Need for Speed Underground 3 - What the players want

This topic is locked from further discussion.

alcatraz5953

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By alcatraz5953
Member since 2014 • 80 Posts

With Electronic Arts and Ghost Games taking a break from the Need For Speed series this year to work on 'the game the players want' for 2015, I thought it would be a good idea to express what I want from NFS 2015. For starters, if it isn't Underground 3, I don't want it. Almost all the games in the NFS series after Underground 2 were mediocre at best, with some being absolutely awful (Hot Pursuit, Most Wanted 2012). Where did EA go wrong?

So what do I want from Underground 3? The possibilities are endless. All that is needed is a place to start.

World and Events

- The game needs to be completely open world. Players need to drive to new events to participate in them, drive to shops to purchase new items etc. (NFSU2 style)

- The world needs to be massive. It would need to have city regions, industrial regions, residential regions, coastal regions, rural regions etc. Different scenery is always good, seeing the same areas over and over makes a game get stale very quickly.

- Day time/Night time. Different events need to occur in the day and in the night. Legal circuit races, drags on the local track can all occur during the day, while at night, that's when the fun bits come out. Illegal drag events, racing through a busy town center, drift events in secret locations etc. A time shift could be used if you don't feel like being an illegal racer and want to go do the legit scene for a while or vice/verse

- There must be plenty of special events. As mentioned above, the drift events in secret locations, massive drag meets in the desert or in the town center late at night. Special legal events must also be incorporated. Endurance races, track days etc.

- There have to be police, but the police must also be realistic in terms of performance. A Ford Crown Victoria is most certainly not going to keep up with a heavily tuned Nissan GTR. NO SPECIAL POWERS!

Vehicles and Customization

- Being a racing game, the cars are quite obviously pretty important. I personally feel that seeing as it is a street racing game, there shouldn't be any Ferrari's or Lamborghini's in it. There are plenty of games where you can race super-cars, this should not be one of them. There need to be Volkswagen's, Fords, Honda's, Nissan's. Audi's and a few Beemers for the guys that have too much money, and especially your classic tuners i.e. Toyota Supra, Honda s2000, Nissan Skyline etc. and then just for fun, add some muscle cars, they are always good fun. The SUV's in NFSU2 were completely unnecessary, but in saying that, it was awesome having them there. So add them too.

- Possibly the most important aspect of a racing game, and I cant stress this enough, is car sound. Too many racing games have come and gone with cars sounding like either dirt bikes or fighter jets. Get the sounds rights.

- The importance of vehicle customization is right up there with that of car sound. The NFS series lost the plot with regards to customization after Underground 2 in my opinion. The morphing of sectors in a bumper for example just isn't cool, just put out a big selection of pre-designed bumpers for us to choose from. That's more or less how it works in the real world isn't it? But customization must be more than just sticking a new bumper on. It must be about making your car unique, a 1 of a kind work of art, something you would like to show off to the online community. Allow extensive vinyl creation. If i feel like replicating a nice livery I saw on TV the weekend then I should be able to do that. If i want massive rear tyres and tiny front ones, let me do that (not with morphing, with actual tyres and rims that you have to buy) A nice touch, but not completely necessary would be the ability to customize the interior of your car. If you want a track day car, pull out the interior, fit it with a roll cage and racing seats, if you want an illegal street racer, add a nice steering wheel, custom seats to show off a bit, a massive sound system etc. Everything needs to be customizable - bonnet, doors, bumpers, fenders, spoilers, lips, rims, exhaust tips etc. Along with that, each component of your car that you can see needs to be individually paint-able.

- Performance upgrades need to be vastly different from previous NFS games. Each performance part needs to be individual upgraded or swapped out, and different options such as brands and types need to be offered. Brakes for example, I only have enough money for new disks, but i have to choose between a Ferodo or a Brembo kit, obviously I will buy the cheaper option. Performance parts also need to have a clear effect on the sound the car makes. Different exhaust notes from different types of exhausts, turbos, blow off valves etc. Also give the opportunity to swap out engines from certain models of vehicles and place them in others, a Honda s2000 motor transplanted into a Honda Civic for example.

- The garage where all your vehicle are stored and displayed should also be customizable, this is after all the same thing you're going to see every time you select your car. It should therefore be something you like and something unique.

Online Features

- The online system needs to be an extension of your single player profile. The car you race with in single player is the same car you race with in multiplayer. A decent lobby system needs to incorporated where drivers can park there cars and have players call them out to race, or where you can call out other players. Race conditions and stakes are set by the challenger, circuit/drift/drag and cash/pink slip etc. Multiple people can be called out for events.

For now that is pretty much all I can think of, will add more as new ideas come along. Please comment with your ideas, let us get EA to give us the game we want, the game we deserve. Need For Speed Underground 3.

Patriot9102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Patriot9102
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Good suggestions, include a offline LAN capability like nfsu2. Make this game and ill buy 5 copies. DO NOT PUT POWERS IN A RACING GAME.

I hope someone from EA reads this post. This is how u make money

alcatraz5953

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 alcatraz5953

Judging by the amount of times this article was read versus the comments posted on it, I'm assuming that either:

a) the community doesn't have any more ideas

b) the community doesn't like these ideas

c) the community doesn't care about NFSU4 (which I know is not true)

Come on guys, if we want this game, we need to start making the effort get it out there and start making a noise about it.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#3 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

The fact you called every NFS game after U2 bad (and lol at Hot Pursuit being awful, that's racing game perfection right there) indicates you have no clue what a proper NFS is and actually was all about.

alcatraz5953

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 alcatraz5953

Are you serious? 2010 NFS Hot Pursuit? Racing Perfection?

