Most Annoying NPC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by iamllamapie (211 posts) -

It can be their personality, their AI or both. For me it's the Fighter's Guild Porter from The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Doesn't matter how high a rank you are there he'll follow you so close his nose is practically up your ass. What's worse is he respawns if you kill him. T'was a sad life in the guild for my character.

How about you guy and gals?

#2 Edited by stizzal13 (602 posts) -

@iamllamapie said:

It can be their personality, their AI or both. For me it's the Fighter's Guild Porter from The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Doesn't matter how high a rank you are there he'll follow you so close his nose is practically up your ass. What's worse is he respawns if you kill him. T'was a sad life in the guild for my character.

Yes, the adoring fan immediately popped into my head when I saw your thread. However, you could certainly have fun with him, as well.

I would have to throw Navi into the conversation too. I am sure she was useful in OOT, but man was she annoying, especially when she stopped the flow of the game.

#3 Edited by The_Last_Ride (70921 posts) -

Navi is probably going to be number 1, i thought Hope in FF 13 was very annoying up to one point. He did get better towards the end, but almost half of the game is him being annoying as hell

#4 Edited by iamllamapie (211 posts) -

@iamllamapie said:

Yes, the adoring fan immediately popped into my head when I saw your thread. However, you could certainly have fun with him, as well.

I would have to throw Navi into the conversation too. I am sure she was useful in OOT, but man was she annoying, especially when she stopped the flow of the game.

I take it you took him to the tip of the Jeral Mountains too?

Personally, I like it when Navi shouts "Hey, listen!"

Steve Burnside from Resident Evil: Code Veronica was a pain too.

#5 Posted by stizzal13 (602 posts) -

@stizzal13 said:

@iamllamapie said:

I take it you took him to the tip of the Jeral Mountains too?

You better believe it!

Personally, I like it when Navi shouts "Hey, listen!"

I can understand that. I know people who consider Navi their favorite NPC from the Zelda series. She is definitely iconic, just not for the right reasons IMO. lol

Steve Burnside from Resident Evil: Code Veronica was a pain too.

Good call, his voice was so annoying! But, I was still sad to see him die.

#6 Edited by gpuFX16 (1296 posts) -

No Mr. Resetti yet? Tsk-tsk.

#7 Edited by Beagle050 (716 posts) -

The Adoring Fan or Cicero. Maybe not Cicero, though, because I could launch him off the throat of the world.

#8 Edited by Evil_Saluki (4878 posts) -

Apparently I was suppose to find Vanille annoying in FF-13 and was expected to see her mentioned here already, which she hasn't. I liked her, she had an awesome summoning useful for farming them big fat bosses in the planes that dropped the adamantite, plus the only reason I can think someone can find her annoying is because she's optimistic and australian, to which I call them a racist prick and also punch them in the face for wanting yet another brooding, depressed character in their FF games like it hasn't got enough already (Thumbs up for the person who mentioned Hope by the way).

Seriously I don't know who tries to implant these "This character is annoying" seed in my brain, just because they said so, but it doesn't work, unless your names Dominic Cobb.

A truly annoying NPC.... That dick head who calls you all the time in the original Dead Rising, the one who hate you hanging up on him when your seriously busy running from a jeep that's shooting at you with a mounted machine gun while your wrestling zombies.

#9 Posted by iamllamapie (211 posts) -

A truly annoying NPC.... That dick head who calls you all the time in the original Dead Rising, the one who hate you hanging up on him when your seriously busy running from a jeep that's shooting at you with a mounted machine gun while your wrestling zombies.

That would be Otis. All he ever wanted from Frank was some manners, haha

#10 Edited by abaramuchi (25 posts) -

Apparently I was suppose to find Vanille annoying in FF-13 and was expected to see her mentioned here already, which she hasn't. I liked her, she had an awesome summoning useful for farming them big fat bosses in the planes that dropped the adamantite

I didn't mind Vanille either. I liked her side story with Sazh, and Hecatoncheir was my favorite eidolon. She has nothing on Lymle from Star Ocean, Rico from Infinite Undiscovery, or Yuki from Enchanted Arms.

#11 Posted by crazywitchbitch (27 posts) -

Navi from OOT. Her tips didn't really help you and she was kind of just a nuisance.

