My Fallout 4 Wishlist!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nath_Mac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Edited By Nath_Mac
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I'm obsessed with both the fallout series and the elder scrolls series, I play them religiously, create content and even read the novels ( I literally live and breathe the stuff I swear) so naturally it's killing me to know that there is without a doubt a new fallout game in the works, and not a even a peek at the game ( thesurvivor2299 website you tease!) while I've been waiting I've come up with 10 Wishlist features that i'd love to see implemented into fallout 4.

• More NPC's in towns and battles - Current gen has put some severe limitations in this regard but next gen will allow Bethesda to have full creative reign. Sure the great battle with liberty prime in fallout 3 and the battle of hoover dam were epic but they were really underpopulated, i'd love for them to feel more alive as this would really hit home the importance of these events rather than feeling like a very lackluster experience, especially considering that it's involving two main military factions colliding in battle over a key strategic objective. Towns also suffer from this, only having a few NPC's in a town that could hold much more, especially in places that feel as though they should be lively and bustling with people like the Vegas strip.

• Improved combat - The combat in my opinion has never had the same impact as i assumed it should, hitting someone with a sledgehammer should differ from a combat knife or machete; it all seems floaty for lack of a better term, although skyrim improved this a great deal from previous iterations in both series it can do with being refined further, give it more feeling and less forgiving. Gun play also suffers from this, while in VATS you can get away with it you can't escape that its pretty bad out of VATS, I think they should model it after a more current FPS (and 3rd person shooter) but not any, they should make it more akin to the metro series as I feel it will tie in well with the survival, bleak atmosphere and create some fun, tense moments - not just backpedaling and taking pot shots at everything till it goes down.

• Improved Crafting - While crafting has been present its barely a factor in either of the Fallout games, the weapons aren't necessary and ammo creation is awkward, plus with the rate and type of weapons that spawn you can get a really good gun at early levels, an abundance of ammo and caps come ridiculously easy killing the feeling of having to work for a decent gun. I think they should change the rate of weapon and ammo spawns, this will give players an incentive to scavenge for ammo & weapon crafting parts and make survival aspect of the game more apparent.

• Animation Revamp - Skyrim has corrected this hugely, so I have no doubt that it will be fixed but it is in dire need in the Fallout franchise, the awkward run and weapon animations (Namely melee) and the severe lack of facial and idle animations for NPC's really detract from the immersive nature of the world.

• A meaningful Hardcore mode - Although some steps were made to implement survival choices into the franchises, much more could be done to this as it was simply too easy, food was easy to come by, limbs were fixed for a low price or with the abundance of doctor bags and it was easy to heal with stims by exploiting the backpedal speed. I think a lot can be learned from the modding community in this respect, especially in skyrim as they had mods that made you take everything from calorie and nutrients, to your body temperature and cleanliness into account (along with respective custom cleaning & eating animations); this accompanied with in depth hunting and camping options will really create a true survival experience.

• Modes of Transport - This is a feature that the whole fallout community want to see and I think it will fit perfectly with the huge, gorgeous content filled worlds that Bethesda are so adept at making, i hate walking past broken cars and motorcycles thinking ' why can't I just fix this car up and use it'. the inclusion of vehicles will greatly dissuade players from simply fast traveling everywhere, or tediously walking through previously explored areas. However they should not be added without meaning; there should be a trade off - they should be difficult to maintain, fragile and possibly need fuel, and the global fast travel system should be changed to complement this, with a sort of hub based system where you pay a caravan etc to travel to main cities and points of interest depending on where that specific service will travel too.

• Housing/ Base system - This seems quite a popular thing in gaming at the moment, and some mods have done this brilliantly but I think that its an overdue feature to be implemented with interesting mechanics into the fallout franchise, sure you can get a few pre-built locations but nowhere that you can really customize as your own, you could possibly even build it yourself similar to what's seen in hearthfire for skyrim; and defend it from raiding parties and other threats the waste can throw at you.

• Interesting Character creation - While character creation is quite in depth cosmetically I feel that it could be improved upon, the choices I made with the exception of wild wasteland (awesome) had little effect to the game. adding a custom background for your character, with certain bonuses depending on your choice for example say if you was a bounty hunter you would receive combat bonuses, or medicinal bonuses if you was a trained doctor - this would be a really neat addition along with a trade off when inputting skill points to make you specialize, and not be amazing at everything.

• Improved User interface - The user interface has always been awkward on PC, with me almost always installing a mod to sort it out and save me from the endless scrolling through bland static menus, not only this but a change to the UI in game would add to the immersive nature; by making it smoother, dynamic and only displaying relevant information when needed it will allow the player to take in the impressive sights that no doubt this game will have in abundance.

• A meaningful Karma / popularity system -Whether I choose to be an a**hole or a saint, i want my choices to have a meaningful effect on the game world, I want my infamous exploits to be relayed to other inhabitants and for them to react to it. also if i do something so evil say Nuke a town full of innocent people I shouldn't be able to come back from that; seriously, I leveled a whole town how are you cool with that?!.