You my friend, have clearly never driven a car, or you must be blind. Hot Pursuit wasn't awful you're right. It was the WORST one of the lot. And just to be clear, there is a big difference between the words 'mediocre' and 'bad'

speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By speedfreak48t5p

@alcatraz5953 said:

Are you serious? 2010 NFS Hot Pursuit? Racing Perfection?

You my friend, have clearly never driven a car, or you must be blind. Hot Pursuit wasn't awful you're right. It was the WORST one of the lot. And just to be clear, there is a big difference between the words 'mediocre' and 'bad'

LOL Hot Pursuit was what Need for Speed is all about. Hot, exotic cars driving down down country roads and getting into insane police chases, not this tuner and pimp my ride crap that started in 2003.

vicky_john1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 vicky_john1
Member since 2014 • 230 Posts

The game should be like NFS MW with high end graphics with LAN play..

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#8  Edited By illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

First off, I loved NFS Underground.

However, Tuning up Japanese imports became out of fashion years ago back when there was only two Fast and the Furious films and them being based around exaggerated aftermarket parts, candy paint, crunk music and some underbelly street scene. It's 2014 now, I dont think another NFS Underground would be all that relevant.

I think EA knows this. Shows like Top Gear are in, the franchise tried to deliver a game toward such audience with NFS Shift to keep the franchise up to speed with these trends amongst car enthusiasts. On the opposite end, they brought in Criterion, who, are better known for making racing games for those that dislike racing games to hopefully bring new people back into the franchise. I honestly dont know where the franchise will go from here, but going back to commercial imports and aftermarket tuning is not the way to go about it.

Let's assume the modern EA makes a NFS Underground 3. People will cry and boycott the game anyway once EA monetizes vehicle customization features and involve the game around persistent multiplayer.

speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 speedfreak48t5p

@illmatic87 said:

First off, I loved NFS Underground.

However, Tuning up Japanese imports became out of fashion years ago back when there was only two Fast and the Furious films and them being based around exaggerated aftermarket parts, candy paint, crunk music and some underbelly street scene. It's 2014 now, I dont think another NFS Underground would be all that relevant.

I think EA knows this. Shows like Top Gear are in, the franchise tried to deliver a game toward such audience with NFS Shift to keep the franchise up to speed with these trends amongst car enthusiasts. On the opposite end, they brought in Criterion, who, are better known for making racing games for those that dislike racing games to hopefully bring new people back into the franchise. I honestly dont know where the franchise will go from here, but going back to commercial imports and aftermarket tuning is not the way to go about it.

Let's assume the modern EA makes a NFS Underground 3. People will cry and boycott the game anyway once EA monetizes vehicle customization features and involve the game around persistent multiplayer.

Exactly my thoughts. Underground fans can't seem to grasp it. I mean, Midnight Club is dead now.

alcatraz5953

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 alcatraz5953

The thing is though, vehicle tuning is still huge world wide, it may not necessarily be in the form of a Fast n Furious movie, or in the gaming scene. That is the problem, people still want to be able to tune their cars, and the concept of underground was fun, it gave you the opportunity to be a hooligan on the streets. But everybody has their own opinions, I still however feel the NFS series has not been good since underground

LoganNFS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LoganNFS

Me, I want some cars from NFS Undeground 2 and NFS Most Wanted and NFS Underground, and a few of big cars like lamborghini aventador... I want some cops in ford crown victoria, but not a lot (only in Bayview... I'm going to talk about that after). I think we must begin the game with a little car, like old NFS. Day and night cycle.

I like the idea of alcatraz5953:

<< World and Events

- The game needs to be completely open world. Players need to drive to new events to participate in them, drive to shops to purchase new items etc. (NFSU2 style)

- The world needs to be massive. It would need to have city regions, industrial regions, residential regions, coastal regions, rural regions etc. Different scenery is always good, seeing the same areas over and over makes a game get stale very quickly.

- Day time/Night time. Different events need to occur in the day and in the night. Legal circuit races, drags on the local track can all occur during the day, while at night, that's when the fun bits come out. Illegal drag events, racing through a busy town center, drift events in secret locations etc. A time shift could be used if you don't feel like being an illegal racer and want to go do the legit scene for a while or vice/verse

- There must be plenty of special events. As mentioned above, the drift events in secret locations, massive drag meets in the desert or in the town center late at night. Special legal events must also be incorporated. Endurance races, track days etc.

- There have to be police, but the police must also be realistic in terms of performance. A Ford Crown Victoria is most certainly not going to keep up with a heavily tuned Nissan GTR. NO SPECIAL POWERS! >>

About the tuning, I like the idea of alcaraz5953:

<< Vehicles and Customization

- Being a racing game, the cars are quite obviously pretty important. I personally feel that seeing as it is a street racing game, there shouldn't be any Ferrari's or Lamborghini's in it. There are plenty of games where you can race super-cars, this should not be one of them. There need to be Volkswagen's, Fords, Honda's, Nissan's. Audi's and a few Beemers for the guys that have too much money, and especially your classic tuners i.e. Toyota Supra, Honda s2000, Nissan Skyline etc. and then just for fun, add some muscle cars, they are always good fun. The SUV's in NFSU2 were completely unnecessary, but in saying that, it was awesome having them there. So add them too.

