Next console Elder Scrolls game???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Baroni88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Baroni88
Member since 2011 • 345 Posts

I'm just wondering. I love Skyrim. It's the only Elder Scrolls game I've played. But now that Bethesda is taking The Elder Scrolls online, will there be another game for console??!! I don't have a high end PC and don't plan on paying loads of money to buy one but I would like to see another game for console. Maybe next-gen??!

Your thoughts?!?!

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I definitely think there will be another Elder Scrolls game for consoles.  Skyrim sold 11.5 million on the PS3 and Xbox combined - I don't see them putting an end to that.

My guess is that it will be next gen as I remember an interview with one of the developers who said they were sort of planning on Skyrim being next gen but decided to go with it on current gen consoles instead.

Baroni88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Baroni88
Man, could you imagine the possibilities with The Elder scrolls on next gen consoles. Pretty stoked!
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44108 Posts
I'm sure there'll be another Elder Scrolls game on consoles and that it'll be on next gen systems but I think it won't be until 2015 though.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#5 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
it's been around 4 years per elder scrolls game and skyrim was a 2011 game. with a new playstation likely to be out this year and a new xbox right around that time frame, i think that sets up TESVI as a next generation game pretty solidly.
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
I'm sure there'll be another Elder Scrolls game on consoles and that it'll be on next gen systems but I think it won't be until 2015 though.Archangel3371
IC3_C0LD_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 IC3_C0LD_ZERO
Member since 2008 • 297 Posts
But now that Bethesda is taking The Elder Scrolls onlineBaroni88
Don't worry about that, this game will probably fail harder than TOR and go F2P after a couple of months. They should never have bothered with it
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#8 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

I'd hope so. It'd be nice to see a Fallout/Elder Scrolls next-gen game without glitches and framerate issues which plague the current gen games of the series.

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

there will be another one for sure. its not gonna be for a while though and definately not gonna be on current gen consoles.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Yes i'd love to see one on next gen consoles.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#11 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

Man, could you imagine the possibilities with The Elder scrolls on next gen consoles. Pretty stoked!Baroni88

I remember thinking that with Morrowind. Then we got Oblivion, which was smaller and had less content but looked prettier :P

Anyway, we'll see Fallout 4 first.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#12 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Bethesda isn't making ESO, another company is. Bethesda is working onFallout New Vegas 2 and probably has a team working on the next single player Elder Scrolls. They take a looong time to make so they always have people working on the next one.
Baroni88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Baroni88

Damn. Yeah that is going to be the hard part with next-gen consoles. There will be so much to work with, we will have longer wait times in between games. But it will be so worth it. That's kind of why I'm stoked for Watch Dogs and games that will release as the Next-Gen consoles come out. Oh man, this should be amazing. 

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

I knew people who don't play RPGs getting Skyrim for their consoles, so it would kind of be dumb not to release a new one on consoles.  Plus, isn't the MMO not developed by the main team or something like that (not that it's been given to a bad dev team or anything, as it does look like it could be fun)?

Really, I just hope they bring back at least the RPG elements that were in Oblivion, as little things such as armor and weapons never needing repairs in Skyrim just kind of made me question why smithing was an option other to level up easier/quicker by making daggers all day.  Still, I shouldn't complain, Skyrim is still a great game to get lost in over a weekend.