New Kingdom Hearts 3 next gen gameplay trailer!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

We get the trailer in two hours, but we have descriptions now!

So what will they do as they have covered many of the best Disney movies so far, they are now going to start covering Disney rides!

From gaf:

- The new KH3 trailer shows something like attractions, a train summon like the electrical parade? Also fighting the Rock titan.

- Movements on screen are really dynamic. Just as beautiful as expected for the PS4.

- I also noticed a scene where it looked like a Keyblade variation where Sora dual shooting 2 guns.

- Sora's new attack! Disney attractions! In the new trailer, you see the pirate ship from Peter Pan, but it's lit up like in the Electrical Parade!

- Fighting Heartless and the Rock Titan in Traverse Town. Sora is in front of the electrical parade attraction like boat, attacking. The Rock Titan line gradually appears in front of the electric parade coaster. It seems to attack by spinning around the Titan.

- They already said that KH3 uses an exclusive tool called Kingdom Shader, but seeing it, it's really amazing! Sora's hair sways naturally, his expression is soft and realistic, his caricature is portrayed beautifully. I want this trailer to be released immediately!

- On the scene where Sora wields 2 guns, it seems that the guns are related to an attraction with the little green men. リトルグリーンメン is what the little green men in Toy Story are called officially in Japanese, so maybe we have Toy Story confirmed. Maybe.

- It goes without saying that the action is great, but even flames appear really realistic! I can't wait to see what the magic will look like from here on out!

- The special attraction attack used against Rock Titan is the Electric Parade like roller coaster you can ride! It looks a lot like the Big Thunder Mountain attraction from Disneyland. Donald and Goofy are secured by the safety bar, lol.

- Also, there was a scene where the Keyblade transformed into 2 guns.

#2 Posted by Randolph (10466 posts) -

I wish I had been able to get into this series, I've always felt like I was missing out on something special. (this KH hype makes me miss JoshTheBoss)

#3 Edited by ZZoMBiE13 (22911 posts) -

"I want to go to there"

#4 Edited by dvader654 (44752 posts) -
#5 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (22911 posts) -

Looks great. And a bit God of War-ish. God of Sor.

#6 Posted by MAILER_DAEMON (45906 posts) -

Eh... I'm hoping my underwhelmment (I know, I know) is because it's a work-in-progress, but I wasn't that impressed by what I saw. Maybe it's because they chose the bad Twilight Town music for the trailer.

#7 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -

Well, it's Kingdom Hearts. Can't really say much else other than I hope what we're seeing is just an early build, and the final game's combat will be a lot less scripted and stiff.

#8 Posted by BranKetra (48117 posts) -

Well, it's Kingdom Hearts. Can't really say much else other than I hope what we're seeing is just an early build, and the final game's combat will be a lot less scripted and stiff.

I liked the scripted sequences of Kingdom Hearts II, but I liked being involved in the gameplay of Kingdom Hearts I more.

#9 Posted by Pedro (21037 posts) -

It looks like an early build but also looks promising. Can't wait to see the final product.

#10 Posted by Randolph (10466 posts) -

Not very impressive, to be honest. Looked like a slightly more pretty version of KH2, which is a game I just couldn't get into. Maybe it would look more impressive on the ole HDTV. We'll see.

#11 Posted by Pedro (21037 posts) -

@Randolph said:

Not very impressive, to be honest. Looked like a slightly more pretty version of KH2, which is a game I just couldn't get into. Maybe it would look more impressive on the ole HDTV. We'll see.

It doesn't look like a completed game but a game in development.So it should look dramatically better when its done. But I am speculating.

#12 Posted by Randolph (10466 posts) -

@Pedro said:

@Randolph said:

It doesn't look like a completed game but a game in development.So it should look dramatically better when its done. But I am speculating.

I was hoping for something different in the way it played. I didn't get into KH 1&2 because I just couldn't stand the battle system at all. It looks pretty much exactly the same. So even if it looks stellar, (for their time, the first two looked rather pretty as well) I still won't be able to get into it. :(

#13 Posted by Pedro (21037 posts) -

@Randolph said:

I was hoping for something different in the way it played. I didn't get into KH 1&2 because I just couldn't stand the battle system at all. It looks pretty much exactly the same. So even if it looks stellar, (for their time, the first two looked rather pretty as well) I still won't be able to get into it. :(

I never played the game myself however, I have watch my friend play through it multiple times. It just looks like one of those games in which its more entertaining for me to look at someone play than to play it myself.