#12 Posted by ShangTsung7 (247 posts) -

Lydia from Skyrim, i rarely "if ever" use followers on this game unless i have no choice like on the Dawnguard story but for some reason i found her to be particularly annoying, everything about her just got on my nerves, her voice, her constant repetitive dialog, her pathetic combat style, even weirder some players actually prefer her when using a follower, i never understood it.. occasionally i'll take her out just to march her to the highest cliff i can find so i can fus ro da her off of it, i get a sick feeling of sheer satisfaction from that. :D

#13 Posted by Ish_basic (4003 posts) -

Lymle from Star Ocean, kay? Every time she talks, I feel like someone dosed me.

And any NPC that's supposed to be helping me, but really isn't. Like Rico from Killzone. Instead of fighting the last boss, I backed Rico into corner and beat him into a fetal position with my rifle butt...and it felt gud.

Anybody who calls me on a codec while i'm on mission with their personal shit. Rose?

#14 Edited by Danyawesomsauce (105 posts) -

The Adoring Fan from Oblivion.

#15 Edited by Beagle050 (716 posts) -

@shangtsung7: Seranna (the vampire woman) was much more annoying to me, but with Lydia being a close second. I always just let Lydia camp out in Breezehome - no annoying voice, and no running into my magic. Luckily, the draugr boss in Sarthaal stomped this particular pest early in my current game. My ears thanked him.

#16 Edited by Lhomity (771 posts) -

Brother from Final Fantasy X-2. (Singling out X-2 because he was barely in X enough to be annoying)

And I'm in the minority of people who actually enjoyed that game (despite obvious flaws).

#17 Edited by ShangTsung7 (247 posts) -

@shangtsung7: Seranna (the vampire woman) was much more annoying to me, but with Lydia being a close second. I always just let Lydia camp out in Breezehome - no annoying voice, and no running into my magic. Luckily, the draugr boss in Sarthaal stomped this particular pest early in my current game. My ears thanked him.

i actually like Serana, she has a cool sarcastic voice which i adore, even if her dialog does get repetitive after awhile, and at least she knows how to fight, she also can't be killed which makes her my main bullet shield on those hard as balls quests.. lol only thing i didn't like about her was the fact that she was forced on you during the dawnguard quests, made her feel a 3rd leg..

#18 Posted by colibriosis (597 posts) -

Saboteur. Pretty horrible game overall, but NPCs would either be so lost they forgot they were in a battle with you..or so responsive that you died almost instantly.

#19 Posted by girlshavefuntoo (120 posts) -

Junpei Iori from Persona 3 and it's remakes. He annoys the crap out of me. Other contenders are the adoring fan from Oblivion and Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite.

#20 Posted by nicecall (428 posts) -

Junpei Iori from Persona 3 and it's remakes. He annoys the crap out of me. Other contenders are the adoring fan from Oblivion and Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite.

ya i couldnt agree more, Elizabeth is god awful. At least you could kill the adoring fan, you couldnt even kill the ratface Elizabeth.

i'd like to add Kaidan from Mass Effect... i hated his voice, his greasy bacon face and his do gooder attitude.

and Rikku from FFX, horrible personality and whinny voice.

#21 Posted by girlshavefuntoo (120 posts) -

@nicecall said:

@girlshavefuntoo said:

ya i couldnt agree more, Elizabeth is god awful. At least you could kill the adoring fan, you couldnt even kill the ratface Elizabeth.

i'd like to add Kaidan from Mass Effect... i hated his voice, his greasy bacon face and his do gooder attitude.

and Rikku from FFX, horrible personality and whinny voice.

Ahh, I forgot Kaiden existed. I always let him die.

#22 Edited by CrimsonBrute (23306 posts) -

Those women and the bard who come towards you begging for money in Assassin's Creed.

#23 Posted by Permerup (35 posts) -

Farrah from Prince of Persia (PS2 reboot). There is no doubt about it for me.

#24 Edited by turtlethetaffer (16685 posts) -

Lady and gentlemen, may I present...

#25 Posted by stizzal13 (602 posts) -

Lady and gentlemen, may I present...

That is a very punchable face...

#26 Edited by platinumking320 (666 posts) -

Lets not forget who set this precedent for all video games. And the lifetime achievement award goes to..

Our Runner-up is ....

#27 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16685 posts) -
#28 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16685 posts) -