My Review Of E3 2015

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

This is going to be my personal opinion of all the conferences and games that were shown during E3. I am going to critique what I, personally, liked and not necessarily what was good for the console or in general. I am going to go through the games that I liked the most and which got me most excited during E3. I am also going to rate each conference by what appealed to me.

Bethesda:

Bethesda started the whole show by firing off a big opening salvo with the reveal of DOOM. It wasn’t just some sort of teaser, they showed off almost 20 minutes of gameplay. They also revealed modding/map maker content coming with the game next year. The gunplay seemed tight with shotguns taking center stage and the chainsaw making a return in the series. It also seemed to be very similar to the old Doom, with gory graphics and updated graphics. Dishonored 2 also made its debut with a pre-rendered CGI trailer that didn’t do a whole lot for me, as it doesn’t really show the game itself. It only tells the setting of the game and introduces the characters. The announcement of Dishonored 1 for the new consoles and PC, also doesn’t really do much for me. I know a lot of people were looking forward to Fallout 4, but I didn’t have that much hype for it myself. It looks to be a solid game, and I hope they can get rid of the bugs that Bethesda is so known for in their games. I would say that it was a solid conference, with no nonsense and a straight forward approach.

Verdict: 7/10

Microsoft:

Microsoft showed off footage of their biggest upcoming titles, but to me it felt like more of the same. It was Halo 5, Fable Legends, Forza 6, Gears of War 4 (and the Ultimate Collection) and last, but not least, Rise of The Tomb Raider. Tomb Raider is only a timed exclusive though, and will eventually be coming to other platforms. You had a new IP in Recore, but it was only a cinematic trailer for the game (albeit one that showed off the principle mechanic). You had a F2P game in Gigantic and Rainbow Six Siege, now with more flash bangs. The only game that actually interested me was Cuphead, which looked unique and refreshing. The biggest announcements Microsoft had weren’t actually games, but options for the console. Backwards compatibility was a big thing, and then you had the demo of the Hololens using Minecraft. The demo was amazing to look at, and blew my mind. The thing that gave me a bad taste in my mouth was that the field of view was later revealed to be much more narrow than Microsoft showed it. The Backwards compatibility doesn’t really phase me, as I still have my 360. The console also still has problems with older games, dipping under 20 frames with Mass Effect, so unless the performance issues with each game are ironed out, my expectations are tempered.

The only thing that actually got me the most excited game was the gameplay shown for Rise of the Tomb Raider and Cuphead. Both of those you can get on other platforms however.

Verdict: 4/10

EA:

The biggest mixed bag of E3 was EA. They finally showed off Mass Effect 4, now Mass Effect: Andromeda. They showed off the feel of the game, the Mako, space travel and combat. It’s what I expected a Mass Effect trailer to be, and it excited me for what they’re doing with the series. The new Need For Speed also fulfilled the needs of fans clamouring for a third installment in the sub-series of the franchise: Underground as the similarities to that sub-series showed, with the tuning of cars and racing at night. They even showed off gameplay of the game itself, even though it’s over a year away. That in itself is very impressive, but I also have to be critical because the game might not look like that upon release. If it is anything similar to the Underground series, I think it’s going to be very good. A big issue I have with it though is the DRM, that is nota concern to shy away from.

There was also a new expansion for Star Wars: The Old Republic called Knights of the Fallen Empire. Bioware promised that the game is going to include more storytelling from Bioware. If this means that there are going to be more class quests, then sign me up. Then all of the sports games took center stage, which was something I could not care less about. As a big football supporter it was nice to see Pele, perhaps the biggest footballer ever. Even with all the nonsense EA was throwing around, it was nice to get a talk with one of the biggest players of “the beautiful game” as he himself calls it. I also don’t like the focus on the female players in the upcoming game, because it shifted attention away from massive server issues that have plagued FIFA the last few years i’ve played it. Use resources to fix that, and then add all the female teams and players EA wants.

