This topic is locked from further discussion.

woody4890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 woody4890
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I read on fatalblade.com that someone in America is sueing Microsoft and Bungie because his Halo 3 keeps crashing! Check out the website its great. What does everyone else think about this?
Dagamemonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#2 Dagamemonkey
Member since 2005 • 1480 Posts
I didn't know you could sue someone for a game that crashes. Don't you think it could be a rumor?
rsiedelmann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 rsiedelmann
Member since 2004 • 381 Posts
The word of the day for today is...Frivolous.
Inditra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Inditra
Member since 2006 • 1653 Posts
This is clearly the result of someone who has far too much time on their hands to come up with bonehead ideas like this. It sounds like someone needs a job.
VinnoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 VinnoT
Member since 2003 • 4649 Posts
I hope he wins. This could be a landmark case in making games companies release games which arent total bug-ridden unplayable peices of rubbish. i.e. PES 2008.
Inditra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Inditra
Member since 2006 • 1653 Posts
I wouldn't get too excited. Thie idea that this would spark some kind of mandate that every game ever bought would have to work perfectly from beginning to end every time is way beyond the realm of fantasy.
DeathStar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 DeathStar17
Member since 2005 • 4858 Posts
Yeah I read about it, MS deals with these lawsuits all the time. Another greedy guy who wants 5 million for nonsense claims...
rsiedelmann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 rsiedelmann
Member since 2004 • 381 Posts

I'm no legal expert, but it seems to me, he would need to prove that the problem is not due to his own hardware, but exists solely in the software. Then he would need to prove that Microsoft was negligent in making a reasonable effort to ensure product quality. I highly doubt MS would be held legally responsible for a single defective copy of a game. It would be like suing Del Monte over a dented can.

Additionally, I find it hard to believe that in the amount of time Halo 3 has been out, this person has exhausted his options at resolving this issue through Microsoft's Customer Service dept.

Oilers99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 Oilers99
Member since 2002 • 28844 Posts
This is dumb. There are a ton of buggy games out there, and defective copies. Why should companies be held accountable for anything beyond replacement copies.

And when isn't Microsoft being sued?
ArchonBasic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 ArchonBasic
Member since 2002 • 6420 Posts
Yeah, I saw that on Anandtech the other day. The guy is suing because Halo 3 allegedly makes his 360 crash repeatedly. The thing that makes me sick is that the claimant is seeking "unspecified damages for his hardship". He and his lawyer should both be given a massive fine for tangling up our law system with their asinine claims, IMO.