These are just a few of the features I hope make it into the game, I have the utmost faith in Bethesda to make a top notch game, now come on Bethesda its been long enough, Give me something!

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts
@nath_mac said:

I'm obsessed with both the fallout series and the elder scrolls series, I play them religiously, create content and even read the novels ( I literally live and breathe the stuff I swear) so naturally it's killing me to know that there is without a doubt a new fallout game in the works, and not a even a peek at the game ( thesurvivor2299 website you tease!) while I've been waiting I've come up with 10 Wishlist features that i'd love to see implemented into fallout 4.

• More NPC's in towns and battles - Current gen has put some severe limitations in this regard but next gen will allow Bethesda to have full creative reign. Sure the great battle with liberty prime in fallout 3 and the battle of hoover dam were epic but they were really underpopulated, i'd love for them to feel more alive as this would really hit home the importance of these events rather than feeling like a very lackluster experience, especially considering that it's involving two main military factions colliding in battle over a key strategic objective. Towns also suffer from this, only having a few NPC's in a town that could hold much more, especially in places that feel as though they should be lively and bustling with people like the Vegas strip.

• Improved combat - The combat in my opinion has never had the same impact as i assumed it should, hitting someone with a sledgehammer should differ from a combat knife or machete; it all seems floaty for lack of a better term, although skyrim improved this a great deal from previous iterations in both series it can do with being refined further, give it more feeling and less forgiving. Gun play also suffers from this, while in VATS you can get away with it you can't escape that its pretty bad out of VATS, I think they should model it after a more current FPS (and 3rd person shooter) but not any, they should make it more akin to the metro series as I feel it will tie in well with the survival, bleak atmosphere and create some fun, tense moments - not just backpedaling and taking pot shots at everything till it goes down.

• Improved Crafting - While crafting has been present its barely a factor in either of the Fallout games, the weapons aren't necessary and ammo creation is awkward, plus with the rate and type of weapons that spawn you can get a really good gun at early levels, an abundance of ammo and caps come ridiculously easy killing the feeling of having to work for a decent gun. I think they should change the rate of weapon and ammo spawns, this will give players an incentive to scavenge for ammo & weapon crafting parts and make survival aspect of the game more apparent.

• Animation Revamp - Skyrim has corrected this hugely, so I have no doubt that it will be fixed but it is in dire need in the Fallout franchise, the awkward run and weapon animations (Namely melee) and the severe lack of facial and idle animations for NPC's really detract from the immersive nature of the world.

• A meaningful Hardcore mode - Although some steps were made to implement survival choices into the franchises, much more could be done to this as it was simply too easy, food was easy to come by, limbs were fixed for a low price or with the abundance of doctor bags and it was easy to heal with stims by exploiting the backpedal speed. I think a lot can be learned from the modding community in this respect, especially in skyrim as they had mods that made you take everything from calorie and nutrients, to your body temperature and cleanliness into account (along with respective custom cleaning & eating animations); this accompanied with in depth hunting and camping options will really create a true survival experience.

• Modes of Transport - This is a feature that the whole fallout community want to see and I think it will fit perfectly with the huge, gorgeous content filled worlds that Bethesda are so adept at making, i hate walking past broken cars and motorcycles thinking ' why can't I just fix this car up and use it'. the inclusion of vehicles will greatly dissuade players from simply fast traveling everywhere, or tediously walking through previously explored areas. However they should not be added without meaning; there should be a trade off - they should be difficult to maintain, fragile and possibly need fuel, and the global fast travel system should be changed to complement this, with a sort of hub based system where you pay a caravan etc to travel to main cities and points of interest depending on where that specific service will travel too.

• Housing/ Base system - This seems quite a popular thing in gaming at the moment, and some mods have done this brilliantly but I think that its an overdue feature to be implemented with interesting mechanics into the fallout franchise, sure you can get a few pre-built locations but nowhere that you can really customize as your own, you could possibly even build it yourself similar to what's seen in hearthfire for skyrim; and defend it from raiding parties and other threats the waste can throw at you.

• Interesting Character creation - While character creation is quite in depth cosmetically I feel that it could be improved upon, the choices I made with the exception of wild wasteland (awesome) had little effect to the game. adding a custom background for your character, with certain bonuses depending on your choice for example say if you was a bounty hunter you would receive combat bonuses, or medicinal bonuses if you was a trained doctor - this would be a really neat addition along with a trade off when inputting skill points to make you specialize, and not be amazing at everything.

• Improved User interface - The user interface has always been awkward on PC, with me almost always installing a mod to sort it out and save me from the endless scrolling through bland static menus, not only this but a change to the UI in game would add to the immersive nature; by making it smoother, dynamic and only displaying relevant information when needed it will allow the player to take in the impressive sights that no doubt this game will have in abundance.

