need help deciding between these fighting games! (with poll)

Posted by AgeThe6 (47 posts) 19 days, 11 hours ago

Poll: need help deciding between these fighting games! (with poll) (3 votes)

2D BlazBlue franchise ( if so which one should I pick up never played none of them before) 67%
3D Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (played dead or alive 3 on the original Xbox just a local and single player) 33%
0%
0%

for the past couple months after E3 I have a really bad itch to get into a good fighting game ( the last one I played online with random people was Mortal Kombat 9) so I figured I would ask between these two fighting games which one is best for me.

BlazBlue franchise -I love the look of this game and I really want to try it. I'm thinking about using my first fight stick so I can try to get used to it and hopefully get more into the online part of fighting games But my big questions is #1 is the game hard to learn the mechanics? and if so does it teach you or do I have to look up videos? my second question is is there any particular one should I pick up I would like to know the story of the characters and games show so I pick up the first one?

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate - I like the third one back on the original Xbox I played it just for fun mostly single player sometimes with a friend. I would like to know if any of you guys play this game online and how is the community?

that is all thanks for any comments that would help me a lot :)

#1 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8665 posts) -

I've never played online but I highly reccomend Dead or Alive 5, its totally awesome.

#2 Posted by Notorious1234NA (92 posts) -

BlazBlue

Although, the barrier to entry is extremely high now especially if you just start now. Most people consider Dead or Alive franchise a joke now so you are better of playing that crap Soul Calibur 5 instead.

#3 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (8665 posts) -

@Notorious1234NA

People judge DoA by how it looks, it not by how it plays. Looks like a Joke, plays like a Beast ! :p

#4 Posted by judaspete (387 posts) -

Blazblue is the better game, however it is made for the hardest of the hardcore. The story is not good, but there sure is a lot of it. You will spend hours reading pages of text in the story mode, most of which I found dull. So don't worry about the story. Just get the newest game, Crono Phantazma. If money is an issue, get Continuum Shift used. It's really cheap nowadays.

DOA is easier to pick up and play, but spend some time mastering counters and you will find a good amount of depth there as well. This is probably the better choice if you just want to have fun and don't plan on sinking hours of your life into studying gameplay mechanics.

Hope this helps.