new army of two

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dream638

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Dream638
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

just wondering will there be a nother army of two game after devils cartel any info anyone

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

I haven't had a breath of a rumor yet, but the way TD'sC played out, I'd think the series was finished.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

@El_Zo1212o said:

I haven't had a breath of a rumor yet, but the way TD'sC played out, I'd think the series was finished.

I agree. The Devil's Cartel was a mediocre third-person shooter that was pretty much sloppy and rushed. They took out everything that made the first two games successful and made the series even weaker.

On top of that, going through the game on the hardest difficulty wasn't that hard due to the berserk feature found in the game. Even the last boss was a pushover because of it.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 El_Zo1212o

@Metamania: I was actually speaking from a story perspective.

Gameplay-wise, I understand where you're coming from. I never really approved of the new overkill mode- I liked it better back when overkill was 1 player as the Big Spooky and the other was the Big Sneaky. 2 Big Spookys was overkill in a bad way.

For some reason, they never got the weapon customization right after the first game, either.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#5 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

@El_Zo1212o said:

@Metamania: I was actually speaking from a story perspective.

Gameplay-wise, I understand where you're coming from. I never really approved of the new overkill mode- I liked it better back when overkill was 1 player as the Big Spooky and the other was the Big Sneaky. 2 Big Spookys was overkill in a bad way.

For some reason, they never got the weapon customization right after the first game, either.

Well, let's face it, the story wasn't really that good to begin with in Devil's Cartel. It felt like I was going through the motions in that one, just getting through the levels very quickly.

That was what it was called; the overkill mode. Once that was triggered, nothing could stop you and that made the game WAY too easy, even on the hardest difficulty, like I said. I used to own it, but not anymore. I'm glad I got rid of the game after completing the game twice and earning all the achievements.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By El_Zo1212o

@Metamania: meh. I just keep mine to have the whole series on my shelf.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#7 ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

I had a lot of fun playing the first one co-op with a friend of mine. We went through it a few times.

Never really liked the second one though. Being stuck in just one place for the entire game I think hurt the whole thing. It just wasn't as exciting as the globe-trotting original.

And I loved how silly the gun customization was in the first game, but the second kind of ruined it. The way using the "BLING" option just kind of put a wrapper on whatever gun you were modding was a drag compared to the diamond studded goofy designs in the first game. It made each weapon feel unique in the original, but bland and uninteresting in the second. I dunno, it might be nitpicking but it was much less fun for me.

I never even played Devil's Cartel though. After 40th Day I didn't want to revisit the AoT series.