Next COD/Battlefield should go back to World War 2/Vietnam

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sir_Didymus77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Sir_Didymus77
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Most of the First Person Shooters out recently are all futuristic like Destiny, Killzone, Titanfall, Halo and the new COD. I would like to see the next Call of Duty or Battlefield series go back to World War 2 they could have some great maps like Stalingrad, Normandy, Berlin, Iwo Jima, Burma, North Africa and even Paris with the French Resistance. They could then do a map pack of the Vietnam war with maps like Hamburger Hill, Khe Sanh and La Drang Valley. Couple of years ago Battlefield did a Vietnam pack and it was awesome. Hopefully in near future we can get another great World at war game.....

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

Future is where it's at homie.

Battlefield 2143 (pretty sure it's happening) is the only reason I'd jump back into the franchise.

WWII has been interpreted by so many games with such a large amount of mechanics that differentiate each game. I don't think there's much room to do more in it.

Red Orchestra owns that brutality niche. Call of Duty has no reason to go back. Battlefield would have to lose a lot of the mechanics it has right now for it to go back in the past. It's just not relevant anymore. There's always gonna be niche games for WWII die hards, but most talent is interested in new stuff

fredbalsdon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fredbalsdon
Member since 2004 • 1670 Posts

I love too see them go back

I_Return

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By I_Return
Member since 2014 • 873 Posts

We've had enough games about WW2. If anything, I'd like games to focus on other wars that took place in this modern world. Although, they're mostly controversial, they would still give us plenty of reasons to be interested in history again.

AK47Ra1der

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AK47Ra1der
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I wouldn't doubt they end up making something that goes back in time but I would not be too interested in it. There have been too many games with those concepts and I feel like there is not much else to do with it. Everything coming out now for the most part is futuristic, which I do not like as much either. Some games are exceptions but I would prefer more games that focus on the present times, especially when it comes to war games.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Or perhaps they can change Genres. Wouldn't it be nice to play a Call Of Duty or Battlefield Strategy Game ?

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Or perhaps they can change Genres. Wouldn't it be nice to play a Call Of Duty or Battlefield Strategy Game ?

Or perhaps they just fucking disappear all together

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

COD back to WW2 ? hell. NO ! COD 1, COD2, COD 3, COD WAW, that's 4 WW2 COD games. COD Vietnam could be but part of COD Black Ops takes place in Vietnam. Besides the WW2 theme was represented nicely not only by COD but also by MOH the competing franchise that ended up screwing it. Battlefield has never entered the WW2 arena but with the other two you have more than enough WW2 to play. Maybe, just maybe: COD or Battlefield ---->'let's beat the crap out of the Taliban or some stuff like that ( even though that was already covered by MOH too ).

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@bussinrounds

That could work too.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

No I don't think I'd really care for that myself. I was never really that into the WWII era. I love where the CoD games are at right now.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#11 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I find modern warfare games to be pretty boring now. Even more futuristic ones aren't interesting me so much. I really started playing games right as the whole WWII fad was dying out. World at War was my first Call of Duty game and one of my first PS3 games and it remains my favorite Call of Duty game, though I've since distanced myself from the franchise. I think a WWII game on current consoles would be amazing. I love the dark, gritty atmosphere and more simple weapons and gadgets. As far as appealing to a mass audience anymore, that's highly questionable. But the only reason I'd play another Call of Duty game would be if it made a return to WWII. That, or course, seems unlikely so hopefully another at least decent WWII game will pop up again some day.