My thoughts on Watch Dogs.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DeusVex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DeusVex
Member since 2014 • 294 Posts

I never played the first Assassin's Creed, I jumped in with the release of the brilliant AC2 and while I hear AC1 was a good game, I also understand it had it's fair share of issues. I would like to hope that Watch Dogs plays out like that for it's sequel because the potential for this brand is limitless. I personally had a good time with Watch Dogs. I have always been more of a Splinter Cell fan than most, so the idea of playing a hacker themed GTA/Splinter Cell hybrid sounded like a dream come true. On paper it sounds like a great idea, but they failed to really take the concepts of either games (Splinter Cell, GTA) and take them to new heights. That being said I still had a great time with the game and I hope the sequel really takes it to another level like Ubi did with AC2. They have the opportunity to build a game that takes the opposite direction of the GTA series, that as a whole is based around humor and goofiness and infuse it with their own style, Ubi-Juice, or whatever you want to call it. I personally would love to see the sequel take on a very dark and twisted sci-fi noir feel wih a cast of interesting characters straight out of Johnny Mnemonic, Ghost in The Shell, and maybe even a bit of Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Characters that can bring the techno-espionage-thriller feel to life, and who knows? Maybe even take a little inspiration from The Matrix and Inception with a "is this really real?" feel to it. The 'Focus' perk would defiantly take on whole new property that's for sure. Speaking of which, gameplay wise I would want them to take everything for "on-foot' from Splinter Cell Blacklist and EVOLVE it. Not devolve it like they did for watch dogs(better 'on-foot' than GTA though.) Stealth could have been a LOT better and Blacklist should be the very MINIMUM bar they aim for at the very least. Blacklist may not have been very memorable story wise, but it damn sure had the best stealth/action gameplay of any game before it. As far as the 'vehicle sections' well......just make the damn cars handle better. It's not rocket-science.

What do you think? Where would you like to see the inevitable sequel go?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#2 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@deusvex said:

I never played the first Assassin's Creed, I jumped in with the release of the brilliant AC2 and while I hear AC1 was a good game, I also understand it had it's fair share of issues. I would like to hope that Watch Dogs plays out like that for it's sequel because the potential for this brand is limitless. I personally had a good time with Watch Dogs. I have always been more of a Splinter Cell fan than most, so the idea of playing a hacker themed GTA/Splinter Cell hybrid sounded like a dream come true. On paper it sounds like a great idea, but they failed to really take the concepts of either games (Splinter Cell, GTA) and take them to new heights. That being said I still had a great time with the game and I hope the sequel really takes it to another level like Ubi did with AC2. They have the opportunity to build a game that takes the opposite direction of the GTA series, that as a whole is based around humor and goofiness and infuse it with their own style, Ubi-Juice, or whatever you want to call it. I personally would love to see the sequel take on a very dark and twisted sci-fi noir feel wih a cast of interesting characters straight out of Johnny Mnemonic, Ghost in The Shell, and maybe even a bit of Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Characters that can bring the techno-espionage-thriller feel to life, and who knows? Maybe even take a little inspiration from The Matrix and Inception with a "is this really real?" feel to it. The 'Focus' perk would defiantly take on whole new property that's for sure. Speaking of which, gameplay wise I would want them to take everything for "on-foot' from Splinter Cell Blacklist and EVOLVE it. Not devolve it like they did for watch dogs(better 'on-foot' than GTA though.) Stealth could have been a LOT better and Blacklist should be the very MINIMUM bar they aim for at the very least. Blacklist may not have been very memorable story wise, but it damn sure had the best stealth/action gameplay of any game before it. As far as the 'vehicle sections' well......just make the damn cars handle better. It's not rocket-science.

What do you think? Where would you like to see the inevitable sequel go?

Max sales of Watch dogs was last i heard around 4.5mill in retail/DD so i doubt we are going to see another Watch Dogs but you can never tell, its a established IP now and they are still making DLC for it so ubisoft might release a sequel in 2-3 years or they might surprise everyone and next year´s E3 will have WD2.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Played it on pc and was super disapointed. Sleeping dogs ran and looked better then it and that games a few years old.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Those are alot of thoughts.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#5 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

Played, enjoyed it, still playing it. Interesting but average story, but great mechanics for gameplay and open world shenanigans. Love the hacking mechanics and how creative you can get with each possible encounter. Car physics needed work, but overall an engaging game from start to finish.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6  Edited By Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

It's boring as shit, and the best part about the game was how well they advertised it.

mgools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By mgools
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

My thoughts on Watch Dogs....It stunk. The End!

Gamer_4_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#8  Edited By Gamer_4_Fun
Member since 2008 • 3862 Posts

I think Watch Dogs got boring incredibly fast. The problem is, the mission design and structures rarely made you use your hacking skills as a awesome method of accomplishing tasks,nor did the game particularly made you feel any awesome when performing hacks because it was as simple as pressing a single button. The missions towards the end felt way more guns and car chases than utilizing covert ops and making you feel like a spy or a hacker. This series has a huge potential, if Ubisoft play their cards straight and pull off an Assassin's Creed 2 like sequel, we are in for a treat. Then again, I just don't have much faith in Ubisoft these days, hope I am wrong though.

I_Return

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By I_Return
Member since 2014 • 873 Posts

@Gamer_4_Fun said:

I think Watch Dogs got boring incredibly fast. The problem is, the mission design and structures rarely made you use your hacking skills as a awesome method of accomplishing tasks,nor did the game particularly made you feel any awesome when performing hacks because it was as simple as pressing a single button. The missions towards the end felt way more guns and car chases than utilizing covert ops and making you feel like a spy or a hacker. This series has a huge potential, if Ubisoft play their cards straight and pull off an Assassin's Creed 2 like sequel, we are in for a treat. Then again, I just don't have much faith in Ubisoft these days, hope I am wrong though.

Ubisoft has the best ideas but when it comes to their implementations, they frigging suck. My only complaint with Watch_Dogs was how similar it was to other UBi IPs. The Mission design and structure was bad basically because it was more a copy-pasted idea than an entirely new thing.

Maybe we can just wait for a sequel to see how they set things right..

Gamer_4_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#10 Gamer_4_Fun
Member since 2008 • 3862 Posts

Well, like I said, if you played one ubisoft games, you played them all really.

heguain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 282

User Lists: 35

#11 heguain
Member since 2007 • 1433 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Those are alot of thoughts.