The BETA comes out on 02.01.2014
Trailer of the game : http://youtu.be/hhvDAQxJhpw
This topic is locked from further discussion.
@cabrasgames: I just mean like, the way the mouse works is kinda awkward. IDK could be jsut me but I was getting the impression that it's not the hottest.
And yeah just make the music a bit more subtle. The beggining of it was great, but ironically when it picked up it took away the eeriness of the atmosphere.
Looks pretty awful. Dated graphics, a protagonist loudly breathing through his mouth constantly, a mouse pointer floating aimlessly around the screen, incredibly silly, shitty jump scare JPEGs popping onto the screen. That box art for the game also looks like a collection of stock images thrown together with some MS Paint drawings.
I'll try to offer some constructive criticisms without coming off as harsh.
-Mimic how Outlast did the holding a camera thing. You don't want to much screen real estate devoted to the actual camera. Having stuff like the battery level and other video-like features on screen is enough.
-Textures need work. Low res textures are an eye-sore which will prevent many people from even trying it. 1gb VRAM is standard nowadays--operate with it in mind.
-Study Half-Life's level design. It's not horror, but it does a great job of prodding you to where you need to go without overtly telling you.
-Outsource the music to someone who knows what they're doing (no offense).
-In horror games, subtlety is key. People fear the unknown far more than they do monsters or creepy little girls. Sound is the best (and cheapest) way to capture this.
1) was born after Outlast. I had already created the camera in the game. In fact, when it came outlast made by a group of professional developers, I've been bad, my thoughts went up in smoke. But the game X SCREAM continues.
2) I am a freelancer who seeks to grow in the world of videogames, because since childhood I have always had a passion for video games in general.
3) The textures are not a problem, the setting is perfect! The beta weighs only 332 MB on your PC so you can play quietly with a laptop.
4) The music created by me, like so many people and so many do not like. As a singer who like and those who do not like it.
5) I invite you to try the BETA at least once to see if the game manages to scare you. I will link where to download the beta on this forum the day 02/01/2014.
I accept the criticism.
You are a crittico videogames?
I see what you mean video games.
Use your keyboard!
Log in to comment