After that, there was footage from the new Mirrors Edge: Catalyst. I personally have never seen the appeal of the game, so it didn’t really get me excited. Then EA commited one of the biggest sins possible as they dedicated a big portion of their show to showing off mobile games. This wasn’t anywhere near what Bethesda did, by revealing a new app to play for those who want to. This was them pushing several games that no core gamer wants to play. This was probably the most boring part in all of E3 for me personallly. Then at the end, EA showed Battlefront. A game i’ve been waiting the last 10 years for. Even after all my personal scepticism of the game, I recognize good gameplay when I see it. Even if it was heavily scripted, I still liked what I saw. That doesn’t erase all my concerns, but makes them less of a factor. Overall a good conference with a few very bad parts in my humble opinion.

Verdict: 6/10

Ubisoft:

The Ubisoft conference started with a big surprise. A new South Park game got announced called: The Fractured But Whole. The creators said they now knew how to make a game, and wanted to try again, even with all the stress of The Stick Of Truth’s development. A great announcement, I must say. I didn’t really care for the game For Honor, but I did enjoy the new footage from The Dvision. The most interesting part was how the pvp actually worked with loot as you could do a risk reward type of thing. Being in the extraction zone with other players mixing pvp and pve. The cherry on top was that the last man standing left his team members behind, taking all the loot. It looks really interesting, and it looks like a game I am going to be playing next year, though I will have to see more before I actually choose to purchase it. The only other games that interested me during the conference were the new Ghost Recon: Wildlands game and Trackmania coming to consoles. Those two are games I am probably going to get down the line if they both hold up and are good games. Ubisoft had a pretty solid conference, but it also had the most cringeworthy moment of the entirety of E3. Jason Derulo came up on stage to perform some of his “hits” and proceeded to just have one of the worst performances possible. It didn’t just stop there, he wanted Aisha Tyler to come on stage, she refused and he continued even after the song was done. Trying to hit on a married woman live in front of millions is just freaking bad. Otherwise the whole conference for my part seemed really solid with gameplay shown pretty much for every game.

Verdict: 8/10

Sony:

Sony just blew this one out of the water now didn’t they? The Last Guardian, which has been the Half Life 3 for Sony, was finally shown. I’ve been fascinated by the games made by Ueda and I am looking forward to what this game is in the future. Final Fantasy VII being totally remade is incredible. Square has also said that they’re also considering doing it with the other entries as well. The conference showing those two games alone made them win E3 for my part. We can only hope those games are going to be good as well. I want Final Fantasy VII also to stick true to its roots, and not change the combat to what Final Fantasy XV is doing. Shenmue 3 was also a huge announcement for many, but not for me. I’ve never really been into the first two games and they never appealed to me personally. Media Molecule announcing Dreams is really interesting to me. This developer has always been one of the most creative in the industry. I need to see more before i can totally judge it, but it’s looking good. Guerilla Games showing off Horizon: Zero Dawn was the best new ip of the whole event. Dinosaur robots and third person RPG looks really good. The graphics looked stunning and the developer said they’ve been working on this for 4 years.

It’s safe to say that it shows promise as an exclusive game for PS4. No Man’s Sky also had a great gameplay demo. Showing how the planets are actually going to be like, gathering resources, Alien species and spacebattles. That looks to be a huge game! World of Final Fantasy looked interesting, because I am a really big fan of turn based battles in the series. There’s not a whole lot otherwise in the conference that interested me in particular, but the rest wasn’t bad either. I thought it was a solid conference in showing games, Which is the most important thing about E3.

Verdict: 9/10

Square Enix:

Square Enix was the conference which had just the overall worst pace of them all. There weren’t a lot of games that were shown that interested me, or anyone else, in particular. Kingdom Hearts 3 and Hitman being shown was pretty good as I am looking forward to those games. The most important thing was gameplay from Kingdom Hearts 3 being shown. Hitman Absolution was very good in my opinion and I hope it is a quality entry in the series. They did show a few other titles, but they didn’t really interest me at all. It was an ok conference for me, but I hope they do better for next year.