- Possibly the most important aspect of a racing game, and I cant stress this enough, is car sound. Too many racing games have come and gone with cars sounding like either dirt bikes or fighter jets. Get the sounds rights.

- The importance of vehicle customization is right up there with that of car sound. The NFS series lost the plot with regards to customization after Underground 2 in my opinion. The morphing of sectors in a bumper for example just isn't cool, just put out a big selection of pre-designed bumpers for us to choose from. That's more or less how it works in the real world isn't it? But customization must be more than just sticking a new bumper on. It must be about making your car unique, a 1 of a kind work of art, something you would like to show off to the online community. Allow extensive vinyl creation. If i feel like replicating a nice livery I saw on TV the weekend then I should be able to do that. If i want massive rear tyres and tiny front ones, let me do that (not with morphing, with actual tyres and rims that you have to buy) A nice touch, but not completely necessary would be the ability to customize the interior of your car. If you want a track day car, pull out the interior, fit it with a roll cage and racing seats, if you want an illegal street racer, add a nice steering wheel, custom seats to show off a bit, a massive sound system etc. Everything needs to be customizable - bonnet, doors, bumpers, fenders, spoilers, lips, rims, exhaust tips etc. Along with that, each component of your car that you can see needs to be individually paint-able.

- Performance upgrades need to be vastly different from previous NFS games. Each performance part needs to be individual upgraded or swapped out, and different options such as brands and types need to be offered. Brakes for example, I only have enough money for new disks, but i have to choose between a Ferodo or a Brembo kit, obviously I will buy the cheaper option. Performance parts also need to have a clear effect on the sound the car makes. Different exhaust notes from different types of exhausts, turbos, blow off valves etc. Also give the opportunity to swap out engines from certain models of vehicles and place them in others, a Honda s2000 motor transplanted into a Honda Civic for example.

- The garage where all your vehicle are stored and displayed should also be customizable, this is after all the same thing you're going to see every time you select your car. It should therefore be something you like and something unique. >>

I want the BMW M3 GTR from NFS Most Wanted and the Nissan 350z from NFS Underground 2. The last NFS, Need For Speed Rivals is good, but there aren't a lot of car.. I want in NFS Underground 3 a lot of car like NFS World if possible; a mix between the cars from NFS Underground 2 and NFS Most Wanted and NFS Underground.

I want some race "CCU" like NFSU2, drift, street X, drag, sprint, loop, radar race (I don't know the name of that race in english, in french, it's: Photo Radar).

I already said that that I like the idea of alcatraz5953 about the map, and I think we found that in NFSU2 map, Bayview ! I want the map of Bayview and Rockport, joined by a highway. It's the same than NFS World with Palmont and Rockport, joined by a street. In bayview, the police will be simple ford crown victoria, but in Rockport, there is the police of NFS Most Wanted: Heat level 1 and 2: Ford crown victoria Heat level 3 and 4: pontiac GTO Heat level 5 and 6: corvette C6 and Sergeant Cross

I want an history, the following of NFSU2, and that involve the history of NFS Most Wanted.

Mutliplayer:

I want a multiplayer with some race and that we can drive in the open world, I want the race where we must be to 300m from our opponent to win.

Tempyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tempyy

Here is my Need For Speed '15 wishlist. Basically what Ghost needs to "build".

-100-150+ cars. Mix of old/new, tuners/muscles/exotics, iconic cars/stuff we might not expect. I will let you get away with taking the car lists of all the NFS games and combining them, and then adding some newer (or older) cars that haven't made appearances in the franchise yet. That way we get as many different cars as possible. Don't hesitate to add cars. Also, make them sound good. Don't make 10 engine sounds and spread them out to 150+ cars. Make at least 75-ish. Maybe add racing cars that resemble road cars such as the Audi R8 LMS or BMW Z4 GT3, but don't put F1 cars in a Need for Speed.

-An important thing to me is balancing the cars. 6 tiers is what I prefer (Use The Run's tiers for structure or inspiration since those were excellent for the most part). Make sure each and every car has a fighting chance against other cars in it's own tier. Basically, give cars different strengths and weaknesses. DO NOT **** THIS UP AND END UP WITH A RANDOM SELECTION OF OVERPOWERED CARS. Now, because some people may prefer to stick with a lower-end car in Tier 1-3 (RX-7, Scirocco, Challenger, '69 Boss 302, Supra, Coxster/Cayman, or my personal favorite, the Alfa Brera, etc.), I have devised a thing where instead of spending money on a high end Tier 4-6 car (458, Aventador, Henessey Venom, etc), you can use said money to upgrade said low-end car to the performance of the higher-tier cars, so you can take on the guys in McLarens and Koenigseggs and win with your Evo or Mustang if you choose, or buy a nice Zonda or Carrera GT if that's what you prefer. This also prevents you from being restricted to only being able to race cars in your own tier, so you can race a Ferrari with your Skyline. Upgrading and car stats work like this. Similar to MW/Carbon, have different parts (Engine, Transmission, you get the idea) and 'packages' (Street, Pro, Race, maybe more like Track, Competition, Ultimate, etc since there's alot of upgrading to be done in this game.) You SHALL be able to tune the parts (tuning Nos for velocity, tires for grip, that stuff). You can tune your car for drifting if you want to make a sexy drift montage, or even for off-roading if that's what you like. The stats I prefer to be visible (in good ol' bars) are top speed, acceleration, handling, and nitrous. Durability/weight and ability to drift are optional.

