New GTAV Screenshots!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -

l9eiAdB.jpg?1

GAdqXqT.jpg?1

qf3wumv.jpg?1

QBATgi7.jpg?1

wuQmGH9.jpg?1

prmTOzY.jpg?1

qgCM3B3.jpg?1h7HH6TS.jpg?1

DYGPIAu.jpg?1

WpDriv6.jpg?1

Looking pretty good.  I hope we get a new trailer, or some new articles soon.  The delay kinda killed my hype a bit.

#2 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

lol they should just announce it for next gen consoles already.

No way it looks this good on current gen consoles.

#3 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -

S0lidSnake
They are still claiming these screens come from the current gen console versions. Given how good Max Payne 3 looked, who knows. I understand it wasn't a sandbox game, but Rockstar's tech has come a long way since GTAIV.
#4 Posted by MrGeezer (56517 posts) -
Honestly, these kinds of screenshots never really do anything for me. Those obviously aren't gameplay screenshots, so they don't even matter. Still, I'm sure that GTAV is gonna be great.
#5 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -
Honestly, these kinds of screenshots never really do anything for me. Those obviously aren't gameplay screenshots, so they don't even matter. Still, I'm sure that GTAV is gonna be great. MrGeezer
I'm kinda the same way. The dripfeed of info that Rockstar does to promote their games is usually effective, but right now, I feel like it is being overshadowed by the upcoming generation in a way that isn't helping them. We've read about the character swapping on the fly, but we haven't seen it in action. In a way Rockstar is brilliant because they know we are all going to buy it anyway, so why show anything, but still... they've got me, one of the biggest GTA fans on this board, sitting back and saying 'meh'. Part of that is because I know I shouldn't buy it day one when I can either wait for the PC version, or a next-gen port.
#6 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

Ok that was visually impressive and kinda underwhelming at the same. It felt like a cross gen game at times, but there is some spectecular stuff going on if you know where to look. Figured I'd list my thoughts:

• Tesselation!!!! Those bricks on the floor. Man, this is what I wanted my PC to do. I bet most people didn't even notice that.
  • Amazing explosion that one big one. Movie like. Great fire effects too.
  • Dull and boring shooting segments. Though I do like how you can paint the targets and let choppers and squad mates focus fire on them so you can go ahead and flank them.
  • Amazing graphics when driving the car being chased by the chopper. Holy crap.
  • Blackhawk crashing on the roof almost gutting you with the blades and then the entire building collapsing around you in realtime. Very uncharted like. I like.
  • Graphics come alive when smoke, fire and rain effects kick in. Otherwise it feels like an HD version of this gen's games. I think even Killzone SF suffered from this. Developers need to add in more and more post processing effects to make their games look better. Higher res textures and resolution just wont cut it anymore. The rain gifs on neogaf taken from the teaser look next gen. Most of this trailer doesn't.
#7 Posted by Jerell_rast (7093 posts) -
Well R* had to show SOMETHING after the announcement of Saints Row 4 that it is gonna release a couple of weeks before them.
#8 Posted by JML897 (33125 posts) -
Someday I may understand why people get excited about post-San Andreas GTA games. Today is not that day.
#9 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

Ok that was visually impressive and kinda underwhelming at the same. It felt like a cross gen game at times, but there is some spectecular stuff going on if you know where to look. Figured I'd list my thoughts:

• Tesselation!!!! Those bricks on the floor. Man, this is what I wanted my PC to do. I bet most people didn't even notice that.
  • Amazing explosion that one big one. Movie like. Great fire effects too.
  • Dull and boring shooting segments. Though I do like how you can paint the targets and let choppers and squad mates focus fire on them so you can go ahead and flank them.
  • Amazing graphics when driving the car being chased by the chopper. Holy crap.
  • Blackhawk crashing on the roof almost gutting you with the blades and then the entire building collapsing around you in realtime. Very uncharted like. I like.
  • Graphics come alive when smoke, fire and rain effects kick in. Otherwise it feels like an HD version of this gen's games. I think even Killzone SF suffered from this. Developers need to add in more and more post processing effects to make their games look better. Higher res textures and resolution just wont cut it anymore. The rain gifs on neogaf taken from the teaser look next gen. Most of this trailer doesn't.
S0lidSnake
Totally the wrong thread.
#10 Posted by sukraj (23032 posts) -

real nice pics.

