Most obscure game you own?

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by AirGuitarist87 (9499 posts) -

What're the most obscure games you own? Bonus points if no-one else on here has it or heard of it. :D

I have Grandia (PSone) which I absolutely love, but no-one I've ever met has it or even played it.

Discworld II: Missing Presumed (PSone) one of the first games I bought for my PSone. It's a point and click about the Discworld series, and I love it. Some of the puzzles are a bit obscure though.

Hard Drivin' (MegaDrive) which is just...weird. It's meant to be a polygon racing game but you have like 3-4 tracks to choose from.

Tokobot Plus (PS2) which is alright, but nothing to write home about.

Mana Khemia (PS2) which I just picked up today.

#2 Posted by Treflis (11490 posts) -
Hopkins FBI Click and point game which ingame i've managed to get out of the apartment but apprantly there's no key to bring up the items menu to use the car keys so I can move onwards in the game. I've had it for about 2-3 years and I still have no idea how to choose the car keys and get in the damn car.
#3 Posted by Nifty_Shark (13137 posts) -

none of my games are truly super hardcore obscure. I think the only game I have that would come near that is Earth Defense Force 2017.

#4 Posted by brain3d (176 posts) -
I actually own a copy of Thrill Kill, because my uncle had a friend who worked in the company who created the game.
#5 Posted by Gammit10 (2254 posts) -

Golgo 13 for the NES, probably.

#6 Posted by FishSquared (773 posts) -
Arkista's Ring _ NES
#7 Posted by DJ_Lae (42748 posts) -
I don't own many obscure games (if any, really), but Car Battler Joe is probably the closest.
#8 Posted by Xizle (656 posts) -

My stepdad gave me his whole pc games collection about 6 years ago. Even then the games were old. All in excelent condition with cardboard boxes. Some brilliant and amazing titles that i still play. Like warcraft, dungeon keeper, star craft, half life + apposing force etc. But there are some floppy disk games like imortal and rorke's drift. I also own the first prince of persia (floppy disk). The collection is huge!!

#9 Posted by DManSteelerFan (1097 posts) -
@ brain3d, that is insane man! I remember waiting for that game to come out and I was really disappointed when they canceled it. You've got this little "contest" beat. How is it?
#10 Posted by UT_Wrestler (16378 posts) -
In the current generation: Operation Darkness The most obscure older game I own is Bad News Baseball on the nes
#11 Posted by SirSpudly (4045 posts) -

Knights in the Nightmare for DS.

I know there is a subset of people paying attention to the US release, so I say to them that every facet of the game is worth sitting down and learning.

And I am not joking when I say the tutorial will take you about 2 hours.

#12 Posted by Treflis (11490 posts) -
I actually own a copy of Thrill Kill, because my uncle had a friend who worked in the company who created the game.brain3d
I remember reading and watching some clips of that game some time ago. Looked very odd, a guy without arms fighting, a doctor with a bear trap attached to his face and another guy who smacked his opponents around with a severed arm.
#13 Posted by jamejame (10474 posts) -

Transworld Surf - Xbox

I'll be highly surprised if anyone here owns it. Very rare.

#14 Posted by GwannaSauna (583 posts) -

I'd say Corvette for the PS2.

#15 Posted by just_nonplussed (4130 posts) -

cubivore for GC. animals made out of boxes that eat each other...

...it's japanese.

#16 Posted by broken_bass_bin (7514 posts) -

probably something for the Saturn, like Pro Pinball: The Web, or Thunderhawk 2, or something.

or maybe Corporation, Dragon's Fury and Super Skidmarks for the Mega Drive.

#17 Posted by AtticusFinch88 (1388 posts) -

What're the most obscure games you own? Bonus points if no-one else on here has it or heard of it. :D

I have Grandia (PSone) which I absolutely love, but no-one I've ever met has it or even played it.

Discworld II: Missing Presumed (PSone) one of the first games I bought for my PSone. It's a point and click about the Discworld series, and I love it. Some of the puzzles are a bit obscure though.