-Customization. First, make it optional so that people with Alfa 8Cs and Aston One-77s do not have to customize if they want to appreciate the beauty of their cars, but everyone else can put still lots of stuff on their rides. I do not want customization to get in the way of progression. But I do want it to be deep. The ability to create your own body kit by mixing bumpers, skirts, headlight covers, etc., would be great. Autosculpt might as well be implemented but again, don't force people to go through the trouble if they don't want to. Have rims, spoilers, roof scoops, hoods, all that stuff, with the versatility I was talking about with the body kits. Have different types of paint (Metallic, Matte, Chrome, Iridescent, the lot) and for pearlescent paintjobs, maybe have the gradient system from (I can't believe I'm saying this) Rivals. The ability to choose from factory colors and the option to paint individual body panels is a good idea. Window Tints, Ride Height, and MORE THAN SEVEN RIM COLORS are also must-haves, and then there's vinyls. Basically have a massive selection and a detailed editor (NFS World actually has a pretty good vinyl editor, but we can still do better than that). Look at Forza if you still need inspiration. And finally, you can customize your license plate. What about neons and spinners and all that flashy Fast & Furious stuff? Well, the customization does not need to flashy or over-the-top, it should just be versatile and diverse like ProStreet, so I say it isn't necessary.

-Now, onto the driving model. The Run had a good driving model in my opinion, so we will basically use that. Well, either that or The Run mixed with the Underground-era driving model. No Criterion Bullshit necessary. Drifting takes skill and getting used to the car, but you do get a small nitrous reward for drifting sucessfully without killing yourself. When you crash, it should be something like HD-era GTA (it isn't a racer obviously but perhaps with some tweaks the crashing could work for a game like NFS). If you hit Optimus Prime's truck mode at 220mph, MAYBE have some sort of drama. But do not have a 5-second cutscene. Maybe like 1.5 seconds. At the most. **** you Craig.

-For the map, we're obviously mixing urban and rural here with a day/night cycle and dynamic weather. Great, now make it huge and diverse. Some ideas for the city part include a downtown area that lights up with neon lights at night sorta like the Tokyo track from Asphalt 8, as well as a financial district, a beach/resort area filled with modern houses connected to a coastal road, and industrial area, Chinatown, Little Italy, a Vegas area, and a big-ass highway. The sketchy areas underneath the highways should have some road (They'd be perfect for some illegal street racing culture cutscenes and race starts at night). Just make the city diverse and not just buildings. Make the country a diverse place as well. A mountain road inspired by the Stelvio Pass or Transfăgărășan, a snowy, icy Colorado place, a coastal road as I mentioned earlier, a desert, several canyons like in Carbon, some forest passes, and an area inspired by Yosemite National Park would be nice. Having lots of offroad trails that would be connected in some sort of network would be awesome for rally style racing.

-Progression and Career mode go like this. You start with a Tier 1 car, obviously. You can choose between a Tuner, Muscle, or Exotic like in Carbon, but the class you choose at the start of the game does not restrict you to cars of that class, it just allows you to unlock different cars faster. If you choose Exotic, you unlock Exotics and high-end cars easier (when you get to the point where you'll be using high-end cars), while with Tuner and Muscle, you unlock Tuners and Muscles (respectively) as well as better performance parts easier, since Tiers 4-6 are mostly made up of Exotics. You can buy cars with money (Not SpeedPoints) once they are unlocked, as well as sell them for more cash. You go to the menu and select races from a map that tells you everything about the race (Length, difficulty, reward, restrictions, time of day, weather, etc.). You progress through the career mode by taking over territory like in Carbon and making your way up a Blacklist like in Most Wanted. Perhaps have 15 major territories (I know that's a lot, but some can be smaller than others), with each one owned by a crew led by a Blacklist member. You win races to gain territory, which earns you rep. You can also gain rep from police pursuits. You can choose to only race instead of do pursuits or vice versa, but it's encouraged to try both. The crew system from Carbon also makes a return and works pretty much the same (you get new crew members from defeating enemy crews or progressing through the game, the crew members help you in races). You eventually get to the point where the Blacklist member challenges you and you get a shot at taking over their turf. You don't have to win every single race to beat the #1 Guy and win the game, but you need to win at least 85% of them to get to where he is. This way you can have a ton of races in the story mode, but players can choose which races they want to play in order to unlock stuff and progress through the game. The Career alone MUST provide at least 30 hours of gameplay, with some bonus stuff to unlock by completing extra races/tasks after beating the story.

-There might as well be a story. However, keep it restrained and simple like in the Underground Era/The Run. I'm not asking for a super deep story with character development and shit (a bit of character development would be nice, but don't try too hard to include it). You can basically make it about a street racer (the player) who comes to some county place with a big metropolis in the middle that's filled with street racing 24/7. The player decides to become the most notorious and powerful racer in the area by going up the blacklist and taking over land. The player, the chick who helps you, a main antagonist, a bunch of bosses, and perhaps a guy who seeming helps you but then turns out to be either an rival racer or an undercover cop/bounty hunter are all the characters needed. Use CG cutscenes like in The Run and other modern games. NO FAKE YOUTUBE CUTSCENES.