Verdict: 5/10

Nintendo:

This was the overall worst conference of them all. EA had some big screw ups with their mobile and sports games, but at least they showed games most people were interested in. They should have just called the Wii U dead this E3, because there was nothing that actually made me slightly interested into that console. I was getting really close to actually buying the Wii U a year ago, but then they rolled out their youtube partnership, which just stifles and censors content creators. Also them not showing worth anything for the Wii U for me is not making it better. They showed of some good games for the 3DS, But games for the 3DS just don’t interest me anymore. Them also releasing a new version of that handheld console doesn’t make it any better. Nintendo needs to come back down to earth. For Iwata to lecture that people didn’t “get” what the Wii U was is not their fault, that just says it all about Nintendo’s arrogance. It’s your job to make a console appealing, not us as consumers trying to figure out what you’re actually selling. It was a disaster and it’s a shame for all the developers actually making good games at Nintendo.

Verdict: 2/10

So that is my review of E3, what did you think of the whole event? Do you agree with me or am I totally wrong? Let me know!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44161 Posts

Microsoft's conference was my favourite of E3. They had the most games that I was excited for. The backwards compatibility annoucement was great news. While I still have my 360 and will still keep it this means that I don't have to drag my 360 out whenever I feel like playing a game on it, unless the game isn't supported on it. This also keeps a large portion of my gaming convienently focused on one system. The new controller also looked great.

My overall E3 ranking is:

1. Microsoft - Halo 5, Forza 6, Gears of War Remaster and 4, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Cup Head, BC, new controller, Holo Lens 9/10
  2. Sony - Horizon, Uncharted 4, Final Fantasy VII remake, No Man's Sky 7/10
  3. Bethesda - Fallout 4, Doom, Dishonoured 2 7/10
  4. Square-Enix - Kingdom Hearts 3, World of Final Fantasy 6/10
  5. EA - Mass Effect 4, Battlefront 3 6/10
  6. Ubisoft - Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Assassin's Creed, The Division, For Honor 6/10
  7. Nintendo - Starfox, Yoshi's Woolly Story, Xenoblade Chronicles X 4/10
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 The_Last_Ride

@Archangel3371 said:

Microsoft's conference was my favourite of E3. They had the most games that I was excited for. The backwards compatibility annoucement was great news. While I still have my 360 and will still keep it this means that I don't have to drag my 360 out whenever I feel like playing a game on it, unless the game isn't supported on it. This also keeps a large portion of my gaming convienently focused on one system. The new controller also looked great.

1. Microsoft - Halo 5, Forza 6, Gears of War Remaster and 4, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Cup Head, BC, new controller, Holo Lens 9/10
  6. Ubisoft - Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Assassin's Creed, The Division, For Honor 6/10

fair enough, i just personally didn't see anything that interested me from the Xbox conference. Otherwise i don't think we disagree much

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44161 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:
@Archangel3371 said:

fair enough, i just personally didn't see anything that interested me from the Xbox conference. Otherwise i don't think we disagree much

Yeah I think it was a really good E3 all around and people could probably pick most any conference depending on game preferences. The only real stinker I think was Nintendo's. I would imagine that most found their showing to be very disappointing.

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

I'd pretty much agree with you apart from your take on the Microsoft and Sony conferences.

Microsoft was probably my favourite. Halo 5 campaign looked awesome, and the online mode they revealed sounds like a a lot of fun. Hololens demo was astounding and interests me more than vr at the moment. And rares announcements where great as well. Rare replay is great value for a nostalgic trip, and sea of thieves look good (loved the art style, plus it had pirates) .

I was actually dissapointed by sonys conference, maybe I was expecting too much. But with all the Xbox exclusives we know of, I was hoping for more from Sony. Horizon looked amazing but that was about it for me. I'm not interested in shenmue, final fantasy, or the last guardian., and the new game from media molecule doesn't even look like a game imo. Also I wanted to hear a lot more about Morpheus.

So, I'd probably switch those two conferences.

But couldn't agree more with your opinion on nintendos, biggest dissapointment of e3 by far.

phoenix5352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 phoenix5352
Member since 2011 • 387 Posts

nice review. i agree with the scoring, only thing i would say is , like always ubisoft showed many glorified trailers, except rainbow siege , there is not a game that am excited about, its kinda became a routine for ubisoft that they show trailers and hype the game till the launch, but later it doesn't deliver upto the hype. for all these reasons i thought ubisoft's conf was a bit boring.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 The_Last_Ride

