Next gen needs an rpg like SegaGaga

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by HipHopBeats (2874 posts) -

Can't believe I missed out on this one, but the plot has to be one of the most unorthodox stories ever created. It has many references to past Sega games like Sonic The Hedgehog, Phatansy Star, Golden Axe and so on. One of the main bosses you fight is actually a Sega Genesis console with all the add ons, lol.

SegaGaga's story

#2 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

Doesn't anybody care about gameplay anymore ? :(

#3 Posted by Smashbrossive50 (2882 posts) -

@HipHopBeats: wow,epic fail on the link,here's the correct one http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/segagaga/segagaga.htm

#4 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

Oh is this one of those "Hardcore" games (broken mechanics masquerading as challenges) huh?

#5 Edited by Smashbrossive50 (2882 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu: it's not easy for me to look for Japanese retro,so this is what I got in the end,if you could provide a better source,let it be known for retro gamers out there

#6 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

its Retro. There are no good retro games. Not by todays standards

#7 Posted by Smashbrossive50 (2882 posts) -

Time has changed,and so is the gaming standard. back in those days,technologies weren't as advanced as of today,but they bore fruits that were the best at the time. my study came up with the fact that games from the 1970s to the early 2000s were considered legendary and retro.

#8 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

Sadly RPGs don't have that same excuse.

#9 Posted by Jag85 (4377 posts) -

Oh is this one of those "Hardcore" games (broken mechanics masquerading as challenges) huh?

No, that's just the name of the site. It's a great site for retro gaming.

And "today's standards" would have been considered too "easy" or "bad" game design back in those days.

#10 Edited by HipHopBeats (2874 posts) -
@Lulu_Lulu said:

Doesn't anybody care about gameplay anymore ? :(

I sure as hell do. Retro gaming is still popular. Just look at Resogun, arguably PS4's best launch game, and it's free, lol! Even games like Rayman Legends, a GOTY contender by many gamers, is built off old school retro gaming mechanics, just updated with modern technological twists. Plus, it would be cool to see a dev poke fun at themselves and make something awesome.

@Smashbrossive50: This is why forums can still be a cool thing! The link has been updated.

#11 Posted by Some-Mist (5630 posts) -

by your standards, not by mine.