Next Total War? Rome 2 or Medieval 3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Enfield13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Enfield13
Member since 2005 • 988 Posts

I personally have never played the original Rome but I have bought every TW game since Medieval2 and would love for a reboot of rome similar to Shogun2 or perhaps even going back to the Medieval times with updated gameplay similar to Shogun2.

pspencerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 pspencerva
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Would love a remake of Rome. It was my favorite of the whole series. The way it looks though ,with fall of the samurai, I think we're gonna get a Civil War version.
mwass99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mwass99
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I would love to see Total War take on the American Civil War. The similar strategy and tactics used in Napoleon Total War could easily be incorporated into this time period. Not to mention the myriad of historical battles that could be recreated.

daredevil313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 daredevil313
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I would really like a Medieval 3 and Rome 2 will be even better, but i don't know about a civil war theme because there will be no variety of factions it'll be only just two. But i really would like a WWII theme; something like a combination of the total war over all strategy and a Company of Heroes battles and game play

superartbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 superartbox
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Rome 2! A painting fan: www.superartbox.com
RavenXavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RavenXavier
Member since 2005 • 405 Posts

Actually, (and I know this isn't a popular opinion) I'd rather see a TW take on WW2. "War Leaders:Clash of Nations" came close to what a TW:WW2 game could be like, so imagine that only with more depth and I think it would be the most awesome TW game to date. Given the choice between a Rome2 and a Med3 however, since Med2 came out not that long ago and got a great graphics boost over the original, I think they'd be more inclined to do Rome2.

cydexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cydexx
Member since 2009 • 33 Posts

medieval 3...

Gejmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gejmer
Member since 2005 • 44 Posts

I would love Medieval 3 but that is one game they will not make 100% and here is why:

Third paragraph from the bottom of the article

"We've basically got a list of pretty much everything that anyone could imagine on it," he says of plans for forthcoming Total War games. "We have constant arguments about not what we should do but the order in which we should do them. There are so many options and I don't think we're going to run out of ideas. I think it'll be a long time until we do anything with a three in it."

costahd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 costahd
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
i hope will see soon a modern warfare Total War or World War 2
Rousie14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Rousie14
Member since 2012 • 58 Posts

I would very much like to see Rome II.

Tazzman1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Tazzman1000
Member since 2012 • 638 Posts
Rome 2. There's just so much history and warfare in that era that could be covered. Wouldn't mind seeing a total war game based on the ancient civilisations (Egypt, Babylon, etc) or an American civil war total war game though. I don't think the modern theme would really suit the style of the total warfare games, modern is more smaller squads fighting it out rather then the huge armies fighting which feature in all total war games.
BFEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BFEL

I would like to see Rome 2, but then seeing how I've hated every TW game since Rome im honestly hoping they avoid it so that Romes name stays untarnished by buggy units and ugh Steam....

jccgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jccgold
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Rome 2 for here too. Roman history is millenar and way sub-explored.

greasemonkey42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 3

#14 greasemonkey42
Member since 2004 • 2999 Posts

THIS JUST IN EVERYBODY:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-30-exclusive-total-war-announcement-at-rezzed

Looks like we'll be getting an announcement soon! July 6th at Rezzed, unless they somehow decide to reveal at E3, which the article would indicate they will not due to it being described as 'exclusive'.

I would actually bet money on it being Rome 2. They wouldn't go Medieval 3 without going back to Rome first. I would doubt they would go into China just yet, and I don't think they have the willpower/tech to quite pull off something completely left-field like Fantasy: Total War or something.

The original Rome was actually the game the brought me to GameSpot in the first place. It has been a long time since then. The time is nigh...

REDoctix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 REDoctix

Personally I've been thinking about the idea of a Medieval 3: Total War. I think that it would be the most entertaining, and with today's gaming engines they can vastly improve the game. For example more intricate and better interactions between the soldiers when they fight. It could also be a goodopportunity to improve on details from Medieval 2, for example introduciing naval battles, improving soldiers, siege equipment, campaign map, the option to hold prisoners, diplomacy, etc... The list is almost endless.

Jake518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Jake518
Member since 2010 • 233 Posts

Rome 2 for sure. I think it would still be too soon to see Medieval 3. Another idea could be Acient Greece, before the rise of Rome. It would be interesting to play as one of the many city states. Or Ancient Egypt, where you can compete against the Hittite Empire or Assyria. Another possible idea could be at some point in Ancient China.

Cassace_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Cassace_
Economic TW: You have to buy debt to other nation, then speculate and crash their economy. or Religious TW: You creat a religion (mono or poly, as you want) then you convert people to your faith and make them burn every non-believers. or Total Cold War: you amass lots of weapon of mass destruction then wait. I've got more ! If CA looks for ideas, they can ask me. R2TW could also be fun.
soccerman36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 soccerman36
Member since 2005 • 1877 Posts

Economic TW: You have to buy debt to other nation, then speculate and crash their economy. or Religious TW: You creat a religion (mono or poly, as you want) then you convert people to your faith and make them burn every non-believers. or Total Cold War: you amass lots of weapon of mass destruction then wait. I've got more ! If CA looks for ideas, they can ask me. R2TW could also be fun.Cassace_

i like these creative ideas... how about Total War on Terror. You build up armies of drones and use them to wipe out people on your secret kill list. Or Total War on Drugs... you spend a lot of time and money looking through your own territory for regualr people smoking joints and have your forces arrest them and throw them in jail for 20 years.

BloodScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BloodScarlet
Member since 2012 • 61 Posts
I personally want one set in one of China's many periods. This European setting is getting very old.
hathorian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 hathorian
Member since 2005 • 78 Posts

yawn.

wwii

Sevrun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sevrun
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Has anyone considered the possibility of a Three Kingdoms Total War? The period practically THROWS itself into the design style of the total war games. A Fantasy Total War is the least likely of the prominent ideas, simply because the strategic map would play so much like a lot of other turn based fantasy strategy titles, probably best to stay away from that... Rather like the new Warlock game only with TW battles... which would actually make it very VERY similar to an ancient game called Masters of Magic. Ok, so maybe I would like a Fantasy one, just because I adored MoM. Greek Total War is another that practically throws itself into the design mold. I suspect the only thing driving them away from that one would be a somewhat limited variety of units, but it would lend itself to smaller warfare paradigms which would be useful later for a modern version (i.e. raiding, urban combat, etc.) The Greeks were my favorite faction from Rome, so I'd naturally like to see a TW about them. The original Rome hinted at the period, but it's one that could be fleshed out with surprising ease. After all, if they want a doomsday weapon to slap you with in the late game, the Persians are right there. Realm Divide in Shogun 2 still irks me, VERY poorly done. The wife brought up an excellent idea... A Nordic Total War. Not sure how well this one would fit the TW design style, but I could see something centering more around the fearsome reputation of the sea raiders circa 800-100 AD. Course, I'm just a big fan of war axes, so you may want to disregard this one ;)
andy_popov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 andy_popov
Would definitely love to see either Medieval 3 or Rome 2... Though a completely different option I'm going to throw out there... A "Lord of the Rings, Middle Earth Total War"?
smitherean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 smitherean
Member since 2007 • 228 Posts

Would definitely love to see either Medieval 3 or Rome 2... Though a completely different option I'm going to throw out there... A "Lord of the Rings, Middle Earth Total War"?andy_popov

Westeros: Total War. Nerdgasm.

EnanoMaldito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 EnanoMaldito

[QUOTE="andy_popov"]Would definitely love to see either Medieval 3 or Rome 2... Though a completely different option I'm going to throw out there... A "Lord of the Rings, Middle Earth Total War"?smitherean

Westeros: Total War. Nerdgasm.

Well actually, there are both Middle Earth TW AND Westeros TW. Sure, both of them are fan-made, but Third Age (the LotR one) is simply AMAZING. The Westeros one is in a very early stage, but so far it's looking good, let's see how it evolves. But I agree an "official" release of these games would be awesome, it would be nice if say they hired the creator of Third Age and make it official or something, you know, the way Valve does. But I expect the next TW to be Rome most probably. The original was amazing, and a remake seems reasonable. I doubt we'll see a new Medieval since Medieval 2 is not that old itself. If I might throw out a couple "strange" ideas out there: An "Asia: Total War" would be pretty amazing if you ask me. You could have different factions in China, Japan, Thai, Indians and all kind of different cultures and "civilizations" out there, AND we could get away a bit from the Europe scenario. Another wilder idea I'd like to see is America:TW, and by this I DO NOT MEAN US:TW. I mean the whole continent of America. Say you could have from the european conquest all the way to the wars of independization of North and South America. (being from Argentina this idea just drives me crazy, however unlikely it is heheh)
Avatar image for deactivated-62a2e05c0ed2d
deactivated-62a2e05c0ed2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 deactivated-62a2e05c0ed2d
Member since 2010 • 1242 Posts

ROME 2 is COMMING!!

Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKglskMfyWA

OFFICIALLY ANOUNCED

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/39910-Total-War-ROME-II%E2%84%A2-announced?p=354691#post354691

weddy321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 weddy321
(Rome II) is what i hope to see iv played all the total war games sense Medival total war and rome total war was fare the most funn xD. i really hope to see it as the nest title merchant account provider
shuknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 shuknight
Member since 2007 • 430 Posts
[QUOTE="Sevrun"]Has anyone considered the possibility of a Three Kingdoms Total War? The period practically THROWS itself into the design style of the total war games. A Fantasy Total War is the least likely of the prominent ideas, simply because the strategic map would play so much like a lot of other turn based fantasy strategy titles, probably best to stay away from that... Rather like the new Warlock game only with TW battles... which would actually make it very VERY similar to an ancient game called Masters of Magic. Ok, so maybe I would like a Fantasy one, just because I adored MoM. Greek Total War is another that practically throws itself into the design mold. I suspect the only thing driving them away from that one would be a somewhat limited variety of units, but it would lend itself to smaller warfare paradigms which would be useful later for a modern version (i.e. raiding, urban combat, etc.) The Greeks were my favorite faction from Rome, so I'd naturally like to see a TW about them. The original Rome hinted at the period, but it's one that could be fleshed out with surprising ease. After all, if they want a doomsday weapon to slap you with in the late game, the Persians are right there. Realm Divide in Shogun 2 still irks me, VERY poorly done. The wife brought up an excellent idea... A Nordic Total War. Not sure how well this one would fit the TW design style, but I could see something centering more around the fearsome reputation of the sea raiders circa 800-100 AD. Course, I'm just a big fan of war axes, so you may want to disregard this one ;)

I second a Three Kingdoms: Total War. I mean, right now we already have hero units, so it's very possible with a lot of tweaking to turn them into any general, with added abilities based on what that general was good for. Now, if the game had Koei's Romance of the Three Kingdoms' scope, that would be amazing.
ykfdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ykfdf
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
The way it looks though ,with fall of the samurai, -------------------------------------------------------- WoW gold|Diablo 3 Gold|WoW Gold Kaufen