• A meaningful Karma / popularity system -Whether I choose to be an a**hole or a saint, i want my choices to have a meaningful effect on the game world, I want my infamous exploits to be relayed to other inhabitants and for them to react to it. also if i do something so evil say Nuke a town full of innocent people I shouldn't be able to come back from that; seriously, I leveled a whole town how are you cool with that?!.

These are just a few of the features I hope make it into the game, I have the utmost faith in Bethesda to make a top notch game, now come on Bethesda its been long enough, Give me something!

I agree with you about the wacky karma system. It makes no sense that you can accumulate bad karma for committing a crime with no witnesses. I think vehicles would really ruin the feel of traversing the apocalyptic world the Fallout franchise has created. I'm all for more NPC's,more battles and improved towns and customizing houses. I would hope they learn from past mistakes and allow us to continue playing after completing the main quest.

I think they should keep VATS since it 's part of what makes Fallout what it is, but tweak it better. Breaking down weapons to customize into new weapons would be super dope. Modifying gun attachments to how you see fit would be insane. I would also like to see a much more intuative character creation system. No weapon should be an instant win like the Gauss Rifle in Fallout 3 and enemies should present a challenge, even on normal difficulty.

I prefer Fallout 3's leveling system over New Vegas. SPECIAL stats should definitely return with more explanation on what affects what. New Vegas never explains how Companion Nerve is calculated. I am no fan of the New Vegas 'gain X but lose Y' perks, every other level. If we work hard to level up, we should receive rewards, not ultimatums.

Ultimately, I hope Obsidian and Bethasda collab on Fallout 4. Obsidian can handle the writing, story and combat, while Bethesda focuses on the gaming world, detailing colorful, diverse environments and adding that random factor that New Vegas was missing.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

You could have just posted that in one of the other dozen fallout 4 wishlist threads.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

I have a few wishes in addition to those:

1) Give it to a company that actually knows what they're doing like the people that made the first 2 and FNV. What's that? Obsidian is busy making a World of Tanks clone? Well...........I guess we'll have to put up Todd Howard and Bethesda's 14 year old fanfic "writing."

2) Can we get a new engine please?!?!?!?!?

3) Keep the SPECIAL system and the skill system the way they are. Add minimum Charisma modifiers so your guy with a CHA of 1 but a Speech skill of 100 can't automatically talk his way out of everything. Seriously.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@Boddicker said:

Give it to a company that actually knows what they're doing like the people that made the first 2 and FNV

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#6  Edited By Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

Make it not boring.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

How about a release date.

Nath_Mac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nath_Mac

A release date would be amazing, it's been too long now and since everyone knows its being made just admit it Bethesda! , yeah it would be a good idea for them to use Obsidian for character development, I reckon they'd actually do a better job in that regard but leave the rest to Bethesda. I think they will just end up using the Creation engine which i have no problem with but it could do with a little tweaking/ refinement.

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 Fire_Wa11
Member since 2008 • 600 Posts

@nath_mac said:

• More NPC's in towns and battles...

• Improved combat...

• Improved Crafting...

Animation Revamp...

• A meaningful Hardcore mode...

• Modes of Transport...

• Housing/ Base system...

• Interesting Character creation...

• Improved User interface...

• A meaningful Karma / popularity system...

What. No financial clipboards?

Nath_Mac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nath_Mac

@Fire_Wa11: Financial clipboards are good, but i'm more of a pencil person myself

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 Fire_Wa11
Member since 2008 • 600 Posts

@nath_mac said:

@Fire_Wa11: Financial clipboards are good, but i'm more of a pencil person myself

All joking aside though, I think I speak for everyone when I say we want two new things in Fallout 4:

1.) Vehicles as fast travel or drivable, and....

2.) Errol Morris's Interrotron (seems very Fallout-y. Wouldn't you say?)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

As always Lulus got horrible things to say, even for games that aren't out yet (as if I'm gona let alil complication like obsurity stop me.... Ha !). Anyway:

a "Meaningfull Karma/Popularity" system is an oxymoron. you can't boil down a complex endeavour like socialogy and morality into a numerical numericals and still expect it to have meaning. Or atleast you can't expect to have meaning thats actually worth playing.

I'm still a novice on the topic so I'l let Krystian Majewski handle the more advanced stuff.

www.gamasutra.com/blogs/KrystianMajewski/20140401/214427/

Bottom line is you'l wind up with ridiculous scenarios like Wrex on Virmire in Mass Effect or every stat check in Mass Effect 2.

As always its the Idea that people like. Not the actual game. After all Role Playing is just a more advanced concept of good old fashioned make believe.... Make Believe is Free by the way... Just thought that might be interesting !

Avatar image for renouncereality
Renouncereality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Renouncereality
Member since 2014 • 87 Posts

I think it would be good if their was more customization options with the character but also with armor/guns. I found them getting a bit stale by the end and had the feeling that pretty much all the guns did the same thing. Maybe more modifiers or attachments would be good. And my god they need to improve the hats in this game (yeah picky I know) but the best one i found in Fallout 3 for nearly half the game was a bloody fedora!

That being said I thoroughly loved these games :)