This topic is locked from further discussion.

Snake4eva_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Snake4eva_92
Member since 2006 • 5656 Posts

I've been wanting to get another PS2 for months now, unfortunately mine broke. But I decided to wait a while and not buy another straight away after hearing about the new slimline supposed to come out in Europe early 08. Is this still coming? I haven't seen any news on it for a while. After hearing it was cheaper and more efficient I wanted one, so after waiting all this time, is there a definitive date for it yet?

Any help is appreciated.

Honenheim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Honenheim
Member since 2007 • 5402 Posts
Yup, i heard about this aswell, a slim ps2, much more lighter than the original, can't say when its coming out though.
Snake4eva_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 Snake4eva_92
Member since 2006 • 5656 Posts
I hope it's soon, I've put off a few PS2 titles that I wanted for long enough now. I just want to finally get one again.
Rigga911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Rigga911
Member since 2008 • 2429 Posts
if you wait at the end of this month i heard that all the slim ps2s at target will drop down to $99
mohmaaytah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 mohmaaytah
Member since 2003 • 2397 Posts
With the drop expect the new slim. Its actually heavier than the old slim BUT the power brick is built in making it lighter overall, not to mention easier to transport. Mine is old and getting a bit rough round the edges, I'd like to replace it with one of the new slims.
willxcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 willxcool
Member since 2006 • 2038 Posts
i tot it was out already
Avatar image for metalgear-solid
metalgear-solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 metalgear-solid
Member since 2004 • 7001 Posts

http://www.tech.co.uk/home-entertainment/gaming/games-consoles/news/new-75-playstation-2-console-set-for-2008? Yup, a new slim PS2 is coming out this year. It will have a built-in power supply, it will be an additional few millimetres smaller and will cost even less!

Galva-Gene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Galva-Gene
Member since 2006 • 66 Posts
I will pick one up when it comes out. The price is right, and PS2 is my all time favorite console.
halo2_4_pc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 halo2_4_pc
Member since 2005 • 1561 Posts

http://www.tech.co.uk/home-entertainment/gaming/games-consoles/news/new-75-playstation-2-console-set-for-2008? Yup, a new slim PS2 is coming out this year. It will have a built-in power supply, it will be an additional few millimetres smaller and will cost even less!

metalgear-solid
Built-In Battery Supply? So, you'd have to charge a PS2? WTF?
spanky333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#10 spanky333
Member since 2004 • 885 Posts

"...there will be 160 new titles released for the PS2 in the next five months."

:D

mugensur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 mugensur
Member since 2006 • 601 Posts

Expect a new PS2 model to hit the US in 2008. Expect it to cost $99, and expect it to sell like hotcakes. That's the news coming out of British trade site MCV, who are also saying the new "compact" model will be internally-powered (ie no external power brick), allowing Sony to cut manufacturing costs and thus save a bit of cash. It would also allow the console to use up to 25% less power. Wonderful! Oh, before you go, bear in mind that while MCV aren't normally the types to grind grain in the rumour mill, this is unconfirmed by Sony.

I got this from some google result when searching for this PS2 "rumor".

I don't really care about this new model thing, tho.
earthmonkeyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 earthmonkeyyy
Member since 2007 • 593 Posts
I wonder if this will have the same power and capabilites inside. Will the graphics card be as good as a fat PS2? With Sony trying to keep costs down, it makes you wonder if this slim, or the first slim, is as reliable as the fat PS2.