#14 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

Looks good but not great. Still, I enjoyed the first two Kingdom Hearts games (though I think its ridiculous how convoluted the mythology is) and am looking forward to this.

Also, my wife is a massive fan (though she prefer to watch rather than play) so I'm sure I'll wind up getting this on day 1.

#15 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

Neogaf translated an interview Nomura gave to the Japanese PS Blog. Below are two snippets.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=698113

Sora's movements have been upgraded, he's much more fluid. They're at an early stage of development so ideas of what kind of elements are up in the air. But he wants to balance RPG elements with action too. Since PS4 has the capabilities, he wants to make use of all the field space and take on large numbers of enemies. He's considering an interactive field space, like rocks crumbling as you scale a mountainside, and enemies being able to climb too. He wants to power up the AI, instead of having them all repeat the same programmed actions like in KH enemies and partner AI alike.

--------

When asked if KH3 will make use of Dual Shock 4, Nomura responds that KH3's development isn't as far as FF15's, still deciding things. When asked about corresponding features with tablet and PS Vita, Nomura says of course he's considering external device correspondance. But he's still considering ideas at the moment. While the PS4 offers a lot of possibilities, there are a lot of things to worry about too. But he wants to put in as many elements as he can.

When asked what he thought of the PS4, Nomura jokingly said he thought it was overkill. When asked if the FF15 and KH3 teams effect one another, he says that seeing what each other is doing inspires them to work harder.

#16 Posted by BranKetra (48117 posts) -

Neogaf translated an interview Nomura gave to the Japanese PS Blog. Below are two snippets.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=698113

Sora's movements have been upgraded, he's much more fluid. They're at an early stage of development so ideas of what kind of elements are up in the air. But he wants to balance RPG elements with action too. Since PS4 has the capabilities, he wants to make use of all the field space and take on large numbers of enemies. He's considering an interactive field space, like rocks crumbling as you scale a mountainside, and enemies being able to climb too. He wants to power up the AI, instead of having them all repeat the same programmed actions like in KH enemies and partner AI alike.

--------

When asked if KH3 will make use of Dual Shock 4, Nomura responds that KH3's development isn't as far as FF15's, still deciding things. When asked about corresponding features with tablet and PS Vita, Nomura says of course he's considering external device correspondance. But he's still considering ideas at the moment. While the PS4 offers a lot of possibilities, there are a lot of things to worry about too. But he wants to put in as many elements as he can.

When asked what he thought of the PS4, Nomura jokingly said he thought it was overkill. When asked if the FF15 and KH3 teams effect one another, he says that seeing what each other is doing inspires them to work harder.

This is a good sign. AI is one of the things I would like improved for the next generation and Nomura-san is addressing that. I am not sure if I would do much with a tablet and PS Vita unless it is a cool and useful feature, but I am optimistic about it.

#17 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

@BranKetra:

I also prefer to keep my eyes on one screen. I don't why some companies think consumers would prefer two screens a good HUD on one screen.

#18 Edited by MAILER_DAEMON (45906 posts) -

@BranKetra: Birth By Sleep and Dream Drop Distance did a much better job at finding the balance.

#19 Edited by c_rakestraw (14599 posts) -

Well, it definitely looks nice. Too early to pass any real judgment on it.

#20 Edited by soulless4now (41366 posts) -

I think I'm going to have a heart attack from pure joy. I wasn't expecting this at all. Makes me want to go to Disneyland too. <3

#21 Posted by CyberLips (1815 posts) -
#22 Posted by CyberLips (1815 posts) -

I can't wait to relive my childhood... :')

#23 Posted by BranKetra (48117 posts) -

@BranKetra: Birth By Sleep and Dream Drop Distance did a much better job at finding the balance.

Those are good for handheld players, but I am hoping for a worthwhile home console experience as that is my primary way to play games.