Hard Drivin' (MegaDrive) which is just...weird. It's meant to be a polygon racing game but you have like 3-4 tracks to choose from.

Tokobot Plus (PS2) which is alright, but nothing to write home about.

Mana Khemia (PS2) which I just picked up today.

AirGuitarist87

I remember Grandia! I loved that game, I haven't been able to find another copy for years. I might have to ebay it in a minute, since you've mentioned it :D

And I don't know if it's very obscure, but I picked up a game for ps2 last year called "Evil twin: Cypriens chronicles" I had never heard of it before, but I wanted a platform game and since it was used it was ridiculously cheap. I've still never seen it in any shop, and none of my friends had ever heard of it either. pretty weird game!

#18 Posted by RaZoR_RaiN (489 posts) -

Still have some of my beloved Mega Drive cartridges floating around, including...

- Barkley: Shut up and Jam

- Psycho Pinball

- Chaos Engine

- Landstalker

- Ecco

- Comix Zone

- Eternal Champions

- Road Rash

- Zombies

I guess some of them aren't all that obscure... But I couldn't leave them out ;)

#19 Posted by sayyy-gaa (4328 posts) -

the only obscure games I own are from my TI-99/4a. Anyone ever heard of Parsec or munchman, or hunt the whompus? Besides that, I'd say Guts rage for my dreamcast, or maybe Tech Romancer(AWESOME GAME).

#20 Posted by Palantas (15321 posts) -

This question needs some paramters. So what if I have a rogue-like game I and a couple guys programmed in C c|ass in high school? That's pretty obscure, right?

As for a non-budget title that received some critical acclaim, I'm going to go with Strife. It wasthe last shooter to use the Doom engine. Though graphically dated (post-Quake), it was ahead of its time, being (I think) the first shooter/RPG hybrid I ever played. Great voice acting too; you could only get it on CD-ROM.

#21 Posted by Deiuos (1402 posts) -

Wiz N Liz, and Wacky Worlds, both for the Genesis.

#22 Posted by SirSpudly (4045 posts) -

...it's japanese.

just_nonplussed

Actually, its Nintendo.

Just one of their dirty little secrets is how many random games they never brought to America. Which is why NOJ has such an attitude that Americans won't play anything not made for them.

Captain Rainbow was the exhibition, a great one it could have been.

#24 Posted by Tuky06 (5026 posts) -

Probably just Bard's Tale

#25 Posted by Allicrombie (25134 posts) -
I have Zanzarah (SP?)
#26 Posted by Palantas (15321 posts) -

Probably just Bard's Tale

Tuky06

That's not particularly obscure. That's a CRPG c|assic. Or were you talking about the remake?

#27 Posted by Silent-Hal (9795 posts) -
Forbidden Siren 2 I think. The first game didn't sell all that well so the sequel only had a pretty limited release. I doubt a lot of people even know it exists.
#28 Posted by thusaha (14495 posts) -

AMOK (PC).

#29 Posted by Rekunta (8275 posts) -

Panzer Dragoon Saga for the Saturn.

#30 Posted by shniager (13 posts) -
Alley Cat for MS-DOS :)
#31 Posted by AirGuitarist87 (9499 posts) -

My stepdad gave me his whole pc games collection about 6 years ago. Even then the games were old. All in excelent condition with cardboard boxes. Some brilliant and amazing titles that i still play. Like warcraft, dungeon keeper, star craft, half life + apposing force etc. But there are some floppy disk games like imortal and rorke's drift. I also own the first prince of persia (floppy disk). The collection is huge!!

Xizle
When we first got a PC it was second hand off a guy my mum worked with. It came with Jedi Knight and Daggerfall amongst other things. Because I was a wee nipper at the time the only thing I remember doing on it was throwing a bowl at the guy who was my dad and he stabbed me to death. :lol: I miss those old cardboard boxes, they were awesome.