@phoenix5352 said:

nice review. i agree with the scoring, only thing i would say is , like always ubisoft showed many glorified trailers, except rainbow siege , there is not a game that am excited about, its kinda became a routine for ubisoft that they show trailers and hype the game till the launch, but later it doesn't deliver upto the hype. for all these reasons i thought ubisoft's conf was a bit boring.

i just rate it for what i wanted from it and what i thought of it. I did mention the disaster that was Jason Derulo though. If there had been no games that i was interested in, i would have ripped the conference apart

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Last_Ride

@Archangel3371 said:
@The_Last_Ride said:
@Archangel3371 said:

Yeah I think it was a really good E3 all around and people could probably pick most any conference depending on game preferences. The only real stinker I think was Nintendo's. I would imagine that most found their showing to be very disappointing.

Well that's my game preferences i used to really rate the overall shows. To me personally Microsoft and Nintendo dissappointed with the games. Hololens and the backwards compatibility were good stuff. But it does nothing for me with a 360

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#8 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56092 Posts

Really great review Last_Ride. I do agree that Nintendo had the worst E3 and everyone pretty much agree on that.

John_of_Rivia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 John_of_Rivia
Member since 2015 • 232 Posts

I agree with the others with Microsoft also being my favorite conference.

I felt Halo 5 looked great, although I personally would've chosen to show master chief and blue team. Hololens looks amazing and I'm not even convinced by the virtual reality fad. It has gaming and real world applications. I can actually imagine it doing well. Gears of War 4 looks as if it's going back to its darker roots which is great, and forza 6 looks like a return to form and some much needed improvements. I don't care for fable legends; they need to do a game like Fable 2 again. Then there was backwards compatibility, which I think was the biggest piece of news there for gamers. So, all in all, we had Microsoft focused on this holiday season (and a little before then), while also showing some games to come next year. They've widened the X1 catalogue with BC and rare replay (I've never played a rare game.) I'd say Microsoft had theirs eyes set on what they needed to show. 9/10

With Sony: I really liked Horizon. It actually looks good. Uncharted looks good too. But I feel as though people are too caught up in shenmue 3, Final Fantasy 7, and the last guardian. The last Guardian is set to come out in 2016 (maybe??) whereas Shenmue comes out in 2017 and we have no date on FF7, I believe. Shenmue still has a long road ahead in order to be funded. Last I checked, it passed the $3 million mark, but it has slowed down since. With the insane development times of FFXV and KH3, in wondering how long the remake will take. I worry for the Last Guardian. Not only do people expect great things from the developer, they also worry about how it will be after its long hiatus. Needless to say people will be very skeptical of it. Anyways, I'd give Sony a 5/10. They mostly showed things we know we'll see at another E3, although they looked great.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

I only really watched MS and Sony's conferences. I'd give them both 9s.

MS:

PROS:

-Backwards compatibility is a huge announcement. It's a very pro-consumer feature that many have asked for, and it really highlights how far MS has come since their blunders coming into the generation.

-Rare Replay - 30 games for $30. Insane collection of games with great value.

-Halo 5 and Forza 6 are looking great.

-2 new IPs announced: Recore and Sea of Thieves. Both have a lot of promise.

-MS's conference focused on content that is coming THIS YEAR. I can't stress how important that is.

CONS:

-No gameplay shown for ReCore or Sea of Thieves. It's very hard to get excited for games when all we have to see is a CGI trailer.

-Rise of the Tomb Raider gameplay reveal was pretty dull. Too much on-rail action.

-New controller looked cool, but it's way too expensive.

SONY:

PROS:

-Horizon was game of the show. Yeah it's from Guerrilla Games, a pretty mediocre developer, but what they showed looked spectacular.

-Uncharted 4 is looking great.

-All the buzz surrounding the conference was exciting to witness. The Last Guardian, Final Fantasy VII, Shenmue III are three very cool announcements

CONS:

-Final Fantasy VII showed absolutely no gameplay and Shenmue 3 was just a kickstarter announcement. Again, I enjoyed all the buzz surrounding this, but it's very hard to get excited about games without seeing any gameplay. Especially these two considering they're likely around 2 years away. FFVII is also coming to the X1, so I'm not sure how much of a "win" it is for Sony. Not sure about Shenmue III. The details surrounding that game are kind of a mess at the moment.