-Police Pursuits should be in the game, but do it right. I like to be able to cruise around in Free Roam peacefully, so to start a chase, you can start one from the menu like in Most Wanted. There are 6 Heat Levels. The overall difficulty of the pursuits should be around MW2005, so no cops with dumbass AI like in Undercover or Burnout Paradise: Most Wanted, or cops with broken OP weapons like Rivals.The cops don't have EMPs or anything stupid, but as you increase your heat level, they use tactics such as roadblocks, spikes, helicopters (to track you down), Rhino SUVs/ SWAT Vans, and faster interceptors (I'd prefer if they started in Crown Vics but they eventually send Corvettes/something comparable, then Aventadors/something comparable, then Venom GTs/you get it by now). You can disable cop cars using Pursuit Breakers or by heavily damaging them (Possibly include a health bar system, but only show the bars when you ram the cops, not all the time, so it looks less stupid) You earn bounty for infractions, and your bounty in the chase is also used to increase your Heat Level. If you escape, you get away with your bounty and you can split it into a Rep bonus and a cash reward for your hard work. If you busted, you lose everything, and some of your money. On a seperate note, having racers that are actually undercover cops occasionally join your races in Career (and in Quick Race and Multiplayer if you allow it) would be dope.

-Game modes include Sprint, Circuit, Drag, Elimination, Lap Knockout, Speedtrap, Time Trial/Checkpoint/Tollbooth, and Hot Pursuits. The Hot Pursuits (or any part of the game for that matter) do NOT involve "powers" (pursuit tech). It's just a long race where cops are after you. The other race modes should be self-explanatory for the most part.

-A Challenge Series providing an additional 3+ hours of gameplay. Each challenge is restricted to a certain tier. You can use any car in stock form from that tier, or use custom cars from your career or the 'My Cars' feature. If you have a sufficiently upgraded car, you may be able to use that as well. The Challenge Series should encourage using a variety of different cars, though.

-Soundtrack. Take the different types of soundtrack we've had in the series over the years and clump it together. This basically means having a good mix of 90's techno from the "roots" games, the hip-hop from the Underground era, some metal like in good Most Wanted, modern EDM like in the new games, and some other random songs (like the Spanish rap song that was in The Run)

-Online (and LAN) Multiplayer works like this. You can select options (tier, game mode, a bunch of other stuff) that will get you into a certain room or just set those options to 'Any' and let the game throw you into a room if you choose. You can invite friends into your lobby, and show off your cars. You then select the car you're actually gonna use, vote for a route, then you're literally off to the races.

-NO ALLDRIVE BULLSHIT AT ALL. I don't care how cool it sounds on paper, no one likes AllDrive. It is completely broken in the first place, and completely unnecessary as long as you have good Multiplayer. Which you won't with Alldrive.

-Split Screen. Put it in the fucking game. We all love split screen, we don't love passing the controller around nearly as much. So add a split screen mode.

-Car sharing system similar to Forza. Basically, allow players to upload custom cars they feel proud of and show them off, with the ability to buy it for a specific cost in Career mode(I feel it should be based on the value of the car, visual parts, and upgrades, rather than having douchebags charge ridiculous prices, but have an option to give it away for free).

-Photo Mode. Shut up, I like taking pictures of my cars. Basically take the photo mode from Hot Pursuit 2010/The Run and probably add the ability to open/close the hoods and doors. That's all you need to do.

-60 FPS. Why not. It will stop people from complaining, that's for sure. Just make the PC port.... better than Rivals' PC port. A lot better.

-Wheel Support. Some people like to use steering wheels.

-Whatever you do, do NOT use Frostbite 3 or Frostbite 4 or Frostbite 9000 or whatever. Stop forcing a racing game studio in charge of a long-running, (sort of) highly sucessful racing franchise to use the engine from your CoD competitor franchise. After playing Rivals I wouldn't exactly praise Frostbite 3's capabilities.

That's basically my ideal Need For Speed. Take notes Ghost.

(Not written by me.)

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#13 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

If there was one kickstarter game i would fund, it would be this (even though i hate kickstarter). EA should get their thumbs out of their ass and just make it!

NoxRainbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 NoxRainbow
Member since 2014 • 36 Posts

Need for Speed Underground 2 was amazing, so much fun and immense possibilities. I'd like to have that back with 2014 like graphics and cars. Not as the last NFS games, where it is really less car customization possibilities. Some new racing modes, small innovative ideas, lots of things to customize and a nice world and I'd be absolutely pleased.

Avatar image for infinty_intrcpt
Infinty_Intrcpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Infinty_Intrcpt

I agree with most of this page. This is my first post here so, hope you enjoy!

Myself, I prefer the good old NFSUG2 style games. I believe the future of the series should include....

Custimization: All of the missing elements like Body kits, millions of paint colors, spinners, rims, spoilers, undergrow neon window tint ect. Horn frequency should be added. Cars SUV and trucks should have the option for a ramming bar and finally the ability to change the ride hight

-One cool idea would to have a setting or game mode where, you could turn on and off the UG2 style system. This would benfit both types of NFS fans the TUNERS (like myself) and, the ones who love to keep everything stock for a simulation game.

