N64 controls compared to Wii Virtual Console controls?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

matthayter700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 matthayter700
Member since 2004 • 2606 Posts

Earlier this afternoon in the thread about Zelda OoT on N64 and Wii VC, where someone said something about people being used to the N64 controls and there being a transition to Wii VC controls; in there, I mentioned the following;

I don't have a Wii but I have an N64 and I want to know what the translation is between the controls on the N64 and the equivalent controls on the Wii VC controller.

After adding that I figured I'd make a separate thread about it. So, which buttons on the N64 would translate to which buttons on the Wii VC? (EDIT: Or Gamecube controller, if that can be used in place of the Wii VC, I wouldn't know; I just want to know for myself what either transition would be, though preferably both...)

Dragonblade01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Dragonblade01
Member since 2004 • 5747 Posts
Well, the N64 had a very unique control layout, so trying to adapt it to the virtual console controller can be difficult
Ravenprose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ravenprose
Member since 2007 • 418 Posts
I've found that the Gamecube controller works the best for all N64 VC games. I can't stand using the Clas-sic controller for those games, but it takes almost no time to get used to playing N64 games with the GC controller. In fact, I prefer using the GC controller to the original N64 controller!
matthayter700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 matthayter700
Member since 2004 • 2606 Posts

This isn't really what I waslooking for. I meant, as in, which buttons on Wii VC (or the Gamecube controller in whatever instance) are equivalent to which buttons on N64? As in, "button A on N64 would be what on Wii VC?" etc...

Ravenprose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ravenprose
Member since 2007 • 418 Posts

Well, for Zelda OoT the N64 controls map like this to the GC controller:

A = A

B = B

Z = Left trigger

Analog stick = Left Analog stick

C=buttons = C-stick

Also, the Y, X, and Z buttons on the GC controller are the same as pressing LEFT, RIGHT, and DOWN on the C-STICK or C-buttons.

I'm pretty sure it's the same on the Clas-sic controller too.