-Everything Sony showed is coming 2016/2017. Give me something to get excited about in the immediate future.

---

So yeah, those are my thoughts. I saw bits and pieces of Nintendo's conference. I've actually been considering buying a WiiU, but this E3 convinced me Nintendo is too out of touch with what gamers want. Sony showed a lot to get excited about further down the line, so a PS4 is definitely my next purchase (probably when Ratchet and Clank comes out).

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Last_Ride

@joe_b1_kenobi said:

I'd pretty much agree with you apart from your take on the Microsoft and Sony conferences.

Microsoft was probably my favourite. Halo 5 campaign looked awesome, and the online mode they revealed sounds like a a lot of fun. Hololens demo was astounding and interests me more than vr at the moment. And rares announcements where great as well. Rare replay is great value for a nostalgic trip, and sea of thieves look good (loved the art style, plus it had pirates) .

I was actually dissapointed by sonys conference, maybe I was expecting too much. But with all the Xbox exclusives we know of, I was hoping for more from Sony. Horizon looked amazing but that was about it for me. I'm not interested in shenmue, final fantasy, or the last guardian., and the new game from media molecule doesn't even look like a game imo. Also I wanted to hear a lot more about Morpheus.

So, I'd probably switch those two conferences.

But couldn't agree more with your opinion on nintendos, biggest dissapointment of e3 by far.

Well not everyone is going to agree on everything i write. It's a very subjective review from what i liked personally. I have no interest in Microsofts games except for Forza. It's just what i took from the conferences personally

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The_Last_Ride

@davillain- said:

Really great review Last_Ride. I do agree that Nintendo had the worst E3 and everyone pretty much agree on that.

thank you :)

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:
@Archangel3371 said:

I know it's your opinion, but how on Earth does MS get a 4/10 & EA get a 6?!?! I mean come on...

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

Well that's my game preferences i used to really rate the overall shows. To me personally Microsoft and Nintendo dissappointed with the games. Hololens and the backwards compatibility were good stuff. But it does nothing for me with a 360

Don't forget MS purposefully withheld Scalebound, Crackdowna and Quantum Break which they for sure will be showing at Gamescom. Meanwhile Sony won't even be at Gamescom so they showed everything they had at E3. It seems that our games' opinions our almost opposite.

The only thing that interested me from Sony was Horizon but given that it's the Killzone guys, I'm worried. MS already has 'Dreams' in Project Spark but you can play your creations rather than just watch them. Don't forget that FF7 remake isn't exclusive either. The one thing that puzzled me the most was the Last Guardian announcement. Why is Sony getting credit for failing to make a game for 8 years? I never played Shenmue so I don't even have an opinion on it.

Meanwhile while I don't care about Gears, Halo 5 looks better than 4 and I really liked that they did with Forza 5 making it a little less simulation, so I'm hyped for 6. Don't care about Fable Legends but it's free so I'll give it a shot. Then you add Re-core (from the Megaman creator and the Metroid Prime guys) to that open world Pirates game from, holy crap a RARE sighting, and MS was a 10/10 for me. BC was huge too. If Sony announced BC i would purchase a PS4 tomorrow.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 The_Last_Ride

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

I know it's your opinion, but how on Earth does MS get a 4/10 & EA get a 6?!?! I mean come on...

Microsoft had nothing i was interested in. Forza was the only thing and Rise of the Tomb Raider is a multiplat. EA had MAss Effect, Battlefront, Need for Speed, Unravel and the new Expansion for SWTOR. Those interest me more and they showed actual gameplay from those games. Not just trailers like REcore

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The_Last_Ride

@firefox59 said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

Don't forget MS purposefully withheld Scalebound, Crackdowna and Quantum Break which they for sure will be showing at Gamescom. Meanwhile Sony won't even be at Gamescom so they showed everything they had at E3. It seems that our games' opinions our almost opposite.

The only thing that interested me from Sony was Horizon but given that it's the Killzone guys, I'm worried. MS already has 'Dreams' in Project Spark but you can play your creations rather than just watch them. Don't forget that FF7 remake isn't exclusive either. The one thing that puzzled me the most was the Last Guardian announcement. Why is Sony getting credit for failing to make a game for 8 years? I never played Shenmue so I don't even have an opinion on it.