#11 Posted by chrisrooR (9027 posts) -
Please, for the love of sweet baby jesus Rockstar...put this on the PC.
#12 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -
Please, for the love of sweet baby jesus Rockstar...put this on the PC. chrisrooR
Every GTA game so far has been on PC. I'd be really surprised if this doesn't happen.
#13 Posted by Amster_G (4290 posts) -

S0lidSnake

Totally looks like a current-gen game...

#14 Posted by -Unreal- (24544 posts) -

Why are "console" screenshots always so incredibly low res?

#15 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

[QUOTE="chrisrooR"]Please, for the love of sweet baby jesus Rockstar...put this on the PC. rragnaar
Every GTA game so far has been on PC. I'd be really surprised if this doesn't happen.

RDR wasnt on PC.

I doubt this will be available on PC Day 1. Rockstar recently said they didnt even have a PC version in development. 

#16 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18507 posts) -
Are those dynamic shadows I see behind the car being hit with the spotlight? One can hope.
#17 Posted by UpInFlames (13279 posts) -

[QUOTE="rragnaar"][QUOTE="chrisrooR"]Please, for the love of sweet baby jesus Rockstar...put this on the PC. S0lidSnake

RDR wasnt on PC.

I doubt this will be available on PC Day 1. Rockstar recently said they didnt even have a PC version in development. 

Red Dead Redemption isn't Grand Theft Auto. It's been the same since Grand Theft Auto III, they deny the PC version and then it comes about six months later. It's Grand Theft Auto, there's gonna be a PC version.

#18 Posted by MirkoS77 (7573 posts) -
Skydiving and BASE, I'm sold.
#19 Posted by Grammaton-Cleric (7513 posts) -

Someday I may understand why people get excited about post-San Andreas GTA games. Today is not that day. JML897

I'll never understand all the petty hatred levied at GTAIV given how much better the core mechanics of that game was when compared to previous installments.

I'm also continuously mystified that some gamers apparently dislike amazing physics.

And let us not forget that both The Lost and the Dammed and The Ballad of Gay Tony expansions were excellent, yet somehow those two significant additions are glossed over repeatedly by the detractors.

As to GTAV, it looks to be very much in line with San Andreas in terms of scope and variety so I'm not fully grasping the inherent negativity.  

#20 Posted by Grammaton-Cleric (7513 posts) -

Well R* had to show SOMETHING after the announcement of Saints Row 4 that it is gonna release a couple of weeks before them.Jerell_rast

Considering that GTA outsells the SR franchise 4-1, I doubt Rockstar is all that concerned.  

#21 Posted by kickingcarpet (440 posts) -

They should of just made an HD San Andreas update.. I think and I speak for most people who are gamers who have played San Andreas would love a HD remake and bury this mess

#23 Posted by Grammaton-Cleric (7513 posts) -

They should of just made an HD San Andreas update.. I think and I speak for most people who are gamers who have played San Andreas would love a HD remake and bury this mess

kickingcarpet

You don't speak for most gamers and you sure as hell don't speak for me.

San Andreas, while an incredible game for its time, is downright clunky by contemporary standards.

And by all accounts GTAV looks like an updated version of San Andreas.

#24 Posted by chrisrooR (9027 posts) -

kickingcarpet
http://www.gamefront.com/gta-san-andreas-hd-mod/
#25 Posted by SteelAttack (10520 posts) -
Looking good. Of course it's coming for PC, so nobody should fret about that. What we should be worrying about is that the surely coming pc port isn't riddled with useless garbage like the Rockstar Social Club or whatever the crap it was called, as well as crappy DRM.
#26 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

Looks more incredible every time a new screenshot is released. Seriously can't wait for this amazing game!

#27 Posted by wis3boi (31459 posts) -

I love the level of detail in R*'s game worlds. Looks to be their best yet.  SA was my favorite setting ebcause of all the variety it had.  Looks to be rebuilding such a great city/state

#28 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

Looks pretty impressive.

#29 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -

The boxart is currently being revealed very slowly.

XcvKfbG.jpg?1

nSq7PrY.jpg?1

#30 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18507 posts) -
Looks the same as every GTA cover ever made. Oh well.
#31 Posted by quidy123 (116 posts) -
the cover has been revealed now http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/49291/grand-theft-auto-v-official-cover-art.html
#32 Posted by Cyberdot (3538 posts) -

Oh man, looks sooo good. Glad to see the mini-gun returned! GTA games should be all about fun, unlike GTA 4.

Rockstar MUST release this on PC. It's a massive waste of a good game if it's console-only.