Next Crossover Fighting Game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Headbanger2031 (3 posts) -
So far we've had: Marvel Vs. Capcom(1-3) Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe and I'm sure there are loads others... What I'm wondering is, what would be the next crossover to use for a game like these? In my opinion, there already needs to be a "Marvel Vs. DC", which won't happen any ways considering these 2 companies probably won't have an agreement about it. Also, maybe a game finally featuring all the horror characters: Michael Myers, Jason Voorhees, Freddy Krueger, The Creeper, Leatherface, Ghostface, Chucky, Pinhead, etc.. why not? Who says it has to be relevant, these characters have been around long enough to get a game. If you can think of other good ideas and opinions about this topic, then go ahead and post, tell me what you think?
#2 Posted by dragonps (1667 posts) -
Sounds bizarre but I have always liked the idea of a fighting game featuring real martial artists from history like Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, Leung Jan or Leung Yee-Tai. Would be epic I think but getting the relevant permissions would be a pain. Saying that I'm still hoping to see a VF vs DOA game although given Sega's recent troubles I highly doubt it will happen
#3 Posted by Headbanger2031 (3 posts) -
Sounds bizarre but I have always liked the idea of a fighting game featuring real martial artists from history like Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, Leung Jan or Leung Yee-Tai. Would be epic I think but getting the relevant permissions would be a pain. Saying that I'm still hoping to see a VF vs DOA game although given Sega's recent troubles I highly doubt it will happendragonps
Yeah, That sounds awesome tbh, and I agree! There are so many good ideas that can be used for more fighting games that could generate so much money for these companies(if done right of course.)
#4 Posted by crossoverfan123 (1 posts) -
I've always had a dream of mortal kombat x street fighter but will u ever see ryu's spine get riped off be scorpion???
#5 Posted by Swift_Boss_A (14579 posts) -

Dead Or Alive vs Virtua Fighter. Brace yourself, 99.9% chance this will happen.

#6 Posted by TAMKFan (32739 posts) -

Swift_Boss_A

A Dead or Alive vs. Virtua Fighter would be nice.

#7 Posted by Swift_Boss_A (14579 posts) -

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]

TAMKFan

A Dead or Alive vs. Virtua Fighter would be nice.

Team Ninja really wantts and it looks like SEGA does too, why else would Akira make an appearance in DOA5 :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9wYdiCqX58

#8 Posted by Lulekani (2216 posts) -
Disney vs WB. Doesnt even have to a fighting game, sports would do just fine as well.
#9 Posted by MadVybz (2797 posts) -

I've always had a dream of mortal kombat x street fighter but will u ever see ryu's spine get riped off be scorpion???crossoverfan123

The games are just too different for that to work...Besides, given MK's shoddy history prior to the release of MK9, I'm more than positive that's what kept Capcom from doing a crossover with them.

#10 Posted by Dudersaper (32949 posts) -
DOA vs VF would be amazing.
#11 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26483 posts) -
Capcom vs Shonen Jump. It wouldn't come out of Japan, but I'd import it. :D
#12 Posted by TAMKFan (32739 posts) -

I want to see a Capcom vs. Namco and Namco vs. Capcom. They already did a Street Fighter X Tekken and there's also a Tekken X Street Fighter coming out and after those games, they should do that.

#13 Posted by MadVybz (2797 posts) -

I want to see a Capcom vs. Namco and Namco vs. Capcom. They already did a Street Fighter X Tekken and there's also a Tekken X Street Fighter coming out and after those games, they should do that.

TAMKFan

I believe they've already done a game like that, but it didn't get released outside of Japan.

#14 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26483 posts) -

[QUOTE="TAMKFan"]

MadVybz

I believe they've already done a game like that, but it didn't get released outside of Japan.

Wasn't it an RPG though?
#15 Posted by Dudersaper (32949 posts) -
[QUOTE="MadVybz"]

[QUOTE="TAMKFan"]

nintendoboy16

Wasn't it an RPG though?