Meanwhile while I don't care about Gears, Halo 5 looks better than 4 and I really liked that they did with Forza 5 making it a little less simulation, so I'm hyped for 6. Don't care about Fable Legends but it's free so I'll give it a shot. Then you add Re-core (from the Megaman creator and the Metroid Prime guys) to that open world Pirates game from, holy crap a RARE sighting, and MS was a 10/10 for me. BC was huge too. If Sony announced BC i would purchase a PS4 tomorrow.

True, but that doesn't mean their show was better.

The Project Spark guys aren't as creative as media molecule who have Little Big Planet and Tearaway under their belt. It's a console exclusive by the looks of it. It gets credit for not cancelling it

Recore was only a trailer. I look for games and i have 360 so i don't care about BC.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

Microsoft had nothing i was interested in. Forza was the only thing and Rise of the Tomb Raider is a multiplat. EA had MAss Effect, Battlefront, Need for Speed, Unravel and the new Expansion for SWTOR. Those interest me more and they showed actual gameplay from those games. Not just trailers like REcore

OK, fair enough. Completely disagree of course...

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The_Last_Ride

@john_of_rivia said:

I agree with the others with Microsoft also being my favorite conference.

I felt Halo 5 looked great, although I personally would've chosen to show master chief and blue team. Hololens looks amazing and I'm not even convinced by the virtual reality fad. It has gaming and real world applications. I can actually imagine it doing well. Gears of War 4 looks as if it's going back to its darker roots which is great, and forza 6 looks like a return to form and some much needed improvements. I don't care for fable legends; they need to do a game like Fable 2 again. Then there was backwards compatibility, which I think was the biggest piece of news there for gamers. So, all in all, we had Microsoft focused on this holiday season (and a little before then), while also showing some games to come next year. They've widened the X1 catalogue with BC and rare replay (I've never played a rare game.) I'd say Microsoft had theirs eyes set on what they needed to show. 9/10

With Sony: I really liked Horizon. It actually looks good. Uncharted looks good too. But I feel as though people are too caught up in shenmue 3, Final Fantasy 7, and the last guardian. The last Guardian is set to come out in 2016 (maybe??) whereas Shenmue comes out in 2017 and we have no date on FF7, I believe. Shenmue still has a long road ahead in order to be funded. Last I checked, it passed the $3 million mark, but it has slowed down since. With the insane development times of FFXV and KH3, in wondering how long the remake will take. I worry for the Last Guardian. Not only do people expect great things from the developer, they also worry about how it will be after its long hiatus. Needless to say people will be very skeptical of it. Anyways, I'd give Sony a 5/10. They mostly showed things we know we'll see at another E3, although they looked great.

I just didn't care for those games and i didn't get any excitment from anything

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

The Project Spark guys aren't as creative as media molecule who have Little Big Planet and Tearaway under their belt. It's a console exclusive by the looks of it. It gets credit for not cancelling it

Recore was only a trailer. I look for games and i have 360 so i don't care about BC.

I know you were rating the actually conference but to me E3 is just one part of the process for these companies It's impossible for me to ignore known IP's and announcements when considering the future outlook of the company.

You can't say that as the Project Spark guys don't have a history. Spark has great potential and is just getting started. It's leaps and bounds ahead of the simple levels and gameplay of LPB and Tearaway.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_Last_Ride

@firefox59 said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

I know you were rating the actually conference but to me E3 is just one part of the process for these companies It's impossible for me to ignore known IP's and announcements when considering the future outlook of the company.

You can't say that as the Project Spark guys don't have a history. Spark has great potential and is just getting started. It's leaps and bounds ahead of the simple levels and gameplay of LPB and Tearaway.

LBP isn't an engine that lets people create games, it makes people create levels in LBP

ps3hdalltime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 ps3hdalltime
Member since 2012 • 427 Posts

Excellent news for xbox fans because of backward compataibility, uncharted 4 and fallout 4. What more can you ask..

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 The_Last_Ride

@ps3hdalltime said:

Excellent news for xbox fans because of backward compataibility, uncharted 4 and fallout 4. What more can you ask..

Uncharted 4 wasn't for Xbox