New adventure game from the creators of Space Quest

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChronoTravis85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ChronoTravis85
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
In case you don't know, Mark Crowe and Scott Murphy, also known as the Two Guys from Andromeda have formed a new game company: http://guysfromandromeda.com/ and are developing a new point and click adventure game called SpaceVenture. While not a new Space Quest game, they aim to capture the spirit of that classic Sierra series, with the same unique humor and scifi setting. Like other returning Sierra developers, the Two Guys have decided to use kickstarter to fund this awesome project. http://www.kickstarter.co...the-creators-of-space-que In my opinion, their kickstarter has been one of the best ones yet, with regular podcasts featuring updates from the Two Guys themselves, as well as interviews with other Sierra people, as well as people from the Space Quest fan community. They also hosted a live voice chat with fans yesterday, where they talked about the old Sierra days, Space Quest, and their new SpaceVenture game and showed up some old artwork from thier previous games, as well as a new piece of artwork from their new game. Best yet though, they also release a new prototype of game, free to play, at every 100k marker, and the next one is due out in a couple of days. As you can see, they are putting a lot of effort and heart into this project, but they need the help of the their fans, as well as broader Sierra Fans. If you love Space Quest, King's Quest, Quest for Glory etc. Then you should seriously consider donating to this project. Every little bit helps .
pcjtulsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 pcjtulsa
Definitely looking forward to this. Can't wait to see this get funded!
RonnyD1978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RonnyD1978
The Two Guys are doing great in their Kickstarter. And they're almost halfway to back their project. They are REALLY devoted to their fans; listening to suggestions, critics, what's good, what's bad, what direction to go... Very accessable. The two designers can also be found on Twitter, and they'll respond to any questions (or compilment) you send! So: this project deserves to make it! Let's get back to some good ol' space adventuring, with TONS of humour. I've been playing ALL the Space Quests these weeks. There's no current AAA title that made me laugh so much :-) To everyone, but especially GameSpot: please have a look at this project, give them a chance. Back them! I hope GameSpot will do a news article on this one! I'm a gamer and i want these kind of games!! (i also backed DFA, Larry, Jane Jensen). GameSpot dive into this!!!! You'll have good laughs no matter what when you're in contact with Scott and Mark! Cheers all, Ronald (the Netherlands)
ChronoTravis85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ChronoTravis85
Hey guys, the Two Guys are doing a live chat and commentary on Space Quest 4: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers! It's happening now! http://www.twitch.tv/andromedaguys Join us, and chat with the Two Guys as we discuss this great game :)
ChronoTravis85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ChronoTravis85
Hey guys! Live Q&A going on with the Two Guys on Reddit! http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/upxvi/iam_we_are_guys_from_andromeda_scott_murphy_and/ come join us :)
ChronoTravis85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ChronoTravis85
C'mon everyone! It's time to rally for old school gaming! The SpaceVenture kickstarter has just 26 hours left, but is really close, and we can't let it get this close and then fail :) Go to tgakick.com to donate. Just $15 gets you a full game, which is way cheaper than most new games in the store, right?
ChronoTravis85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ChronoTravis85
The game is funded! Between this and Wasteland 2, 2013 should be an amazing year for gaming :) Remember that you can still fund SpaceVenture, via paypal, if you missed your change during the kickstarter! http://guysfromandromeda.com/contribute-paypal/ All of the same tiers still apply, except for specific items that are designated as Kickstarter exclusive.
ChronoTravis85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ChronoTravis85
The game is funded! Between this and Wasteland 2, 2013 should be an amazing year for gaming :) Remember that you can still fund SpaceVenture, via paypal, if you missed your change during the kickstarter! http://guysfromandromeda.com/contribute-paypal/ All of the same tiers still apply, except for specific items that are designated as Kickstarter exclusive.
ChronoTravis85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ChronoTravis85
Update: Stretch goals announced, and they are pretty awesome :) 550k - Translations (German, French, and I think Spanish, with Portuguese a possibility) 600k - Cluck Y'egger mini game (launched from the game menu) 625k - Cluck Y'egger animated graphic novel drawn by Mark Crowe. 650k - An additional level in the game featuring a playable female protagonist. 700k - EGA graphics mode More Cluck? Classic EGA mode? Awesome! Playing the game in EGA mode will definitely make me feel nostalgic :)It seems like it might be like the Monkey Island special editions, where you could switch back and forth between the old and the new.
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#10 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
wow portuguese? I'm kinda surprised. Though even though I'm portuguese I always rather play games in english.
rwmega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 rwmega
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
The Two Guys From Andromeda have gotten their new game funded! Check out their website www.guysfromandromeda.com.