- Eternal Champions

RaZoR_RaiN
Oh I remember that! Well...I never played it, but they used to have have a comic in Sonic The Comic that was great! There was a detective who had pointy knife shoe things. :P
#32 Posted by HenriH-42 (2113 posts) -

Xizle

Dude. :| I... I am extremely jealous. :cry: Sell me your collection plz? :P

On topic, the most obscure one I have is probably,

Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth for Windows 3.1. Anyone who's played this game or even heard of it gets a cookie.

#33 Posted by RaZoR_RaiN (489 posts) -

[QUOTE="RaZoR_RaiN"]

- Eternal Champions

AirGuitarist87

Oh I remember that! Well...I never played it, but they used to have have a comic in Sonic The Comic that was great! There was a detective who had pointy knife shoe things. :P

Yeah, it was pretty cool. Sorta like SF2 with some really unique characters and moves. Got me through the last few months waiting for the release of MK2. :D

#34 Posted by Foolio1 (7465 posts) -

...it's japanese.

just_nonplussed

It's awesome is what it is. I have the game and I love it.

#35 Posted by xbon (896 posts) -
Digimon Card Battle [PsX]
#36 Posted by BioShockOwnz (52901 posts) -

I own so many obscure titles, but my favorite modern titlesare...

#37 Posted by BuryMe (22017 posts) -

I guess for me it's Blood Will Tell. An amazingly fun PS2 game that wasn't advertised and so it didn'te sell :(

#38 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34144 posts) -

Anyone ever heard of, seen, or actually played these games? I never see other people talk about these games at all, yet all of them are very good games, IMO.

#39 Posted by BioShockOwnz (52901 posts) -

Anyone ever heard of, seen, or actually played these games? I never see other people talk about these games at all, yet all of them are very good games, IMO.

DJ-Lafleur

I bought that game ages ago at a Kaybee-Toys for a buck or two. Very good game overall.

#40 Posted by txr302 (1288 posts) -

Out of my collection, I'd say the Tokyo Xtreme Racer series.Huge fan of the series, yeh not very much say about the games.

I played a little Star Tropics, pretty good - straight out Zelda clone.

#41 Posted by Ceraby (3306 posts) -

Hm in my opinion I guess these ones would make the list :

Kaikan Phrase, Hundred Arms, Guardian's Crusade, Jojo's Bizzarre Adventures ( loved the anime as well ), Strikers 1945 II, Trag, Trap Gunner, Crisis Beat ( a Beat Em Up with a guy in a tuxedo. Found that a hoot ), Raystorm and Gunbird ( my favorite shooter ).

I have more I suppose but I'd have to look :?

AirGuitarist87

Ohh I have both :D Loved those games! Discworld, especially. I'm a fan of the series too.

#42 Posted by smbius (1609 posts) -

Valkyrie Profile (PS1)

#43 Posted by RaZoR_RaiN (489 posts) -

[QUOTE="AirGuitarist87"]

Ceraby

Ohh I have both :D Loved those games! Discworld, especially. I'm a fan of the series too.

Agreed, the discworld games were cool. You're right about the obscurity of some of the puzzles though...

I needed a walk through for some of them :oops:

#44 Posted by rgd51 (278 posts) -
banjo kazooee
#45 Posted by PlayBox39 (420 posts) -

Would Alter Echo be considered obscure?

#46 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

banjo kazooeergd51

Yeah, I've never heard of that. I have heard of Banjo Kazooie. : P

#47 Posted by yokofox33 (29403 posts) -

Chulip for the PS2. It's weird to put it lightly.

#48 Posted by Planeforger (15571 posts) -

I've heard of some of these, but only in 'old classics that nobody talks about' threads. :P

Anyway, um...I'd say that my most obscure game is probably Gorasul: Legacy of the Dragon (PC). It actually seems like a decent RPG, but I could never get much past the first village due to all of the crashing.

Oh, and if we're going by user numbers on Gamespot, SPQR: The Empire's Darkest Hour is the most obscure non-text adventure game I own.

#49 Posted by Wasdie (49654 posts) -

Metal Slug X for the PS1 and In the Hunt for the PS1.

#50 Posted by sukraj (22296 posts) -

i don't ownany obscure games.