#24 Edited by MAILER_DAEMON (45906 posts) -

@BranKetra said:

@MAILER_DAEMON said:

Those are good for handheld players, but I am hoping for a worthwhile home console experience as that is my primary way to play games.

BBS was originally planned to be on consoles, and neither of them compromise anything for the sake of being handheld, although 3D was a bit on the short side. II's use of in-battle QTE's took you out of everything for the sake of being flashy, whereas BBS' Command Deck, D-Links, and Shotlocks were immense improvements over MP of the previous games, and the Command Styles happen based on battle flow and how YOU fight, instead of what the developers felt looked cool at the time.

3D keeps the Command Deck but replaces Command Styles with Dream Eater links, and goes a step further with Flowmotion. Flowmotion becomes so natural that it feels weird to play any of the other games without it (yes, including the console ones), and in battles it serves a similar purpose to the Reaction Commands of KHII, except once again, YOU are in full control.

The team that's working on KHIII is the same team that made Birth By Sleep and Dream Drop Distance, because the team that was supposed to make III (the same ones that made I and II) have taken forever to make what is now FFXV. What I want is for them to continue building on the gameplay foundation that they started with these two gems, because to ignore them for the sake of making a game that feels more like KHII would be a major step back for everyone and everything.

#25 Edited by BranKetra (48117 posts) -

@MAILER_DAEMON said:

@BranKetra said:

@MAILER_DAEMON said:

BBS was originally planned to be on consoles, and neither of them compromise anything for the sake of being handheld, although 3D was a bit on the short side. II's use of in-battle QTE's took you out of everything for the sake of being flashy, whereas BBS' Command Deck, D-Links, and Shotlocks were immense improvements over MP of the previous games, and the Command Styles happen based on battle flow and how YOU fight, instead of what the developers felt looked cool at the time.

3D keeps the Command Deck but replaces Command Styles with Dream Eater links, and goes a step further with Flowmotion. Flowmotion becomes so natural that it feels weird to play any of the other games without it (yes, including the console ones), and in battles it serves a similar purpose to the Reaction Commands of KHII, except once again, YOU are in full control.

The team that's working on KHIII is the same team that made Birth By Sleep and Dream Drop Distance, because the team that was supposed to make III (the same ones that made I and II) have taken forever to make what is now FFXV. What I want is for them to continue building on the gameplay foundation that they started with these two gems, because to ignore them for the sake of making a game that feels more like KHII would be a major step back for everyone and everything.

I was saying that I am not inclined to buy two handhelds with one game each.

If I chose to get the series for the sake of the story right now, I would need:

Nintendo 3DS: Dream Drop Distance, Kingdom Hearts Re:coded, and 358/2 Days

PlayStation Portable: Birth by Sleep

PlayStation 2: Kingdom Hearts II

PlayStation 3: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Final Mix (I and Re: Chain of Memories)

That is two home consoles and two handhelds. Square-Enix probably realized that some fans of the series that bought I when it was released are interested in learning the entire story, but not at the expense of multiple handheld consoles. I appreciate that.

I understand what you are saying, though. There are apparently game changing features in the portable games that you do not have any interest in reverting from. I hope that the good things in BBS and 3D transition to the PS4 well.

#26 Posted by Ovirew (6308 posts) -

KH 1.5 includes the videos from 358/2 Days, so if you're just looking for story, you probably won't need to buy 358/2 Days just to understand what happened there.

KH 2.5 is coming out next year, and will include KH2, Re:Coded and Birth By Sleep.

So you will be able to play all of those games on PS3, except for Dream Drop Distance. And most of 358/2 Days.

#27 Posted by BranKetra (48117 posts) -

@Ovirew said:

@BranKetra said:

KH 1.5 includes the videos from 358/2 Days, so if you're just looking for story, you probably won't need to buy 358/2 Days just to understand what happened there.

KH 2.5 is coming out next year, and will include KH2, Re:Coded and Birth By Sleep.

So you will be able to play all of those games on PS3, except for Dream Drop Distance. And most of 358/2 Days.

There is more to Kingdom Hearts than videos.

Like I said, you cannot do that right now.

#28 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70630 posts) -

i really need to try the first two games