Multiplayer Maps in Modern Warfare 2 vs CODMW

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rampanterage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Rampanterage
Member since 2003 • 2215 Posts

I've given the multiplayer maps in Modern Marfare 2 some time now, to start making me love them.... but the only thing in my mind is.... the ones in the first Modern Warfare are better. I reallly hate Wasteland, the city maps are labirynths, the aphgan maps are ok. But I would like a couple maps with open spaces or in forests, like the ones in the first installment of the series. I think that the maps in COD5 are better... obviously the guns and the rest of the game is worse, but the maps are good. I don't know if this has been posted before, I'm just returning to this forums from a long time since my last post... I just wanna know if somebody else thinks the same way as I do. Thanks!!!

bobstos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 bobstos
Member since 2003 • 2964 Posts
wasteland is indeed a terrible map, which I don't understand because it's basically brecourt from the original CoD, and that was a fun map. the city maps do take a while to get used to, but I think generally the maps aren't as good as they could be because there just isnt enough people to fill them. City maps are really fun when you're playing ground war, but that's because there's actually a semi-decent number of people to occupy said map. what I really can't stand is Fevalla or whatever. That map was almost designed EXCLUSIVELY with the camper in mind, with so many dark corners and second-story windows. objective-based rounds are not near as bad on that map, but FFA/TDM is just absolutely terrible. just my 2 cents.
rassklot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rassklot
Member since 2009 • 96 Posts

they are alright.... i miss the old original MW maps though...

eh-ut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 eh-ut
Member since 2009 • 563 Posts
I'm not yet playing multiplayer mode. I'll check it out.
Wet_Sand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Wet_Sand
Member since 2007 • 1504 Posts

I think the maps in MW2 are a little too expansive. People just camp and others go through the buildings with dual wielding shotguns to kill the campers. Maybe it evens out that way. :shock:

Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

I like MW's maps alot more. About half of MW2's maps I don't like.

technic1210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 technic1210
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
i read this orning acctualy that 2 map packs are on the way 1st 1 scheduled for spring BUT and its a big BUT,EXCLUSIVE TO THE XBOX360 so for those who have it on ps3,they are going to be pissed,luckily mines on the 360.
COSMICX815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 COSMICX815
Member since 2009 • 1053 Posts
I like the maps for the most part. Highrise is the best.Vuurk
highrise is indeed the best. Any type of player can do work. snipe or run, its all fun, but only on highrise.
COSMICX815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 COSMICX815
Member since 2009 • 1053 Posts
i read this orning acctualy that 2 map packs are on the way 1st 1 scheduled for spring BUT and its a big BUT,EXCLUSIVE TO THE XBOX360 so for those who have it on ps3,they are going to be pissed,luckily mines on the 360.technic1210
where is your source????????
technic1210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 technic1210
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
agh my bad just went bk and read it again not exclusive,just xbox will get it a while before ps3 does.link below. http://csnation.totalgamingnetwork.com/showthread.php?180549-First-MW2-Map-Pack-DLC-Exclusive-to-Xbox-360-for-Limited-Time
Rhen_Var

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#13 Rhen_Var
Member since 2006 • 12422 Posts
[QUOTE="technic1210"]i read this orning acctualy that 2 map packs are on the way 1st 1 scheduled for spring BUT and its a big BUT,EXCLUSIVE TO THE XBOX360 so for those who have it on ps3,they are going to be pissed,luckily mines on the 360.COSMICX815
where is your source????????

If he said that Microsoft paid for the exclusive DLC then I would have believed him on the spot.
D1zzyCriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 D1zzyCriminal
Member since 2009 • 1839 Posts

I prefer the maps in MW2,as a fan of Battlefield 2 on the PC I'm glad they made the maps bigger.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
I liked the simple layout of Crossfire and the perfect mix of buildings and open spaces in Crash. I miss the fun I had in Backlot and Assault. I also miss those intense 1vs1 matches in Shipment. The new maps are ok but can't compare.
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
the old maps were great for the old game and sure i miss some of them but they wouldnt work as well in 2, sure i dont love all the maps in 2 but i didnt in 1 either, your just one of the millions of people that cant ever be content with what youve got, the old game/story/maps/guns/characters will always be better to you becuase you want them to be not becuase they are
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
MW2 maps are more complicated in level design thus more impressive, so i go for mw2!!
Aslyum_Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Aslyum_Beast
Member since 2008 • 975 Posts

MW2 has alot of Hit and miss maps that truely need some looking at. unlike you guys, i rather like the wasteland map. it puts you in a different enviroment compared to the other maps. Rust, although, is the worst map ever. I assume they made this as a recreation of the old extremely small MW map, but the tower in the middle makes it extremely bad.Skidrow is also pretty bad, giving lack of movement throughout the map, causing most of the game just being who can control the top hallway the longest.

And on the Favela comment, i don't see how it even helps anyone camp. everytime my team plays a camper team on that level, we win easily