Zero, Waverace and 1080! (but not something like the crap 1080 Avelanche)
#10 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

Amazing what Nintendo's doing with these Direct events and the 3DS. If only Sony could support the Vita like this. It had a great first year, but nothing's come out so far with only KZ on the horizon.

#11 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22619 posts) -
HOREY SHET 3DS is killing it this year
#12 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
 This is relevant. I was hit by an unexpected train this morning, but, I loved it.
#13 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

Yup that is how I feel with my 3DS.

#14 Posted by Articuno76 (19064 posts) -
Nice! Now just release firmware that removes the daft region encoding and I am sold.
#15 Posted by Metamania (12025 posts) -

Wow. I never believed it possible. My favorite Zelda game of all time, LTTP, getting a sequel.

This may be what I need to drop the money for a 3DS. Holy mackerol.

#16 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22619 posts) -

ALTTP is my favorite Zelda and remains one of the very best games ever made.

And the sequel looks amazing.

However, the Wii U needs this kind of game far more than the 3DS. If Nintendo was smart, they'd make this game available on both platforms with off-TV gamepad support.

Grammaton-Cleric

this game really seems to be putting the 3d to good use with it's puzzles so i don't see that happening

#17 Posted by turtlethetaffer (17198 posts) -

Damn... Both those games look gorgeous... Glad I'm getting a 3DS this year :)  hopefully Bravely default and Dragon Quest VII also get a US release.

#18 Posted by inter_911 (509 posts) -

Nintendo is doing it right with the 3DS .. awesome list and looking forward to most of them

but its time for Nintendo to show the Wii U some love thought ..

and btw .. i really wanna see some new franchises from Nintendo, too many marios and zelda games

#19 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

guys, the trailers up on the eshop. The 3d in this game looks awesome :shock:

Shinobishyguy
Yup it's incredible!
#20 Posted by JustPlainLucas (74902 posts) -

and btw .. i really wanna see some new franchises from Nintendo, too many marios and zelda games

inter_911
Which is why I'm not quite excited about this.
#21 Posted by GT90 (6256 posts) -

3DS is getting a lot of love. I can only hope the Nintendo will decide to show some of that love to Wii U soon.

#22 Posted by Renegade_Fury (17550 posts) -

I couldn't care less about another terrible Yoshi game, but ALttP 2 has gotten my interest. I'm not digging the polygon look, but I can get over it if the rest of the game is up to snuff.

#23 Posted by Minishdriveby (10446 posts) -

I couldn't care less about another terrible Yoshi game, but ALttP 2 has gotten my interest. I'm not digging the polygon look, but I can get over it if the rest of the game is up to snuff.

Renegade_Fury
I have the same sentiments about the 3D character models.
#24 Posted by hyperjj3000 (974 posts) -
I am very impressed by the sheer amount of games nintendo showed in just over half an hour, just take all my money nintendo why dont you!
#25 Posted by Renegade_Fury (17550 posts) -

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

Minishdriveby

I have the same sentiments about the 3D character models.

Yeah, I guess sprites just don't sell anymore. I understand that they wouldn't have worked with the 3D gimmick, but I'd easily sacrifice that for an overall better looking game.

#26 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34315 posts) -

very exciting news indeed, though I have to be somewhat skeptical since the last couple handheld Zeldas and Yoshi's Island on DS we got were mediocre. Hopefully the new Zelda and Yoshi's Island will be much better.

#27 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19102 posts) -
That new Zelda looks pretty slick.
#28 Posted by Gemini_Red (3290 posts) -

The 3DS side of me is dancing.  The WiiU side?  Impatiently tapping my foot.

Still waiting for Pikmin 3, nothing on 101, nothing on Bayonetta 2, and pretty much zilch on new game announcements.  The only thing that really excited me on the WiiU end is the Earthbound announcement.  Yeah, a game that was released almost 20 years ago was the highlight of the WiiU for me and if it wasn't for the fact that I lost my original copy in a house fire in 98 that wouldn't even be the case.

WiiU really needs some huge announcements at E3.

#29 Posted by Namgis (3592 posts) -

3DS is getting a lot of love. I can only hope the Nintendo will decide to show some of that love to Wii U soon.

GT90

My thoughts as well. Great news for 3DS owners and fence sitters(like me), but isn't this alienating the new home console adopters a little? I hope Zelda HD shows as much promise.

Zelda looks ridiculous! I might have to pick up the hand held.

dvader654

#30 Posted by Archangel3371 (16196 posts) -
Awesome news. Zelda ALttP is a huge favourite of mine so I'm definitely onboard for a sequel. Totally loved Yoshi's Island so playing it on the 3DS sounds very cool. Also loved Earthbound and it's about freaking time it hit the VC. Will get. Great news all around for the 3DS. Thank you Nintendo. :D
#31 Posted by gameboy343 (1024 posts) -

why can't we have this much great new's for the wii u.