Yeah, I have it. 'Tis fun. I'd also like to see something like Guilty Gear vs Soul Calibur, Street Fighter X Tekken worked well and both games play differently, almost the same contrast between GG and SC, so it might work. And I chose those two because all (or at least most) characters use weapons in the games.
#16 Posted by Virtua_Souls (289 posts) -

I gotta agree with the DoA vs VF talk. It would be great for both series. I really hope that DoA5's guest characters from VF are just the beginning for the crossover (Maybe Sega AM2 could put Kasumi and Hitomi in VF6? :D ).

I would also like to see a VF vs Tekken someday, but considering how the Tekken team is still working on Tekken vs SF and working on Tekken 7, I guess that won't be happening anytime soon.

#17 Posted by TAMKFan (32739 posts) -

[QUOTE="TAMKFan"]

MadVybz

I know, but I was saying that I want one that is actually a fighting game.

#18 Posted by phucher (625 posts) -
I want to see CvS3. I loved CvS2.
#19 Posted by MadVybz (2797 posts) -

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="MadVybz"]

Dudersaper

Wasn't it an RPG though?

Yeah, I have it. 'Tis fun. I'd also like to see something like Guilty Gear vs Soul Calibur, Street Fighter X Tekken worked well and both games play differently, almost the same contrast between GG and SC, so it might work. And I chose those two because all (or at least most) characters use weapons in the games.

Apologies. I merely heard about it then raged at the fact that Japan always get's the good stuff. :P

#20 Posted by Dudersaper (32949 posts) -

[QUOTE="Dudersaper"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] Wasn't it an RPG though?MadVybz

Apologies. I merely heard about it then raged at the fact that Japan always get's the good stuff. :P

It's easy to play even not knowing Japanese, for the most part, you just won't get the story, which sucks. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT19MrQbyM8 Check that out, he explains how you can play it quite easily. I actually ripped my copy and english patched it. (It's legal as long as you own a copy, as far as I know [if not, mods feel free to edit the post])
#21 Posted by EnergyAbsorber (4893 posts) -

To answer the OP's question, the next cross over fighting game that is currently in devlopment is Tekken X Street Fighter which will come out sometime after Tekken Teag Tournament 2 releases.

#22 Posted by LunarEclipz (23 posts) -

Actualy, MArvel and DC work very well together. Theyve had several crossover comic's as well as theyre continuities stating " Theyre are twin Brothers, two universes connected and yet seperate. "

I think the only reason a Marvel Vs DC fighting game hasnt happened is because DC hasnt been in the fightin gmarket for a while and all of Marvel's best fighters were made by Capcom and not Marvel themselve.

The poor reception to Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe is also a factor.

#23 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26483 posts) -

LunarEclipz

The reception was only poor with Mortal Kombat fans (like how most Star Fox games that do get some good scores get bad rep from fans), critics, not so much.

#24 Posted by nini200 (9680 posts) -
[QUOTE="Headbanger2031"]So far we've had: Marvel Vs. Capcom(1-3) Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe and I'm sure there are loads others... What I'm wondering is, what would be the next crossover to use for a game like these? In my opinion, there already needs to be a "Marvel Vs. DC", which won't happen any ways considering these 2 companies probably won't have an agreement about it. Also, maybe a game finally featuring all the horror characters: Michael Myers, Jason Voorhees, Freddy Krueger, The Creeper, Leatherface, Ghostface, Chucky, Pinhead, etc.. why not? Who says it has to be relevant, these characters have been around long enough to get a game. If you can think of other good ideas and opinions about this topic, then go ahead and post, tell me what you think?

Don't be so quick to think for them. Marvel and DC have worked together on various different occasions. I believe they'd be able to agree if they felt like making money.

And as for the next crossover, it should be SNK vs Marvel in the style of KOF 13. That game would be BOSS!!! Also Virtua Fighter vs Dead or Alive. They already have similar button setups so that crossover would be easy. I know Akira is in DOA 5 but it may not be a true crossover. Albeit how awesome it'd be to see Kage Maru and Ryu Hyabusa's (or Hayate or Kasumi or Ayane's) All Ninjas team attack as well as Vanessa and Tina's Team attack
#25 Posted by TAMKFan (32739 posts) -

To answer the OP's question, the next cross over fighting game that is currently in devlopment is Tekken X Street Fighter which will come out sometime after Tekken Teag Tournament 2 releases.

