New Op Flashpoint 2 Screens aka The King is Back (56k)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 inoperativeRS
Member since 2004 • 8844 Posts

Stolen directly from neogaf :P

Obviously target renders or at least heavily modified. The graphics never were what made Flashpoint great, though.

More in this thread (sorry doesn't let me link):

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211409

I personally can't wait for this one, the first one is easily the greatest tactical shooter ever IMO.

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
I still don't trust it... IMO the developers make a game great, and Codemasters knocking off the developers of OFP then proceeding to develop a sequel in-house just reeks of something. Sucks that BIS ran out of money trying to make ArmA, too. It's like both sides are screwed up.
jaSteRdcX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 jaSteRdcX
Member since 2004 • 1944 Posts
ofp was an awesome game.. the mod community was sweet and the games were so realistic. i loved piloting copters.
cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts
I have a huge suspicion this game will be "simplified" for more mainstream audiances.
inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 inoperativeRS
Member since 2004 • 8844 Posts
I do fear it will be casualised, but TBH it would still in a simplified format be the most realistic FPS on the market IMO (unless they completely butchered it). And even though the first one had a great single player campaign it's for the multiplayer I remember it. ArmA was great but I never really considered it a true sequel to OFP.
Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
I do fear it will be casualised, but TBH it would still in a simplified format be the most realistic FPS on the market IMO (unless they completely butchered it). And even though the first one had a great single player campaign it's for the multiplayer I remember it. ArmA was great but I never really considered it a true sequel to OFP.inoperativeRS
The only thing OFP2 has in common with OFP right now is the setting and the name. :( Being made by 100% different people, and we've got no idea as to what their intentions are with the game, just a couple of done-up screenshots. Think of it as Far Cry on the Xbox made by Ubisoft to Far Cry on the PC made by Crytek, except with the possibility that the offshoot game might be good. ArmA with the patched state it's at right now is roughly the game that should have been the true sequel to OFP.