#32 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19102 posts) -
So, did they say anything about how this new Zelda relates to the prequel? Any plot details?
#33 Posted by Grammaton-Cleric (7513 posts) -

However, the Wii U needs this kind of game far more than the 3DS. If Nintendo was smart, they'd make this game available on both platforms with off-TV gamepad support.

#34 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
BTW pikmin 3 confirmed for August. Which is embarrassing, that's 9 months after the system hits. Nintendo's second big title for the console, 9 months later.
#35 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22619 posts) -
BTW pikmin 3 confirmed for August. Which is embarrassing, that's 9 months after the system hits. Nintendo's second big title for the console, 9 months later.dvader654
it better be friggin amazing after all of these delays
#36 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

Sequel city, is this all the industry has to offer?GodModeEnabled
Go away. Zelda ALTTP2 will be better than whatever one or two new games that come out this year. :P

#37 Posted by JustPlainLucas (74902 posts) -

Renegade_Fury
YOU TAKE THAT BACK YOU DIRTY FILTHY WHORE! (kidding)
#38 Posted by lloveLamp (2891 posts) -
LTTP looks turrible... i really hope this isn't the "big" zelda game for the 3ds
#39 Posted by Grammaton-Cleric (7513 posts) -

BTW pikmin 3 confirmed for August. Which is embarrassing, that's 9 months after the system hits. Nintendo's second big title for the console, 9 months later.dvader654

Nothing against Pikimin but the fact that Pikimin 3 is considered such an important title speaks volumes regarding the current and abysmal state of the Wii U's software lineup.

#40 Posted by Grammaton-Cleric (7513 posts) -

[QUOTE="Grammaton-Cleric"]

Shinobishyguy

this game really seems to be putting the 3d to good use with it's puzzles so i don't see that happening

I doubt it will happen but my point is that the Wii U needs software that will generate this level of hype and interest from people like me.

A handful of direct sequels to some venerated classics would make me seriously consider nabbing a console, which at this moment has nothing of interest in terms of software.

#41 Posted by Game_Guy567 (3427 posts) -

Can't wait for Zelda, ALTTP was my favourite. plus I've been hoping for Bravely Default to come to Canada for a while!

#42 Posted by mariokart64fan (19699 posts) -

Watch video here http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/04-17-2013/

The support for the 3DS is beyond incredible, its on its way to becoming the handheld with the best library ever. Sad the Wii U is being ignored.

dvader654

um nintendo already did a nintendo direct strictly on wiiu before ,   

these were anounced

the legend of zelda windwaker hd 

the legend of zelda hd

yarn yoshi

wii party 2

fire eblem x

monloiths new game -  looks like a sequal to the game that was just released on wii not so long ago -   ugh i cant remember the name of it ,    but ya

it also highlited already known games like pikmin 3 game and wario nsml dlc,       they also announced mariokart and ssb as well as new 3d mario game that will be shown at e3 , ,  

so its far from being ignored by nintendo its just been slow,  

thankfully nfs mw u and walking dead are holdin me over      as well as frequent eshop titles , 

#43 Posted by Jbul (4835 posts) -

Just wow, Nintendo.  The 3DS is already having a landmark year and this just blows the doors off the place.   I still gotta finish Luigi's Mansion (which is great), and pick up Fire Emblem.   3DS is doing so well that I can't even keep up with the games.

#44 Posted by Phantom_Leo (7087 posts) -

original.png

Wowzers!

#45 Posted by killerband55 (107961 posts) -

i'm so buying that Zelda game

as for the Yoshi's Island game, is this the game Yoshi's Island game for the SNES but in 3D, or is it a brand new game altogether? (the egg thing wasn't the same though)

#46 Posted by GT90 (6256 posts) -

as for the Yoshi's Island game, is this the game Yoshi's Island game for the SNES but in 3D, or is it a brand new game altogether? (the egg thing wasn't the same though)

killerband55

It's Yoshi's Island 3, so brand new game in the series.

#47 Posted by GodModeEnabled (15314 posts) -
Sequel city, is this all the industry has to offer?
#48 Posted by killerband55 (107961 posts) -

[QUOTE="killerband55"]

GT90

then i only have 1 thing to say:

#49 Posted by Game_Guy567 (3427 posts) -

[QUOTE="GT90"]

[QUOTE="killerband55"]

killerband55

then i only have 1 thing to say:

#50 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

Reggie says the 3DS sold 8 million units in the US. A million more than the DS in the same time frame. 

So much for handheld gaming being in trouble.