Cars I believe their should be tiers. SUV's should also be included.---> Also their should be a seprate pickup truck class How about include 150 cars or more Add some new and old ones Please add more SUV's like for example the Range Rover Sport, Cadillac Escalade and maybe the Hummer H1 (also all 3 big American Brands) Also they should keep some old SUV's ones like the missed Hummer H3 The truck class should have the 3 american brand trucks and, a Toyota Pickup to make things intresting

Each Tier should be able to include multiple cars You should be able to purchase all of them in Career mode if you choose to - There should be convertibles with the option to put the top up, down or stay the way it is not -Preformance upgrades with chooseable options (Like in Undercover and bellow)

Progression: -Win races -Battle cops (Optional should be a setting that can be turned on and off while in a race or out of a race) -Earn Money -

Gameplay... -Free roam (Single player and multiplayer)--> This has been missing for awhile. Make (Option for with or without cops) Free Roam should be Single player - A tuning career mode(Customize car and be rated on the UG2 star system) and, a regular career mode (No star system) -Multiplayer is seprate from career mode -To make the people that love playng onlne happy, there should be a free roam multiplayer option too with the capacity of having a private lobby for you and a couple of friends - A basic storyline (just like someone else said earler)

Onlne Multiplayer -Ranked in different tiers to stop trollers (eg. like in Rivials when driving a Porsche Boxster car and, getting trolled by a Bugatti cop - races with cops and other races without (Special lobbies)

Controls: Abiity to change song on keyboard/controler/wheel Ablity to honk horn (Eg from MW 2012)

Enviorment Day night option with ability to choose a certain time and freeze it or, have it regular just like in Hot Pursuit 2010 A mix of straight, curvy and highway roads Different shops just like UG2 A offroad enviorment in additon to the paved ones for drifting and having fun too

Splitscreen should be re-introduced needs a race mode with or without cops

Overall, NFS has fallen down hill since Most Wanted 2005. It has had its ups and downs too. My last favorite game was suprisingly Hot Pursuit 2010. I condidered that game a good driving simulator and even though I am a tuner, I could relate to the other side of the NFS wheel the stock racers. As a tuner racer, I hope this will be the shining star in the lineup and, will be remembered for generations to remember. Also, by the way, Tunng still exists. I see it all the time ranging from jacked up picups to ricers and finally muscle cars. I can admit it is not as common as the Fast and Furious age but, tons of people out their still love it! Hopefully EA can get it right this time!

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

i think that there will be no underground 3, because its been 10 years since the release of underground 2 and its been too long,

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Uhm..... What about good racing Physics ?

Infact thats all I want from EA's racing developers, Good physics, none of their racing games have them, not a single one. Its why When I dropped out of the franchise I just never came back, I accidentily stumbled on to some games that are better to play....

I'm not a big fan of performance customization since that can only end in unbalanced disaster.

chrismasmorey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 chrismasmorey
@alcatraz5953 said:

The thing is though, vehicle tuning is still huge world wide, it may not necessarily be in the form of a Fast n Furious movie, or in the gaming scene. That is the problem, people still want to be able to tune their cars, and the concept of underground was fun, it gave you the opportunity to be a hooligan on the streets. But everybody has their own opinions, I still however feel the NFS series has not been good since underground

Agree with this and pretty much everything you have said in the original post, I registered on Gamespot just to add my support. NFSU and NFSU2 were definitely the best of the bunch, and if an Underground 3 were made it should be an enhancement of the originals.

First off, none of the flashy supercar stuff. A large mix of cheaper new/old cars is a must, including classic tuners like the Supra, RX7 and Skyline and some muscle cars. I would not be annoyed at all if a large amount of the cars in NFSU2 were used again. This would take things back to the original underground games, and when I think of customising cars I don't just think of the latest model. I'm not against a few luxury cars like the Lexus LS400 (and other VIP style cars) and SUVs - I didn't use them much in NFSU2 but it was a cool option in customisation. I don't really care if they drive like a boat, that's pretty much what they are.

Customisation: see previous posts about being able to customise everything. I can and have spend hours just customising cars in NFS.

Complete open world on a large map is another definite must. That kept me playing NFSU2 for so long, driving around between events/shops and getting happily distracted along the way with lots of cool areas to discover. The canyons in Carbon were fun but being able to drive around on the NFSU2 winding roads in free roam was awesome.

Free roam option without cops is something I've seen a couple of times in above posts, agree completely but in career mode I think having cops is better.

Online racing with tiers should be implemented, so that you race cars with similar performance to your own. Having meets in car lots to start a race is a sick concept that I had never thought of. Thanks @alcatraz5953.

SPLIT SCREEN. Need I say anything? Include it. Fully customisable with laps/cops/players, heck even a track creator component using the existing map would be cool. Multiplayer drift PLEASE, the multilevel carpark drifts in NFSU2 were awesome, and should be fairly easy to customise.

If it sounds like I want a revision of NFSU2 it's probably because I do. NFSU2 was pretty much a revision of NFSU with some cool extras, and ideally I would love NFSU3 to carry that trend. For those who say the era that created those games is over, so what if the latest Fast and Furious doesn't have cheap cars with neon and vinyl graphics everywhere. The underground games were awesome - best in the series as many have said, and I want the next NFS game to be similar. I'll be honest, if it's not I probably won't be buying it.

OkaySpiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 OkaySpiderman

Here's What I want:

1. Variety of cars. I want both weak cars like a Ford Focus and I want Lambo's. What I think is that the better your car is, the less performance upgrades that can be put on it. Like how in NFSMW where a Lambo could only get Ultimate packages, but the other way around. Instead a Lambo should only be able to use weak Street upgrade packages. If the car is REALLY good, it won't have any performace upgrades at all. Anyway, back to the variety of cars. I don't just want a 2015 Mustang GT, I want other years, like 1985, 2004, 2009, and 1967. But I don't want a bunch of GT'S, so maybe a few can be GT'S, the 2009 can be a GT/CS, the 2004 can be a Mach 1, the 1967 can be a Shelby. I think this would be great.

2. Improved version of the paint and vinyl system from Prostreet. We all know Prostreet sucked (I liked it though), but the vinyls and paint system were cool. The improvements should be 1. Better control with what can be put on a window or not, such as a setting for Window, Car, or both, 2. Being able to color mirrors, and 3. Larger max vinyl limit.

3. Tri-city. The tri-city would be great because the world would be familiar and HUGE. This could also be used to break the game into stages.

4. Better walls. This is nit-picking, but transparent walls with either moving arrows or a lock don't look very nice. If the area is locked, they should be blocked off with a construction site, and like someone else said (not sure if it was the same forum), the races should be blocked off with cars or something like that.

5. Tuning to the MAX. We should have the fine tuning of Shift and Prostreet, with the dyno and track of UG2.

6. TONS of body parts. We all know the rice fad with the neon and spinners is over, but that's no excuse to get rid of customization. I want body kits, spoilers, and stuff like that. Ghost should add tons of old customization options back, like changing your speedometer on the GUI. People say NFS doesn't need customization, but it does. Without customization, I can't look at my car and say, "Yep, this is my car," it's a boring car, even if it is a supercar.

7. LAN without using Origin.

8. TONS of race types. Checkpoints, street X's, speedtraps, drag, drift, outruns from UG2, anything.

9. Better police cars. This is based off the police from MW: Replace Cruisers with Ford Crown Victorias, replace all undercover units with something else (maybe civic undercover cruisers can be replaced with 1985 Mustangs?), and maybe make high heat levels contain high end muscle cars other than a Corvette as if they were drug cars.

10. Long storyline. Carbon had a cool storyline, but was way too short. Maybe take the Carbon storyline with the territories, but put more bosses.

That's it.

Avatar image for theguitarguy321
theguitarguy321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#20 theguitarguy321
Member since 2010 • 64 Posts

Now don't get me wrong, the 1st NFS:Underground wasn't bad(Keep in mind I never got a chance to play Underground 2, but I've seen the gameplay). I personally just don't see why people love this game so much. Honestly, Most Wanted(2005) and Carbon where much better. But I do like your ideas, alcatraz5953.

speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 speedfreak48t5p

Underground 3 will never be made, it's over. Time to move on.

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22 torenojohn7
Member since 2012 • 551 Posts

IMHO the next game should just be a hybrid of the original Most wanted and Underground..

Eckstacee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Eckstacee

Unfortunately EA decided to have Criterion/Ghost develop their racing games and they simply recycle the horrendous physics engine from Burnout and have turned any NFS game into an arcade style driver instead of a racing game.

It sounds like most of you want a revamp of NFS:World from what i am hearing, which I did love until they stopped listening to vehicle requests, and my wallet got tired of handing over free money to a crap developer... They also did not renew their licensing with Honda... how can you have a racing game without an NSX? Makes no sense to me... but if I could have my wish list for the game, I would basically want NFS:World with more vehicles and a solid SP mode instead of all multiplayer. Those mods are expensive in NFS:World...

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#24 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@theguitarguy321 said:

Now don't get me wrong, the 1st NFS:Underground wasn't bad(Keep in mind I never got a chance to play Underground 2, but I've seen the gameplay). I personally just don't see why people love this game so much. Honestly, Most Wanted(2005) and Carbon where much better. But I do like your ideas, alcatraz5953.

They were awesome games with multiple different modes which were all fun. The progression of tuning the cars was awesome, and not to mention the customization. The game is outstanding and it deserves a sequel

MJHogains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MJHogains

Damn!

When I say that this is the perfect game...(besides adding SUV's) haha I am not exaggerating at all!

This is almost exactly what me and my friend have talked about when we talk about this game being released!

Everything else that I read was spot on with what they need to do, Of course me and my friend have expanded on some of your great ideas that we have read and think that this could be "Racing Perfection."

Well done.

-Marlon H.

JeffNShabz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JeffNShabz

My thoughts are if EA would invest in a crappy game like Most Wanted 2012 why wont they just risk and invest in a Underground 3, No one can possibly know if it would be successful or not but every NFS-related forum ive been in someone would always bring up the topic for a UG3 game. I personally think EA should just take that risk and learn from the experience. If UG3 would be successful keep continuing that squeal, if its not successful drop it permanently.

The NFS franchise keeps changing and from what ive found out none of them ever sold as much as Underground and Underground 2. Maybe it is because street racing and tuning japaneses cars were popular back then but who knows right? But im a car-guy and i know for a fact that customizing a car from performance to visual to make a car "MY CAR" is still popular world wide. Why wont EA just bring back that underground scene?

Ive played every NFS game every released till date and the only ones i really enjoyed were Hot Pursuit 2, Underground, Underground 2, Most Wanted 2005, Carbon, Pro Street and Undercover. Those games were actually fun to play in there own way. I HATE this obsessive multiplayer-chose between a cop or racer-no storyline-realistic graphic BS.

alcatraz5953

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 alcatraz5953
@mjhogains said:

Damn!