EnergyAbsorber

I can't wait for that game. It'll be interesting to see how the Street Fighter characters would play using the Tekken engine.

#26 Posted by TAMKFan (32739 posts) -

[QUOTE="LunarEclipz"]

nintendoboy16

The reception was only poor with Mortal Kombat fans (like how most Star Fox games that do get some good scores get bad rep from fans), critics, not so much.

MK vs. DCU wasn't too bad, but it also could have been better.

#27 Posted by matt45thebest (1 posts) -
they should make a marvel vs shonen jump that would be the greatest battle in a fighting game that game should happen
#28 Posted by Kanghaskhan (34 posts) -
I'm hoping Tekken X Streetfighter doesn't take too long to come out.
#29 Posted by Neoprime616 (5 posts) -
D.C. Comics vs SNK Tekken vs Bloody Roar Savage Reign vs Guilty Gear Samuria Showdown/Last Blade vs Guilty Gear/Blazblue SNK vs Capcom 3(2D)/Capcom vs SNK 3(3D) East(Manga/Anima/Videogames) vs West(Comics/Cartoons/Videogames) Sonic & Mario Halo/Metroid(Samus & Master Chief Team-up) Call of Duty/Battlefield vs Aliens(Xenomorphs) Killzone vs Resistance These are one I would like to happen.
#30 Posted by MVCFreak (184 posts) -

Marvel Vs. DC

Image Vs. Mirage

#31 Posted by y890 (47 posts) -

samurai showdown vs soul calibur

or another sequel from capcom vs snk

killer instinct vs mortal kombat

maybe it will be a good game

#32 Posted by thelukestar619 (5 posts) -
Even though i count wrestling games as sport games not fighting i would love to see a tna vs wwe game but that will never happen unless vince mchamon buys tna
#33 Posted by nini200 (9680 posts) -

Marvel/SNK Clash

Marvel characters done up with the KOF 13 treatment using a tweaked KOF13 engine with Marvel's zanyness would be beyond boss. I'd main Mai, Kim and Jubilee.

#34 Posted by nini200 (9680 posts) -
Even though i count wrestling games as sport games not fighting i would love to see a tna vs wwe game but that will never happen unless vince mchamon buys tna thelukestar619
Um, isn't that what Smackdown vs Raw is? :?
#35 Posted by boybrushdred (1892 posts) -

I loved Cap vs SNK 1&2 but I'd rather have a one on one fighting game so maybe SvC Chaos 2

#36 Posted by rogelio22 (2355 posts) -

capcom vs snk 3 (using sf4 engine)

snk vs. capcom 2 (using kof 13 engine)

#37 Posted by Mr_Strange (22 posts) -
#38 Posted by LunarEclipz (23 posts) -

Well MArvel and DC work well together, they have several team up serie's, vs series and even a conjoined universe were theyre heroe's combine into a new set of characters.

They jointly own a character who guesrds the balance between the two worlds.

#39 Posted by BlackBirdVIII (13 posts) -

D.C. Comics vs SNK Tekken vs Bloody Roar Savage Reign vs Guilty Gear Samuria Showdown/Last Blade vs Guilty Gear/Blazblue SNK vs Capcom 3(2D)/Capcom vs SNK 3(3D) East(Manga/Anima/Videogames) vs West(Comics/Cartoons/Videogames) Sonic & Mario Halo/Metroid(Samus & Master Chief Team-up) Call of Duty/Battlefield vs Aliens(Xenomorphs) Killzone vs Resistance These are one I would like to happen.Neoprime616

Preach it brother!!!

Personally though, Street Fighter vs. DBZ would be a dream come true. Also, I would love to see something along the lines of an underdog fighting game where you took a lot of the cult classics or lesser known old school classic fighting games and pitted them against each other.

These are some of the games I have in mind.

ClayFighter

Shaq-Fu

Evil Zone

Primal Rage

#40 Posted by Dexter-010 (531 posts) -
Tekken x Mortal Kombat? Mortal Kombat x Street Fighter? Marvel vs. Capcom 4 with all characters from both francise?