New Silent Hill!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro featuring. . .

Source

trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 trollop_scat
Member since 2006 • 2656 Posts

I doubt it'll happen but I hope to God it does...

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts

@trollop_scat said:

I doubt it'll happen but I hope to God it does...

No, it IS happening. They released a game on PS4 today called P.T.

It stands for Playable Teaser… and at the end is a cut scene featuring The Walking Deads Norman Reedus as the presumed playable character. Del Toro and Kojima are listed during the scene as well, and the name of the project is "Silent Hills".

I am so happy.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

Nice. Interesting collaboration. Demo looks gorgeous.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#5 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

If the game is going to play like this trailer I'm about to post, it's going to be the best horror game of all time. It has everything that makes a terrific horror game and it actually creeped me out which almost never happens.

Loading Video...

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ish_basic

watching the above video is much better than watching the GS demo on the front page. The person playing it on GS is slow. I repeatedly wanted to take the controller from her.

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts

The demo was not good. Definitely left a sour taste in my mouth. I would say it has poor conveyance, but it's real issue seems to be no conveyance at all. Really hope the actual game is a little less obtuse. Ran around that unending hallway for an hour, discovered the so called answer, and ran around for another thirty minutes looking for it before I gave up and deleted the goddamned thing from my PS4. I do not like having my time wasted.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

@turtlethetaffer said:

If the game is going to play like this trailer I'm about to post, it's going to be the best horror game of all time. It has everything that makes a terrific horror game and it actually creeped me out which almost never happens.

Honestly I'm going to be really fucking disappointed if this is how the game looks or plays. I am sick to fucking death of first person flashlight horror. Not only that, but this looks, feels, and sounds nothing like Silent Hill, and isn't scary on top of that. Why is the celebrity actor even necessary.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 43998 Posts

Wow, that was pretty damn cool and creepy. With Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro working on it I'm definitely sold.

AgeThe6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#10 AgeThe6
Member since 2014 • 179 Posts

I'll be honest I haven't made it through the whole demo yet.... I just had to quit playing after a little bit lol but with it the feature in perhaps a story from Hideo Kojima day one for me. And I enjoyed some of the other silent Hill games are played like homecoming and downpour

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 turtlethetaffer

@Pffrbt said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

Honestly I'm going to be really fucking disappointed if this is how the game looks or plays. I am sick to fucking death of first person flashlight horror. Not only that, but this looks, feels, and sounds nothing like Silent Hill, and isn't scary on top of that. Why is the celebrity actor even necessary.

Play the demo. It's really scary. This is coming from a guy who doesn't get scared by games.

And what I meant was that if the game has that tense an atmosphere and that much tension and just bizarre shit.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

WooooHoooo !

survival Horror Cutscenes ! :)

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

@turtlethetaffer said:

Play the demo. It's really scary. This is coming from a guy who doesn't get scared by games.

And what I meant was that if the game has that tense an atmosphere and that much tension and just bizarre shit.

I'd play the demo except I don't have a PS4. I've watched a few playthroughs and it just does absolutely nothing for me. Nothing I love about Silent Hill is present in that demo.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By turtlethetaffer

@Pffrbt said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

I'd play the demo except I don't have a PS4. I've watched a few playthroughs and it just does absolutely nothing for me. Nothing I love about Silent Hill is present in that demo.

Um. Really? So you don't love paranoia, surrealism, bizarre shit in your Silent Hill?

Silly me but I thought that was what Silent Hill was all about. Even if the game isn't "Silent Hill" it's a more effective horror game than pretty much anything else I've played. Possibly even Silent Hill 3 and up until playing the PT that was my gold standard for horror.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#15 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

I hate the fact that they're using Reedus in any way. I like him, but this is not SH. That part absolutely doesn't fit.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ish_basic

it's one hallway that may or may not be in the actual game. We don't know if this is anything more than a quick mock-up on their game engine designed as a teaser...a sort of self-contained 30 minute adventure to give people a taste. I'm just gonna go ahead and doubt that the final game will only have one action button...it's probably very early and this was something they could whip up at the present state...or would you have preferred a 2 minute CG trailer?