When I say that this is the perfect game...(besides adding SUV's) haha I am not exaggerating at all!

This is almost exactly what me and my friend have talked about when we talk about this game being released!

Everything else that I read was spot on with what they need to do, Of course me and my friend have expanded on some of your great ideas that we have read and think that this could be "Racing Perfection."

Well done.

-Marlon H.

I thank you @mjhogains

It is great to see all the positive and constructive comments. Most of the ideas that are popping up are also pretty damn awesome.

We need to get this 'blog' and others like it out there so that the world, and EA will be forced to see it and realise that this is the game players want. We don't want some crappy Burnout lookalike, we want NFSU3.

I just want to thank all you guys for taking the time to read this article, and an even bigger thank you to all the guys that commented. True champions. Keep to comments coming, we can never have to many ideas.

NFUS3 FTW

Xisiuizado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Xisiuizado
Member since 2014 • 592 Posts

@alcatraz5953 said:

Judging by the amount of times this article was read versus the comments posted on it, I'm assuming that either:

a) the community doesn't have any more ideas

b) the community doesn't like these ideas

c) the community doesn't care about NFSU4 (which I know is not true)

Come on guys, if we want this game, we need to start making the effort get it out there and start making a noise about it.

Many of us don't care for the NFSU games. I played the first one and thought it was just "meh." I was surprised that the series has a following. Plus, saying that various NFS games stink will turn off potential commenters. I liked Hot Pursuit. It wasn't nearly as good as its PS2 predecessor, but it was fun enough for an arcade racer.

speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By speedfreak48t5p

Yeah, I don't care for the attitude that the underground fans have. *I hate that this game is different than the ones I like the most, so it's horrible*

@eckstacee said:

Unfortunately EA decided to have Criterion/Ghost develop their racing games and they simply recycle the horrendous physics engine from Burnout and have turned any NFS game into an arcade style driver instead of a racing game.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p: good nice gif see that lighten up ppl make jokes n shit

alcatraz5953

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By alcatraz5953

@speedfreak48t5p: Although I completely disagree, I have to admit that I had a good chuckle at the gif lol...

Well played sir

Avatar image for deactivated-58270bc086e0d
deactivated-58270bc086e0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

#32 deactivated-58270bc086e0d
Member since 2006 • 2317 Posts

@alcatraz5953: Do we want though? Underground 2 was created in a time when EA was a good company. Those days are long gone. Maybe we should stick with our memories? They at least won't disappoint us massively unless you are a schizophrenic.

4Greece

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By 4Greece
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Guys, NFSU3 will never exist because the community simply doesn't have any more ideas.

Actually, what y'all want is a better graphics, better cars, better customization, better this, better that, NFSU !!

You don't have ideas. If there was a super nice idea based around tuning cars then it would be different. How about mixing GTA with NFSU ? I'm not saying you could go and start killing everyone on the street but you could control your character, go to a mechanics shop and actually see yourself tuning various parts of the engine and all this shit. It needs to have a plot. It needs to develop around car tuning. Maybe a mechanics student with a project car. I don't know. Just something other than the "i wake up, start driving my Nissan skyline and go drift on an empty street somewhere in the mountains" approach.

: )

ivo_ree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34  Edited By ivo_ree
Member since 2014 • 121 Posts

@alcatraz5953:

You're right, they should focus less on very expensive super cars and focus more on cars which are most common among individuals.

aramsey3121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By aramsey3121

NFSU2 has to be my all-time favorite game, so yes EA definitely should put out NFSU3

It should have everything from NFSU2 races, photoshoots, freeworld, and all the other stuff imissed. I also agree that they should make it so where you can feel the difference between different (brand) parts you could install, and of course expand the amount of vehivles and customization features in the game.

But the driving mechanics should be the SAME EXACT mechanics from NFS Shift (which was the best NFS driving wise) Not Shift 2

NO COPS THOUGH

Only super cars should be the nsx, 3000gt vr4, f40, and mabey the mclaren f1. But they could be dlc or something

nitroxi247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By nitroxi247

Here is a thought

A mix of 2 games street legal and nfsu2

( I believe street legal was only on PC and wasn't that big)

The idea is to modify your car in a lot more detail ( if you have played street legal you may know what I'm on about )

Example take the pug 206 from nfs yes it's small and slow but if you had a choice to go to the garage and take the thing apart bit by bit from the air intake to the spark plugs...... hell change the engine from a small 4 cylinder to a v6 and build it back up you would have a whole different animal

Plus as some one said have all the usual events but have ones for the day time and all the crazy illegal stuff at night. You would be on to a winner

NFS_nahom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By NFS_nahom

I hope someone in EA reads this article this is what people need in a racing game!

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Necro Thread.... And People want Titties, pure and simple

BladeMan69er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BladeMan69er

@alcatraz5953: OMG I think I've found my evil twin lol. No but seriously I agree with EVERYTHING that you are saying. Racing games now are complete rubbish. It seems like EA pushes NFS games out now without taking time to really make a true masterpiece. I couldn't tell you how much I miss NFS underground 2. It had almost everything that anybody could ever ask for. Like wtf happened to games now? Seems like their aimed for little kids now, with all the unrealistic sh*t it in em.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

Don't bump old threads please.

Thank you.